Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right now I’m really appreciating all the support you guys are giving me, I’m sitting in a hospital room just waiting for the next person to come poke me, it nice just to be able to share my thoughts and feeling. Life is throwing me a curve ball right now but I will be back as strong as ever

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right now I’m really appreciating all the support you guys are giving me, I’m sitting in a hospital room just waiting for the next person to come poke me, it nice just to be able to share my thoughts and feeling. Life is throwing me a curve ball right now but I will be back as strong as ever
Right now I’m enjoying a hot cup of coffee, about to get my sleepyhead son up who somehow is STILL sleeping.

I just want to say I’m grateful how you share on here the times you get to watch your grandkids. Because of that, it helps me appreciate how much my in-laws really love to see my son. They always seem so excited when we bring him to visit, but I don’t want to be a burden either - you sharing your love here makes me feel like I’m doing the right thing trying to visit them so often!

Homestead

Homestead

Awards
Rocket, I follow on here a lot, but just not a poster! I always enjoy reading all your posts as I’m in my mid 50s and you are my inspiration!! So sorry to hear about what you’re going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Get well!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right now I’m enjoying a hot cup of coffee, about to get my sleepyhead son up who somehow is STILL sleeping.

I just want to say I’m grateful how you share on here the times you get to watch your grandkids. Because of that, it helps me appreciate how much my in-laws really love to see my son. They always seem so excited when we bring him to visit, but I don’t want to be a burden either - you sharing your love here makes me feel like I’m doing the right thing trying to visit them so often!
I’m sure they love every minute they get to spend with him! ❤

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Bumex is working I’m down 10lbs in the last 48 hours, my ankles are not swollen near as bad and my breathing is not labored, it’s 5am and I just went for about an half an hour walk around the hospital floor, one of the nurses ask if I needed help, I told her yes, which way to the gym? She just laughed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just got word I’m am leaving Harrisburg PA and being transferred to Pittsburgh PA but ambulance at 9:15 am this morning, I’m not looking forward to a 3-4 hour ride. Oh Well ! I just need to get better ASAP!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just got word I’m am leaving Harrisburg PA and being transferred to Pittsburgh PA but ambulance at 9:15 am this morning, I’m not looking forward to a 3-4 hour ride. Oh Well ! I just need to get better ASAP!
Hopefully it won’t be a long stay! Sucks you’ll be further away, but you have to go where the best resources are. When they had to fly my son to another hospital, I had to view it as an opportunity for the best care I could give him. And it was a really good move!

Your granddaughter looks like her dreams are coming true - it’s so funny how when we’re little all we wanted was to grow up!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My grand daughter got here ears pierced yesterday for her 10th birthday She is so proud!

View attachment 229222
I hope the ride in the ambulance wasn’t too bad. The good thing is it sounds like they are on top of things to get you in the hands of the right team of doctors.

Your granddaughter looks so happy and proud, that’s sweet…they are our pride and joys, as my Grandmother used to say.😍

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The ambulance ride was good, and I already feel very good about my new cancer Dr. He is currently looking at all my test and information and will have a path to recover by tonight

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't forget to ask about the complimentary sponge bath when you see a good looking nurse!
Good advice right here! Or if you need help changing clothes! :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The nurses are all younger than my daughters, I think I will just stick with my wife! Well I am in Pittsburgh, PA this morning with my wife and youngest daughter. We got to meet my head cancer Doctor yesterday day and I really like him and his attitude. He made me feel pretty good when he said I can’t believe I’m treating you for cancer, I should be taking your picture for one of those magazine adds for the fountain of youth! My treatment should start today

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The nurses are all younger than my daughters, I think I will just stick with my wife! Well I am in Pittsburgh, PA this morning with my wife and youngest daughter. We got to meet my head cancer Doctor yesterday day and I really like him and his attitude. He made me feel pretty good when he said I can’t believe I’m treating you for cancer, I should be taking your picture for one of those magazine adds for the fountain of youth! My treatment should start today
That’s good news Rocket! Praying the course of treatment with the new doc is a success. I’m glad your wife and daughter are with you. It’s always nice to have a support group with you!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He made me feel pretty good when he said I can’t believe I’m treating you for cancer, I should be taking your picture for one of those magazine adds for the fountain of youth! My treatment should start today
That's huge man. a lifetime of fitness and hard work will help 10x through your recovery!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s good…..just tell him that just shows that your a hard worker, dedicated, and able to meet goals.💪

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate the updates!
You got this brother!
being in shape is a big plus when having to take on serious health conditions!
I will continue to pray that the Good Lord puts his healing hands on you, comforts your family and guides all the health care workers!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, just got caught up on your latest exploits there @Rocket3015 . Glad to hear you're getting the treatment you need. I generally distrust doctors myself and always wait til dire straits, but I'm glad you went in and got checked out man. Tough old head like yerself'll have this whipped in no time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just figured out this is almost like being on a Cruise Ship 🛳 I get to relax in my cabin (room) walk around the deck (hall) eat like a king (just not quite as much) and I get waited on hand and foot. I might get used to this!
F44CE280-32E0-45AB-910A-A4407CABE111.jpeg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thank everyone for all the well wishes, positive comments and the prayers are what I need the most, I don’t post much on here about religion but I hope people can see “who I am” by my actions, I have trusted my whole life to God and this is no different, so your prayers are greatly appreciated! I hope o am not boring you with my pictures and post but put a fairly active guy in a room for 24 hours a day and I got a log of free time.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What did they say about exercise?

Obviously there is a bigger picture, but maybe gets some bands off Amazon and do some easy simple exercises. I know it would make me feel good to at least get some work in. Unless your not suppose to do anything.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I thank everyone for all the well wishes, positive comments and the prayers are what I need the most, I don’t post much on here about religion but I hope people can see “who I am” by my actions, I have trusted my whole life to God and this is no different, so your prayers are greatly appreciated! I hope o am not boring you with my pictures and post but put a fairly active guy in a room for 24 hours a day and I got a log of free time.
your situation is important to us buddy. we might all just be strangers on the internet for the most part but last week when I didn't have reception the reason I kept trying to get online was to catch any updates that I could. I assure you we are all here supporting you and happy to be getting your updates!!!

and you're right, He is always in control. much love buddy.

Obviously there is a bigger picture, but maybe gets some bands off Amazon and do some easy simple exercises. I know it would make me feel good to at least get some work in. Unless your not suppose to do anything.
I was wondering that too 🤔

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I haven’t ask yet but I was thinking tomorrow morning about trying some push ups and sit ups?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

The other thing I am worried about with excersise is with my kidney problem should I be raising my Kidney Creatinine Levels ?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t ask yet but I was thinking tomorrow morning about trying some push ups and sit ups?
Curious to see what you find! I've always been of the mindset that with regular illness, exercise is key to faster recovery. But that I also have to be smart, as too strenuous and of course then we just set ourselves backwards. How are you feeling all in all? your morale sure seems pretty dang good.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The other thing I am worried about with excersise is with my kidney problem should I be raising my Kidney Creatinine Levels ?
Curious to see what you find! I've always been of the mindset that with regular illness, exercise is key to faster recovery. But that I also have to be smart, as too strenuous and of course then we just set ourselves backwards. How are you feeling all in all? your morale sure seems pretty dang good.

View attachment 229308
ha that's sorta what I was wondering in general and we posted at the same time lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what are you using in the hospital to get online? a laptop or just like the tapatalk app on your phone?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Makes sense, obviously check with the doctor. I’m sure you have a lot on your mind right now.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would definitely ask your doctor before doing any exercise of physical activity.

I honestly think that with the kidney problem combined with the cancer that the safest course of action for you is likely to let your body focus on the things you're going through and to not add any other variables like working out to the mix.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you meditate? If not this may be a good opportunity to see if you enjoy or get anything from it. I don't personally but I have heard enough people speak highly of it to know that one of these days I need to give it a good chance. JM Blakley was the most recent person to have piqued my interest. He has some good info on starting out in Table Talk Episode #13. Sorry, no timestamp for ya, but that whole episode is a good listen. I always enjoy listening to what JM has to bring to the table!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This says it all right here….God is good all the time.
You’re an inspiration to all of us here, not boring at all. You choose to focus on the good in every situation, and try to enjoy your life no matter what challenges comes your way. We could all learn from your positive mindset.💪🙏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

View attachment 229308
Since they got my bloated/distended abdomen swelling done I am feeling pretty good, I have an iPad and an iPhone I use:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you meditate? If not this may be a good opportunity to see if you enjoy or get anything from it. I don't personally but I have heard enough people speak highly of it to know that one of these days I need to give it a good chance. JM Blakley was the most recent person to have piqued my interest. He has some good info on starting out in Table Talk Episode #13. Sorry, no timestamp for ya, but that whole episode is a good listen. I always enjoy listening to what JM has to bring to the table!
I have never given meditation a fair try, and to be honest it just does not appeal to me, it maybe time to revisit it?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just had a thought, all the love and prayers I have been getting, it’s like I have 100 spotters for my soul! Thank you all!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did not sleep well last night, I think I only slept from 3:30am till 4:30am😒 I did get up this morning and walked 10 laps around the floor, did 100 sit-ups and 30 push ups, I wanted 100 pushups but the 150+ needle sticks I have had in my arms this past week or so made them a bit uncomfortable

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just had a thought, all the love and prayers I have been getting, it’s like I have 100 spotters for my soul! Thank you all!
I like that “100 spotters for the soul “….that’s good.
I did not sleep well last night, I think I only slept from 3:30am till 4:30am😒 I did get up this morning and walked 10 laps around the floor, did 100 sit-ups and 30 push ups, I wanted 100 pushups but the 150+ needle sticks I have had in my arms this past week or so made them a bit uncomfortable
How are you feeling after the sit-ups and push-ups? Maybe a little bit of exercise, like that, will kind of give you a little release and you will be able to sleep.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like that “100 spotters for the soul “….that’s good.

How are you feeling after the sit-ups and push-ups? Maybe a little bit of exercise, like that, will kind of give you a little release and you will be able to sleep.
I am planning on a nap this afternoon

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The cancer doctor was just here to see me, I am getting another Bone Marrow Biopsy this afternoon, according to them they can’t believe my cancer is as bad as the test say and I am such good physical health......so I think this is a good thing! They took me off TRT for now but they said I will be able to go back on when my treatments are done. I got to go pee this Bumex is kicking my but, but the good news, I looked ripped as heck!!!!