Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's like saying steak vs. Apples, are apples worth it for the vitamins and carbs, well I guess because there isint really much vitamins or carbs in steak.

Pick the right tool for the job.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is GlucoVantage worth the extra money in terms of GDA aspect?
yes totally worth it if you are looking for GDA product.

Agmatine alone has shown in studies to improve glucose & insulin sensitivity but if i had to pick a product solely for GDA i would def go with cinnamon bark & dihydroberberine product.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't see the comparison here?
I was confused as well, by comparing Agmatine vs Dihydroberberine.

However, I am very interested in learning more about Berberine/Dihydroberberine.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

However, I am very interested in learning more about Berberine/Dihydroberberine.
Write is pretty awesome on it

• GlucoVantage® Versus Standard Berberine
    • 20x greater area under the curve (AUC)
    • 5x more bioavailable / absorbable
    • 2x longer-lasting (8 hours vs. 4 hours)

• Improves insuline sensitivity and carbohydrate tolerance, supporting healthy blood glucose levels

• Supports body composition via AMPK, preferentially driving carbohydrates to muscle rather than fat

• Supports anti aging by reducing glycation end-products correlated with biological aging

• Increases plasma BHB (ketones) making it ketogenic friendly
SNS write up - https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/sns-glucovantage-xt-advanced-form-of-berberine-dihydroberberine-now-available.330560/

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Agmatine is a good component in a GDA. People associate it with being for pumps, which it is, but Agmatine also has GDA, nootropic, and neuroprotective qualities that often get overlooked.

But it in general is more of a part of a GDA, whereas GlucoVantage XT can be used with a GDA, but has different benefits.

GlucoVantage XT is great for blood sugar control, fat loss, and has a lot of anti-aging/longevity properties.

Here is a link to the GlucoVantage XT write up:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GlucoVantage and Agmatine work completely differently, so there's no way to really compare the two - other than to say that Agmatine is a great ingredient as part of an overall GDA, whereas GlucoVantage XT is great for blood sugar control as well as fat loss, general health, and anti-aging and longevity benefits.

We get a lot of people that ask - which is better between GlucoVantage XT and GlycoPhase (which contains Agmatine) - so I understand where the question came from, and a lot of it is caused by companies mis-marketing products &/or not even understanding their own products and ingredients, by marketing blood sugar control products as GDA's.

When we get asked which is better between GlucoVantage XT and GlycoPhase, here is the way I explain it:

GlycoPhase:
GlycoPhase is a true GDA, as in what a GDA should be. A lot of products on the market now days are blood sugar control products that are marketed as GDA's for sales pitches, but aren't actually a GDA. A real GDA like GlycoPhase is meant to make your carbs work for you, not against you. If one thinks of natural test boosters as the natural equivalent of testosterone injections, one would similarly think of a GDA as a natural equivalent to insulin, which is commonly used to help build muscle and lose fat thru carbohydrate manipulation.

GlucoVantage XT:
GlucoVantage is 5x as strong as Berberine and has a better half life; so 300 mg. per day of GlucoVantage XT is like taking 1500 mg. or more of Berberine. And Berberine in general works more along the lines of Metformin.

GlucoVantage XT is great for anti-aging, longevity, and blood sugar control properties. It helps with insulin sensitivity, etc. It is useful whether you are trying to lose fat or build muscle, whether you're low carb or high carb or moderate carb, and gives you many of the benefits that one would hope to achieve health wise through eating a diet low in sugar, losing fat, etc.

GlucoVantage XT is a good option for a daily use general health supplement, and berberine is extremely popular in the anti-aging and longevity communities as a natural alternative to berberine.

Can they be used together?
Absolutely. This is where I think a lot of people get confused - they aren't an either or thing.

Personal Use Example:
I've used GlucoVantage XT since I started cleaning my diet up in Feb. and will continue to use it daily as a general health supplement (plus I'm still trying to lean down). But even if my goals change, I will still continue to use it daily because of its benefits with helping improve insulin sensitivity, helping stay leaner, and helping with blood sugar, etc.

I was able to start back training last week, and I've been upping my quality carbs. We are out of GlycoPhase, but I like it enough that I actually just bought a bottle back from a retailer myself so I can start using it as I'm now still trying to get leaner and also trying to build back muscle too. I will use it 2 caps twice per day before meals with at least 40 carbs each.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agmatine is a good component in a GDA. People associate it with being for pumps, which it is, but Agmatine also has GDA, nootropic, and neuroprotective qualities that often get overlooked.
Well, I am (or was, until now) part of the group that overlooked agmatine as anything other than a vasodilator. Thank you!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, I am (or was, until now) part of the group that overlooked agmatine as anything other than a vasodilator. Thank you!
You're very welcome.

Agmatine is one of those ingredients that got stereotyped a certain way and mainstream brands never tried too hard to use it in other things because it requires a higher dosing (more capsule space), isn't as cheap as some other ingredients that are mainstream promoted, etc.

It actually has some great studies on depression and neuroprotective benefits, and depression related to neurological issues.

Also, it can be used to help wean people off of opioids and alcohol - but has to be done very specifically, and brands aren't allowed to say or discuss that in sales information. (I can answer questions privately on that for anyone that needs help).

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You're very welcome.

Agmatine is one of those ingredients that got stereotyped a certain way and mainstream brands never tried too hard to use it in other things because it requires a higher dosing (more capsule space), isn't as cheap as some other ingredients that are mainstream promoted, etc.

It actually has some great studies on depression and neuroprotective benefits, and depression related to neurological issues.

Also, it can be used to help wean people off of opioids and alcohol - but has to be done very specifically, and brands aren't allowed to say or discuss that in sales information. (I can answer questions privately on that for anyone that needs help).
Ya I am honestly surprised (well not really) that companies dove so hard into just pushing it for pumps. I always used it for its wealth of benefits with pump being like a cool side benefit. :unsure:

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
This study peaked my interest for a safe option for pain. The dose used in the study is 2.67 grams over a period of 5 years. I grab Agmatine XT powder for this reason and play around with dosages. I take berberine with Silymarin as it allegedly enhances absorption. Im about 15 days from finishing up my current supply and will pick up glucovantage. Great thread

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You're very welcome.

That's awesome. I was not aware of most of this. 👍

Also,happy belated father's day to you sir!

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ve never really used a GDA. Is it more useful in a bulk or cut? Would you use it daily or just preworkout? My thinking is that it would be beneficial preworkout with a carb meal and most useful in a cut…

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also think simply the relationship to arginine is why it’s marketed for pumps. Easy for both customers and suppliers to understand that connection.

I like agmatine at 500 mg a day, particularly in the afternoon. I’ve noticed taking a low dose (400-700mg) for a while gives me a better disposition about life and less overall stress. I do notice one negative though- Too much in the morning can make me irritable at night though. Very strange.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never really used a GDA. Is it more useful in a bulk or cut? Would you use it daily or just preworkout? My thinking is that it would be beneficial preworkout with a carb meal and most useful in a cut…
GDA's are beneficial for all goals (bulk, cut, recomp, general health etc).
During a bulk they help by reducing the amount of fat gain, improving insulin sensitivity and put the excess carbs into muscle glycogen stores instead of fat cells.
During a cut they help to lean you out by "starving" fat cells, reduce blood sugar levels and help to keep your muscles full by, again, shuttling carbs into muscles rather than fat.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The big issue with a lot of products that are marketed as GDA's is that they aren't real GDA's, they're blood sugar support products that are called GDA's just to capitalize on the marketing term, but it creates a lot of consumer confusion - because real GDA's are quite different than blood sugar control products.

For a product like GlycoPhase, think of it as helping make your carbs work for you, not against you.

That makes GlycoPhase be useful for pretty much any protocol and why a lot of people use it year round - because its really helping you optimize the benefits you are receiving from your carbs and other nutrients.

GlycoPhase can be great for bulking, lean bulking, cutting, and recomp regimens.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's awesome. I was not aware of most of this. 👍

Also,happy belated father's day to you sir!
Thank you so much. I actually meant to send you a message that day, but by time day calmed down, it was after 9pm and I didn't want to message you that late.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wanted to post a couple links for reading reference and so that people reading know what products or types of products that we are talking about in the thread.

GlycoPhase (GDA):

GlucoVantage XT:

Agmatine XT Caps:

Agmatine XT Powder:

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have heard folks say that you can combine glycophase and glucovantage, but what is the benefit to doing so? If the version of berberine in glucovantage is o far superior to regular berberine what is the advantage of combining the two?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have heard folks say that you can combine glycophase and glucovantage, but what is the benefit to doing so? If the version of berberine in glucovantage is o far superior to regular berberine what is the advantage of combining the two?
While probably overkill to take both of them at the same time... I've used 2-4 caps of GlycoPhase before a big carb meal and then a cap of GlucoVantage a few hours later before smaller meals at night.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The same reason people may take higher dosages of regular berberine (like up to 1500mg). Different individuals have differing needs and goals with how much blood sugar regulation they may want/need.

Glucovantage XT contains 100mg dihydroberberine per cap and may be taken up to 3 caps per day. So instead of 3 caps per day some may also want the potential differing benefits of Glycophase with their benefits of Glucovantage so may take one serving of each at different times per day (or some combination of dosages of each throughout the day).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
While probably overkill to take both of them at the same time... I've used 2-4 caps of GlycoPhase before a big carb meal and then a cap of GlucoVantage a few hours later before smaller meals at night.
I don't think its overkill at all to use them both together. I think it makes great sense to do it the way that you mentioned you do.

For me, GlucoVantage XT is to help keep blood sugar levels consistent and get the health related benefits of high dose berberine, whereas GlycoPhase is to be used with my 2 highest carb meals of the day.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had broke down a more in depth reasoning in a previous post in this thread where I explained the differences and what each is used for.

GlycoPhase contains berberine, but there is a lot more to it than just berberine; and it is designed for a different purpose. GlycoPhase is a true GDA, which would be used with moderate to high carb meals, in order to help your carbs work for you.

GlucoVantage XT is a superior form of Berberine (plus Cinnamon), which is used for blood sugar control, as well as for anti-aging, longevity, and many overall health benefits.

A lot of people cannot take high dose berberine because it upsets their stomach - with GlucoVantage XT having 5x better absorption than regular berberine, 3 capsules per day is like taking 1500 mg. of regular berberine.

So, if taking GlycoPhase, which has 500 mg. of regular berberine, then one would simply make the adjustment to 2 GlucoVantage XT per day; and that would be the benefits of GlycoPhase + the benefits of high dose berberine from GlucoVantage XT, in a stomach friendly dose with a better half life.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I right in thinking that daily usage of GlucoVantage XT could lower HB1AC levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Am I right in thinking that daily usage of GlucoVantage XT could lower HB1AC levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes?
Yes, you are thinking correctly on that.

It's an awesome product and good for so many health and longevity benefits.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, you are thinking correctly on that.

It's an awesome product and good for so many health and longevity benefits.
I have two bottles of GlucoVantage XT on their way to me now. Glycophase is a staple, but thought I'd give this new one a try.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have two bottles of GlucoVantage XT on their way to me now. Glycophase is a staple, but thought I'd give this new one a try.
They are a great stack. I'll be adding GlycoPhase back in myself soon. GlucoVantage XT is definitely a daily staple for me.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is an invaluable thread, the kind of stuff I love about our community

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For anybody reading this whilst trying to decide whether or not to get GlucoVantage XT... This stuff is no joke, it might be a little too strong.
I've used loads of GDA's/NP's in the past, this tanks blood sugar better than OG recompadrol, C&P Predator and even SNS's own GlycoPhase.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For anybody reading this whilst trying to decide whether or not to get GlucoVantage XT... This stuff is no joke, it might be a little too strong.
I've used loads of GDA's/NP's in the past, this tanks blood sugar better than OG recompadrol, C&P Predator and even SNS's own GlycoPhase.
great feedback man, thanks

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just came across this thread. Lots of useful info. Was this actual BG readings with a monitor or just an opinion?

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just came across this thread. Lots of useful info. Was this actual BG readings with a monitor or just an opinion?
GlucoVantage XT and GlycoPhase are both excellent for GDA. I am using both along with MitoBurn and Pepti-Plex

The gda’s are real. I popped 1 serving of the GlycoPhase last night, cooked my protien and forgot to hit the start button on the air fryer for my sweet potato puffs. The 30 min lead time b4 eating is legit. I waited for my puffs to be cooked b4 eating which put me about 45 min after taking the GlycoPhase. I could feel it! Blood sugar was lowered.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All tested with/against a blood glucose monitor and keeping as many of the variables (meals, pre-levels etc) as close to the same as possible. To get the most accurate readings/results

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Write is pretty awesome on it

• GlucoVantage® Versus Standard Berberine
    • 20x greater area under the curve (AUC)
    • 5x more bioavailable / absorbable
    • 2x longer-lasting (8 hours vs. 4 hours)

• Improves insuline sensitivity and carbohydrate tolerance, supporting healthy blood glucose levels

• Supports body composition via AMPK, preferentially driving carbohydrates to muscle rather than fat

• Supports anti aging by reducing glycation end-products correlated with biological aging

• Increases plasma BHB (ketones) making it ketogenic friendly
SNS write up - https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/sns-glucovantage-xt-advanced-form-of-berberine-dihydroberberine-now-available.330560/
Does everyone want to be in ketosis though that’s the question we have to ask. I don’t think everybody wants to be in ketosis.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does everyone want to be in ketosis though that’s the question we have to ask. I don’t think everybody wants to be in ketosis.
The post you quoted was:

GlucoVantage® Versus Standard Berberine
20x greater area under the curve (AUC)
5x more bioavailable / absorbable
2x longer-lasting (8 hours vs. 4 hours)

Improves insuline sensitivity and carbohydrate tolerance, supporting healthy blood glucose levels

Supports body composition via AMPK, preferentially driving carbohydrates to muscle rather than fat

Supports anti aging by reducing glycation end-products correlated with biological aging

Increases plasma BHB (ketones) making it ketogenic friendly

^^^^ nowhere in there did he say that it puts you in ketosis.

It literally says that it helps improve carbohydrate tolerance and in another sport the it helps drive carbohydrates into the muscle rather than fat - if someone is wanting to be in ketosis they are likely not taking in carbs to begin with.

The last sentence he wrote about it increasing plasma BHB (ketones) making it ketogenic friendly is not saying it puts you in ketosis, its saying that it is keto friendly, as in it can have good benefits for people that are in ketosis.

GlucoVantage is versatile and can be used by people that are lean bulking, during recomp, or trying to lose fat - and can also be used by general health consumers that are simply looking for the overall health benefits from it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The post you quoted was:

GlucoVantage® Versus Standard Berberine
20x greater area under the curve (AUC)
5x more bioavailable / absorbable
2x longer-lasting (8 hours vs. 4 hours)

Improves insuline sensitivity and carbohydrate tolerance, supporting healthy blood glucose levels

Supports body composition via AMPK, preferentially driving carbohydrates to muscle rather than fat

Supports anti aging by reducing glycation end-products correlated with biological aging

Increases plasma BHB (ketones) making it ketogenic friendly

^^^^ nowhere in there did he say that it puts you in ketosis.

It literally says that it helps improve carbohydrate tolerance and in another sport the it helps drive carbohydrates into the muscle rather than fat - if someone is wanting to be in ketosis they are likely not taking in carbs to begin with.

The last sentence he wrote about it increasing plasma BHB (ketones) making it ketogenic friendly is not saying it puts you in ketosis, its saying that it is keto friendly, as in it can have good benefits for people that are in ketosis.

GlucoVantage is versatile and can be used by people that are lean bulking, during recomp, or trying to lose fat - and can also be used by general health consumers that are simply looking for the overall health benefits from it.
What if people don’t want to increase ketones . Then consume it with carbs I’m guessing .

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What if people don’t want to increase ketones . Then consume it with carbs I’m guessing .
GlucoVantage isn't meant to significantly increase ketones. I think you're misunderstanding the context.

Something increasing plasma ketones and making it be keto friendly means that it is great to use by people that are doing keto and that it isn't going to negatively impact them being in ketosis.

It's a very common question now days that people doing keto will ask if ingredients are keto friendly or not.

There's also a big misconception by some people that think that ingredients like GlucoVantage that help control blood sugar aren't useful for people that are doing keto - and that isn't correct - so NNB is simply addressing that and explaining it to people up front in their ingredient information.

For those not doing keto, its irrelevant.

I hope that makes sense and helps.