Active Duty Soldiers Speaking Out Against Policy?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
The girl featured in this video is a fellow Company Commander in my Battalion. She's gone on various news sources representing herself as a Soldier and definitely towed the line in critisizing her Commander in Chiefs policies, which is against the uniformed code of military justice.

Honestly though, if she doesn't like it, and wants to stay home with her kid, why doesn't she get out?

YouTube - VoteVets.org on RNN

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvuHpN1nGqE

YouTube - Rose On CNN (Part 2)

YouTube - Priorities - John McCain VoteVets.org Ad

EDIT- She's actually not active duty, she's National Guard....sorry about the title.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
its not like the dubya has a high approval rating. i think most people are against this war.

i remember the higher ups under george SR told him it would be a suicide mission to take baghdad, and here were are in baghdad with record losses.

partly to blame obviously are the cowards who dress up as civilians and bomb us, so we can't decide who is who, and the iraqi government get to accuse us of killing civilians, when none of the insurgents have the balls to put on a uniform.

a big problem with the military, is that most people sign up fully expecting never to see a war - its just a "job" to them. i don't know what her circumstances are, but anyone who joins up shouldn't complain when the government asks them to do the job they're getting paid for. just my opinion.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm against the Iraq war, mainly because I don't give a sh*t about Iraqis and hate seeing stolen money being wasted, I was for assassinating Saddam as far as I can remember, against a lot of things in our foreign policy, etc.......

When I'm enlisted or even after, Am I gonna say any of this sh*t? NO!

I'm signing up mainly to go to combat, because I want to go to war and fight, I could care less why I'm fighting, the Politicians are never gonna fight the wars I think are right, but I can always count on humans to cause wars and that's enough reason for me to go fight.

People sign up for the Military and when sh*t hits the fan they complain? The Military fights wars, if you don't want the slightest possibility of war, you shoulda been a c**k sucking politician or a fluffer(same thing)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I watched the whole first clip, and I didn't feel like she was speaking out against Bush in any way. Not enough time to watch all the rest, sorry lol.

As for the war, I don't agree with it. But once you've made the mistake of getting in there, I think they should withdraw only when it will leave a stable country behind; leaving a war-ravaged nation is two wrongs.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Why hasn't your battalion commander done anything? You should complain to somebody in your unit. This is not legal under UCMJ.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Why hasn't your battalion commander done anything? You should complain to somebody in your unit. This is not legal under UCMJ.
I think he's passed it up to JAG to find out what his options are. I'm going to try and see what I can find out at drill next week. I just found out about this today through the S1 who is a friend of mine.

What's disturbing is she has 60 Soldiers under her who she's supposed to be training to go to Iraq. Hopefully she gets relieved of command for this.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Well I watched the whole first clip, and I didn't feel like she was speaking out against Bush in any way. Not enough time to watch all the rest, sorry lol.

As for the war, I don't agree with it. But once you've made the mistake of getting in there, I think they should withdraw only when it will leave a stable country behind; leaving a war-ravaged nation is two wrongs.
One of the clips she complains that McCain wants a continuation of Bush's failed War strategies. Whether or not Bush's war strategies failed or not, as a service member she should not say that to the media. She can be misinterpreted to be speaking for the army or the national guard.

The standard operating procedure for talking to the media is to coordinate through the public affairs office, which was never done.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I'm signing up mainly to go to combat, because I want to go to war and fight, I could care less why I'm fighting, the Politicians are never gonna fight the wars I think are right, but I can always count on humans to cause wars and that's enough reason for me to go fight.

Should I slow-mun? Or should I just leave this one alone?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I think people lose sight of the fact that Soldiers are professional warriors. Their job is to fight and win wars. Whether or not they go to war is on politicians, not Soldiers.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strippers strip, Doctors heal and Soldiers FIGHT.

Is it wrong to want to do my job?

So what if my motives are different? I think going for training and college benefits are LOUSY reasons, I think going for job security is a LOUSY reason, sh*t, I think going for ANYTHING other than wanting to FIGHT is a LOUSY reason.

I KNOW that these wars are influenced by profits too, not just our society's best interest, let's not beat around the bush here. I'm signing up to do my job and fight with like minded individuals, even my friend in 75th Rangers(not anymore) shared my same ideas, he said going to some of these conflicts for BS reasons....I'm glad he spared me the "for the greater good BS" some conflicts are, but most are politically and corporately influenced.

I agree. I think people lose sight of the fact that Soldiers are professional warriors. Their job is to fight and win wars. Whether or not they go to war is on politicians, not Soldiers.
I agree with every word you said!

We have a WINNER! :clap2:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't believe in that unless there's a draft and it's basically a retarded suicide war.

No one forced ANYONE to sign up for the Military, they signed up with their own free will and knew or had the responsibility to know, that there might be a war and even more, they might be a war they do not agree with.

Nurse: Doctor someone just came in the ER....they need you!

Doc: What? I actually gotta do my job? that I took with my own free will? this is BS! I never signed up to actually do my job......

:toofunny:

:rolleyes:

EDIT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RobInKuwait again.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
my only beef with the military is the stop loss policy.

a little history here. i signed on jan 28 1995. from that date till 8 years has passed, the military can call me up. i went to basic in july 1995. served till july 1999. on jan 12, 2003 the first black hawk helicopter got shot down in iraq. that was the day they stop lossed me until 2036. isn't that a little bit excessive? i mean, i served, spent time in bosnia, now they can call me back in 2036 when i'm 55 years old? maybe my spec 4P rank will make me an E5 from my excessive age in service...

i despise people that are in service complaining about war. a soldier that doesn't want to fight, is a lackluster twerp who picked the wrong career field. they should loose the right to breed. but people who have served, finished their time, and are FORCED to go back is a little extreme. just my opinion here.

i also think its a disservice to our troops on the ground. if you're in a combat situation, you don't want some mopey bastard all depressed hanging around wondering if he really should fire that gun. our troops need the best protection, the best battle buddies, and more soldiers ready to do the job they signed up for. our soldiers deserve the best of everything, and should be treated for the heroes they are.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My ex and her husband are joining the air guard because in the air guard you only go to war if you volunteer right now.....LOL :toofunny:

maybe she will get hers.... they are only doing it for money....the wrong reasons lol, anyone who joins the military for money, needs to be shipped over to Iraq and used as human meat shields for the REAL soldiers here to serve our freaking country. I hate people who want the 10K or 20K but not the requirement of being a real soldier....active military men and women deserve that money, not people who try to avoid war....

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
My ex and her husband are joining the air guard because in the air guard you only go to war if you volunteer right now.....LOL :toofunny:

maybe she will get hers.... they are only doing it for money....the wrong reasons lol, anyone who joins the military for money, needs to be shipped over to Iraq and used as human meat shields for the REAL soldiers here to serve our freaking country. I hate people who want the 10K or 20K but not the requirement of being a real soldier....active military men and women deserve that money, not people who try to avoid war....
Two things
1. obviously you have this feeling because it's your ex.

2. I don't know how it is now but, back in the day recruiters would tell you almost anything to get you in.

Very few "Real" soldiers are born, most are made in combat.

:bruce3:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my only beef with the military is the stop loss policy.

a little history here. i signed on jan 28 1995. from that date till 8 years has passed, the military can call me up. i went to basic in july 1995. served till july 1999. on jan 12, 2003 the first black hawk helicopter got shot down in iraq. that was the day they stop lossed me until 2036. isn't that a little bit excessive? i mean, i served, spent time in bosnia, now they can call me back in 2036 when i'm 55 years old? maybe my spec 4P rank will make me an E5 from my excessive age in service...

i despise people that are in service complaining about it. a soldier that doesn't want to fight, is a lackluster twerp who picked the wrong career field. they should loose the right to breed. but people who have served, finished their time, and are FORCED to go back is a little extreme. just my opinion here.

i also think its a disservice to our troops on the ground. if you're in a combat situation, you don't want some mopey bastard all depressed hanging around wondering if he really should fire that gun. our troops need the best protection, the best battle buddies, and more soldiers ready to do the job they signed up for.
:clap2:

That's BS, you served your time honorably, you're done, at least in my books.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Two things
1. obviously you have this feeling because it's your ex.

2. I don't know how it is now but, back in the day recruiters would tell you almost anything to get you in.

Very few "Real" soldiers are born, most are made in combat.

:bruce3:
I was in the army... I have this feeling because of the 300 pound idiots or the guys who wouldnt survive in combat for one second sitting back here in the states collecting paychecks, and calling themselves soldiers....

my ex? she is like 98 pounds, has screwed over more people than you can imagine, she makes me question my own religion sometimes(not really, would never change, but its because of her I can see why we are labeled quite often...), and is always right no matter how much proof there is she has done something wrong.... even I can seem a bit mean because of this, but hey, we all have emotions....

I just want her to taste real life for once, she has had everything handed to her except what she needs handed to her....

and yes, recruiters still lie like hell, mine did, theirs is, they all do.

Real soldiers are simply those willing to die in combat. Those two, even post training wouldnt be willing too....and I guess I wouldnt have wanted them in my squad anyhow.....

Just upsetting, I have my brother in the marines, two besties in the army, and they wont get near as much as those two might get, but they are real soldiers ready to die, all of them actually itching. One has already been over there once, and came back with stories and memories he will never be able to forget.

done ranting :aargh::aargh::aargh::aargh:

justice comes around though I guess....someday.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Should I slow-mun? Or should I just leave this one alone?
Are you asking my permission to answer? Go right ahead.........

All I can say is that his opinion on war will probably change once he's there. You can't really change anyone's opinion on that kind of stuff. Its something that happens when they get their own taste of what its really like. Life doesn't seem so serious when you aren't in harm's way. Its when you are pushed beyond your limits that you begin to realize what's precious. Still, even then you still need some time to make sense of it all. Its hard to understnd what you are going through when you are dealing with a thousand different emotions at once. You might not like yourself when its all said and done.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I think he's passed it up to JAG to find out what his options are. I'm going to try and see what I can find out at drill next week. I just found out about this today through the S1 who is a friend of mine.

What's disturbing is she has 60 Soldiers under her who she's supposed to be training to go to Iraq. Hopefully she gets relieved of command for this.
How did nobody notice that she was doing all of these interviews? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to have her relieved of command. Its not like she can sue anyone over it. Its frustrating to see someone blatantly violating articles of UCMJ and getting away with it. This has to be a major morale squasher within your unit.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
How did nobody notice that she was doing all of these interviews? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to have her relieved of command. Its not like she can sue anyone over it. Its frustrating to see someone blatantly violating articles of UCMJ and getting away with it. This has to be a major morale squasher within your unit.
I don't know. I guess no one watches CNN :). I think/hope my BC will relieve her. I can't imagine him NOT relieving her. So far we don't know of any Soldiers who know about this, just officers. I'm hoping it stays that way. What's kind of unnerving is she sent out welcome packets to new Soldiers to the unit from an email that had this site in her signature:

http://www.roseforrest.com/

On it she says this in the home page of the site:

Dear friends, Andrew and I recently traveled to LA to shoot a commercial for VoteVets, which questioned John McCain’s embracement of George Bush’s failed policy in Iraq and how it would affect the future of our nation.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Are you asking my permission to answer? Go right ahead.........

All I can say is that his opinion on war will probably change once he's there. You can't really change anyone's opinion on that kind of stuff. Its something that happens when they get their own taste of what its really like. Life doesn't seem so serious when you aren't in harm's way. Its when you are pushed beyond your limits that you begin to realize what's precious. Still, even then you still need some time to make sense of it all. Its hard to understnd what you are going through when you are dealing with a thousand different emotions at once. You might not like yourself when its all said and done.
I have seen enough of one war never to wish to see another.-
Thomas Jefferson

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
*UPDATE*

The JAG found nothing wrong with her conduct. Those fckers have no balls.

This crap pisses me off to no end.

What really pisses me off, is that if Obama wins, I'd love to come out and speak against him and his military policies.....BUT.....I would never do it in uniform or speaking as a US Soldier. Its completely wrong and illegal.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thats retarded!

isn't disrespecting a senior officer against the UCMJ?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
thats retarded!

isn't disrespecting a senior officer against the UCMJ?
Yes. The president is in her chain of command.

She said, "Bush's failed Iraq policy."

On top of that, a Soldier is supposed to consult with their chain of command and the public affairs office before they go on a national news network and give opinions that could be misinterpreted to be the opinions of the Army.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
at least she'll never get promoted.
this won't affect her promotion potential in the least. She's not even getting counseled or even a stern talking to about this. They actually said: she did nothing wrong. This is a crock of horseshti.