BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you.

I'm exceptionally smooth in person due to years of study and analysis of what "normal" behavior is, to learn how to get along and fit in with NT's. Alcohol also helps tremendously.

No one I associate with IRL has any idea that I'm basically an alien life form who can blend in and give the impression that I'm fully human. It's only when people really get to know me that the cracks in the facade start to appear.

Online, not so much... I can't really choose who or how I want to be perceived as online because I don't know my audience. So you just get me nearly unfiltered.
My dad has Aspergers, fully diagnosed by a psychologist when he and mum almost got divorced many years ago.

His understanding of human nature surpasses anyone I have met. He has the ability to manipulate intelligent people with such subtlety it takes years for them to realise - my sister is a doctor, head of emergency at her hospital, and she still falls for his little amusements.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definition is better

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Imo...day 5 looks the best
I agree although how you feel has to come into it. 5 days into fasting your probably starting to feel a bit rubbish (could be wrong). So I would take a bit more water weight and feeling great with food over that. It's like competition bodybuilders. 4% bodyfat, look out of this world but feel like they could die any second vs 8% bodyfat, feeling better and still looking better than 99% of the worlds population.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1.7 - 2.2 g per kg.

Your 200 g at 220 lbs is just 20 grams under your optimum intake on lifting days.
Unrelated to this quote.

I plan on doing a 3 day minimum fast, will the vegetable capsules of my supplements, or rice flower filler in my mineral supplement mess up the fast, or halt autophogy? One of my supps has 40mg mix of cumin and ginger; dont suppose any of that would illicit an insulin response?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Unrelated to this quote.

I plan on doing a 3 day minimum fast, will the vegetable capsules of my supplements, or rice flower filler in my mineral supplement mess up the fast, or halt autophogy? One of my supps has 40mg mix of cumin and ginger; dont suppose any of that would illicit an insulin response?
If there is calories in it probably. Whole point is to have as little input as possible. We are not smarter than our bodies. Let it do it’s thing :)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If there is calories in it probably. Whole point is to have as little input as possible. We are not smarter than our bodies. Let it do it’s thing :)
Want to make sure I get in minerals is all. Any fast I do without minerals, and I get sluggish, and brain fog.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have ZMK, and the filler is rice flower.
On a fast, Spurfy mentioned that zink supplementation can make you feel like sh1t. Maybe ZMK is not such a good idea.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On a fast, Spurfy mentioned that zink supplementation can make you feel like sh1t. Maybe ZMK is not such a good idea.
I thought because zinc displaces copper and magnesium? But if one is getting proper copper and magnesium it might not be a problem? I'm not sure. Spurfy needs to get here stat.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9

Weight this morning was 94.6 kg (208.5 lbs). I had my IF meals right before bed and still had no bowl movement.
Considering this, weight is the same as yesterday. Feeding window was 21/3 instead of 22/2 -after learning that I needed more protein (2.4 gr x kg BW).

After my first training, arms are more flat then before, it drained all the glycogen out of my muscles. Well, its not a body building competition but a diet, have to get used to that new flat me, for awhile.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9

Weight this morning was 94.6 kg (208.5 lbs). I had my IF meals right before bed and still had no bowl movement.
Considering this, weight is the same as yesterday. Feeding window was 21/3 instead of 22/2 -after learning that I needed more protein (2.4 gr x kg BW).

After my first training, arms are more flat then before, it drained all the glycogen out of my muscles. Well, its not a body building competition but a diet, have to get used to that new flat me, for awhile.
You know it's there but you still feel that maybe, just maybe you've lost some muscle tissue and then you realize you're on steroids and that even if you did everything will be just fine :D

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You know it's there but you still feel that maybe, just maybe you've lost some muscle tissue and then you realize you're on steroids and that even if you did everything will be just fine :D
Don't mess with his mind xD.. Lol. Definitely did not lose any muscle, especially with gear. Ketones are muscle protective, muscle sparing.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't mess with his mind xD.. Lol. Definitely did not lose any muscle, especially with gear. Ketones are muscle protective, muscle sparing.
Honestly? YES. Its a constant fear to loose muscles. Muscles are currency. You get it after long hours in the gym. Who wants to lose money?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

When i fast and eat clean keto this kinda happens to me too. Ive always thought of it as if every thing you eat is necessary nutrients so there is very little waste. But its also crazy to eat a steak and a pound of broccoli and not have to take a dump the next day. Your body is becoming efficient and you are eliminating a lot of unneeded calories.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly? YES. Its a constant fear to loose muscles. Muscles are currency. You get it after long hours in the gym. Who wants to lose money?
Eat more salt. You may appear more full.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reading on CKD.
Not getting the info I'm looking for, like:
CKD 6/1:
-After a day of carb backloading, how long will it take to get in ketosis afterwards?

Its for the future. Right now its pure keto + IF.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Reading on CKD.
Not getting the info I'm looking for, like:
CKD 6/1:
-After a day of carb backloading, how long will it take to get in ketosis afterwards?

Its for the future. Right now its pure keto + IF.
Since you are glycogen depleted, you should be back in ketosis a few hours after your carb meal. Once you sleep, and wake up, you are barely in ketosis because of the dawn effect naturally, but ketones will rise again as the day goes. I have done plenty of ketone experiments on myself.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, since you are adding carbs later, rather than now, your body will be better adapted to fat, making you metabolically flexible. Switching between carbs and fats will be a lot easier for your body.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since you are glycogen depleted, you should be back in ketosis a few hours after your carb meal. Once you sleep, and wake up, you are barely in ketosis because of the dawn effect naturally, but ketones will rise again as the day goes. I have done plenty of ketone experiments on myself.
Lets say you will show off to chicks on a Friday night. When would you carb backload and which day would be your last training day before meeting the chicks? You want to look best on Friday night. Hehe!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lets say you will show off to chicks on a Friday night. When would you carb backload and which day would be your last training day before meeting the chicks? You want to look best on Friday night. Hehe!
If your workouts are intense, you can honestly eat carbs for dinner every day you train. That is what I did personally. That is carb backloading protocol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your workouts are intense, you can honestly eat carbs for dinner every day you train. That is what I did personally. That is carb backloading protocol.
Nah, not going down that road, I need something more rigorous to cling to. I want to look best 1 day per week.What should I do (besides getting a face transplant).

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nah, not going down that road, I need something more rigorous to cling to. I want to look best 1 day per week.What should I do (besides getting a face transplant).
Ok. In that case. The day before you want to look nice, you must stick with high protein, and high high glycemic carbs. Keep fat low when you have that meal. Next day, you will look great. And yes, for that meal, A LOT of high glycemic carbs.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No low glycemic carbs for CKD. If you do, will mess up ketosis due to slow release.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. In that case. The day before you want to look nice, you must stick with high protein, and high high glycemic carbs. Keep fat low when you have that meal. Next day, you will look great. And yes, for that meal, A LOT of high glycemic carbs.
The high glycemic carb loading AFTER the last workout on Thursday, right?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that's true but the thing is that when on something like deca you'll get back on track and even above what you were before. Weight also means nothing, its the mirror that tells you where you're at.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is the problem. What the hell should I eat. In my house all food sources are health optimized. The pasta and rice is whole wheat, no chocolate anywhere, tons of fruits (would have to eat a truck load). Can't think of a high glycemic food source.
Would need to get the "toxic stuff", like white pasta in the supermarket and some skittles, right?
Now considering to get me Karbolyn, what do you think?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here is the problem. What the hell should I eat. In my house all food sources are health optimized. The pasta and rice is whole wheat, no chocolate anywhere, tons of fruits (would have to eat a truck load). Can't think of a high glycemic food source.
Would need to get the "toxic stuff", like white pasta in the supermarket and some skittles, right?
Get white pastas, white rice, flour (deep fry some food), ice cream, bake cookies. I know it goes against all conventional diets lol, but for the backloading to work, it has to be the "bad carbs".

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I thought because zinc displaces copper and magnesium? But if one is getting proper copper and magnesium it might not be a problem? I'm not sure. Spurfy needs to get here stat.
Zinc is a very strong stomach irritant. Taking it without food is likely to give you the worst nausea you’ve ever had, followed quickly by the best vomiting you’ve ever had.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get white pastas, white rice, flour (deep fry some food), ice cream, bake cookies. I know it goes against all conventional diets lol, but for the backloading to work, it has to be the "bad carbs".
Yes, its really weird, LOL. In 17 days is a big rave party, that is why I ask. I may be too old for this -have to compensate my physiognomy with my physique.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Zinc is a very strong stomach irritant. Taking it without food is likely to give you the worst nausea you’ve ever had, followed quickly by the best vomiting you’ve ever had.
Oh, if that is the case, fortunately I have an iron gut. Can you answer my other question pertaining to autophogy?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I see losing muscle on a cut as putting earned money in a safe box. It’s not on you and you can’t see it or do anything with it right there and then but you can get it back far easier than earning it from scratch again.....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see losing muscle on a cut as putting earned money in a safe box. It’s not on you and you can’t see it or do anything with it right there and then but you can get it back far easier than earning it from scratch again.....
True.

The fear of losing muscles was actually very prominent in me, until I saw that video about fasting.
In the past I just couldn't reconcile a low caloric diet with going to the gym, as my first thought always were : "Why do I put effort in lifting when I cant grow anything from it in a deficit?" I knew I had to decide for either losing fat -or gaining muscles but it ended always with me being paranoid about it.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Meat and vegetables. If you get low on energy, fat bomb.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
He is talking about the carb loading night.
Oh. Well then. Just nothing so complex that itll stay on you too long! Of course, be careful. After my forst time coming off keto i broke with a pecan roll. It was delicious but it made me sick. So be careful! Not too complex, but not a soda either

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh. Well then. Just nothing so complex that itll stay on you too long! Of course, be careful. After my forst time coming off keto i broke with a pecan roll. It was delicious but it made me sick. So be careful! Not too complex, but not a soda either
Lol. On my carb nights I have soda, pasta, white rice, brownies. Because i have been in ketosis so long, and am insulin sensetive, doesn't mess my gut up, or blood sugar. No hype issues. No stunted energy levels. Its awesome.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's mental, so all the stuff HGP has been criticising all this time. At least it'll be once per week. So, you were eating this stuff daily because your workouts were intense enough.

Would be a nightmare for someone who suffers cravings but then, every diet is a major exercise in self control.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Carb backloading is amazing for growth but triggers me to want to eat that way more often. I start slipping. My favorite carb backload meal was chocolate whey in low fat chocolate milk poured over coco rice crispies ?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's mental, so all the stuff HGP has been criticising all this time. At least it'll be once per week. So, you were eating this stuff daily because your workouts were intense enough.

Would be a nightmare for someone who suffers cravings but then, every diet is a major exercise in self control.
Yes, you have to have discipline to do carb backloading. I am doing a 3 day fast now, and am switching back over to regular keto temporarily before doing ckd again. Wife is going keto, and I got to support her by doing strict keto with her.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Carb backloading is amazing for growth but triggers me to want to eat that way more often. I start slipping. My favorite carb backload meal was chocolate whey in low fat chocolate milk poured over coco rice crispies ?
That would do it alright... Hell sprinkle sugar on top.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes, exactly. I don't have this "toxic" stuff even in the house, none of it. My whole family switched bad habits, because of me getting conscious about it.

By the way, since I started coaching my daughter (together with the new family nutrition). Yesterday she did 4 good form push ups, formerly 0. She did 12 smith squats with great depth, formerly 3. The week I went on the fast was her deloading week, it worked wonders!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I do keto during the week with higher rep bodyweight workouts. Complex carb up on fridays before saturday and sunday grueling lifts and eating whatever i want after my meat and veggies. But im always in a light ketosis by monday afternoon. Went well, but i think im gunna have to stay more complex and measured with my weekend carbs to finally finish this cut and maintain muscle doing it.