Anabolic66 Log

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2nd Leg-Day this week, this time high-rep stuff.

Legs (40 sets)
Leg-Ext - 10 sets
Superset:
Smith Squats with leg-curls - 10 sets ea. (20)
Rotary Calf - 10 sets

Misc
Seated D-Bell Curls - 3 sets

Legs were wobbly on the way out, a different kind of session for me.
That's a lot of sets, kudos

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Took CEL Super Swole this AM, amazing product. Too bad for the discontinuation (Glycerpump) I have no doubt the new version will also be great. Re-wrote my routine a bit, went back to 4 sets over 5, I was having trouble keeping track (Durr).
"Am I on set 4 or 5"?? it doesn't matter greatly, I just like 4's... Same volume in the end... (Almost)

Back

Deadlift - 4 sets - (Planned, but bailed after 3 when I encountered a twinge of pain, trying to be smarter in my older age and not just 'push thru it'. Better warmup next time)...
ISO-Rows - 4 sets
Pull-downs to front - 4 sets
Pull-downs to rear (behind neck) - 4 sets
Pullups - 4 sets
Seated cable-rows - 4 sets
Reverse hyper / D-bell curl S.S. - 4 sets

Started on Pepti-Plex and Anabolic XT (along w/ my enclomiphine).
Feeling very good since stopping the TRT...

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest / Press / Accessories

Smith
Close-Grip Bench - 4 sets
JM Press - 4 sets
Incline Press - 4 sets
Nose-Breakers - 4 sets
----
Chest Dips - 4 sets
D-Bell Bench - 4 sets
Rear Delts (machine) - 4 sets
Cable-Crushers - 4 sets

Zero pec pain today. Will avoid barbell benching for a month and re-evaluate...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Smith
Close-Grip Bench - 4 sets
JM Press - 4 sets
Incline Press - 4 sets
Nose-Breakers - 4 sets
----
Chest Dips - 4 sets
D-Bell Bench - 4 sets
Rear Delts (machine) - 4 sets
Cable-Crushers - 4 sets

Zero pec pain today. Will avoid barbell benching for a month and re-evaluate...
that's great dude, hopefully things heal up and you're able to get back to full ROM bench. zero pain though, talk about a life saver.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When u mentioned br
Dodged a bullet for sure... Minor injury...
Bruising/discoloration that shows after a pain/ sensation is the worst. I heard my tricep go and the thought of it wigs me out. My wife was spotting me when it happened. She says the sound still haunts her. Lol

Awesome that you didn’t miss time and got to press on(no pun).

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Delts

Smith BNP - 4 sets
Smith Front Press - 4 sets
Arnold Press - 4 sets
Machine Press - 4 sets
Side Laterals (machine) - 4 sets
Rear Delt Raise - 4 sets
Side Laterals (d-bells) - 4 sets
Slant board abs - 4 sets
10 mins of stretching (hams, hips, back)

Post meal - ziti w/ turkey meatballs

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When I used to go into the office, others thought I was odd eating this stuff at 7:30 AM.
(While of course they were drinking / eating coffee, donuts, and smoking Cig's_.. :unsure:
Drives me nuts at are office. Once a week sometimes 2 they will bring a huge ass box of donuts, they are always so bothered that I don’t eat them.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Drives me nuts at are office. Once a week sometimes 2 they will bring a huge ass box of donuts, they are always so bothered that I don’t eat them.
I get that also. We garage from home so we have a monthly face to face and my boss acts put out if I dont eat a donut or eclair. I politely pass but get “fit shamed” I guess. Omg, im having a “me too” moment lmao.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Arms

JM Press - 4 sets
Barbell Skull Crushers - 4 sets
Dips - 4 sets
Cable-Crushers - 4 sets
---
Preacher Curls - 4 sets
Seated D-Bell Curls - 4 sets
Hammer Preachers - 4 sets
Reverse Curls (cable) - 4 sets

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I used to go into the office, others thought I was odd eating this stuff at 7:30 AM.
(While of course they were drinking / eating coffee, donuts, and smoking Cig's_.. :unsure:
LOL I get those comments all the time at this point.
"did you try those cinnamon rolls my sister made? I didn't think so, you never eat food like that" LOL
or on a biz lunch I order some salad thing and even my customer says "I knew thats what you were going to order" lol.

I mean I always ask for extra meat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re not a “team player”

They aren’t gonna be at your funeral, so don’t feel bad putting that party off at their expense.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Light / high-rep leg day

Leg Curls - 8 sets
Leg Press - 8 sets
Leg Ext's - 8 sets
Rotary Calf - 8 sets

Abs
Stretch, some Misc stuff, etc...

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Went better than last week when I had to bail on DL's.
Felt good this AM...

Back

Deadlift - 4 sets (after warmups) - up to 425 x 2
Pullovers (machine) - 4 sets
Lat Pulls (front) - 4 sets
Lat Pulls (rear) - 4 sets
Seated Rows (machine) - 4 sets
Hammer Strength Pulldowns - 4 sets
Shrugs - 4 sets
Reverse Hypers - 4 sets

Cardio = 1 hour of shoveling and snow blowing :unsure:

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Went better than last week when I had to bail on DL's.
Felt good this AM...

Back

Deadlift - 4 sets (after warmups) - up to 425 x 2
Pullovers (machine) - 4 sets
Lat Pulls (front) - 4 sets
Lat Pulls (rear) - 4 sets
Seated Rows (machine) - 4 sets
Hammer Strength Pulldowns - 4 sets
Shrugs - 4 sets
Reverse Hypers - 4 sets

Cardio = 1 hour of shoveling and snow blowing :unsure:
Nice that the deads were better this week.
I did the same cardio. I did split sessions though! Shoveled at 9 last night and at 7:45 this morning I get the “Um can you give me a ride to work? My shift starts at 8:30” from my daughter. Needed the snowblower for the pile at the end of the driveway.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice that the deads were better this week.
I did the same cardio. I did split sessions though! Shoveled at 9 last night and at 7:45 this morning I get the “Um can you give me a ride to work? My shift starts at 8:30” from my daughter. Needed the snowblower for the pile at the end of the driveway.
Yup, end of the driveway was a slushy/heavy mess. Clogged my snow-blower.
Me, my wife and my oldest, all work from home, so we're good there.
My youngest works at the high-school in Merrimac NH, they told her she doesn't need to come in.
(School is limited this week anyways for testing week I guess). Only one who had to go in was Ben (my daughters fiancé who also lives w/ us). He has a 10 min drive to work, so easy / peasy...

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yup, end of the driveway was a slushy/heavy mess. Clogged my snow-blower.
Me, my wife and my oldest, all work from home, so we're good there.
My youngest works at the high-school in Merrimac NH, they told her she doesn't need to come in.
(School is limited this week anyways for testing week I guess). Only one who had to go in was Ben (my daughters fiancé who also lives w/ us). He has a 10 min drive to work, so easy / peasy...
Squats sucked just now from shoveling. I already had the lower back “burn” going but squats were the icing on the cake! I’m going light but ass to grass.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ignored my own "advices" this AM, benched (barbell, but pain free at least).
I think Im good now. Last week trying it twice probably wasn't smart...

Bench - 4 sets (up to 300 lbs)
Close Grips - 4 sets
JM Press - 4 sets
Inclines - 4 sets
D-Bell Bench - 4 sets
Machine Press - 4 sets
Hammer Declines - 4 sets
Cable-Crushers - 4 sets

Post - Pork chop, cup of rice...

Back down to 6.25 mg of enclomiphine (daily). I think I'll stick w/ this dose.
Feeling good... (Physical and bloods in 6 weeks). My main concern will be PSA.
Always in range, but went up a bit on TRT and got some minor BPH.
Doing better since dropping TRT...

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Delts / Misc

Smith BNP - 4 sets
Arnold Press - 4 sets
Rear Delt Raise - 4 sets
Side Laterals - 4 sets
Smith-Shrugs - 4 sets
Machine Press - 4 sets
Reverse Hypers - 4 sets

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Arm Day

Barbell Nose-Breakers - 4 sets
EZ-Bar Skull-Crushers - 4 sets
Cable-Crushers - 4 sets
Dips - 4 sets
------------
Preacher Curls - 4 sets
Hammer-Grip Preachers - 4 sets
IronMind Gripper (Trainer) - 4 sets

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Arm Day

Barbell Nose-Breakers - 4 sets
EZ-Bar Skull-Crushers - 4 sets
Cable-Crushers - 4 sets
Dips - 4 sets
------------
Preacher Curls - 4 sets
Hammer-Grip Preachers - 4 sets
IronMind Gripper (Trainer) - 4 sets
What differentiates from nose breaker vs skull crusher? Do u bring elbows down and toward chest vs keeping upper arm perpendicular to your body?

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What differentiates from nose breaker vs skull crusher? Do u bring elbows down and toward chest vs keeping upper arm perpendicular to your body?
Honestly very similar. Nose-breakers = straight bar to the nose, back up, Skull crushers, I just use EZ-Bar and go to top of head and back up. I just like doing those kinds of movements for Tri's.

And you are right, the arms are a bit more tucked, toward chest. With skulls, they kind of flare out slightly...
Just a variation..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Honestly very similar. Nose-breakers = straight bar to the nose, back up, Skull crushers, I just use EZ-Bar and go to top of head and back up. I just like doing those kinds of movements for Tri's.

And you are right, the arms are a bit more tucked, toward chest. With skulls, they kind of flare out slightly...
Just a variation..
Tri extensions are one of those things that you want to be doing most of the time generally, but you want to keep it interesting. Like putting different sauces on chicken.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tri extensions are one of those things that you want to be doing most of the time generally, but you want to keep it interesting. Like putting different sauces on chicken.
On Mondays, I do them laying down w head at edge of bench and lower EZ bar behind head, below parallel w bench, nice stretch. On Thursdays, I do them standing w back against 90 degree bench. I keep the elbows in but let them come forward and have bar touch base of neck. I feel this more in my elbow where the tri tore. I go prob 10lbs lighter on these than the lying ones.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Delts

Smith BNP - 4 sets
Arnold Press - 4 sets
Machine Press - 4 sets
Rear Delt Raise - 4 sets
D-Bell Shrugs - 4 sets
Ab Board - 4 sets

Post food - Oatmeal w/ banana and cinnamon
Rice cake with (fake) Natural Skippy

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Delts

Smith BNP - 4 sets
Arnold Press - 4 sets
Machine Press - 4 sets
Rear Delt Raise - 4 sets
D-Bell Shrugs - 4 sets
Ab Board - 4 sets

Post food - Oatmeal w/ banana and cinnamon
Rice cake with (fake) Natural Skippy
FAKE Natural Skippy. Nothing like the Teddie All Natural that you have to store upside down and then bring to the paint can shaker at Home Depot just to mix it. 🤣

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back (In the home gym)

Deadlift - 4 sets (up to 435 x 1)
Lat Pulls (to front) - 4 sets
T-Bar Rows - 4 sets
Lat Pulls (to back) - 4 sets
D-Bell Rows - 4 sets
Band Pullups - 4 sets
Reverse Hypers - 4 sets
Ab Crunch - 4 sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I need to get back to doing some reverse hypers. For one reason or another I haven’t gotten them in lately, but everything seems to progress a tad faster when I am driving them consistently.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I need to get back to doing some reverse hypers. For one reason or another I haven’t gotten them in lately, but everything seems to progress a tad faster when I am driving them consistently.
Im lucky to have one both in my home gym, and the commercial gym I go to.
I need to be careful w/ them though and go very light. My back, hams and everything is so tight from sitting for work for decades. I'm trying to work on flexibility, stretching. Last year I was all tight, loaded the Rev-Hyp sort of heavy and it over stretched me in the downward direction, pulling my back muscles badly. I was in bed for a week, couldnt walk at all for a few days, had to use crutches to get to bathroom, etc. It was a bad pull. In 45 yrs of training, only the last 2 years Ive been injuring myself.

Usually dehydration and tight-muscle related. (And maybe age, sitting, etc)... Ive been doing them now each day, only with a 25 on it, and the light weight is starting to open me up a bit and feeling better...

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest/Pressing

Bench - 4 sets (healed)
Close Grips - 4 sets
JM Press - 4 sets
Nose Breakers (barbell) - 4 sets
Skull Crushers (EZ-bar) - 4 sets
Smith Incline - 4 sets
D-Bell Press from Chest (palms facing, bells touching) - 4 sets (unsure what these are called)
Dips - 4 sets

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
“The Back Mechanic” by Dr Stuart McGill is hands down the most valuable book in my collection. Those movements have been a lifesaver and recovery/prehab beast! Highly recommend.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
“The Back Mechanic” by Dr Stuart McGill is hands down the most valuable book in my collection. Those movements have been a lifesaver and recovery/prehab beast! Highly recommend.
I feel like learning good back work is like taking some parts of life into your own hands, its very freeing and rewarding. I agree with you in regards to being a lifesaver. I haven't read that book but over the years via trial and error have learned some life hacks to help me for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure who that is... (OK, looked him up, I do recognize the name from Powerlifter Brian Carrol mentioning it) He did a book with him...
This book helped me rebuild my back twice now over the years, both times coming back to squat more than ever post-rehab. McGill saved my lifting life.

I will say that when this book was written, Stu’s content was of the opinion that, largely, the spine should only be loaded in a totally neutral position. I can say this is absolutely true in the period after the unloading phase/true rehab, BUT eventually it is ideal to strengthen and condition the spine in flexion & extension as the next level of progress if eventually possible. Especially if pushing the weights higher is the longterm goal.

So initially, zero spinal compression/loading and total emphasis on strengthening bracing. Then slowly return to very light loading along with a serious emphasis on the bracing work. Finally, as the weights get more serious over time there, beginning unloaded things like empty reverse hypers & Jefferson curls, etc. From there, progress loading on those as viable slowly to infinity to increase tolerance against injury when you inevitably move outside a neutral brace under load.