2016 NFL Thread

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zeke had about 50 yards on 20 carries. While not great Dak played very good for a first start in the NFL. Hats off to him and how well he was composed even on that final drive.
I thought Dak was mediocre after going back to watch. He took the easy underneath throws and looked like scared under pressure. He strung together long drives but walked away with 9 pts instead of 21. Small sample size, but his debut was meh. Under 60% completion, no TD. Very backup/game manager-esque

Zeke was also meh. He's not a first down back at this stage. Morris outplayed Zeke on way fewer carries. He's crazy strong and looks damn good behind that OL.

Wonder if Jerrah tints those windows now

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Dak was mediocre after going back to watch. He took the easy underneath throws and looked like scared under pressure. He strung together long drives but walked away with 9 pts instead of 21. Small sample size, but his debut was meh. Under 60% completion, no TD. Very backup/game manager-esque

Zeke was also meh. He's not a first down back at this stage. Morris outplayed Zeke on way fewer carries. He's crazy strong and looks damn good behind that OL.

Wonder if Jerrah tints those windows now
I thought they did ok, considering Dak wasn't the predicted starter all off-season. Jameis and Marriotta started slow last year (except Marcus was fire his first game) and that was with them getting all the offseason play.

OTH, I hope the Cowboys suck all year. lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RGIII out for at least 8 weeks due to IR placement. i feel bad when guys get hurt, but he needs to learn to slide. That's what he gets for lowering his shoulder, trying to pop the DB

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
RGIII out for at least 8 weeks due to IR placement. i feel bad when guys get hurt, but he needs to learn to slide. That's what he gets for lowering his shoulder, trying to pop the DB
After all of his knee injuries now this..
brb be on the 3rd string QB, and finding a 26th new starting QB by next year.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well horrible first week for me. My bills look horrible and my money league, Wilson, Watkins and rg3 all got hurt. So looks like gabbert going forward lol
Haha i feel bad now my fantasy was team on fire this week. I scored 133. I wasnt even hoping for to much because i actually forgot about the draft and had auto pick. So ended changing and dropping some and picking up some good low key guys and well i guess it worked.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My team did **** this week.

Robinson with nothing, OBJ with nothing, Rivers screwed for the season with Allen gone.

Gonna be rough

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Robinson with nothing, OBJ with nothing, Rivers screwed for the season with Allen gone.

Gonna be rough
I had Allen, Rivers, Robinson, and OBJ Lolz. Got murdered.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Gonna be rough
See if you trick someone to give you brown for obj. Its not that unlikely as obj is a more known are respected (for whatever reason), by most unknowledgeable joes; but browns going to get insane points game in and game out

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See if you trick someone to give you brown for obj. Its not that unlikely as obj is a more known are respected (for whatever reason), by most unknowledgeable joes; but browns going to get insane points game in and game out
Person who has Brown is a huge Steelers fan.

I had him last year, but he was drafted 1 pick before me so I took OBJ.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And without Rivers I'm SOL at QB for a few weeks.

I've got Winston, but his matchups for the next couple of weeks are rough....

I need Bell to quit being suspended lol.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Oh nice you got bell and winston i think those to will get lots of points after the next 2 weeks but for difference reason

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a lot more mouths to feed in NY than in Pits. Brown vs OBJ/Cruz/Shepherd.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are a lot more mouths to feed in NY than in Pits. Brown vs OBJ/Cruz/Shepherd.
Truu. Ben will make Wheaton, Coates, and James household names by the end of the year as well, but he always knows where Brown is and will throw to him when in doubt.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Truu. Ben will make Wheaton, Coates, and James household names by the end of the year as well, but he always knows where Brown is and will throw to him when in doubt.
Not sold on Wheaton. He had every opportunity last year to take the WR2 job from Bryant and dropped every single chance. The potential is there but some guys never live up to their potential.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sold on Wheaton. He had every opportunity last year to take the WR2 job from Bryant and dropped every single chance. The potential is there but some guys never live up to their potential.
I think he'll do just fine, but you could well be right. To me, Bryant is one hell of a #2 and Wheaton a hell of a #3. Hard to beat out a guy 6'5" and has an uncanny habit of taking shyt to the house. Even if he tends to drop easy catches with his THC attention span. I'm remembering when we had Sanders as #3, wish we could have kept him but it simply wasn't feasible.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No Brady, Gronk, or OL and the Pats find a way to beat the Cards. I figured that they would probably lose, and I'm not confident in Boomer's prediction in link below, but I'd think it's hard to deny how well the coaching/system works (no matter how much you hate them).

https://www.google.com/amp/boston.cbslocal.com/2016/09/12/boomer-esiason-on-toucher-and-rich-another-16-0-season-for-patriots/amp/?client=safari
I wouldn't doubt it, honestly. The schedule is pretty soft for them (it helps that the division is weak), and Belichick is one hell of a coach.

That's why I don't believe Brady is as good as people say he is (mostly that Peyton was the better QB. ). Peyton had the better stats, and, more importantly, without him the colts were the worst team in the league (2-14). Without Brady the pats still went 11-5.

Belichick can win with anyone under center, his system is very effective.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Steelers with a big W last night on the road
SF looking very impressive with the shutout.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Washington Redskins' defensive front did not have a strong start, so the Redskins are turning to a veteran for reinforcement.

One day after losing to Pittsburgh 38-16, the Redskins will re-sign veteran end Cullen Jenkins, a source confirmed.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No Brady, Gronk, or OL and the Pats find a way to beat the Cards. I figured that they would probably lose, and I'm not confident in Boomer's prediction in link below, but I'd think it's hard to deny how well the coaching/system works (no matter how much you hate them).

https://www.google.com/amp/boston.cbslocal.com/2016/09/12/boomer-esiason-on-toucher-and-rich-another-16-0-season-for-patriots/amp/?client=safari
I rarely use the word hate. But I hate the patriots with every ounce I have. It's like someone in that organization must have sold their souls bc nothing seems to make them even an average team

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone else think that the steelers D finally looks good again? I know it's early but i have high hopes. That offense with a good D will be hard to beat

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They looked good vs skins but played way too much zone for my liking. Yet I think that was simply matchup based, so I'm expecting them to defend to competition each week. Very smart strategy actually. I think they'll be in sb conversation all season

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They looked good vs skins but played way too much zone for my liking. Yet I think that was simply matchup based, so I'm expecting them to defend to competition each week. Very smart strategy actually. I think they'll be in sb conversation all season
Thats like music to my ears.

Btw are you a steelers fan?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah I'm a bills fan. (Cue the laugh track). Lol. But that said I've had to learn to just watch games and appreciate teams that just get it and put great products on the field. Except for pats, screw them. Bi fan of your offense, bens one of my fav qbs and Harrison is still the man

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah I'm a bills fan. (Cue the laugh track). Lol. But that said I've had to learn to just watch games and appreciate teams that just get it and put great products on the field. Except for pats, screw them. Bi fan of your offense, bens one of my fav qbs and Harrison is still the man
See now i like what you said even more :). Ya the bills are kinda a joke right now but blame that on rex ryan. I cant see him making even through the rest of this season, thb

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah. They're so stubborn it's stupid. This past week for example. Baltimore is terrible in secondary and stout vs run. So what do bills do. Take no deep shots and run 70% of time.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think Winston will be ok.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone else think that the steelers D finally looks good again? I know it's early but i have high hopes. That offense with a good D will be hard to beat
it was the redskins... Lets not get out hopes up yet.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NFL fines Broncos' Darian Stewart, Brandon Marshall for hits to Cam Newton

Stewart has been fined $18,231 by the NFL,
Marshall, whose hit in the third quarter was not flagged, was fined $24,309 for impermissible use of a helmet, a source told ESPN.

New York Giants wide receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Victor Cruz will not be fined for wearing 9/11-themed cleats during Sunday's opener against the Dallas Cowboys, according to a source. Sunday marked the 15th anniversary of the September 11 attacks that took thousands of lives.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Winston will be ok.
Against the panthers twice, Broncos once, and Seahawks too?

Those aren't dream matchups for any fantasy QB, let alone an inconsistent one on an inconsistent team....

Not even mentioning the Cardinals, Chiefs, and Rams (if they get their **** together).

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Those aren't dream matchups for any fantasy QB, let alone an inconsistent one on an inconsistent team....

Not even mentioning the Cardinals, Chiefs, and Rams (if they get their **** together).
Winston and Tampas whole offense is much improved their oline is the weak point there and the defense as a whole is also pretty weak. I definitely think youll be fine sure its not ideal

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yeah. This isn't last year. Maybe not have stellar numbers against all those games, especially the BRONCOS and Seahawks, but I think he'll be more consistent than last year.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I picked up Flacco for this week, Winston was my only QB. Not that I don't trust Winston and that offense this week, I have Mike Evans too, but Flacco is facing the Browns.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I picked up Flacco for this week, Winston was my only QB. Not that I don't trust Winston and that offense this week, I have Mike Evans too, but Flacco is facing the Browns.
Good choose it would be hard not to have good numbers against the browns

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank god Wilson is gonna play, now I at least can fill out both qb spots, even if the other is gabbert lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like the Bills will be without one of their top o linemen. Let's see if the Jets D can get some sacks tonight!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like the Bills will be without one of their top o linemen. Let's see if the Jets D can get some sacks tonight!
Sammy L Watkins is supposed to play. Wonder how effective he will be.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sammy will play. Hell b fine. Prob is oline got abused by Baltimore and jets front are much better. Bills r so dumb tho they'll just try to pound rock and it'll b a long night. I'm just hoping fitz has a bad game and we can keep it close and pull it out. Way too early to start thinking about next year

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
-The Saints cut RB CJ Spiller.
- Jags RB Chris Ivory was released from the hospital yesterday....from his 'general illness' which is still weird. Status for Sunday is unknown.
-Giants released K Randy Bullock...as K Josh Brown has served his 1-gm suspension
-Apparently there is whispers that Viks QB Sam Bradford may start this week.....but Zimmer is keeping his mouth shut about it.
-Dolphins RB Arian Foster sat out of practice with a hamstring issue...its being called 'soreness' and considered minor.
-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says that Thomas Rawls will start this week.
-Chargers rookie Joey Bosa sat again yesterday with the hamstring issue. Status for Sunday is unknown.
-Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles worked with the scout team yesterday....strong indication that he wont be ready for Sunday. Club also released CB KeiVare Russell
-Bills OT Cordy Glenn out tonight vs Jets with an ankle sprain. WR Sammy Watkins also battling an ankle/foot injury but says he will play.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What happened? Currently at my gmas who is watching Mountain Men (great show, but I'd obviously rather be watching the game lol).

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We might b worst team ever

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to see Brandon Marshall which looked like a MCL/ACL Tear come back and play. Man that looked ugly.
Great game and huge surge by the bills but could not wrap it up.
Big W For the Jets on the road.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see Brandon Marshall which looked like a MCL/ACL Tear come back and play. Man that looked ugly.
Great game and huge surge by the bills but could not wrap it up.
Big W For the Jets on the road.
That surge was so fabricated. We made five plays of note all game. Totally dominated in all areas of the ball. The jets played so lax on that last td they deserved to have lost just for giving us the chance st the end of the game

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bills fire Greg Roman woohoo

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That surge was so fabricated. We made five plays of note all game. Totally dominated in all areas of the ball. The jets played so lax on that last td they deserved to have lost just for giving us the chance st the end of the game
Lol...no. The Bills couldnt stop the run, or the pass for that matter. The Bills deserved to lose that game 1000% with that ****ty defense alone. Almost 500 yards of total offense and 28 first downs given up...