Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5/20/2023 175lbs

Went for morning Chemo, than I went to work and put a few skids on parts away, washed my truck and than went to a picnic and ate way to much!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5/21/2023 175lbs

After my morning Chemo I was finally able to spend enough time out side and get my lawn some what looking decent again! The wife and I than cooked some Chicken, Salmon and Fresh Veggies on the grill and had a nice peaceful evening !!

Nutrition

Calories 1,526
Fat 69 grams
Carbs 94 grams
Protein 135

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, after I go into remission, I will be checking into Hershey Penn State Medical Center for about 28 day for a Stem Cell Transplant. after that it take about 100 day to recover at home. My immune system will be at Zero after the transplant, so the 100 is to let the new stem cells dig in and start to work.

They tell me I will be considered to be in remission when my WBC (White Blood Count) get back in the normal range, which is 3.9 - 9.5, mine was as high as 410, yesterday it was down to 22.8 we are getting close !!!

Thank you all for the Prayers, Positive Vibes and words of encouragement! You have made a difference in my life!!

View attachment 232321
Just noticed your blood work here, I must have missed it earlier. This is great that your WBC is just 22.8, not far from remission. Awesome 👍

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is awesome that you are feeling well enough for all of that activity. Great news!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
5/21/2023 175lbs

After my morning Chemo I was finally able to spend enough time out side and get my lawn some what looking decent again! The wife and I than cooked some Chicken, Salmon and Fresh Veggies on the grill and had a nice peaceful evening !!

Nutrition

Calories 1,526
Fat 69 grams
Carbs 94 grams
Protein 135
Sounds like a great day! Glad to see the WBC number coming down!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5/22/2023 174lbs
fat without
Great news today my WBC is down in the normal range (8.5), the Doctor is very happy and I am meeting with the transplant team tomorrow, so I guess we will see what the next step in this adventure will be.

Nutrition

Calories 1,743
Fat 68 grams
Carbs 116 grams
Protein 187 grams

It is hard keeping the calories low so I don't gain fat without be able to workout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/22/2023 174lbs
fat without
Great news today my WBC is down in the normal range (8.5), the Doctor is very happy and I am meeting with the transplant team tomorrow, so I guess we will see what the next step in this adventure will be.

Nutrition

Calories 1,743
Fat 68 grams
Carbs 116 grams
Protein 187 grams

It is hard keeping the calories low so I don't gain fat without be able to workout.
Yes Sir, but you are doing a great job. Your physique is still one to be envied which says a lot!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s great….hopefully this next phase goes just as smoothly.🙏
Even though you haven’t been able to workout, your physique still looks great, for any age, after looking at your last pictures.
I am getting smaller, which really bothers me, but I know I can bounce back, hopefully better than ever !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am getting smaller, which really bothers me, but I know I can bounce back, hopefully better than ever !!
I’m so happy to hear the chemo has you back in range on WBC! You will make it through this process - you didn’t come this far just to turn around! When the time comes, you will be able to rebuild - you are already working on things now daily, just by eating the sensible healthy diet you have been maintaining your bodyweight with.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m so happy to hear the chemo has you back in range on WBC! You will make it through this process - you didn’t come this far just to turn around! When the time comes, you will be able to rebuild - you are already working on things now daily, just by eating the sensible healthy diet you have been maintaining your bodyweight with.
Yep, that muscle memory will kick in and you’ll be back in no time.💪
I know it will, I'm just impatient.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
5/20/2023 175lbs

Went for morning Chemo, than I went to work and put a few skids on parts away, washed my truck and than went to a picnic and ate way to much!
Skids of parts? Do you work in Machining Rocket?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Skids of parts? Do you work in Machining Rocket?
I work at an Automotive Shop we have 12 bays 7 Technicians, we do Tires, Wheel, Performance Upgrades, Accessories and general repair. We have been in business for almost 30 years!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still got a long road head, but it feels great to be headed in the right direction. My Transplant Doctor said it should have taken 12 weeks and the fastest it has ever happened was 6. I did it in 4 weeks !!!!! I Love It !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My Transplant Doctor said it should have taken 12 weeks and the fastest it has ever happened was 6. I did it in 4 weeks !!!!! I Love It !!
I love to hear that, it's a testament to busting your ass your whole life and gives the rest of us hope that what we all do every day is building a better machine to fight these challenges. So glad you're doing well!!! Giving credit where credit is due, it's also a testament to the power of prayer my friend ;) !!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very nice, I am sure they really appreciated that! So how long do you have to wait to get the stem cell treatments? Is there a wait or can they do it as soon as they have a match for you?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was a tough day I spend 6 hours getting my Chemo, I got home and went to bed a 7pm. I woke up at 4am today feeling pretty good, I just drank a cup of coffee, too my SNS Alpha Yohimbine and I'm headed out for a 2 mile walk.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
New PR !!!!

As of yesterday I am in Remission !!!!
Congratulations. That is so awesome to hear.

I am so happy for you and your family and we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
May 26 2023 - 175lbs

It has been a very hectic week and I am trying to get everything back on track. I woke up at 4am today, drank a cup of coffee, took (1) SNS Alpha Yohimbine than headed out for my fasted cardio 2 mile walk, it took about 35 minutes and I really enjoyed the time to think and breath! the fresh air!

Working on getting my nutrition back on track also

Calories 1,484
Fats 47 grams
Carbs 149
Protein 129

I don't need to many calories or as much protein if I am not lifting !

I have to make the two hour (round trip) drive to Harrisburg, PA. Saturday, Sunday and Monday for my Chemo treatments. The drive and the treatments add up to about five hours out of my day. The good news is after this I am going get to stop the weekend treatments and go to Chem 5 days a week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Time to finish the weekend treatments strong! I’m sure you will be happy to get the 10 hours back in your weekend next week

I think the morning walks are awesome for your recovery. Strong mind, strong body, and nothing brings mental wellness quite like walking outside.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Time to finish the weekend treatments strong! I’m sure you will be happy to get the 10 hours back in your weekend next week

I think the morning walks are awesome for your recovery. Strong mind, strong body, and nothing brings mental wellness quite like walking outside.
I really do enjoy them, it's so peaceful no traffic at that time just the sun rising and the birds singing !!

I am just about ready right now to break out of this hospital bed, drive home fix some lunch and do a little yard work.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you’re going to be able to get your weekends back and at least be back to normal on Saturdays and Sundays. There really is something very refreshing about an early morning walk, with the birds singing and the Sun just starting to rise.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the above. I love a good walk, it's obvious if you follow my log. :) Just frees up the mind a bit and refreshes you, and your outlook for that matter. I find them very therapeutic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with the above. I love a good walk, it's obvious if you follow my log. :) Just frees up the mind a bit and refreshes you, and your outlook for that matter. I find them very therapeutic.
No Doubt !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There really is something very refreshing about an early morning walk, with the birds singing and the Sun just starting to rise.
For sure! I love spring/summer months when you could do this almost daily where I live. Winter months are a different story :(

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
May 27 2023 - 173lbs

Up again at 4am today, drank a cup of coffee, took (1) SNS Alpha Yohimbine than headed out for my fasted cardio 2 mile walk, it took about 35 minutes. I am really enjoying this in the mornings.

I got this e-mail from my sister so, I thought I would take her and her husband out to dinner before she leaves!

It is time for me to update you on my upcoming bike tour. I will be leaving from Bar Harbor, Maine, on June 16; arriving in Anacortes, Washington, on September 11. The tour will be the longest, both in days and mileage, that I have ever done. 89 days. About 4300 miles. Through fifteen states and a bit of Canada. The tour will be the longest, both in days and mileage, that I have ever done. 89 days. About 4300 miles. Through fifteen states and a bit of Canada. Since 1996, I have completed 15 tours of 1500 miles or more. Total mileage since I started keeping track in 1987: 186,201 miles. (That is up until yesterday.) And this old body is really starting to feel those miles!

She is turning 70 this year and I think this is her last hoorah!

So I will blame my less than stellar nutrition on her for today.

Calories 2,740
Fats 148 grams
Carbs 206
Protein 1153

I did go into my job yesterday to tidy up the lawn a bit. I hired a 17 year old kid to take care of it this summer since I can't, but he has zero attention to details :mad:

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, that is absolutely impressive that your sister has ridden her bike over 186,000 miles, and this last one is 4300 miles, amazing, and at 70 years old, even more amazing. Looks like accomplishing impressive physical feats runs in your family.💪😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, that is absolutely impressive that your sister has ridden her bike over 186,000 miles, and this last one is 4300 miles, amazing, and at 70 years old, even more amazing. Looks like accomplishing impressive physical feats runs in your family.💪😎
Looks like buckling down and doing the damn thing runs in his family eh!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
She impresses the heck out of me !! We had a very strong Mother (No Father) that instilled a great work ethic on us.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know Rocket, her story would make a great book. I could see somebody like Clint Eastwood making a movie about her, seriously.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You know Rocket, her story would make a great book. I could see somebody like Clint Eastwood making a movie about her, seriously.
She is a retired English Professor, she keep saying that she is going to write a book someday. Maybe after this "Last Excursion" that might happen.