Anyone know the anabolic ratio of M1 Alpha?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know it’s predecessor M1T had one of the highest anabolic ratios of any steroid. Curious, does anyone know the anabolic ratio for it’s “son” M1 Alpha. I know it only converts to M1T at about 25 percent so it couldn’t be near as high as M1T.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh boy, this is right up @StarScream66 alley
Well, I do have a copy of the Vida book that has every listed steroid every and their A:A ratio, but I'd have to know the exact name of the molecule and depending on the nomenclature, what they called it in the book. As a matter of fact, I found it on Google Books and you can hunt for it yourself for free so I don't have to. :)

But, honestly, those values aren't really that applicable to real word scenarios, since they testing methods used testing said steroid only on the levator ani organ in rats - not skeletal muscle.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just out of my own curiosity, I tried to find M1-Alpha, but it looks like it's not in the book. The name of the chemical compound is either Methyl-1-etiocholenolol or Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone

Since it's a precursor to a precursor it's probably something they didn't investigate because no one probably ever anticipated they would be using stuff like this since it's such a convoluted way of making a compound. It's meant to skirt the legal restrictions on it, not to necessarily be efficient. But, you can look at the study (there's only 1) on 1AD/1-DHEA and see that it's quite effective.

But, the methylated version would stay methylated all the way downstream, so as it converts to 1-test it would be methyl-1-test eventually, so presumably it would be better (assuming it's not converting to methyl-estrogen as well, which it very well could be). But, the molecule itself is a 4 carbon atom that is a steroid, so it might interact with androgen receptors directly as well. But, since it's 17 alpha alkalated (methylated) you do you have to worry about the liver effects it's having, so definitely take some NAC with it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I do have a copy of the Vida book that has every listed steroid every and their A:A ratio, but I'd have to know the exact name of the molecule and depending on the nomenclature, what they called it in the book. As a matter of fact, I found it on Google Books and you can hunt for it yourself for free so I don't have to. :)

But, honestly, those values aren't really that applicable to real word scenarios, since they testing methods used testing said steroid only on the levator ani organ in rats - not skeletal muscle.
It's an $800 book.
Where did you get it? (Published 1969)

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's an $800 book.
Where did you get it? (Published 1969)
I have friends in high places. :) William Llewellyn just sent me a brand new copy of his Anabolics 11th edition and it looks excellent, I haven't had the chance to crack it open yet. If you're looking for any specific books, let me know. I'll PM you a copy of the Vida book in PDF format.

But, the one on Google Books I just happened upon in a search. I believe it's a full copy of the book. Why it's free on Google Books, I have no idea. I assume because it's such an old research book they have it accessible.

It's also possible to get the text of full studies that are behind a paywall using either the extension Unpaywall or Sci-Hub.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Methyl 1 androstenediol is 1 step conversion to methyl 1 testosterone. M1A is active on its own and binds to the androgen receptor. Other than trestolone it's strongest designer steroid currently available that's not a controlled substance

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Methyl 1 andostenediol is 1 step conversion to methyl 1 testosterone. M1A is active on its own and binds to the androgen receptor. Other than trestolone it's strongest designer steroid currently available that's not a controlled substance
I don't believe that's correct, but I could be wrong. I believe it's 1-methyl-1DHEA, which is a two step conversion to 1-test. But it is a 4 carbon atom steroid in itself and can bind to the androgen receptor on it's own.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't believe that's correct, but I could be wrong. I believe it's 1-methyl-1DHEA, which is a two step conversion to 1-test. But it is a 4 carbon atom steroid in itself and can bind to the androgen receptor on it's own.
Do you agree with him on his point that it is the strongest steroid on the gray market still sold by some supplement companies in the USA?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
M1A or Alpha 1 is methyl 1 anrdostenediol. I don't know what compound you're talking about. Methyl 1 androstenediol is Methyl 1 androstenediol.

Last edited:

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Methyl 1 etiochoenolol is Methyl 1 androstenediol or M1A. A designer steroid that has been sold online by retailers for 15 years. It's not new

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Methyl 1 etiochoenolol is Methyl 1 androstenediol or M1A. A designer steroid that has been sold online by retailers for 15 years. It's not new
Ok, but 1-andro has been on the DEA scheduled list since like 2005. So, it must be sold in gray/black market sellers because there's no way it could be sold openly like that. I assumed it was 1-methyl-1DHEA because when I searched for what the ingredients were it came back as Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone, which is not androstenediol, but the two step conversion of 1DHEA. But maybe that's just nomenclature that I'm not following.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you agree with him on his point that it is the strongest steroid on the gray market still sold by some supplement companies in the USA?
Strongest is kind of an ambiguous term. It depends on what you want to base that assessment on. If you look at the anabolic to androgenic ratio numbers, like I mentioned above, those were just tested on rat prostates and the levator ani, and that really doesn't apply to real world because it was never tested on skeletal muscle in humans.

1-test is dihydroboldenone, which is a very potent steroid, and it has a very good anabolic potential with not to many androgenic sides, which is ideally what you want. When it's methylated, it has some conversion to estrogen and that estrogen becomes methylated as well, and a very very strong estrogen. However, it's conversion is low to none so that's not something to worry about. It is hepatoxic, however, so you would want to be making sure your liver values are good on a blood test when taking it and not overdo it.

Hope that makes since,
-SS

EDIT: Corrected the estrogen topic thanks to info from @dvw

Last edited:

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Methyl 1 androstenediol doesn't convert methylestrodiol or methyl estrogen. You are giving bad advice about a compound you know nothing about

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It can not be sold as "dietary supplement". But it's not a controlled substance. Therefore it has been sold by online retailers for 15 years

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're right, I don't know a lot about this compound, but I know a lot about DHB aka 1-test and M1T. If this is a precursor to this, it acts in the same way. There doesn't appear to be a lot of information out there about this drug. But I can tell you for a fact that 1-androstenediol/dione are both scheduled drugs under the DEA's scheduling list, and as this is just a methylated form it could be considered a salt of that drug and potentially be banned as well. But, you may know more about it than me. As a consumer it would be nothing to be worried about, in legal terms, as they only go after suppliers and not consumers.
I have never seen it sold openly anywhere, but I haven't looked around for it.

The only real mention of it on a Google search is that M&M article you linked which only references "Roberts, S (2009). Anabolic Pharmacology.". I'll have to see if I can find a copy of that and see if there is any actual research on this compound.

However, I did read through the profile for M1T in Anabolics 11th ed and found the following:

Methyl-1-testosterone

Side Effects (Estrogenic):
Although not studied, it is believed that the ody does not appreciably aromatize methyl-1-testosterone. It is of note, however, that this steroid likely has inherent progestational activity. The side effects associated with progesterone are similar to those of estrogen, including negative feedback inhibition of testosterone production and enhanced rate of fat storage. Progestins also augment the stimulatory effect of estrogens onmammary tissue growth. There appears to be a strong synergy between these two hormones here, such that gynecomastia might even occur with the help of progestins, without excessive estrogen levels. The use of anti-estrogen, which inhibits the estrogenic component of this disorder, is often sufficient to mitigate gynecomastia caused by progestational anabolic/androgenic steroids.
Source: Anabolics 11th ed by William Llewellyn

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're right, I don't know a lot about this compound, but I know a lot about DHB aka 1-test and M1T. If this is a precursor to this, it acts in the same way. There doesn't appear to be a lot of information out there about this drug. But I can tell you for a fact that 1-androstenediol/dione are both scheduled drugs under the DEA's scheduling list, and as this is just a methylated form it could be considered a salt of that drug and potentially be banned as well. But, you may know more about it than me. As a consumer it would be nothing to be worried about, in legal terms, as they only go after suppliers and not consumers.
I have never seen it sold openly anywhere, but I haven't looked around for it.

The only real mention of it on a Google search is that M&M article you linked which only references "Roberts, S (2009). Anabolic Pharmacology.". I'll have to see if I can find a copy of that and see if there is any actual research on this compound.

However, I did read through the profile for M1T in Anabolics 11th ed and found the following:

Methyl-1-testosterone

Source: Anabolics 11th ed by William Llewellyn
Bud this compound has been discussed at length for over 10 years on this forum. It's been logged, reviewed and explained at length by chemist henryV and Patrick Arnold who were both board member and chemists. Search this forum for all the info

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bud this compound has been discussed at length for over 10 years on this forum. It's been logged, reviewed and explained at length by chemist henryV and Patrick Arnold who were both board member and chemists. Search this forum for all the info
I understand what you're saying, but all I'm trying to say is that it is potentially illegal. Anyway, that's basically just theoretical. If it's been sold for that long, I can only guess it's just not on the FDA/DEA's radar.

I can dig up the thread's you're talking about, because I would love to learn more about it. Should I just search for "M1AD" by username 'Patrick Arnold', or is there one specific thread you can point me too.

It definitely sounds like you know a lot more about it than me, so I'm not trying to call you out or try and post false info myself. What I was posting above was based on not being sure what it was, but regardless, it still converts to methyl-1T and the info for 1T and M1T are still valid.

Thanks,
-SS

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, I found the text referenced in the article you posted, and I thought I would share the steroid profile from the book here.

17-ALPHA-METHYL-I-ANDROSTENEDJOL
(none)
17-alpha-methyI-I-androstenediol

17-alpha-methyl-l-androstenediol is a prohormone that is not listed in the 2004 legislation. This prohormone is the diol version of methyl-I-testosterone and requires conversion to be fully active although it does have some activity in its own right. Only a portion of the dose taken will convert to methyl-I-test but because methyl-I-test is so potent a dose of only 20 mg of the prohormone seems to be sufficient to produce gains. This prohormone is toxic to the liver but at doses of 20 mg the
toxicity should be no more than effective doses of methandrostenolone. This prohonnone will likely convert at a rate of 10 to 20%, therefore, a dose of 20 mg of the prohormone will deliver a dose of 2 to 4 mg of MIT. This dose of MIT, along with the activity of the prohormone itself, produces significant gains without the side effects that many were experiencing with larger doses of MIT. The anabolic to androgenic ratio of this prohormone show it to be four times as anabolic as methyltestosterone with about the same level of androgenic activity. Neither the prohormone or MIT can convert to estrogenic metabolites through the actions of aromatase. Both however, are likely to inhibit II-betahydroxylase resulting in water retention and elevated blood pressure not to mention all of the potential androgenic side effects.

Source: Anabolic Pharmacology by Seth Roberts 2009

Unfortunately, the author gives no references to these claims, so it's based on his understanding of how it should work, as I assume there are no studies on it at all.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Methyl 1 androstenediol is 1 step conversion to methyl 1 testosterone. M1A is active on its own and binds to the androgen receptor. Other than trestolone it's strongest designer steroid currently available that's not a controlled substance
Strongest in terms of what?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
45 mg of M1A for 4-6 weeks and 15-20 lbs gainz is common. Some go up to 60 mg. 30-45 mgs transdermal trestolone can give 15-20 lbs in short amount of time as well

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I understand what you're saying, but all I'm trying to say is that it is potentially illegal. Anyway, that's basically just theoretical. If it's been sold for that long, I can only guess it's just not on the FDA/DEA's radar.

I can dig up the thread's you're talking about, because I would love to learn more about it. Should I just search for "M1AD" by username 'Patrick Arnold', or is there one specific thread you can point me too.

It definitely sounds like you know a lot more about it than me, so I'm not trying to call you out or try and post false info myself. What I was posting above was based on not being sure what it was, but regardless, it still converts to methyl-1T and the info for 1T and M1T are still valid.

Thanks,
-SS
You're asking me how to use the "search tool" of anabolic minds forum? You're a smart fellow

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FDA DEA radar? Lmao. Maybe you shouldn't purchase it if your concern is if it's "illegal".

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Weight and size gainz
For me personally, zero weight or size gained on m1a. But I get really strong and a good pump on it. I'm not saying you can't get big on it. I've seen multiple people say they did but not me. I find dmz and msten better for size

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
45 mg of M1A for 4-6 weeks and 15-20 lbs gainz is common. Some go up to 60 mg. 30-45 mgs transdermal trestolone can give 15-20 lbs in short amount of time as well
Oh and I tried it up to 90mg pre workout. Got nothing from it lower then 60. So when I use it now, strictly pre workout at 60-90mg on a day I'm trying to set a pr or break out a slump

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're asking me how to use the "search tool" of anabolic minds forum? You're a smart fellow
I thought you might give me a keyword to aid in my search, instead of hunting through possibly hundreds of threads for it. There's no need to get passive aggressive about it.

FDA DEA radar? Lmao. Maybe you shouldn't purchase it if your concern is if it's "illegal".
Like I said, they only go after vendors, not consumers. I sent a tweet to Rick Collins to ask about it. I'll post what he says if he replies.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me personally, zero weight or size gained on m1a. But I get really strong and a good pump on it. I'm not saying you can't get big on it. I've seen multiple people say they did but not me. I find dmz and msten better for size
If you gained zero weight and size it was definitely bunk. What brand M1A did you run?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ran 45 mg for 30 days last year. Was premier research essentials. They're a board sponsor. High quality. Gained 11 lbs. I started at 223 lbs went up to 234 lbs. Was on approx. 500 calorie surplus for 30 days.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, I found the text referenced in the article you posted, and I thought I would share the steroid profile from the book here.

Unfortunately, the author gives no references to these claims, so it's based on his understanding of how it should work, as I assume there are no studies on it at all.
Author gives no reference to claims? Did you want author to have taken the compound and list his personal experience? Well you could search M1A or Alpha 1 logs on internet and in fact see what dozens of people claim who have taken it. Their personal account would in fact be their "reference" Peculiar guy you are

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Author gives no reference to claims? Did you want author to have taken the compound and list his personal experience? Well you could search M1A or Alpha 1 logs on internet and in fact see what dozens of people claim who havev taken it. Their personal account would 8n fact be their "reference" Peculiar guy
Maybe you got the 1-methyl-1dhea starscream66 is talking about?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I ran 45 mg for 30 days last year. Was premier research essentials. They're a board sponsor. High quality. Gained 11 lbs. I started at 223 lbs went up to 234 lbs. Was on approx. 500 calorie surplus for 30 days.
How much of the 11 pounds did you keep?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, how were the sides (back pumps, high blood pressure, liver)?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you gained zero weight and size it was definitely bunk. What brand M1A did you run?
No it was not bunk, and I'm not the only person who has reacted that way to it. I have used medfit rx and another reputable brand that is slipping my mind at the moment.

Strength gains like a mofo. Just no size

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Author gives no reference to claims? Did you want author to have taken the compound and list his personal experience? Well you could search M1A or Alpha 1 logs on internet and in fact see what dozens of people claim who havev taken it. Their personal account would 8n fact be their "reference" Peculiar guy

Nope. Ppl react differently to different stuff. Now superdrol... I gain like a pound per day

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've only run M1A solo once. Other times I was taking other stuff stacked. But I personally felt M1A gave me a very fast increase in strength and size in only 4 weeks

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, what I was looking for was something like how Anabolics 11th ed is written. Each section that the author discusses is generally based on referenced scientific studies or some type of research data. The article you linked from M&M used only the Seth Roberts book as a reference, and that reference is just based on the authors opinion of the compound, and not actual studies or scientific data.

So, you're right, probably the best 'research' we have on it is from logs. Btw, if you want a copy of the book, let me know.

I'm not even aware such a compound exist. But, I know, for example, Hi Tech makes a product called 1AD which is 1DHEA that has the 2 step conversion to 1-test. I just assumed the name M1AD was just a marketing name, like 1AD is.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just out of my own curiosity, I tried to find M1-Alpha, but it looks like it's not in the book. The name of the chemical compound is either Methyl-1-etiocholenolol or Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone
one of those is M1a the other is M1p both brought to market by LG in early 2000s

Edit: I am way off.. I think SS has it correct.. M1p is something far more sinister.

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i wonder if we can find some info.. the govnmt took it off the market at the same time as all the other great pre 2004 orals ircc

now.. these two were actually released together.. how the 1a made it through all the legislation is pretty amazing, your literally still able to get this pre ban designer.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I missed all of the good LG Sciences stuff, except the preWO Anadraulic State GT. We would take that stuff and go berserk when we were like 20 years old.

Tasted like ass and made your gut almost sick, but it must have been spiked with something effective.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Notice above edit on M1a-M1p

this is what ive found and its pretty supprising if its what i think it is. i think this is what the m1p was.

7a-Methyl-Sa-androst-1-ene and -19-norandrost-1-ene derivatives. (CIBA Ltd.). (1964), 20pp. NL 6404972 19641109 Patent language unavailable. Priority: CH 19630506. CAN 63:80893 AN 1965:480893 CAPLUS

Patent Family Information

Patent No. Kind Date Application No. Date
NL 6404972 19641109 NL

Priority Application
CH 19630506

Abstract

The products have anabolic and antiovulatory action. Thus, 3.03 g. 3-oxo-7a, 17adimethyl-17bhydroxy-5a-androstane, m. 148-9l [a]20D� -17� (1% dioxane) is dissolved in 70 g. dimethvlformamide. 0.3 ml. 48% aq. HBr and 0.06 g. p-toluenesulfonic acid monohydrate added, and within 10 min. a soln. of 0.5 ml. Br in 14.5 ml. dimethylformamide added at 20-5�. After 3 hrs. 4 g. of Li2CO3 is added. The mixt. kept under N is refluxed 2.5 hrs., and the crude product dissolved in 160 ml. methanol, and 6 g. Na pyrosulfite in 30 ml. H2O added at 20-5�. The mixt. is stirred for 5 min., extd. with CH2Cl2, the ext. washed with H2O, dried over Na2SO4, filtered, (or a pyrosulfite treatment) and this procedure repeated 2 times, evapd. During the third treatment the reaction mixt. is boiled for 16 hrs. under N to yield 1.0 g. the 1-androstene compd., m. 174-5�, [a]20D -1� (1%, dioxane). Also, prepd. were 3-oxo-7a-methyl-17bhydroxy-5a-androstane, m. 174.7�, [a]20D -25� (c 1%, dioxane), 3-oxo-7a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-1-androstene, m. 147-9� [a]20D - 10� (1%, dioxane); 3-oxo-7a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-1-androstene undecylenate, m. 30-5�. 3-oxo-7a-,17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxy-19-nor-5a-andro-stane, m. 104-6�, [a]20D 15� (c 0.951, chloroform); 3-oxo-7a,-17b-dimethyl-17a-hydroxy-19-norandrost-4-ene, m. 150.5-1.5�, [a]20D, 93� (c 0.500, chloroform),3-b-hydroxy-7a-methyl-17-oxo-5a-androst-1-ene, and 3-oxo-7a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-17a-ethy-nyl-5a-androst- 1 -ene.

5a-Androstolone derivatives. (Schering A.-G.). (1966), 9 pp. NL 6511073 19660228 Patent language unavailable. Priority: DE 19640826. CAN 65:4192 AN 1966:404192 CAPLUS

Patent Family Information

Patent No. Kind Date Application No. Date
NL 6511073 19660228 NL

Priority Application
DE 19640826

Abstract

7a-Methyl-6a-androstan-17b-ol-3-one (5.2 g.), m. 189.5-90.5�, in 25 cc. C5H5N with 12 cc. Ac2O kept overnight gave 5.33 g. 17-acetate (I), m. 138-40� (iso-Pr2O). I (5.3 g.) in 250 cc. tetrahydrofuran (THF) contg. 2 drops HBr-AcOH and treated dropwise with stirring at 10-15� with 0.8 cc. Br in 25 cc. AcOH gave 4.96 g. 2a-Br deriv. (II) of I, m. 190.5-91� (iso-Pr2O). II (4.95 g.) in 132 cc. HCONMe2 stirred 5 hrs. at 115� under N with 3.3 g. CaCO3 and 1.6 g. LiBr yielded 2.42 g. 17-acetate (III) of 7a-methyl-5a-androst-1-en-17b-ol-3-one (IV), m. 120-1� (iso-Pr2O). III (500 mg.) in 30 cc. MeOH refluxed 0.5 hr. under N with stirring with 5 cc. 2N NaOH and acidified gave IV; a 302.5-mg. portion in 1 cc. dry C6H5N treated 15 hrs. at room temp. with 0.70 cc. (EtCO)2O yielded the 17-propionate (V) of IV, m. 98-9� (iso-Pr2O). IV (1 g.) in 50 cc. dry C6H6, 25 mg. p-MeC6H4SO3H, and 2.5 cc. (CH2OH)2 refluxed 48 hrs. with stirring under N, and the crude product chromatographed on Al2O3 yielded the 3-ethylene ketal (VI) of IV. V (1 g.) in 10 cc. C5H5N added dropwise with stirring at room temp. to 1 g. CrO3 in 10 cc. C5H5N and stirred 8 hrs. gave 7a-methyl-5a-androst-1-ene-3,17-dione 3-ethylene ketal (VII). VII (0.70 g.) in 50 cc. dry C6H6 added dropwise to MeMgI from 1.35 g. Mg and 3 cc. MeI in 17 cc. dry Et2O and stirred 4 hrs. at room temp. and the product refluxed 0.5 hr. under N with 0.8 cc. 8% H2SO4 and 30 cc. MeOH yielded 7a,17a-dimethyl-5a-androst-1-en-17b-ol-3-one (VIII). III (345 mg.) in 10 cc. dioxane stirred 2 hrs. at room temp. with 1 cc. H2O, 0.1 cc. 70% aq. HClO4, and 150 mg. N-bromosuccinimide yielded 220 mg. 2b-bromo-7a-methyl-5a-androstane-1a,17b-diol-3-one 17-acetate (IX), m. 175� (decompn.)(iso-Pr2O.sbd.CH2Cl2). IX (710 mg.) in 20 cc. 1:1 THF MeOH contg. 0.22 g. AcONa and 0.15 cc. AcOH hydrogenated over 0.1 g. 10% Pd-CaCO3 in 10 cc. THF yielded 500 mg. 17-acetate of 7a-methyl-5a-androstane-1a,17b-diol-3-one (X), m. 210-11� (decompn.)(iso-Pr2O.sbd.Me2CO). VIII (400 mg.) in 10 cc. dioxane with 1 cc.
H2O, 0.1 cc. 70% HClO4, and 170 mg. N-bromosuccinimide yielded 2b-bromo-7a,17a-dimethyl-5a-androstane-1a,17a-diol-3-one; a 827-mg. portion in 25 cc. 1:1 THF-MeOH contg. 0.25 g. AcONa and 0.17 cc. AcOH hydrogenated about 2 hrs. over 0.11 g. 10% Pd-CaCO3 in 10 cc. THF yielded the 17a-Me deriv. of X, m. 183-3.5� (CH2Cl2-iso-Pr2O). V (800 mg.) was converted similarly to the 17-propionate of X, m. 169-71�. IV (4 g.) in 80 cc. C5H5N stirred 5 hrs. at room temp. with 8 g. CrO3 in 80 cc. C5H5N yielded 3.58 g. 7a-methyl-5a-androst-1-ene-3,17-dione (XI), m. 190.5-92� (iso-Pr2O). XI (3.2 g.) in 93 cc. dioxane treated with stirring at 0� with 9.3 cc. H2O, 0.93 cc. 70% aq. HClO4, and 1.4 g. N-bromosuccinimide and stirred 2 hrs. at room temp. gave 900 mg. 2b-bromo-7a-methyl-5a-androstan-1a-ol-3,17-dione (XII), m. 182-6� (decompn.). XII (890 mg.) in 30 cc. 1:1 THF-MeOH contg. 0.3 g. AcONa and 0.18 cc. AcOH hydrogenated over 116 mg. prehydrogenated 10% Pd-C in 15 cc. THF and the crude product chromatographed on silica gel yielded 345 mg. 7a-methyl-5a-androstan-1a-ol-3,17-dione (XIII), m. 210-13�. XIII (334 mg.) in 5 cc. dry CH2Cl2, 0.45 cc. (CH2OH)2, and 4.5 mg. p-C6H4SO3H stirred 24 hrs. at room temp. yielded 370 mg. 3-ethylene ketal (XIV) of XIII, m. 148-9� (iso-Pr2O). XIV (370 mg.) in 70 cc. dry C6H6 stirred 5 hrs. at room temp. with MeMgI from 2.4 g. Mg and 5.5 cc. MeI in 31 cc. Et2O yielded 190 mg. 7a,17a-dimethyl-5a-androstane-1a,17b-diol-3-one, m. 183-3.5�. III and the 17-acetate of X showed anabolic and androgenic activities comparable to that of testosterone propionate.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I missed all of the good LG Sciences stuff, except the preWO Anadraulic State GT. We would take that stuff and go berserk when we were like 20 years old.

Tasted like ass and made your gut almost sick, but it must have been spiked with something effective.
It made me feel sick every time I took it and I'd take it anyway, they sold me on the = 1gram of test lol