50 y/o Supplement Advice

4N6DOC

4N6DOC

Awards
Getting back into lifting after a couple of years off, I am currently prescribed clomid (12.5 mg M,W,F) and anastrazole (1 mg M,W,F) for test boosting.
Most recent labs
Test - 565 ng/dL
Free test - 119.2 pg/mL
Estrogen - 109 pg/mL

Was going to start supplementing with creatine, HMB, and ZMA but wanted to see if there is anything else out there I should try.
Want to stick with natural.
For pre-workout was going to use Alpha Lion Super Human Pump. Appreciate opinions on this.

Are there any natural anabolics that work well?

Would a test booster be of any use?

Would cortisol control be of use?

Thanks in advance for any product recommendations and advice.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Was going to start supplementing with creatine, HMB, and ZMA but wanted to see if there is anything else out there I should try.
For pre-workout was going to use Alpha Lion Super Human Pump. Appreciate opinions on this.

as far as your hormone profile goes, I'll let the resident chemists and experts chime in. But for natural boosters that I love, here are some of my staples. The first one, I love and recommend to absolutely everyone.

XPG Alpha Gel
Anabolic Effect
Anabolic XT
Phosphatidic Acid XT

For preWO, my usual staple is Pump Addict by Muscle Addiction
For added libido fun

SNS Tribulus
SNS Pine Pollen

all of these are also products I get from board sponsor @sns8778
he may also have additional suggestions for you.

I only recently brought creatine back in for fun, but hit most of my lifetime PRs last year without it.
I tried HMB a long time ago but don't anymore (no reason, I just don't).
I tend to throw down some ZMA to improve sleep quality when I need it, but Alpha Gel and the higher quality work outs I get on the above list tend to cover me there. ZMA can help male sexual health, but I think I get that also from the above products and the occasional dosing of Orchid Extract. Either Swansons which is dirt cheap, or the ridiculously priced Liver Kings product is also actually pretty good. but way too expensive to me

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Will second:
Anabolic Effect
Anabolic XT
Phosphatidic Acid XT

And you may like Apex Alchemy topical Epichaos (best Epicatechin product imo). I find this really works well for us "older" folks.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks bot

Yea have a look into Apex-alchemy products, we have some serious options for training and more importantly health~

I second Epichaos, its awesome but will add Ursa major and Triton for a complete domination in the gym and over your body composition.

4N6DOC

4N6DOC

Awards
Thanks for the recommendations. Are you stacking these supplements or using then independently?

looking to stay stim free on the pre workout since I will be lifting in the evenings.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the recommendations. Are you stacking these supplements or using then independently?

looking to stay stim free on the pre workout since I will be lifting in the evenings.
You can stack any of these, but its probably best to stick with one for a couple of weeks before introducing another so you can get a feel for it independently or so you can judge how its working compared to adding another supplement.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I literally have a bottle of apex epichaos sitting 12" from me right now lol
and next to that is a bottle of apex triton I used today ;)
I love the immediate pump and "on" feeling of epichaos - right after I put it on my forearms.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Getting back into lifting after a couple of years off, I am currently prescribed clomid (12.5 mg M,W,F) and anastrazole (1 mg M,W,F) for test boosting.
Most recent labs
Test - 565 ng/dL
Free test - 119.2 pg/mL
Estrogen - 109 pg/mL

Would a test booster be of any use?

Would cortisol control be of use?

Thanks in advance for any product recommendations and advice.
@Dustin07 had some great suggestions above.

Personally, for a stimulant free pre-workout, I love Super Swole - https://competitiveedgelabs.com/product/super-swole-capsules/

For creatine, I can't do creatine monohydrate because it bloats me badly and causes me to hold fluid, so I use Creatine HCI. It's great because it requires a much lower dosage and there is no bloating or fluid retention.
For natural testosterone boosters, there are a lot of great options. I personally stack M-Test and Optimize-T, but will include links for those plus more down below.

There are a lot of natural anabolics that people really enjoy and have great results with. Here would be my favorites:
For natural testosterone boosters:
For Cortisol Control:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Think a lot of what I like is already covered, but I'd add extra emphasis on something like Pepti-Plex. It is quite effective at enhancing many different pathways to keep "gains" flowing more effectively during aging when some of these specific pathways start to become less "effective" at producing an adequate response to training. It is probably the most effective thing I've been using recently at making me feel my training is all around more beneficial.

Will second:
Anabolic Effect
Anabolic XT
Phosphatidic Acid XT

And you may like Apex Alchemy topical Epichaos (best Epicatechin product imo). I find this really works well for us "older" folks.
Ya epicatechin is pretty cool in that regards. Enhancing endothelial health and upregulating certain stimulus to help boost training response as we age in particular. I really need to pick up some of the newer Epi-Plex because the Vasoflo+ should only help enhance that or maybe if I get back into a topical mood some of XPG gel.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I stack pretty much everything. Although like right now I'm finishing up a long run of EpiAndroLean and will start back up on Optimize T. So my stack for the next 6 weeks or so will probably look like this:

At wake-up:
Optimize T
Alpha Gel
Tribulus
Pine Pollen

Later in the day or PreWO:
Anabolic Effect
Phosphatidic Acid XT
Arginine
Creatine

At night:
Orchic Extract

and now it looks like i'm going to have to order a bottle of Steves new XPG product, Carnitine. lol

The only reason I break up the timing on when I take those supplements above is because it's easier to get all those capsules in. I often have half my supplements at work with a shaker of water that I spike with either a greens powder, or collagen powder etc.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How is everyone cycling the natural anabolics?
You'll probably get varying opinions and it might depend specifically on the product.

That said I tend to cycle pretty much everything, just more for psychological reasons of feeling taking a break from things helps, even just if it is to appreciate its use more.

Generally though I'll just run most for the duration of whatever my planned training cycle is if it compliments my goals in the appropriate way. No need to worry about having to "cycle" at 4-8 weeks for most of these things.

4N6DOC

4N6DOC

Awards
Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of the body adapting to the supplements and switching it up every 8 to 12 weeks with different supplements that have different ingredients.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya again that will generally depend on the specific ingredients, but the majority of the time I don’t think it’s that big of an issue (definitely not nearly as big as some make it). Again I’m sure exceptions could be listed, but as a general rule length isn’t a huge issue and some of these ingredients probably should be run for longer time periods.

The old recommendations for things like that I feel stem from the old designer steroid days where companies maybe wanted their products to appear like those so they gave similar cycling recommendations.

I’ve been using Peptiplex for what has to be almost a year now.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of the body adapting to the supplements and switching it up every 8 to 12 weeks with different supplements that have different ingredients.
There are some things that your body may adapt to, but not most of them. What we think of sometimes as adapting to them is really just the results we get from them becoming our new normal and we get used to feeling the way we do on them.

The average I would say with most things for cycling on natural anabolics would be 12 to 20 weeks, if a person chooses to cycle them.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
FWIW, I am over 50 (boy, am I) and I am about to start the following stack:
  • XPG L-Carnitine Gel
  • CEL M-Test
  • SNS Amentoflavone XT
  • SNS Spilanthes XT
  • SNS Pine Pollen
  • SNS Tribulus-750

raquen

Awards
53 here. On androgel from my Doc, my test results are 500-880 depending on how diligent I am with applying the stuff

The question I have is can this be stacked with the recommendations made here?

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
53 here. On androgel from my Doc, my test results are 500-880 depending on how diligent I am with applying the stuff

Most definitely.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yes. A lot of people use many of the products that have been discussed here with Androgel or other forms of HRT.