A Sincere Question for Those Who Condemn the Burning of Korans in America

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, but its not even like an individual in Afghanistan put out a request for donations of bibles to burn, their government officially required the US military to confiscate and hand over copies of the bible.

If the only difference standing between whether you do someting or not is the chance of reprecussions, and it is an outside party determining whether and what those reprecussions are, you've already lost most of your freedoms. You are just letting yourself be managed by a bully. Our schools now have all sorts of specialized programs for dealing with bullies, but somehow its not politically correct to recognize them politically

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Pragmatism. I think, deep down, Christians do realize that even a bible is nothing but paper and ink. If you think the physical book holds ANY power or significance, then you are guilty of Idolatry.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Without the book all a christian has is prayer. Lessons and examples from the book keep you strong in times of weakness. That doesn't exhibit power? On Idolatry, there's no worship of the bible itself. A christian worships God.One of the ways in which he does this is by reading the bible. Jesus quoted from it all the time. Now you'd be saying Jesus is guilty of idolatry. I'm sorry but I find those words a bit offensive. I have no problem when a person says they don't believe in the book and mocks the book or wants to fight me for my beliefs but what I can't stand is people spreading lies and false information. This is how ignorance is born.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
deep down "mostly" everyone is going to defend what they believe in by bashing other beliefs, I recently starting going to chuch, been reading the bible way before then, but I am still open to other peoples opinions
like for instance I did not know that buddha was an actual person, that goes to show you ignorance right there, my preacher actually talks about buddha and sais that christians who believe in him will go to hell, wich is not correct but is correct in the christian faith, any god besides the christian god is a false idol, but what most christians who dont do there homework and most AMERICANS who dont embrace the world outside of their cave dont realize is that
other religions are not only just different in the fact that they have different idols
they are completely different in worship form and function
As a christian you live die and worship and give your all to GOD
other religions people just try to live by words and dont take it so seriously
other religions pay homage to there life by honoring the life and death of animals less significant than them,
other religions are born to die for there idol
what alot of people DONT realize is they know nothing beyond what there own selfishness will let them concieve... let me come back from the limb im on, to make it more simple for the ones who are going to flame me and moch me just by stringing together a bunch of scientific sounding words that are tooooo longgg to use in a social conversation : Take a religion class, they offer them at any major college as ellective
comparing one religion with another is ignorant
and downing someones religion is just plain DISRESPECTFUL
what gives people the nerve to do this, im not sure, wasnt loved enough... overloved?... no discipline ? didnt get there A$$ beat enough coming up? got their A$$ beat too much coming up? no general balance of morals?