MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kind of crazy how that works. Just sitting dormant for that long.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So the new treatment plan is shorter now isn't it? Not sure if I read it right or not.
Wondering the same thing? Either way sounds like a game plan is set and ready to go, so that’s good news!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have been carrying the Human T-Cell Lymphotrophic Virus I/II since than, it has just not manifested until now.
That's what I was wondering - I wasn't sure if they were saying that it itself manifested into the cancer that you're facing now or if there was another type but that was also a background worry.

I hope the treatment plan goes well and that you'll be on a quick road to recovery.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes instead of 12 weeks at 3 treatments a week, I am getting one round of Chem that last 96 hours, the hope is that is all I need, they will do blood test and if the cancer is in remission (fingers crossed) we will move to the next faze which is a stem cell transplant. That will require a 28 day stay in the hospital.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes instead of 12 weeks at 3 treatments a week, I am getting one round of Chem that last 96 hours, the hope is that is all I need, they will do blood test and if the cancer is in remission (fingers crossed) we will move to the next faze which is a stem cell transplant. That will require a 28 day stay in the hospital.
Awesome, that is how I took it but wasn't quite sure. Sounds like great news!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
03/28/2023 Weight 178lbs

Today's Workout

No workout today I did not sleep very well last night so I stayed in bed and got some much needed sleep

Nutrition

Calories 1,819
Fat 55 Grams
Carbs 154 Grams
Protein 170 Grams

Notes; Going to see the oncology Dr. tomorrow ???

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
03/28/2023 Weight 178lbs

Today's Workout

No workout today I did not sleep very well last night so I stayed in bed and got some much needed sleep

Nutrition

Calories 1,819
Fat 55 Grams
Carbs 154 Grams
Protein 170 Grams

Notes; Going to see the oncology Dr. tomorrow ???
Working out is great, but I think you did the right thing. Sleep and relaxation are the most important things for you right now.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that your oncology appointment goes well.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow that’s great that they were able to figure it all out. I must admit I have never heard of that one, but I could see how with that letter in 1991 and the Doctor not really being concerned how you would put that on the back burner. But it’s great you’re Chemo treatments won’t have to be as long. Praying that your Oncologist appointment goes great and all goes as planned. 🙏

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ditto what they ^^^ said!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After my Doctor and Blood Test today, things are changing again. New plan but I don't have it yet ?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After my Doctor and Blood Test today, things are changing again. New plan but I don't have it yet ?
have the doctors expressed any sort of sentiment to as whether these new diagnosis (diagnosi? diagnoseses?) are better scenarios for treatment? I don't really understand the difference in the two forms of cancer you've been told you have so far, I know my buddy had the same treatment you mentioned though. both the long multi day chemo and stemcell and he's doing fantastic today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I keep testing positive for two different forms of cancer, they have even consulted a Doctor in London that is the number one cancer doctor in the world, and everyone says it is impossible to have both types. They put me on some really strong steroids today (not the good kind) eleven pills a day, I get blood work, Thursday, Saturday and Monday and they will make a final decision on treatment and start on Wednesday. I say final, but I will believe it when I see it??????

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I keep testing positive for two different forms of cancer, they have even consulted a Doctor in London that is the number one cancer doctor in the world, and everyone says it is impossible to have both types. They put me on some really strong steroids today (not the good kind) eleven pills a day, I get blood work, Thursday, Saturday and Monday and they will make a final decision on treatment and start on Wednesday. I say final, but I will believe it when I see it??????
Wow, man I’m sorry you’re going through that brother. I know some of the more complicated diseases can mimic others in symptoms and testing which makes it hard for an absolute diagnosis, and it sounds like this is what they are dealing with. Usually when that happens they typically will try to get a treatment that has shown success with both conditions in question. We’ll pray they pick the correct treatment. I know it’s tough though, but at least they’re contacting some of the best for consultation.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still praying for you. For fast and complete healing and happiness and peace through the journey. maybe the doc is right and you don't have either cancer ;)
That would be wonderful !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, man I’m sorry you’re going through that brother. I know some of the more complicated diseases can mimic others in symptoms and testing which makes it hard for an absolute diagnosis, and it sounds like this is what they are dealing with. Usually when that happens they typically will try to get a treatment that has shown success with both conditions in question. We’ll pray they pick the correct treatment. I know it’s tough though, but at least they’re contacting some of the best for consultation.
I know I am in good hands. and have more people praying for me than I ever thought possible !! Thank you all !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They put me on some really strong steroids today (not the good kind)
Dang it! Tell them you want the good kind to keep your gains! ;)

I know I am in good hands. and have more people praying for me than I ever thought possible !! Thank you all !!
Will keep you in prayers!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
03/29/2023 Weight 179lbs

Pre-Workout; 1 Scoop - Muscle Addiction, Pump Addict, (2) SNS GlycerPump

CEL Api-Plex (1) Capsule Post, (1) Before Bed
SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT (2) Capsules PWO, (2) Post
30 Grams of L-glutamine and 1 Gram SNS Vitamin C
Sipping Rule 1 All 9 Aminos During workout

Today's Workout - Back - Traps - Bi's
Workouts are all done in my home gym
All Super Sets
All Done With Left Arm Only

Machine Seated Row (1) 40X20 (2) 50X20 (3) 60X20 (4) 70X15 (5) 80X12
Concentration Curls (1) 10X12 (2) 12.5X10 (3) 15X8 (4) 10X16 (5) 10X16

Dumb Bell Shrugs (1) 40X20 (2) 40X20 (3) 40X20
BFS Neck Machine (1) 10X60 (2) 12.5X60 (3) 15X60

Core

Hyperextension - Lower Back

Nutrition

Calories 1,176
Fat 71 Grams
Carbs 157 Grams
Protein 108 Grams

Notes; Nutrition was a bit of a struggle yesterday, my spleen had swollen up and made eating very difficult, the doctor gave me some very strong steroids' to combat this and thy seem to be working. The normal dose for these is 4mg, I have to take 10 pills a day with breakfast. I didn't feel the greatest yesterday after this heavy duty dose, but I feel much better this morning. I got my normal breakfast in no problem. Well I am headed off this morning for some blood work and a PICC Line dressing change and than off to the job. I did get in a nice workout this morning. I will log that at the end of today !

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You got this! Your years of supplementing for bodybuilding has prepared you for this moment!!

I remember taking Animal Pak back in the day and it being about 11-12 gigantic, horrible smelling tablets.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the doctor gave me some very strong steroids' to combat this and thy seem to be working. The normal dose for these is 4mg, I have to take 10 pills a day with breakfast.
Any steroids we might be familiar with? Like prednisone is one I see pop up for such random ailments but I know it's super diuretic, makes you pee and drink water like crazy

I remember taking Animal Pak back in the day and it being about 11-12 gigantic, horrible smelling tablets
lol that is so true. but their marketing was spot on lol

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The steroids should help with any inflammation and hopefully give you some relief. Years ago they used to give my wife high doses of the pills for MS flare-ups, then they switched up to the IV version called Solu-Medrol, which seems to have less side effects and helps calm down the attacks a lot longer. Now she only has to go in for that treatment every few months if she has a flare-up. Any way my point with all the rambling is maybe they could try Solu-Medrol for you with these inflammation flare-ups. It doesn’t seem to cause the water retention or other side effects like the oral, and the benefits last longer.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You got this! Your years of supplementing for bodybuilding has prepared you for this moment!!

I remember taking Animal Pak back in the day and it being about 11-12 gigantic, horrible smelling tablets.
Yes I remember taking those also !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any steroids we might be familiar with? Like prednisone is one I see pop up for such random ailments but I know it's super diuretic, makes you pee and drink water like crazy
In the Doctors words Prednisone is Baby Aspirin compared to this stuff, I was on Prednisone.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The steroids should help with any inflammation and hopefully give you some relief. Years ago they used to give my wife high doses of the pills for MS flare-ups, then they switched up to the IV version called Solu-Medrol, which seems to have less side effects and helps calm down the attacks a lot longer. Now she only has to go in for that treatment every few months if she has a flare-up. Any way my point with all the rambling is maybe they could try Solu-Medrol for you with these inflammation flare-ups. It doesn’t seem to cause the water retention or other side effects like the oral, and the benefits last longer.
I hope this is just an band aid till Tuesday when I am admitted

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Now we’re talking! Tell him you want the stuff “behind the counter.”

If he never went to GNC during the prohormone days, he won’t get it, but you can have a good chuckle at least
One day on it so far and I feel much better!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
03/30/2023 Weight 177bs

Pre-Workout; 1 SNS Thermagize XT, (2) SNS GlycerPump

Today's Workout - Fasted Cardio - Grip - Core

Treadmill 35 Minutes, 2.6mph - Grip Work

Core

Oblique Crunch
Broom Stick Twist
Side Bends
Life Fitness Ab Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back

Nutrition

Calories 1,620
Fat 53 Grams
Carbs 187 Grams
Protein 97 Grams

Notes; Nutrition today was a joke, I stopped on the way back from the cancer center and got my co-workers some sticky buns from Mr. Sticky, I got one to eat (hot and Fresh) with my 9:30 am coffee, it took me all day to eat, I skipped my morning shake and my lunch!!

They barley lasted long enough for me to get a picture !!
Mr Sticky.jpg

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
03/30/2023 Weight 177bs

Core

Oblique Crunch
Broom Stick Twist
Side Bends
Life Fitness Ab Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back

Nutrition

Calories 1,620
Fat 53 Grams
Carbs 187 Grams
Protein 97 Grams

Notes; Nutrition today was a joke, I stopped on the way back from the cancer center and got my co-workers some sticky buns from Mr. Sticky, I got one to eat (hot and Fresh) with my 9:30 am coffee, it took me all day to eat, I skipped my morning shake and my lunch!!

View attachment 230731
That looks delicious!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
03/30/2023 Weight 177bs

Core

Oblique Crunch
Broom Stick Twist
Side Bends
Life Fitness Ab Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back

Nutrition

Calories 1,620
Fat 53 Grams
Carbs 187 Grams
Protein 97 Grams

View attachment 230731
If I cheat on my diet tomorrow, I blame you haha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yum! I bet rolling your legs feels good after retaining that water!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
03/30/2023 Weight 177bs

Core

Oblique Crunch
Broom Stick Twist
Side Bends
Life Fitness Ab Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back

Nutrition

Calories 1,620
Fat 53 Grams
Carbs 187 Grams
Protein 97 Grams

View attachment 230731
Man that looks good….yeah that wouldn’t last very long at my job either.😜

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just sighed up for the Patient Portal for the cancer center, and the first thing it told me was my BMI 31.5% and I'm Obese!! I sent my Dr. a message and told him I was insulted !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just sighed up for the Patient Portal for the cancer center, and the first thing it told me was my BMI 31.5% and I'm Obese!! I sent my Dr. a message and told him I was insulted !!
Yep, totally obese! I wanna look as obese as you looked in your last picture!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah BMI is a joke if you workout….just send a message back to them with your picture attached, and say do these abs look obese. I bet your Doctor did get a kick out of your message though.😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
never seen anyone in the "optimal" BMI range that had a physique I admired, personally.
hell, at 8% BF I was in the overweight category lol. I think it had me around 20lbs overweight at the time.
that was about 16lbs lighter than now.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Doctor keeps telling me I'm the fittest cancer patient he has. And I did show him a picture of me from last July, probably the best I have ever looked

185.png

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BMI doesn't usually apply to people like you. I'm super obese! last time I had it checked a few years ago, I should weight 155lbs not 215!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it's funny. I remember years ago Arnold was turned down for insurance from the screen actors guild due to being obese . (BMI)