A Day In The Life Of Rocket

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am planning on a nap this afternoon
When I was in the hospital for a week my parents brought me GI Joes and those fuzzy coloring posters. maybe we should send you a care package? šŸ˜…

I got to go pee this Bumex is kicking my but, but the good news, I looked ripped as heck!!!!
haha well you had a goal for the birthday right? more than one way to skin a cat šŸ˜…

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, getting all that water off is revealing all the hard work. You gotta watch those nurses now, your wife will have to beat them off with a stick. Hope your biopsy goes well.šŸ™

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The cancer doctor was just here to see me, I am getting another Bone Marrow Biopsy this afternoon, according to them they canā€™t believe my cancer is as bad as the test say and I am such good physical health......so I think this is a good thing! They took me off TRT for now but they said I will be able to go back on when my treatments are done. I got to go pee this Bumex is kicking my but, but the good news, I looked ripped as heck!!!!
I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through the biopsy again, but like you, I hope that maybe it will wind up showing something good and that it will turn out better than the original one was.

We will keep you in our prayers today here and be praying for you that the tests reveal some good news.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thank everyone for all the well wishes, positive comments and the prayers are what I need the most, I donā€™t post much on here about religion but I hope people can see ā€œwho I amā€ by my actions, I have trusted my whole life to God and this is no different, so your prayers are greatly appreciated! I hope o am not boring you with my pictures and post but put a fairly active guy in a room for 24 hours a day and I got a log of free time.
Amen! please keep the updates coming. we love ya brother!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The cancer doctor was just here to see me, I am getting another Bone Marrow Biopsy this afternoon, according to them they canā€™t believe my cancer is as bad as the test say and I am such good physical health......so I think this is a good thing! They took me off TRT for now but they said I will be able to go back on when my treatments are done. I got to go pee this Bumex is kicking my but, but the good news, I looked ripped as heck!!!!
a 2nd one, that sucks! Lets hope the 2nd one comes back a lot better!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just getting caught up in logs after a few days at work. Iā€™m ecstatic to see that push ups and sit-ups have almost surpassed pin pricks!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, getting all that water off is revealing all the hard work. You gotta watch those nurses now, your wife will have to beat them off with a stick. Hope your biopsy goes well.šŸ™
Iā€™m sure my farm girl daughter will give the wife a hand, they donā€™t city girls donā€™t want no parts of s farm girl.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The bone marrow biopsy was not successful so they have to come up with a new plan I think I am going to be here for awhile. Just my gut feeling they could not give me an answer or dates

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The bone marrow biopsy was not successful so they have to come up with a new plan I think I am going to be here for awhile. Just my gut feeling they could not give me an answer or dates
By unsuccessful, do you mean that it showed the same results as the previous one or that it was inconclusive, like they couldn't get an accurate reading on this one?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Iā€™m sorry about that brotherā€¦..praying they come up with a new plan that works.šŸ™

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got to go pee this Bumex is kicking my but, but the good news, I looked ripped as heck!!!!
At least there is some positive to it! ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
By unsuccessful, do you mean that it showed the same results as the previous one or that it was inconclusive, like they couldn't get an accurate reading on this one?
They weā€™re not able to extract the Bone Marrow so they have to go in a different way.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Had a very nice visit last night from Mark & Sara from Green Filter USA, this is a picture of us (and Scott) taken in Vegas back in October. Well my outside excursion has been canceled for today, my potassium levels are back up so they had to hook me up to the heart monitor again, oh well. I did get 12 laps around the halls this morning and 40 push-ups in, I skipped the sit ups this morning I didnā€™t think the three new holes in my back would have appreciated them. When walking the halls here I need to remember to look straight ahead, there are things in these rooms you canā€™t unsee, come on folks shut the door when you are using the bathroom!!!
78CBF7C6-7EEA-49CA-B515-150DD5480122.jpeg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did get some good news this morning, my potassium is back to normal and my white blood cell count is down from a high of 378,000 to 259,000 today the goal is 11,000. Now for the important stuff, breakfast. I did try to cut down a bit today, I think I have been eating to well. English Muffin, Cheese Scrambled Eggs, Blueberry Muffin & Coffee..
1B55678D-BF4D-4FDF-A88A-DC3178A229E4.jpeg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear some progress on the WBC count, and that you are able to exercise a little bit too. Way to show those people what fighting the good fight looks like! You are setting an example for all of us!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did get some good news this morning, my potassium is back to normal and my white blood cell count is down from a high of 378,000 to 259,000 today the goal is 11,000. Now for the important stuff, breakfast. I did try to cut down a bit today, I think I have been eating to well. English Muffin, Cheese Scrambled Eggs, Blueberry Muffin & Coffee..View attachment 229376
That is good your white blood cell count dropped over 100,000. They keep feeding you that good, you might have to just give in and call it a bulk. šŸ’Ŗ

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love hospital food. As mentioned, itā€™s so good these days compared to a decade ago even. Not 5-star of course, but like a hot cafeteria with a lot of options.

Iā€™m really glad to hear the white blood cells are going the right direction! Thatā€™s a radical drop in your favor.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dr. Who wanted a second biopsy, and his PA who is the one that tried yesterday was under the opinion we already did one at West Shore letā€™s just use that and come up with a plan. The PA won I start my first of three Cemo therapyā€™s today and I should be released Friday afternoon! YEA!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dr. Who wanted a second biopsy, and his PA who is the one that tried yesterday was under the opinion we already did one at West Shore letā€™s just use that and come up with a plan. The PA won I start my first of three Cemo therapyā€™s today and I should be released Friday afternoon! YEA!!!
Thatā€™s awesome!

I know some people really get hit hard with chemo, but for whatever itā€™s worth when my dad last had his a few years back around age 70, he never lost his hair, said he didnā€™t lose appetite and barely no weight loss, and overall other than some expected fatigue basically bounced right back, and it did clear his cancer.

Wishing you strength and health!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My lunch today was delayed do to my back started to bleed where they attended to do the biopsy. 8.5 hours later they got it to stop bleeding. But now the import part. Breaded Fish Sandwich with Hot Sauce, Pierogies, Green Beans, Carrot Cake & Coffee I never got a chance to drink. Now the bad news, No Sushi while on Cemo ! (Note I donā€™t like Sushi)
030DF9FC-F6FD-47ED-812C-1604455D2104.jpeg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My lunch today was delayed do to my back started to bleed where they attended to do the biopsy. 8.5 hours later they got it to stop bleeding. But now the import part. Breaded Fish Sandwich with Hot Sauce, Pierogies, Green Beans, Carrot Cake & Coffee I never got a chance to drink. Now the bad news, No Sushi while on Cemo ! (Note I donā€™t like Sushi)View attachment 229392
I'd smash that meal right now. Screw the cut it's time to bulk

How big are the holes ? Painful?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd smash that meal right now. Screw the cut it's time to bulk

How big are the holes ? Painful?
Not painful at all, I have no idea on the size, I will ask. I just asked the nurse 3 holes about the size an ice pick would make.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Last post of the day, my late dinner. Cheese Burger, Green Beans, Frozen Yogurt and I ate the Red Grapes while I was laying flat on my back!
703D2AAE-D869-4D0F-8A51-D39B221C8698.jpeg

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thatā€™s great news they were able to start your treatments and you may be able to go home Friday.šŸ™
Looks like youā€™re celebrating with some good meals.šŸ‘

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad youā€™re getting some good news and a plan is being initiated! Eat up, stay positive and get home on Friday. Weā€™re here for you brother! Prayers are still going up!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got weighed this morning, I have lost 19lbs of the water/bloat that was making me so miserable. I thought it best not to do any sit ups this morning, I didnā€™t want to chance my back starting to bleed again and with this PICC Line I canā€™t do push-ups so 20 laps around the hall it was!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got weighed this morning, I have lost 19lbs of the water/bloat that was making me so miserable. I thought it best not to do any sit ups this morning, I didnā€™t want to chance my back starting to bleed again and with this PICC Line I canā€™t do push-ups so 20 laps around the hall it was!
You are a tough cookie šŸ’ŖšŸ’ÆšŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you, your support along with many others here on the board has helped a lot, I just anxious to get back to a normal life
I think from your posts that you have handled yourself extremely well!!!! I have not sensed one ounce of giving up from you. Your actions wear off on me and make me realize no matter how bad things can get, keep on trucking.

šŸ’Ŗ

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think from your posts that you have handled yourself extremely well!!!! I have not sensed one ounce of giving up from you. Your actions wear off on me and make me realize no matter how bad things can get, keep on trucking.

šŸ’Ŗ
As a team our job is to Support and Lift Up each member, I do believe we do a good job of that!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, your support along with many others here on the board has helped a lot, I just anxious to get back to a normal life
goes both ways dude. I finish a deadlift and I'm patting my body down and checking my balls for hernia etc like a pussy and you're trying to decide if you should do your situps or not with a bunch of holes in your back... kinda puts things into perspective and reminds me which of us is the Alpha šŸ˜… (hint; it's probably you lol)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket these meals look great! Iā€™m glad you are able to get some walking in and they got the port in successfully.

goes both ways dude. I finish a deadlift and I'm patting my body down and checking my balls for hernia etc like a pussy and you're trying to decide if you should do your situps or not with a bunch of holes in your back... kinda puts things into perspective and reminds me which of us is the Alpha (hint; it's probably you lol)
Just 3 holes ā€œthe size an ice pick would makeā€, no big deal!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great news on getting the treatments scheduled and possibly going home Friday!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They let me outside today for a 30 minute walk, this is the first time in about a week I have had shoes on let alone been outside. On the way back to my room I discovered the cafeteria, Pineapple Upside Down one of my favorites
BE251736-C6CB-4297-A53E-77E42B53E001.jpeg
BE251736-C6CB-4297-A53E-77E42B53E001.jpeg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
hows the appetite?
Judging from the recent food obsession, I would say it is doing fine! ;) That pineapple upside down cake looks goooooooooood!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer