Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m not positive where I read it but I could’ve swore someone said somewhere that the counter body part whatever it is will receive benefit even if it’s not being worked out? Obviously not the same benefit but a certain % of it
Yes, the muscle will atrophy but the brain will maintain the neurological mapping for the motor pattern to fire just as hard. So whenever you can train it again there’s no learning curve; literally as fast as the tissue can regrow is the rate limiter for when it will return to even size (assuming joint function is same as before/normal).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m not positive where I read it but I could’ve swore someone said somewhere that the counter body part whatever it is will receive benefit even if it’s not being worked out? Obviously not the same benefit but a certain % of it

I had read this also and I am counting on it !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have no drought that I can get back to where I was and maybe even a little better !! I have the Knowledge, Willpower and Drive !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well I got to check another new hospital off my list today, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center in Harrisburg. I was there for a meeting and some blood work. 🩸 They let me know what to expect tomorrow during my Campath Treatment and they also let me know this is only the second time they have ever used it. I guess I am just special! Wish me luck, keep me and the medical staff in your prayers. Thank you everyone for your support!

UPMC Harrisburg.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
04/11/2023 Weight 179lbs

Pre-Workout; 1 Scoop - Muscle Addiction, Pump Addict, (2) SNS GlycerPump

CEL Api-Plex (1) Capsule Post, (1) Before Bed
SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT (2) Capsules PWO, (2) Post
30 Grams of L-glutamine and 1 Gram SNS Vitamin C
Sipping Rule 1 All 9 Aminos During workout

Today's Workout - Fasted Cardio - Core

I sleep almost 10 hours last night! I woke up feeling great, I had not planned on going to work today as I had Doctor appointments almost all day today. I sleep in till 5am. It was really nice out this morning so I went for a 35 minute walk, came home hit some core movements, ate my breakfast, shower and off to the doctor!!

Tomorrow Chemotherapy !!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I got to check another new hospital off my list today, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center in Harrisburg. I was there for a meeting and some blood work. 🩸 They let me know what to expect tomorrow during my Campath Treatment and they also let me know this is only the second time they have ever used it. I guess I am just special! Wish me luck, keep me and the medical staff in your prayers. Thank you everyone for your support!

View attachment 231137
Prayers to you and the staff @rocket!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know you gotta be tough to be a pioneer - they took one look at you & said, “We got a live one here, boys - give him the latest model for a test drive!” Rest easy - you are in good hands, and you have what it takes to make it through.

Also, should it please you, I finally mowed my lawn today!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck! Hope all goes well!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You know you gotta be tough to be a pioneer - they took one look at you & said, “We got a live one here, boys - give him the latest model for a test drive!” Rest easy - you are in good hands, and you have what it takes to make it through.

Folks I'm Good! @Hyde got his lawn mowed, everything is right with the world now !!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For a thicker richer lawn never mow in the same direction 2 times in a row. This message brought to you by Rocket 🚀 Lawns

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you are finally officially back on the treatment train! Hopefully you are one of the group who does not get a lot of bad sides.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But did he get the lines nice and straight and the perfect angle from the road??
For a thicker richer lawn never mow in the same direction 2 times in a row. This message brought to you by Rocket Lawns
I’m an up/down one session, left & right the next kind of guy, but the wife likes to toss the diagonals in whenever she takes a turn. Hers always look superior

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to seeing this treatment get underway, a clean bill of health, and back to the regular scheduled programming! you will and do stay in the thoughts and prayers of the swolechain prayer warriors!

LOL out here in the pnw you mow your lawn every single dry day you get from about late feb till July whether it needs it or not cause you might go 2 weeks before it's dry enough to mow again and all the sudden it's about 6" taller and clogging your mower 😅

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For a thicker richer lawn never mow in the same direction 2 times in a row. This message brought to you by Rocket 🚀 Lawns
I’m an up/down one session, left & right the next kind of guy, but the wife likes to toss the diagonals in whenever she takes a turn. Hers always look superior
Is this real? I had no idea it had an effect and to be honest my OCD is so bad I mow the lawn exactly and I mean EXACTLY the same way every single time. not sure I could deviate if i wanted too lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is this real? I had no idea it had an effect and to be honest my OCD is so bad I mow the lawn exactly and I mean EXACTLY the same way every single time. not sure I could deviate if i wanted too lol
In doing it "Your Way" the wheels roll over the exact same grass every time and the mower blades pull te lawn in the same direction. So you can have a healthier lawn with just a new starting point. I have 6 verations I used to go mow mine. (Now Who Is OCD?)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chemo went well, feel pretty good, but maybe a little drunk (what ever that feels like) ? They had me on an IV Benadryl drip, once that cleared my system, I am very awake and alert. I feel GREAT !!\

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Chemo went well, feel pretty good, but maybe a little drunk (what ever that feels like)
drunkenness is a feeling of juxtaposition where one feels free, alive, relaxed, with decreased pain sensitivity (ideal for bar fights), while simultaneously harboring deep regrets in regards to the damage one is doing to the liver, the wasteful use of caloric intake, and tomorrows hangover. The only solution to maintaining drunkenness without the regretful side effects is to drink additional amounts, copiously, until a new side effect (memory loss) takes effect, in which case only the good feelings are left until the next morning. At which point in time, you can cure the new regret (hangover) with additional alcohol. Professionals in this field have developed particular recipes considered acceptable for morning drunkenness. These include such things as mimosas, screwdrivers, and bloody marys. Hair of the dog. A study performed by former expert "Ke$ha" indicated you can also "brush your teeth with a bottle of jack", although further studies are required to determine whether Jack Daniels truly has the same cavity fighting potential as Colgate.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
04/11/2023 Weight 179lbs

I slept in today until it was time to go to my Chemo Appointment. I got about 8 hours of good sleep

Today's Workout - Cardio

I got home from Chemo, I got some lunch and than went for about a 40 minute walk, I really enjoyed the sweat (81 Deg) and the fresh air. My doctor told me to be very careful with the UV rays, so I put on a hat and a long sleeve t-shirt. I'm not sure if I need to do this or not? I am pretty dark completed and I never burn ??

drunkenness is a feeling of juxtaposition where one feels free, alive, relaxed, with decreased pain sensitivity (ideal for bar fights), while simultaneously harboring deep regrets in regards to the damage one is doing to the liver, the wasteful use of caloric intake, and tomorrows hangover. The only solution to maintaining drunkenness without the regretful side effects is to drink additional amounts, copiously, until a new side effect (memory loss) takes effect, in which case only the good feelings are left until the next morning. At which point in time, you can cure the new regret (hangover) with additional alcohol. Professionals in this field have developed particular recipes considered acceptable for morning drunkenness. These include such things as mimosas, screwdrivers, and bloody marys. Hair of the dog. A study performed by former expert "Ke$ha" indicated you can also "brush your teeth with a bottle of jack", although further studies are required to determine whether Jack Daniels truly has the same cavity fighting potential as Colgate.

Now I know !

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now I know !

I got home from Chemo, I got some lunch and than went for about a 40 minute walk, I really enjoyed the sweat (81 Deg) and the fresh air. My doctor told me to be very careful with the UV rays, so I put on a hat and a long sleeve t-shirt. I'm not sure if I need to do this or not? I am pretty dark completed and I never burn ??
I can't recall if I told you about my buddy who had treatment for cancer in his throat last year but he needed 23 sessions or so over the course of like 2 months. The told him the first half would be a walk in the park but that it would increase the burn substantially over time. Like clock work, they were right. towards the end it did get quite burnt and painful but it also healed exactly as fast as they said it would (a mere 2-4 days!)

sooooo I'd take the docs advice on this one... It could definitely lead to some discomfort/burns from what I've seen (but haven't first hand experienced yet so... take it for what it's worth)

btw his treatment went perfect! like i said, after only a few days the burning went away, he was eating normal foods again and checked out cancer free, medicine is doing GREAT in that field!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s awesome your chemo went good….rest up, because I know you’ll be ready to get after it…
Like you say Rocket, Life is Good.😎

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chemo went well, feel pretty good, but maybe a little drunk (what ever that feels like) ? They had me on an IV Benadryl drip, once that cleared my system, I am very awake and alert. I feel GREAT !!\
Glad chemo went well! Stay Strong!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Last night it took me about 3 hours to fall asleep, so no AM workout. I did keep nutrition pretty good today. I hope I sleep well and can get a workout in! Chemo Round (2) Friday at Noon !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So what is the new treatment plan now? Obviously not the 4 days in a row one now.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chemo must make you hold water woke up today 6lbs heavier.

So what is the new treatment plan now? Obviously not the 4 days in a row one now.
I am on a Off Label Drug called Campath (Alemyuzumab) my first dose was 3ml, next dose 10ml and than 30ml every time after. I will be getting infusions on Mon, Wed, and Friday along with blood work on the same days to monitor results. Some time in a 4-12 week period I should go into remission. Once in remission I will have a Stem Cell transplant. After that No More Cancer !! Life Is Good !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Last night it took me about 3 hours to fall asleep, so no AM workout. I did keep nutrition pretty good today. I hope I sleep well and can get a workout in! Chemo Round (2) Friday at Noon !!
do you respond well to zma or melatonin as a sleep aid? I pounded my melatonin last night and slept like a baby, I need to be better about that...

Chemo must make you hold water woke up today 6lbs heavier.

I am on a Off Label Drug called Campath (Alemyuzumab) my first dose was 3ml, next dose 10ml and than 30ml every time after. I will be getting infusions on Mon, Wed, and Friday along with blood work on the same days to monitor results. Some time in a 4-12 week period I should go into remission. Once in remission I will have a Stem Cell transplant. After that No More Cancer !! Life Is Good !!
I appreciate you sharing your journey with us, I can tell you I'm super excited to see this wrap up for you. Three biggest events right now in the AM Series, Hyde's recent comp, Dapack's comp this weekend, and your ongoing Comp. Looking for more PRs and victory soon!! really super excited to see the progress soon for you!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
do you respond well to zma or melatonin as a sleep aid? I pounded my melatonin last night and slept like a baby, I need to be better about that...

I appreciate you sharing your journey with us, I can tell you I'm super excited to see this wrap up for you. Three biggest events right now in the AM Series, Hyde's recent comp, Dapack's comp this weekend, and your ongoing Comp. Looking for more PRs and victory soon!! really super excited to see the progress soon for you!
I use ZMA & Melatonin, but they don't help when I can't sleep. The things I have found that work the best for me are Diphenhydramine, Ketotifen and just recently I got a script for Ativan. I try to only use these as a last resort.

I am fighting the fight and I plan to WIN !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use ZMA & Melatonin, but they don't help when I can't sleep. The things I have found that work the best for me are Diphenhydramine, Ketotifen and just recently I got a script for Ativan. I try to only use these as a last resort.

I am fighting the fight and I WILL WIN !!
Corrected^^^

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I have heard chemo does make you hold water. If it gets too bad they will give you a diuretic. Hopefully you’ll go into remission early in that 4 to 12 week window, and won’t have to experience too many more side effects. Praying for you brother.🙏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
04/14/2023 Weight 184lbs

Today's Workout - Legs
Workouts are all done in my home gym
All Super Sets

Lying Leg Curls (1) 20X15 (2) 25X15 (3) 30X15
PowerTech Calf Raise (1) 135X15 (2) 135X15 (3) 135X15

Standing Leg Curls (1) 300X15 (2) 35X16 (3) 40X18
Body Weight Calf Raise (1) 12 (2) 20 (3) 25

Core

Side Planks
Oblique Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back
Life Fitness Ab Crunch

Nutrition

I haven't been tracking my nutrition lately, my diet is not what it should be. These are not excuses but are just how things are. Two of the medications I am on, both increase apatite, my Red Blood Cell Count being so low leaves me with very low energy, and when I do eat my energy levels definitely go up (a little). I also need to eat one of my meals three times a week while sitting in a chair getting Chemo. The other day my wife ask me it I would like her to make me some Tuna Sandwiches to take along to my treatment, I told her I would love it but nut sure the other folks, particularly the ones that get very sick duing there treatment would like the smell of my Tuna :ROFLMAO: Right Now I will stick to PB&J.

Notes; I am sure this workout does not look great to most of you, but it was very good for me, I was slightly winded and had a pretty good pump. Plus I got to work both sides of my body!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
04/14/2023 Weight 184lbs

Today's Workout - Legs
All Super Sets

Core

Side Planks
Oblique Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back
Life Fitness Ab Crunch

Nutrition

I haven't been tracking my nutrition lately, my diet is not what it should be. These are not excuses but are just how things are. Two of the medications I am on, both increase apatite, my Red Blood Cell Count being so low leaves me with very low energy, and when I do eat my energy levels definitely go up (a little). I also need to eat one of my meals three times a week while sitting in a chair getting Chemo. The other day my wife ask me it I would like her to make me some Tuna Sandwiches to take along to my treatment, I told her I would love it but nut sure the other folks, particularly the ones that get very sick duing there treatment would like the smell of my Tuna :ROFLMAO: Right Now I will stick to PB&J.

Notes; I am sure this workout does not look great to most of you, but it was very good for me, I was slightly winded and had a pretty good pump. Plus I got to work both sides of my body!
Man the fact you are being active after a round of that is impressive!! You are doing great, staying strong, staying active this is so great to hear!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was my first dose at 10ml and I woke up this morning feel really, really good. Monday will be 30ml I hoping I feel 3 times better :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a funny shirt!

Every training session you enjoyed is a great session! The destination never satisfies as much as the path can - love the moment for what it is as often as possible

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
04/14/2023 Weight 184lbs

Today's Workout - Legs
All Super Sets

Core

Side Planks
Oblique Crunch
Foam Roll Legs & Back
Life Fitness Ab Crunch

Nutrition

Just you still putting in any work working out is impressive to all of us. And the fact that you are still making an effort to eat healthy and stay lean, is an example to us all. That no matter the obstacles you can still make an effort to eat right and exercise. Again it’s just impressive and shows the kind of man you are. Tough, dedicated, overcomer.💪🚀

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just you still putting in any work working out is impressive to all of us. And the fact that you are still making an effort to eat healthy and stay lean, is an example to us all. That no matter the obstacles you can still make an effort to eat right and exercise. Again it’s just impressive and shows the kind of man you are. Tough, dedicated, overcomer.💪🚀
Eat Clean, I try my wife picked me up after Chemo yesterday with a treat !! I'm not sure if she is an Angel

👼 or The Devil ? 👿

Danish.jpg