Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine timing?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I could never figure out, in all these years, if you can take these compounds with food and still have them work as well.

I keep reading agmatine has to be taken apart from other aminos, especially arginine, but so many companies put the two together in their products.

Is there any consensus? Sometimes, I just like to toss everything in a shake with whey and drink it a few hours before I work out.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think it makes much of a difference, just do what is convenient and cost effective for you. I get a nice increase in vascularity from 2 500mg caps of arginine every 12 hrs. I take it with a scoop of whey when I wake up and at night sometimes on an empty stomach. Either way I notice an increase in veins and vein size in 30 minutes.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think it makes much of a difference, just do what is convenient and cost effective for you. I get a nice increase in vascularity from 2 500mg caps of arginine every 12 hrs. I take it with a scoop of whey when I wake up and at night sometimes on an empty stomach. Either way I notice an increase in veins and vein size in 30 minutes.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah, arginine is highly underrated for body composition and endurance too. I actually don’t notice much an enhanced pump in the gym per say, but see an enhancement to the physique

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I could never figure out, in all these years, if you can take these compounds with food and still have them work as well.

I keep reading agmatine has to be taken apart from other aminos, especially arginine, but so many companies put the two together in their products.

Is there any consensus? Sometimes, I just like to toss everything in a shake with whey and drink it a few hours before I work out.
i really do think people complicate way too much with some basic stuff .. ive read that about agmatine too .. but what your doing is just fine and i actually perefer pre workout 30-45mins.

Arginine i havent taken forever but im sure people love it pre still.

if you wanted full agmatine benefits .. i do pre workout .. and its in my GDA product as well .. some take it before bedtime as well .. but pre workout is still my fav use of citrulline + agmatine

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
i really do think people complicate way too much with some basic stuff .. ive read that about agmatine too .. but what your doing is just fine and i actually perefer pre workout 30-45mins.

Arginine i havent taken forever but im sure people love it pre still.

if you wanted full agmatine benefits .. i do pre workout .. and its in my GDA product as well .. some take it before bedtime as well .. but pre workout is still my fav use of citrulline + agmatine
I agree on the over complicating things. I am guilty of this myself. Probably due to my mild OCD 🤣. I try to get the most out of every supplement and look for synergy, but at the expense of time that could be spent on other things.

I never got much from agmatine preworkout wise. It just doesnt seem to help me with pumps, but where it shines is at bed with CBD. Agmatine has some kind of effect on cannabinoid receptors that I dont understand fully, but I notice when I take 1 gram of it with 30mg-45mg CBD, it just feels way better.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree on the over complicating things. I am guilty of this myself. Probably due to my mild OCD 🤣. I try to get the most out of every supplement and look for synergy, but at the expense of time that could be spent on other things.

I never got much from agmatine preworkout wise. It just doesnt seem to help me with pumps, but where it shines is at bed with CBD. Agmatine has some kind of effect on cannabinoid receptors that I dont understand fully, but I notice when I take 1 gram of it with 30mg-45mg CBD, it just feels way better.
haha i hear ya

yeah i get insane pumps from it and also for sleep, i remember this European journal stated that it stimulates your LH & GH levels ..so i can see why people enjoy it pre bed.