Unanswered Any natural supplements to reduce prolactin levels?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have depression & anxiety and recently my doctor put me on an adjunct drug to help. It's called Rexulti (brexpiprazole). It's classified as an anti-psychotic, but at the low dose I'm taking of 1mg, it doesn't exert those kinds of effects.

Mechanism Of Action
The mechanism of action of brexpiprazole in the treatment of major depressive disorder or schizophrenia is unknown. However, the efficacy of brexpiprazole may be mediated through a combination of partial agonist activity at serotonin 5-HT1A and dopamine D2 receptors, and antagonist activity at serotonin 5-HT2A receptors.

Pharmacodynamics
Brexpiprazole has affinity (expressed as Ki) for multiple monoaminergic receptors including serotonin 5-HT1A (0.12 nM), 5-HT2A (0.47 nM), 5-HT2B (1.9 nM), 5-HT7 (3.7 nM), dopamine D2 (0.30 nM), D3 (1.1 nM), and noradrenergic α1A (3.8 nM), α1B (0.17 nM), α1D (2.6 nM), and α2C (0.59 nM) receptors. Brexpiprazole acts as a partial agonist at the 5-HT1A, D2, and D3 receptors and as an antagonist at 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, 5-HT7, α1A, α1B, α1D, and α2C receptors. Brexpiprazole also exhibits affinity for histamine H1 receptor (19 nM) and for muscarinic M1 receptor (67% inhibition at 10 βM).

Unfortunately, brexpiprazole increases prolactin levels. I'm going into my doc later this month so I'll have him check my prolactin levels and see where they're at, but my libido is absolutely dead.

Breast cancer, hyperprolactinemia, infertility
Brexpiprazole can cause hyperprolactinemia, likely due to central dopamine D2 antagonism. Elevations in prolactin may result in infertility in either men or women, or other endocrine abnormalities. Close monitoring for adverse endocrine effects is advisable during use of brexpiprazole. Some human breast cancers may be prolactin-dependent and therefore brexpiprazole should be used cautiously in those who have a history of breast cancer.
According to this study,
Effect of Brexpiprazole on Prolactin An Analysis of Short- and Long-Term Studies in Schizophrenia
, the effects on prolactin from brexpiprazole are pretty minimum. But, it's still a concern of mine.

I was thinking of trying bromocriptine with it, but it has a drug interaction warning.

Bromocriptine: (Moderate) The prolactin-lowering effect of bromocriptine at the anterior pituitary may be antagonized by medications that increase prolactin levels, such as the atypical antipsychotics. The atypical antipsychotics elevate prolactin to various degrees. Like other drugs that antagonize dopamine D2 receptors, the elevation in prolactin from atypical antipsychotics can persist during chronic administration. Monitor the patient for reduced response to bromocriptine. Atypical antipsychotic therapy may aggravate diabetes mellitus and cause metabolic changes such as hyperglycemia. If bromocriptine is taken for diabetes, monitor for worsening glycemic control.
So, I was wondering if there are any OTC supplements that can reduce prolactin levels? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
SS

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have depression & anxiety and recently my doctor put me on an adjunct drug to help. It's called Rexulti (brexpiprazole). It's classified as an anti-psychotic, but at the low dose I'm taking of 1mg, it doesn't exert those kinds of effects.

Unfortunately, brexpiprazole increases prolactin levels. I'm going into my doc later this month so I'll have him check my prolactin levels and see where they're at, but my libido is absolutely dead.

According to this study,
Effect of Brexpiprazole on Prolactin An Analysis of Short- and Long-Term Studies in Schizophrenia
, the effects on prolactin from brexpiprazole are pretty minimum. But, it's still a concern of mine.

I was thinking of trying bromocriptine with it, but it has a drug interaction warning.

So, I was wondering if there are any OTC supplements that can reduce prolactin levels? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
SS
Prolactrone by BLR
Highly effective at reducing prolactin levels and naturally. BLR15 for a discount.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think SNS has one still inhibit p

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

sdplissken

sdplissken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Don't take anything natural or not that interacts with dopamine receptors since you are taking Rexulti. Tell your doctor that you have libido issues and ask him to check your prolactin. If it comes high then he will make the right decision regarding your medication.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Prolactrone by BLR
Highly effective at reducing prolactin levels and naturally. BLR15 for a discount.
Looks like it's just l-dopa and green tea extract. Levodopa is on the list of contraindications for anti psychotic medications.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
That one has l-dopa, P5P & Vitex. I remember Vitex having some anti-prolactin effects and I think I tried it in the past, but I've never really looked into it.

batmanraider9

Awards
Are you supposed to take L Dopa with P5P? Ive read things that contradict taking it with or without

batmanraider9

Awards
Ya. That more than I’m using ON cycle on a combined gram of gear. Not the hugest fan of AI in pct but I did a taper once due to estro rebound.
If I wanted the worlds best pct I’d do that minus the AI and blast a couple thousand hcg over the first week

According to this study,
Effect of Brexpiprazole on Prolactin An Analysis of Short- and Long-Term Studies in Schizophrenia, the effects on prolactin from brexpiprazole are pretty minimum. But, it's still a concern of mine.

Thanks,
SS
I have schizophrenia bro and also take antipsychotics. Taking L Dopa will be detrimental to your mental health. Every time I take L Dopa I get sick.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Already mentioned by inhibit p by sns would an awesome product for this. In stock at strong supplement shop as well.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome to see a reasonable response on here.(y)
Shills have no shame.
Yeah screw everyone else for answering the exact question he asked, right? 🤔🤔

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah screw everyone else for answering the exact question he asked, right?
Given the OP gave substantial background info, you have to look at the question in its full context. I’m aware he came to a supplement forum and asked a question, but it’s general practice to guide an individual back to their physician who prescribed them a medication that is causing issues.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah screw everyone else for answering the exact question he asked, right?
Given the OP gave substantial background info, you have to look at the question in its full context. I’m aware he came to a supplement forum and asked a question, but it’s general practice to guide an individual back to their physician who prescribed them a medication that is causing issues.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The full context implies, to me at least, that OP is an informed adult who understands drugs, both pharma and supplemental. While @sdplissken had a good reply (and i agree with him 100%), it didnt answer the question. And faulting/insulting someone who DID provide the info OP asked for is silly and unhelpful.

sdplissken

sdplissken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Peace guys. We are all on the same iron team. OP is taking an atypical antipsychotic drug which acts on D2 and D3 receptors among others. Every substance natural or not which lowers prolactin acts as a dopaminergic. It could be very risky to suggest anything to him. We don't know even if his prolactin is high or normal. Having said that, prolactrone and inhibit-p are great natural dopaminergic supplements and that's why they are both quite effective in this regard.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
B6 can reduce prolactin.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't take anything natural or not that interacts with dopamine receptors since you are taking Rexulti. Tell your doctor that you have libido issues and ask him to check your prolactin. If it comes high then he will make the right decision regarding your medication.
This is honestly the best response.

Are there OTC ingredients that are hypothesized to reduce prolactin? Yes. Invariably they effect your dopamine levels and this, as pointed out above, could do more harm than good.

The suggestions above aren't wrong though - L-Dopa and B6 can help reduce prolactin levels, sure. But again, through mechanisms that are potentially hazardous in your situation.

Basically, if it is OTC it won't work or, if it works, it will be powerful enough to potentially interact negatively with your prescriptions.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SNS Inhibit p is a good place to start. Do not use any pharmacy prolactin drugs. I’ve crashed my prolactin on caber after taking 0.25 twice a week for two weeks and it took me months to get my libido/erection quality back

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS inhibit p.. works very well. With you meds I would talk it over with a Dr.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going in for blood tests next week and I'll find out my prolactin levels the next week. Hopefully they're not too high.

But, just FYI, I take l-dopa, B6, and most of the other supplements mentioned in this thread (not counting the Vitex) and it doesn't seem to be having any positive effect.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going in for blood tests next week and I'll find out my prolactin levels the next week. Hopefully they're not too high.

But, just FYI, I take l-dopa, B6, and most of the other supplements mentioned in this thread (not counting the Vitex) and it doesn't seem to be having any positive effect.
Did the b6 end up lowering your prolactin

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did the b6 end up lowering your prolactin
He's banned so he can't answer you.

I use Inhibit-P myself which is B6 (P5P), Mucuna, and Vitex and it works great for me.

Inhibit-P is very popular and has been for many years and is commonly used by people on cycle, in PCT, and as part of HRT regimens for Prolactin control.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
He's banned so he can't answer you.

I use Inhibit-P myself which is B6 (P5P), Mucuna, and Vitex and it works great for me.

Inhibit-P is very popular and has been for many years and is commonly used by people on cycle, in PCT, and as part of HRT regimens for Prolactin control.
Hope youre right. yikes dont want to have any neurological or nerve issues

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hope youre right. yikes dont want to have any neurological or nerve issues
I'm not sure what you mean by you hope I'm right?
- Is he banned? Yes. You can click on his screen name and it will show you the profile is gone.
- Do I take Inhibit-P daily as part of my daily use supplement regimen? Yes, every day.
- Is Inhibit-P a popular product that is used by a lot of people for on cycle, PCT, and HRT use? Yes, for many years. And in addition, its used by many people for general prolactin control purposes and also for improved well-being/decreased moodiness and improved libido.

I'm not sure if you're addressing Vitamin B6 or Mucuna Pruriens in terms of possible neurological issues so I'll answer you on both.

Vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 is included in B100 complexes at 100 mg. and is commonly sold in 100 mg. capsules; and is dosed that way by some of the most cautious and conservative companies on the market like NOW Foods for example.

As many people here know, I have both an endocrinology and autoimmune disorder and have to have frequent bloodwork done because of this. My Vitamin B6 levels are one the levels that is checked frequently and I've never once had my vitamin B6 levels be too high.

Mucuna Pruriens:
Mucuna Pruriens dosages vary wildly by product, with some products like certain sleep products being extremely high.

Inhibit-P contains 150 mg. Mucuna Pruriens (60%) per capsule x 2 capsules per day; so the daily total is 180 mg. active; which is not at all too high.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm not sure what you mean by you hope I'm right?
- Is he banned? Yes. You can click on his screen name and it will show you the profile is gone.
- Do I take Inhibit-P daily as part of my daily use supplement regimen? Yes, every day.
- Is Inhibit-P a popular product that is used by a lot of people for on cycle, PCT, and HRT use? Yes, for many years. And in addition, its used by many people for general prolactin control purposes and also for improved well-being/decreased moodiness and improved libido.

I'm not sure if you're addressing Vitamin B6 or Mucuna Pruriens in terms of possible neurological issues so I'll answer you on both.

Vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 is included in B100 complexes at 100 mg. and is commonly sold in 100 mg. capsules; and is dosed that way by some of the most cautious and conservative companies on the market like NOW Foods for example.

As many people here know, I have both an endocrinology and autoimmune disorder and have to have frequent bloodwork done because of this. My Vitamin B6 levels are one the levels that is checked frequently and I've never once had my vitamin B6 levels be too high.

Mucuna Pruriens:
Mucuna Pruriens dosages vary wildly by product, with some products like certain sleep products being extremely high.

Inhibit-P contains 150 mg. Mucuna Pruriens (60%) per capsule x 2 capsules per day; so the daily total is 180 mg. active; which is not at all too high.
Im currently taking 98% 250 mg daily

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im currently taking 98% 250 mg daily
I'm not sure what you're asking me - my main purpose of replying here was to let you know that the OP is banned so he wouldn't be answering your question and to share my personal experiences with Inhibit-P.

If you'd like, pm me anything you'd like and I'll be glad to help you.

If you're asking if I think that 250 mg. at 98% is too much, probably not because I get Mucuna myself from both Inhibit-P and M-Test, both of which I use daily.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin E is another I don't think has been mentioned yet.