hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will pass. It's mainly because of your fast.
Hopefully... It has enough pressure to lift me an inch up from the toilet seat. Exaggerating here -but you got the picture.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, it’s most definitely not.
Is constantly replenishing with electrolytes a good idea in this "sh1tty" situation?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loosing about half a quart water every 10 minutes.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is constantly replenishing with electrolytes a good idea in this "sh1tty" situation?
If you have replenished a couple times, just hold off now, feel it out. Your going to be holding a lot of water, and with that electrolytes.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is NO WAY I can finish that meal. Switched to toast with marmalade. Calculated to had about 250gr of carbs until now, about 150gr short.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, you’re fine. If you start cramping then hit the potassium but hold off on the sodium.

I recommend white rice. It’s the most gentle thing you can use for re-feeds.

Where is your pasta from?
Wheat, not whole wheat. A bit late for rice, I'm FULL and ready to explode. The sodium made the cramps vanish for good, maybe because I was more often drinking electrolytes with main ingredient potassium. I eat very low salt (sodium), so I figured its the sodium whats low, apparently I was right.

Diarrhea stopped now.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finished the night with about 320gr carbs/ 200gr protein. Tomorrow we will see how the final pictures look and this log will close.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HGP. Doing all this science project is okay. But, you really have to know when to draw the line. That diarrhoea most probably is because of the large amount of food that went in all of a sudden. Take it slow my man..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All I can say is Respect !!! You are a machine !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HGP. Doing all this science project is okay. But, you really have to know when to draw the line. That diarrhoea most probably is because of the large amount of food that went in all of a sudden. Take it slow my man..
I read about this (between diarrhea cycles). Apparently its "normal". After a time on keto, the body lowers certain enzymes necessary to break down carbs, reacting with diarrhea when suddenly a abundance is introduced. ValiantThor08 was right, it got away after a while. It was mainly water, no food.

All I can say is Respect !!! You are a machine !!
You mean the steam engine noises I made while sh1tting my guts out? :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cortisol doesn't directly increase fat gain.

Q: How can a *catabolic* hormone trigger an *anabolic* process?
A: It cannot.
I was thinking more of its impact on insulin which subsequently leads to fat gain......

I’m just working through some theories on why what were maintenance calories for myself seem to be leading to some fat gain (and muscle weakness). Bloods show mid range lh/fsh, just below mid range test, top end of range estro and shbg with below range free test. No cortisol tested unfortunately but I believe that cortisol, estro and shbg all affect each other......

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read about this (between diarrhea cycles). Apparently its "normal". After a time on keto, the body lowers certain enzymes necessary to break down carbs, reacting with diarrhea when suddenly a abundance is introduced. ValiantThor08 was right, it got away after a while. It was mainly water, no food.

You mean the steam engine noises I made while sh1tting my guts out? :)
So, take a bit slow. It’s because you introduced a lot of food all of sudden at one go.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to edit my first post on page one to add the final pic and a short resume.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last pic is up for overall comparison. here for you lazy guys who don't wanna click:

day13.jpg

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice, what was your overall weight loss ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got Abs !!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Need to know TSH, T4, free T3, and rT3 levels -- these are much more pertinent to your situation than what you had tested.

I would bet that you have subclinical hypothyroidism -- I've seen it a million times: low-normal TSH, normal T4, low T3, high rT3.
Sound, thank you. Really appreciate the info - I’m still learning so always grateful for the input from guys with the knowledge on this stuff.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not sure, still holding on to the noodles. I guess about 8kg / 17lbs
That’s a huge amount of weight for that short amount of time. I’m sure it’s not all fat, but still a huge difference

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless there was a problem with the mince in the spag bol. Undercooked maybe?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Euphoria aborted. Now having diarrhea in 10 minute intervals.
What the hell?
Now:
-Replenishing with electrolytes
-keep eating pasta (bowl at half)
Lol this post had me in stitches!

Also, you are looking shredded dude! What's your bf%?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol this post had me in stitches!

Also, you are looking shredded dude! What's your bf%?
My Bf%? Too much is the correct answer. No idea -and I don't care anymore, as long as something keeps moving after jumping once. (Penis excluded)
:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking great HGP!!!!

btothefman

Awards
hairygrandpa, mate thank you for the inspiration, just finished my 1st 7 day fast and the results were pretty amazing.

Not sure I would have done it without seeing your results and reading of your experience while doing it.

btothefman

Awards
We haven't really defined "better", but I'll give it a shot:

1. Long term CR lowers GH and IGF-1 significantly and causes a permanent decrease in BMR. This is why CR reliably extends life span in all animal models.

2. Prolonged fasting done one or more times per year, followed by a normal diet, would not cause these unwanted metabolic adaptations while still providing the benefits of CR, with the added bonus of:

a. Preventing or eliminating cancerous tumors
b. The ability to take advantage of the GH surge and increased insulin sensitivity to pack on muscle by breaking a fast with multiple consecutive days of heavy lifting coupled with time-restricted feeding (22/2) and a large calorie surplus.

Congratulations: You just got more than $1000 of free coaching from me. I've used line "b" with collegiate athletes to put on 6-15 lbs of lean mass (muscle and "glycogen super compensation weight") in 2 weeks with no PEDs.
Spurfy I'm interested in B here as I'm in an extended fast and will go hard on the weights when I finish.

b. The ability to take advantage of the GH surge and increased insulin sensitivity to pack on muscle by breaking a fast with multiple consecutive days of heavy lifting coupled with time-restricted feeding (22/2) and a large calorie surplus.

Does this mean training heavy every day and only eating in a two hour window at calorie surplus? So you spike carbs and if eating for only two hours so you train fasted then eat afterwards? How long do you train heavy for?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't had time to be on here the last 3 months...sorry I missed this. It looks awesome and inspiring. Just the inspiration I need to get back in the game.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't had time to be on here the last 3 months...sorry I missed this. It looks awesome and inspiring. Just the inspiration I need to get back in the game.
Well get off the board and get to the gym !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I were you, I would emulate EXACTLY what I did. Seriously. Never felt better, never looked leaner, never got so much energy and strength.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-Fast as long as you can (supplementing with potassium and sodium), then:
Monday: IF + Keto + Gym/pm +HIIT Cardio (feed after Gym)
Tuesday:IF + Keto
Wednesday:IF + Keto + Gym/pm +HIIT Cardio (feed after Gym)
Thursday:IF + Keto + Gym/pm + Carb back-load (feed after Gym)
Friday:IF + Keto + Gym/pm/ Heavy weight, no cardio (feed after Gym)
Saturday: IF + Keto + socializing (alcohol -vodka+zero carb soda)
Sunday: Fasting

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I may...But I have to get back in gear...anything would be good at this point. I am not trying to make excuses, but I am making excuses...I have had some life changjng events with my dad having a stroke and I have had to do A LOT of physical labor because of it over the past 10 weeks. My fitbit has routinely logged 5,000+ calorie days in this timeframe which is a ton for me. This would sound great, especially for fat loss, but it has been construction, trash removal, etc. - and no focus at all on eating right, just whatever food I have time for. It has raised my idea of what exhaustion is, which I will carry forward for all time I hope.

I have lost considerable strength, gained a little fat, and am feeling very very over exhausted. I am actually looking forward to getting back in the gym. I was thinking of going the last couple days...but figured I need to recover. The pain I have been in has been so much that I stopped feeling it, except after I stop moving.

I tried to do some pull ups yestersay. I got 5...thats it. So I just kept going with short breaks until I could only do 1...and kept taking a break and doing 1 more. I probably only did 30 pull ups..and I felt fine today, until I went to do another pull up and realized even just hanging from the bar and stretching my torso caised DOMS all over I hadn't realized. I fought through and got 5 more..but it has been a challenge.

And I am not complaining. I am looking forward to standing back up.

*whining over*

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I may...But I have to get back in gear...anything would be good at this point. I am not trying to make excuses, but I am making excuses...I have had some life changjng events with my dad having a stroke and I have had to do A LOT of physical labor because of it over the past 10 weeks. My fitbit has routinely logged 5,000+ calorie days in this timeframe which is a ton for me. This would sound great, especially for fat loss, but it has been construction, trash removal, etc. - and no focus at all on eating right, just whatever food I have time for. It has raised my idea of what exhaustion is, which I will carry forward for all time I hope.

I have lost considerable strength, gained a little fat, and am feeling very very over exhausted. I am actually looking forward to getting back in the gym. I was thinking of going the last couple days...but figured I need to recover. The pain I have been in has been so much that I stopped feeling it, except after I stop moving.

I tried to do some pull ups yestersay. I got 5...thats it. So I just kept going with short breaks until I could only do 1...and kept taking a break and doing 1 more. I probably only did 30 pull ups..and I felt fine today, until I went to do another pull up and realized even just hanging from the bar and stretching my torso caised DOMS all over I hadn't realized. I fought through and got 5 more..but it has been a challenge.

And I am not complaining. I am looking forward to standing back up.

*whining over*
You taking an adaptogen? If not, should help you some.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You taking an adaptogen? If not, should help you some.
I wasn't. Honestly, I stopped my entire routine. No vitamins, no protein powders, etc. I just staryed Vitamin D and Fish pild about 4 days ago. 2 nights ago I finally had a new supply in and started taking Zinc, Magnesium Glycinate, Melatonin, Gaba, P5P again before sleep. I also got some lemon balm and ashwagandha and added that in before bed.

Today I got some phosphatidylserine in.

Even after 2 days of the sleep aids I feel way better rested and coming back fast. I wasn't having trouble sleeping, I was exhausted, but as soon as morning would come I would wake up befire I had to and start thinking about what had to get done ans just jave to get going.

I am getting my diet back in order here as well, although not quite there yet.

I know I am whining but beyond venting it out, I really feel pretty good. The good you feel when you have been working hard and pulled out all the stops. Now I just need to take a step back, recover and take what I have learned about working hard and apply it with focus.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why not start with NO gym, just fasting? While fasting you will recover, get in ketosis, metabolism/insulin sensitivity gets up. Win-Win-Win.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Hey HGP, were you using anything for appetite suppression initially during your long fast?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey HGP, were you using anything for appetite suppression initially during your long fast?
No. You may not need anything because there is no hunger. As I understand, hunger is the feeling you get when on too low cals (not enough food). At zero cals, no hunger. BUT, after day 3 you will have cravings for TASTE. Anything that is not plain water or black coffee. Here I used a zero cal instant lemonade powder. At day 5 I heated a cup of water with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Burned my mouth badly but also killed my desire for any taste, LOL.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Lol nice. I think my mind is playing tricks on me...I start to get light headed during my fast and anxiety starts creeping in.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol nice. I think my mind is playing tricks on me...I start to get light headed during my fast and anxiety starts creeping in.
Its all in your head... You can endure weeks without food, just get an aggressive mindset about it. NO WAY your brain can trick you into eating! It will get easier, just fight!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks brother. I appreciate the encouragement.

What was the electrolyte mixture you were using?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks brother. I appreciate the encouragement.

What was the electrolyte mixture you were using?
I did it intuitive. 1/4 of a teaspoon salt 3-4 times a day in water with a bit of lemon juice (from actual lemon, 1/4 of a lemon). About 2gr of potassium/d from an electrolyte mix (Alacer).

Intra workout always with salt / potassium + a bit of lemon (mask's the taste). I once could hardly walk home due to cramps in ALL leg muscles.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Ok. Thank you.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. Thank you.
BTW, the cramps happened after my first workout after the fast. I was low on salt without knowing. While fasting NO gym and the salt regime I mentioned. After the fast, maybe even more salts to endure the gym.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Ok. I've been running alot to train for a couple distance races coming up. I may have to slow down on this for now. Although I really want to shed some fat, which will speed up my running.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. I've been running alot to train for a couple distance races coming up. I may have to slow down on this for now. Although I really want to shed some fat, which will speed up my running.
Can't do all at once. One -or the other. If you start fasting now, then run a marathon, you may end up doing that, instead of running:

Its not dancing, its cramping.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some runners do extremely well on keto due to the more calorie dense energy source. Would need to be fat adapted and train that way prior to a race tho.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some runners do extremely well on keto due to the more calorie dense energy source. Would need to be fat adapted and train that way prior to a race tho.
No idea if he can adapt so fast. Maybe doing a test run prior... I remember vividly how I was twisting myself like an earthworm while cramping up...