Recomp time & supplements nweb (guidance/advice)

LimBios

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Howdy, I'm in my mid 20's and just getting back into a regular gym routine/diet since the pandemic hit (had a 3ish month return in the start of 21 but fell out). I still have some strength and have been following Nippard's Comeback program till I feel prepared to switch to a hypertrophy PPL or upper lower.

Current Goals:
Drop from estimated 16-18% bf, to 12-14% relatively quick (3 months?), while increasing or maintain lean mass with recomp.
Find effective, cost efficient and low maintenance supplement(s) with little to no adverse side effects.

I looked at saram's and Turk already - the saram's have undesirable sides and Turk seems like potential snake oil hype(?)

A lot of people seem to like AE on here
How will AE effect/enhance my recomp?
If I discontinue, will my gain evaporate?
Any supps that require zero brain energy to use in conjunction?
Side effects of AE and/or other recommended products you may have?

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Howdy, I'm in my mid 20's and just getting back into a regular gym routine/diet since the pandemic hit (had a 3ish month return in the start of 21 but fell out). I still have some strength and have been following Nippard's Comeback program till I feel prepared to switch to a hypertrophy PPL or upper lower.

Current Goals:
Drop from estimated 18% bf @ 175 to 12-14% relatively quick (3 months?), while increasing or maintain lean mass with recomp.
Find effective, cost efficient and low maintenance supplement(s) with little to no adverse side effects.

I looked at saram's and Turk already - the saram's have undesirable sides and Turk seems like potential snake oil hype(?)

A lot of people seem to like AE on here
How will AE effect/enhance my recomp?
If I discontinue, will my gain evaporate?
Any supps that require zero brain energy to use in conjunction?
Side effects of AE and/or other recommended products you may have?

Thank you for reading!
Soooo, your goal is a little unrealistic.

You absolutely can drop that bodyfat percentage in a few months, heck you could do it in 1 month. But your absolutely not going to maintain 175lbs bodyweight. That would require you Loosing about 7lbs of fat while simultaneously gaining 7lbs of muscle. That's a good goal to accomplish over a year or so if your fairly new to lifting weights or coming off a long break.

A much more realistic goal would be spending the next 3 months trying to loose about 15-20lbs and then focus on building muscle.

Recomp is the absolute hardest thing to do. Even on steroids it's extremely hard and naturally it will happen sooooooooooo slowly you will not even notice if it's working till a extremely long period of time goes by and you look back at old photos.

LimBios

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Soooo, your goal is a little unrealistic.

You absolutely can drop that bodyfat percentage in a few months, heck you could do it in 1 month. But your absolutely not going to maintain 175lbs bodyweight. That would require you Loosing about 7lbs of fat while simultaneously gaining 7lbs of muscle. That's a good goal to accomplish over a year or so if your fairly new to lifting weights or coming off a long break.

A much more realistic goal would be spending the next 3 months trying to loose about 15-20lbs and then focus on building muscle.

Recomp is the absolute hardest thing to do. Even on steroids it's extremely hard and naturally it will happen sooooooooooo slowly you will not even notice if it's working till a extremely long period of time goes by and you look back at old photos.
Oh my bad! I was saying I'm about 18% bf when I weigh 175lbs, I would like to go down in weight while preserving as much lean mass as I can (or potentially putting a little on since I'm untrained and adhering to a new diet?) This would result in me being around 160 ballpark, right?

I might be sub 18% now I'm at 169. At the time I hit 18% at 175 was a year ago after being sedentary for awhile.
Ill remove the weight part, kinda useless info.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes that's a good ballpark idea. And more realistic. Your diet is going to be the deciding factor on how much muscle you hold on to. If you get your diet tight and are loosing about 1lb per week you should have no problem holding on to muscle.

Honestly when someone is cutting from a higher bf% they don't really need to worry about losing muscle. It's when your bf% gets around 10% or lower that it becomes a problem.

A solid meal plan, good old creatine monohydrate and maybe some intra workout essential amino acids. That's about all I would suggest.

I don't have a lot of faith in the natural anabolics but some guys here swear by them so I will let someone else give some recommendations on that stuff.

Actually, these guys can help you, they have some good natty products

@Renew1
@xR1pp3Rx

LimBios

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes that's a good ballpark idea. And more realistic. Your diet is going to be the deciding factor on how much muscle you hold on to. If you get your diet tight and are loosing about 1lb per week you should have no problem holding on to muscle.

Honestly when someone is cutting from a higher bf% they don't really need to worry about losing muscle. It's when your bf% gets around 10% or lower that it becomes a problem.

A solid meal plan, good old creatine monohydrate and maybe some intra workout essential amino acids. That's about all I would suggest.

I don't have a lot of faith in the natural anabolics but some guys here swear by them so I will let someone else give some recommendations on that stuff.

Actually, these guys can help you, they have some good natty products

@Renew1
@xR1pp3Rx
Sweet, thank you for the advice! I didn't know the bf% factored into potential muscle loss. I'm running around 40/40/20 macros at 2200-2300cal/day working an active manufacturing job.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sweet, thank you for the advice! I didn't know the bf% factored into potential muscle loss. I'm running around 40/40/20 macros at 2200-2300cal/day working an active manufacturing job.
The the lower your bodyfat gets the more your body wants to hold the fat and get rid of muscle. Bodyfat is much more important to live then muscle is. So when you start getting into single digits of body fat, your body starts fighting back lol.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Flashpoint and Ursa Major are both excellent choices.

And right now, all of our products are BOGO FREE Mix and Match.
(Ursa Major is so popular, that it often quickly goes out of stock during a BOGO FREE Sale. ... And that's currently the case).

... And always feel free to send me a message with questions, or seeking advice/recommendations.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Before looking to supplements, work on your diet an exercise. If you can’t gain without assistance, your gains with assistance will be reduced and you’ll have less chance to hold on to it. Get that sorted first.

Anabolic effect is definitely good, lots of guys here will vouch for it. The Apex stuff is top notch too, I just ordered some on the sale, but this is my first go with their stuff. There’s many different routes to go, but I’d focus on “laying the foundation” as it were, and take the time to look into what you want to try in the future.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Before looking to supplements, work on your diet an exercise. If you can’t gain without assistance, your gains with assistance will be reduced and you’ll have less chance to hold on to it. Get that sorted first.
This is good advice. Diet and exercise is key to success. As far as supps, start here first.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is good advice. Diet and exercise is key to success. As far as supps, start here first.
I spent a long time trying to out exercise and out supplement a crappy diet. Soon as I finally realized how to plan my diet accordingly everything finally clicked. 6 weeks on a proper meal plan was bringing 6 months worth of results on a crappy diet

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I spent a long time trying to out exercise and out supplement a crappy diet. Soon as I finally realized how to plan my diet accordingly everything finally clicked. 6 weeks on a proper meal plan was bringing 6 months worth of results on a crappy diet
This is so the truth. Diet is my Achilles heal. I work ever changing hours and have health issues that making prepping difficult. (Autoimmune that is effected by certain foods and histamines) when in check I kill it. Now with one surgery down and another possible coming soon on shoulder, I’m just a lump.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is so the truth. Diet is my Achilles heal. I work ever changing hours and have health issues that making prepping difficult. (Autoimmune that is effected by certain foods and histamines) when in check I kill it. Now with one surgery down and another possible coming soon on shoulder, I’m just a lump.
Hang in there buddy, when I'm having a hard time sticking to a meal plan I simply everything the most I can. So il buy a ton of say chicken, steak and rice. Il pick up a couple good low calorie sauces too.

Grill up a ton of chicken and steak and put them in Tupperware containers in the fridge and then when it's time to leave for work in the morning steak and rice and one container chicken and rice in the other container and pick a random sauce for the day.

Maybe the next day I'll slice a bunch of that chicken up into strips and fill up a bag with cucumber sticks and baby carrots and pack a little greek yogurt dipping sauce with some buffalo mixed in it. Then il eat my steak meal with rice and pick a new sauce.

Nothing groundbreaking but what I'm getting at is give yourself away to make all kinds of different meal choices out of a few basic ingredients.

If you know you're going to be rushing around that day protein powder and a shaker cup and pack a piece of fruit.

You could also make yourself some overnight oats, stick those in the fridge so they're ready to go first thing in the morning.

Where there's a will there's a way, it's still pretty fukin annoying but we gotta do whatever we can to make these things simpler and easier to stick to. Sometimes you just got to go back to eating a basic three meals a day.

The best diet is the one that you can stick to the longest

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I used talk to text write that whole post so if there's any screwy words that's why LOL

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used talk to text write that whole post so if there's any screwy words that's why LOL
Appreciated the support .