MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My Mom never took a sick day in 38 years at work, so when she retired she got almost a year and a half off with pay before her retirement started.
Now they reward you by taking away those benefit days if you don't use them...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The good old days !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The good old days !!
Right! A couple of years ago they just decided to take a week of vacation away because we had more PTO than most law firms. Then they stopped letting us carry over more than a week of PTO a year on top of that. So now I make it a point to use everything I can't carry over every year.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Funny, i lost 60 something hours of sick pay Jan 1st this year. I’ve never even used em
Yep, that was money and time in the bank they just stole from you because you didn't want to use it. I don't play that game anymore, no benefit to me not to use my benefits when it is part of my compensation package and can be taken away.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, that was money and time in the bank they just stole from you because you didn't want to use it. I don't play that game anymore, no benefit to me not to use my benefits when it is part of my compensation package and can be taken away.
Yep I have learned my lesson.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep I have learned my lesson.
Sometimes sick days are the best when you are feeling awesome but being inside on such a great day will make you wish you didn't have to go to work. ;) Obviously not when important things are going on at work but like I said, I ain't giving my all for nothing in return, and am still considered the best and the go to guy for what I do in my office.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got over 300hrs of PTO.
They change policies about 3 years ago that you cant carry more than 160hrs. I went to the CFO and told him there wasn't enough days left in the year. I would take off till Jan. something or they could cut me a check.
Now I have a special clause that the 160Max doesn't apply to me. LOL!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They change policies about 3 years ago that you cant carry more than 160hrs. I went to the CFO and told him there wasn't enough days left in the year. I would take off till Jan. something or they could cut me a check.
But what good does having it do if you don't use it and can't cash it in? I understand the pride of not missing work, I used to think this way until I realized they just take advantage of that situation, and don't really care as much about me as I do the job. No I take pride in knowing I am taking advantage of all of the benefits and resources my company uses to compensate me. I guess if your company doesn't have a limit on what they will pay you out if you leave or get let go then it is good. However if they do then you are just leaving time you could spend with your family or on your hobbies on the table. Our company framed it so we couldn't use things to our advantage and the Use it or lose it thing became a reality.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I applaud you ! 👏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
01/20/2023 Weight 177lbs

Pre-Workout; Merica Labz - Red, White & Boom - Orange - (2) SNS GlycerPump

300mg Carnitine
Sipping Rule 1 All 9 Aminos During workout

Today's Workout - Arms
Workouts are all done in my home gym
All Super Sets

Seated Curls (1) 25X20 (2) 35X20 (3) 40X20 (4) 45X20 (5) 50X20
Seated Overhead Tricep Extensions (1) 25X20 (2) 35X20 (3) 40X20 (4) 45X20 (5) 50X20

Machine Hammer Preacher Curls (1) 20X15 (2) 25X15 (3) 30X12
Seated Dip Machine (1) 50X20 (2) 50X20 (3) 50X20

Core
Life Fitness Ab Crunch
Broom Stick Twist
Side Bends
Side Planks
Oblique Sit Ups

Nutrition
Calories 1,704
Fat 45 grams
Carbs 122 grams
Protein 203 grams

Notes: It seems like I have one joint pain that moves from joint to joint lately, my left hand felt much better this morning but the pain has moved to the arch of my left foot, I can barely walk? I had planned Fasted Cardio for today, but I changed that to a seated arm workout. I'm not sure what is causing this, Bad Luck, Old Age or Something I'm taking? It's not like all my joints are drying out like when I use True Shred it is just one joint at a time. One thing is for sure, age, joint pain it may slow me down but it will not defeat me !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Able to stretch out the plantar fascia without too much pain?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A good one is keeping big toe planted while bringing rest of foot up and over it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
01/21/2023 Weight 178lbs

Today's Workout - Neck - Traps - Legs
All Super Sets

BFS Neck Machine (1) 10X80 (2) 12.5X72 (3) 15X64 (4) 17.5X56 (5) 20X48
Bar Bell Shrugs (1) 45X20 (2) 95X20 (3) 115X20 (4) 135X20 (5) 135X20

Leg Extensions (1) 10X20 (2) 20X20 (3) 30X16
Standing Leg Curls (1) 35X16 (2) 40X18 (3) 45X16

Core
Vacuums
Hyperextension
Foam Roll Legs & Back

Nutrition
Calories 1,801
Fat 93 grams
Carbs 209 grams
Protein 15 grams

Notes: The grip with my right hand still was not great, so I started the shrugs out light and worked my way up. The Versa Gripps did help and by the end of my workout my hand and grip felt pretty good. The wife wanted to go to Sam's Club today at lunch time so we also stopped at the Olive Garden for lunch, the Soup, Salad and Breadsticks were pretty good. I got about 6 week till my 65th birthday and my goal is a big lean, best shape of my life 175lbs physique, I guess it's time to get a little more serious !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got about 6 week till my 65th birthday and my goal is a big lean, best shape of my life 175lbs physique, I guess it's time to get a little more serious !!
That's awesome! I don't know any other 64 yr old saying that! Keep working!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But what good does having it do if you don't use it and can't cash it in? I understand the pride of not missing work, I used to think this way until I realized they just take advantage of that situation, and don't really care as much about me as I do the job. No I take pride in knowing I am taking advantage of all of the benefits and resources my company uses to compensate me. I guess if your company doesn't have a limit on what they will pay you out if you leave or get let go then it is good. However if they do then you are just leaving time you could spend with your family or on your hobbies on the table. Our company framed it so we couldn't use things to our advantage and the Use it or lose it thing became a reality.
I still take time off hear and there. problem is no one does my job worth a crap when I'm gone and its a nightmare when I get back.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I still take time off hear and there. problem is no one does my job worth a crap when I'm gone and its a nightmare when I get back.
I know that feeling all to well!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
01/22/2023 Weight 179lbs

Pre-Workout; (1) Capsule Radiate

300mg Carnitine
10mg GW-0742
Sipping Water During workout

Today's Workout
Late Morning Work Out - Planet Fitness

Elliptical 35 Minutes Heart Rate 143 BPM
Life Fitness Glute Machine (1) 25X15 (2) 40X15 (3) 55X15
Adductor (3) Sets (1)100lbsX20 Reps (2) 130X20 (3)160X20
Abductor (3) Sets (1)100lbsX20 Reps (2) 130X20 (3)160X20

Nutrition
Calories 1,993
Fat 93 grams
Carbs 223 grams
Protein 135 grams

Notes: I must admit we went to Sam's Club and I had a big ole Cinnamon Roll with Cream Cheese Icing !! And It Was Worth It !!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
01/23/2023 Weight 179lbs

300mg Carnitine

Today's Workout - Chest & Tri's

Super Sets
Pec Deck (1) 70X20 (2) 90X20 (3) 120X20
Long Rope Press Downs (1) 30X20 (2) 35X20 (3) 40X20

Incline Bench (1) 65X20 (2) 85X20 (3) 95X12 (4) 105X8 (5) 115X6
Lying Tricep Extensions (1) 45X20 (2) 55X10 (3) 65X10 (4) 75X7 (5) 85X6

Straight Set
Close Grip Bench (1) 85X12 (2) 95X8

Core
Life Fitness Ab Crunch

Nutrition
Calories 1,743
Fat 43 grams
Carbs 136 grams
Protein 198 grams

Notes: Nutrition, pretty good today. I normally don't wear wrist wraps but I did today with the wrist pain I have been having, I don't know if it mad any difference but it can't hurt. My weighs and reps were fairly low today but I felt like I had a good pump and got a good workout!! I'm happy !! I am really liking this Merica Labz PWO !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, trust me I know how that goes. I walk in to chaos, dropped balls and people telling me every time I am out that something goes wrong and they need another me. I just look at it as a positive, shows the team my worth and my absence is a good reminder to them how valuable i am to the team and office. I don't take on any stress over cleaning up others situations, I just start doing my job again. However at the same time most of what I do is a support position so the things that fell through yesterday aren't automatically on my plate when I return. I do have to clean up others messes but often at my managers request and then it shows up on my review, so it works out.

@Rocket3015 I am jealous on that cinnamon roll. I came in this morning and one of the guys was munching down on one that he got from kicking off an arbitration this morning and being able to get into their breakfast. However if I am going to have a cinnamon roll, I will wait and really do it up with a drippy gooey roll from Cinnabon! I think one of those is probably close to a whole days worth of calories but OMG YUM!!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, trust me I know how that goes. I walk in to chaos, dropped balls and people telling me every time I am out that something goes wrong and they need another me. I just look at it as a positive, shows the team my worth and my absence is a good reminder to them how valuable i am to the team and office. I don't take on any stress over cleaning up others situations, I just start doing my job again. However at the same time most of what I do is a support position so the things that fell through yesterday aren't automatically on my plate when I return. I do have to clean up others messes but often at my managers request and then it shows up on my review, so it works out.

@Rocket3015 I am jealous on that cinnamon roll. I came in this morning and one of the guys was munching down on one that he got from kicking off an arbitration this morning and being able to get into their breakfast. However if I am going to have a cinnamon roll, I will wait and really do it up with a drippy gooey roll from Cinnabon! I think one of those is probably close to a whole days worth of calories but OMG YUM!!!!
Cinnabon as the best, Last one I had was at the Charlette Airport about 5 years ago.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
01/24/2023 Weight 180lbs

300mg Carnitine

Today's Workout - Back & Bi's
All Super Sets

Body Weight Chin Ups (1) 5 (2) 7 (3) 10
Fat Grip EZ Curl (1) 25X20 (2) 35X16 (3) 40X16

Machine Row (1) 100X20 (2) 115X16 (3) 130X15
Single Arm Preacher Curl (1) 10X12 (2) 12.5X10 (3) 15X6

Machine Pull Overs (1) 100X20 (2) 120X18 (3) 140X16
Incline Curls (1) 5X20 (2) 10X18 (3) 15X10

Core
Hyperextensions

Nutrition
Calories 1,691
Fat 41 grams
Carbs 118 grams
Protein 198 grams

Notes: I was able to work the chins in today as suggested by @MrKleen73, my bi's got a nice stretch on the way down a contraction coming up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Glad you were able to get them in today. The wrist must be feeling a little better too being able to do these.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1/25/2023 Weight 180lbs

Pre-Workout; (1) Capsules Radiate, (2) SNS GlycerPump

300mg Carnitine
10mg GW-0742
Sipping EAA & Liquid IV While On Treadmill

Today's Workout - Fasted Cardio, Core & Grip

Treadmill 35 Minutes
Grip Work

Core
Side Planks
Side Bends
Broom Stick Twist
Oblique Sit Ups
Life Fitness Ab Crunch
Foam Roll Legs and Back

Nutrition

Calories 2,061
Fat 65 Grams
Carbs 128 G
Protein 193 G

Notes; It's a sad day I took my last dose of Radiate today, this has been my Go To for fasted cardio since January of 2017. It was a good workout this morning but I really just wasn't into it. Cardio is a necessary evil in my book! I'm thinking Juice Daddy might make a good PWO for Cardio ????

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Juice Daddy is definitely good for cardio. I only take a half scoop of it for cardio unless feeling really drained then a full scoop, and it is perfect for me. @ZOO nailed that formula!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Juice Daddy is definitely good for cardio. I only take a half scoop of it for cardio unless feeling really drained then a full scoop, and it is perfect for me. @ZOO nailed that formula!
Thank you for your feed back, that will be my new 'Go To" (I got a few Jugs )

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for your feed back, that will be my new 'Go To" (I got a few Jugs )
Jealous! I am 2 sessions away from not having any left. I wish I had bought more, but I was down on cash when he put out the deal that sold them out. I need something new and have no idea what I am going to go with next. I have some 60mg Geranium Extract (DMAA) caps at the house and a pump product, so I will probably use those while I am figuring it out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
01/26/2023 Weight 180lbs

300mg Carnitine

Today's Workout - Shoulders
All Super Sets

Seated Machine Shoulder Press (1) 50X20 (2) 70X20 (3) 90X20 (4) 110X20 (5) 130X20
Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises (1) 15X20 (2) 20X20 (3) 25X20 (4) 30X20 (5) 35X20 - 100% Effort !!

Front Plate Raises (1) 10X20 (2) 15X20 (3) 20X20 (4) 25X12 (5) 15X21
Side Lateral Raises (1) 10X15 (2) 10X20 (3) 15X10 (4) 15X13 (5) 20X8

Core
Hyperextensions

Nutrition
Calories 1,633
Fat 40 grams
Carbs 108 grams
Protein 186 grams

Notes: Any workout when I get 20 sets done in my 75 minutes is a good one. Today every set was a 100% effort and I completed the workout with no pain or discomfort...........It's a great day !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your bent over lateral raises are seriously impressive!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jealous! I am 2 sessions away from not having any left. I wish I had bought more, but I was down on cash when he put out the deal that sold them out. I need something new and have no idea what I am going to go with next. I have some 60mg Geranium Extract (DMAA) caps at the house and a pump product, so I will probably use those while I am figuring it out.
I say " Pump Addict"

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your bent over lateral raises are seriously impressive!
Thank you, funny thing is I really don't like doing them, but my rear delts are the weakest of the three heads !