Alternative to cell tech's insulin spiking properties?

BigJack87

Awards
When I was taking cell tech I definitly noticed an increase in strength, and in turn some size. Cell tech is high in sugar (like 75g per serving. I only took half a serving.) which, from what I understand, spikes your insulin, thus making the creatine more effective.

So my question is, if you mixed in alot of sugar (in the form of ice cream for example) in your protein shake would it have the same effect, making the protein more effective?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yes, carbs help your body utilize the protein. i shoot for 100g of carbs pre and post workout, which is probably overkill :)

pre workout, the slower the better, post workout the faster the better.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I was taking cell tech I definitly noticed an increase in strength, and in turn some size. Cell tech is high in sugar (like 75g per serving. I only took half a serving.) which, from what I understand, spikes your insulin, thus making the creatine more effective.

So my question is, if you mixed in alot of sugar (in the form of ice cream for example) in your protein shake would it have the same effect, making the protein more effective?
Dude look into supplements like Alpha lipoic acid!!!!! Much more effective and safer to the body than pounding ice cream..... Do some homework...Oye

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude look into supplements like Alpha lipoic acid!!!!! Much more effective and safer to the body than pounding ice cream..... Do some homework...Oye
. . . your pancreas will appreciate the effort :bandit:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I would say enhancing the way your body utilizes glucose is a much better way of doing things that downing mass quantities of sugar. Things like banaba, gymnema sylvestre, and d-pinitol help with that and increase glucose uptake in muscle tissue. Look into Neovar: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/applied-nutriceuticals/neovar-240-caps-750-mg.html

If you read the description there you'll see what I'm talking about. Sure, it's a bit on the long side, but it really explains how and why Neovar works so well, why people not only notice enhanced muscle fullness and pumps but also increased fat loss.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
ALA, banaba leaf, cnidium monnieri, vanadium, ginseng
carbs