Hair loss products

Michass90

Awards
Czy ktoś brał jednocześnie minoksydyl i finasteryd, a następnie przeszedł na tylko jeden?
[/CYTAT]

Yes . first I started using minoxidil 5% and after a week I saw a difference, then Finasteride came, my hair has changed beyond recognition, but after some time I got off Finasteride and stayed on minoxidil alone and the effects are still great. I think Finasteride adds such icing on the cake

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's insane

12 months here, nothing so I may stop.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That's insane

12 months here, nothing so I may stop.
In one of your posts you said you' re seeing solid results, in another you say you're losing ground???

Which is it? Progress or no?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe I would if I were you!
I'm worried now, all I can do is either add microneedling or switch to oral.

In one of your posts you said you' re seeing solid results, in another you say you're losing ground???

Which is it? Progress or no?
Where did I say I was making progress? I've never written that.

I took finasteride for a year, nothing no changes but sides and I've been using rogaine for now 12 months and I'm still losing ground.(I'm using topical finasteride too,maybe it's bulk lol)

I did buy RU, and I am considering oral minoxidil because it's meant to be more effective.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm worried now, all I can do is either add microneedling or switch to oral.

Where did I say I was making progre ss? I've never written that.

I took finasteride for a year, nothing no changes but sides and I've been using rogaine for now 12 months and I'm still losing ground.(I'm using topical finasteride too,maybe it's bulk lol)

I did buy RU, and I am considering oral minoxidil because it's meant to be more effective.
I never said you mentioned you were making progress. I was referring to your post of 16 June 2023 where you referred to a "combo" including Finasteride and concluded: " I think I've seen solid results overall" .

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never said you mentioned you were making progress. I was referring to your post of 16 June 2023 where you referred to a "combo" including Finasteride and concluded: " I think I've seen solid results overall" .
You must be confusing me with someone else.

I never posted on Jun 16, I just checked the history here.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I picked some of this up as my shedding has been pretty consistent this year; it has decent reviews:

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I took it for a year, noticed nothing. I stopped, maybe should of waited longer.

I take topical finasteride now, but I think overall that's not enough as I only use it on my hairline.

I think you need a combo these days
Finasteride
Rogaine
RU
Derma Rolling

If you can use those, I think I've seen solid results overall.
I dont think i was mistaken .This was posted by you. Note the last sentence.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I've seen overall results from others online.

Not myself.
I've never researched this stuff until recently but I keep seeing minoxidil is very popular and I just noticed that is a product in rogaine. I have the DHT blocking shampoo I mentioned above and have some minoxidil that just arrived in the mail, although most reviews say be prepared, it gets worse before it gets better.....

only downfall so far to the dht shampoo is you definitely want conditioner after lol, it leaves the hair feeling weirdly dry and matted

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Minoxidil's mode of action is entirely independent of DHT. That is why women can use it. It simply shortens the growth cycle of the hair follicle so it is in a mature phase for longer. I've used it both topically and orally for the express purpose of causing more hair to grow on my beard and all over my body. It has worked pretty well for that. I now have hairy monkey hands and forearms and my legs are way hairier. Some guys might freak out seeing it happen but I'm really happy that it's working for me. Since I started using it a couple of years ago, I lose way less hair from my beard and body in the shower. It used to rip out really easily when wet. This morning I only saw one tiny hair on the wash cloth after scrubbing my entire body, including my hairy legs, so it definitely makes the hair more resilient.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ha, no way in hell do I need more body hair but I'm trying to protect the stuff on top of my head for sure.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The gods are cruel. I have a thick ass head of hair at 57 and would like more on my body so I look less like a 12-year-old. I say bring on the DHT.

You have body hair galore and need it on your head. DHT is the last thing you need.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The gods are cruel. I have a thick ass head of hair at 57 and would like more on my body so I look less like a 12-year-old. I say bring on the DHT.

You have body hair galore and need it on your head. DHT is the last thing you need.
its true lol.
I had some good shedding back in 2019 when I was running a second biz but it stopped when the stress stopped. this year it came back in the spring and didn't really let up so I'm thinking this time it's the real deal.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently using ru58841. Will post back with results..... If any lol.

Seems to have a decent review though. Also. Unlike finasteride. Ru58841 blocks all androgens and not just DHT. Testosterone also causes hair loss

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently using ru58841. Will post back with results..... If any lol.

Seems to have a decent review though. Also. Unlike finasteride. Ru58841 blocks all androgens and not just DHT. Testosterone also causes hair loss
Yeah, I bought 7 months worth.

I will start using next week too!

AvaBlake

AvaBlake

Awards
I've heard mixed reviews about finasteride and minoxidil topical products. Some folks swear by them, and others say they didn't notice much of a difference. If you're going down this route, you might want to consult a dermatologist just to make sure it's the right fit for you, especially if you have any medical conditions.

While you're researching products for hair loss, it's a good idea to also consider the health of your existing hair. Sometimes thinning can be exacerbated by poor hair health. For example, did you know you can actually overload your hair with too much protein, making it brittle and more prone to breakage? Learning how to fix too much protein in hair could be a parallel route to explore. Anyway, I hope this helps and gives you a couple more angles to consider.

Last edited:
zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Who is taking a hair loss product and how is it working? Considering trying a finasteride and minoxidil topical product, so doing my research to see if there’s anything that might be worth it. Let me know if I should save my money.

My hairline has really started thinning a lot more recently, and over the past 12 months I’ve developed a very thin crown.

I’ve always thought I would be able to handle shaving my head bald but now that it’s getting closer to reality, I’m thinking man, maybe I’m really not ready to do that quite yet. So, I’m willing to spend a little money to see if I can thicken it back up for awhile. Seems a little vain, but here I am 🤷‍♂️
The little known secret for hair loss and hair re-growth is Batana oil. You can find it at select small businesses in the USA. Wash your hair, rub some in your hands to soften it, massage plentifully in your hair, let it sit for an hour or more, then wash it out. Do this at-least once or twice a week.

Alternatively, if you're losing hair or shedding because of split-ends or dry hair (whether naturally, from anabolics, stress, medication, etc., etc.), you can also make your own mixture of castor oil, coconut oil and 5-10 drops of rosemary oil. Follow the same protocol as above. All easy to find.

Just make sure you're using shampoo and conditioners that are truly natural. Many of them have SLS and other derivatives of chemicals that literally kill hair follicles. Finding truly natural "beauty products" is probably one of the most difficult things. The industry is a total cesspool and a hot mess. But, they do exist.

Last edited:
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got a prescription for oral minox, but then saw mention of its effect on collagen production? Is there anything to this?

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
Hims makes a chewable that contains finasteride, minox, and hair vitamins. Great all in one product

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I had to switch to oral finasteride and oral minox because topicals were causing too much irritation. Glad they finally made an all in one product
Yeah, my mate said too.

His biggest concern is with oral monoxidil is its interaction with phe5 inhibitors as he uses them.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have recently added Rosemary & Castor Oil to my routine, 4-5 days a week leave it on for around an hour then wash it out and follow with minox, my hair seems to be so much stronger and way less hair fall... worth a shot.

The one I use is from Amazing Organics.

I am keen to try evomuse product when it gets released again

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any of you guys get terrible fatigue when using minoxidil?

Whenever I use it I get insane fatigue. I need to go for a sleep during my lunch break at work!

Had to stop.

Any minoxidil alternatives?

Last edited:

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anybof you guys get terrible fatigue when using minoxidil?

Whenever I use it I get insane fatigue. I need to go for a sleep during my lunch break at work!

Had to stop.

Any minoxidil alternatives?
Rosemary/peppermint oil or some kind of peptide serum and dermarolling

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rosemary/peppermint oil or some kind of peptide serum and dermarolling
I'm using the Ordinary Hair Serum just now?

I've got a Derma pen. I've never used it. Does it help? I've seen people talking about it in most hair loss videos.

1.5mm? Does it leave your scalp looking terrible?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I've got a Derma pen. I've never used it. Does it help? I've seen people talking about it in most hair loss videos.

I use 1.1-1.3mm on a dermapen and do it once a week before bed and had no issues with it, little bit red but not too bad. You dont want to press too hard. It works very well.

Try use rosemary oil (find a good product with a carier oil) 4-5 times a week, just like put it on for 30-60 mins and then wash it and use the hair serum as normal... see how that goes

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I have recently added Rosemary & Castor Oil to my routine, 4-5 days a week leave it on for around an hour then wash it out and follow with minox, my hair seems to be so much stronger and way less hair fall... worth a shot.

The one I use is from Amazing Organics.

Make a combination of these products.

There's probably a solid 5 to 8 ingredients you could make your own serum, and yeah, I think you'd be better if you could leave it in there at least three times a week for an hour.

Good example of a product, minus the pharmaceuticals in it.

Definitely add the peptides!

I'm basically going to spend a couple of hundred bucks, looking for the highest quality ingredients and then I'm going to measure and create my own serum.

You can also add drops of the serum to any natural shampoo or conditioner you use!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure @dsade has said the updated Virile Mane will probably never see the light of day. Unless something has changed recently...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure @dsade has said the updated Virile Mane will probably never see the light of day. Unless something has changed recently...
I'm releasing new betas, including new pathways, next week

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm releasing new betas, including new pathways, next week
Do you ship to the UK?

I could share photos. I've got terrible thinning. Classic male pattern baldness.

I won't lie. It's effecting my mental state very poorly I almost wear a hat everywhere I go and also in my work place.

Minoxidil makes me feel so lethargic. The fatigue is really bad. I just can't use it.

I would happily pay to ship this to the UK. Be happy to log it also?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Make a combination of these products.

There's probably a solid 5 to 8 ingredients you could make your own serum, and yeah, I think you'd be better if you could leave it in there at least three times a week for an hour.

Good example of a product, minus the pharmaceuticals in it.

Definitely add the peptides!

I'm basically going to spend a couple of hundred bucks, looking for the highest quality ingredients and then I'm going to measure and create my own serum.

You can also add drops of the serum to any natural shampoo or conditioner you use!
I seen this video the other day. It looks a good formulation.

I can't tolerate the minoxidil sadly. I've never tried topical finasteride though?

I need to look into making my own formulation. The ordinary one looks good. Good choice of ingredients. I don't know if it's strong enough for my hair loss though?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you ship to the UK?

I could share photos. I've got terrible thinning. Classic male pattern baldness.

I won't lie. It's effecting my mental state very poorly I almost wear a hat everywhere I go and also in my work place.

Minoxidil makes me feel so lethargic. The fatigue is really bad. I just can't use it.

I would happily pay to ship this to the UK. Be happy to log it also?
Yes. I'll make a thread in my forum when they are ready.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You losing hair?

What you currently using?

I just derma pen'd tonight. Scalp is on fire!
dont press too hard, you should only have a slightly red scalp and generally no blood. I prefer 1.1-1.3 mm with dermapen as I can go over spots more

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dont press too hard, you should only have a slightly red scalp and generally no blood. I prefer 1.1-1.3 mm with dermapen as I can go over spots more
I only used the 1mm setting?

My scalp has completely settled this morning. All good :)

I've read all positives about the derma rolling/pen in terms of growth.

I've took before photos and will take photos every few weeks.

It's an absolute nightmare battling with MPB!. I done my Genetic testing and I have terrible genes for hair loss.

I'm also on trt which I'm sure isn't helping.

I can't use any of the big needle movers. Minoxidil/finasteride :( Both make me feel terrible. Currently resorting to more natural means.

Hoping to see some growth or atleast a halt in loss.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
-evomuse has something.
-stem cells work for some situations. supposedly id have to wait a year before i can provide anecdotal feedback on that.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
-evomuse has something.
-stem cells work for some situations. supposedly id have to wait a year before i can provide anecdotal feedback on that.
I heard from some popular biohackers that we are 1-1.5 years away from actual stem cells that will create the follice/bulbs at injection site

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Sparta12 @bell1986

Considering a derma roller….What kind of schedule do you guys follow when using one? And any on amazon you could recommend? Thanx

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@Sparta12 @bell1986

Considering a derma roller….What kind of schedule do you guys follow when using one? And any on amazon you could recommend? Thanx
I've just started it so I'm no expert.

Looking around and listening to more plates more dates etc. 1.5mm once a week seems the best for results.

If your gonna purchase one. Go for a Derma pen. The rollers aren't consistent and puncture the skin at an angle.

I used 0.5mm just to see how my scalp reacted. Seemed fine so I used 1.5mm after that. Your scalp does go red and can bleed slightly so don't stress about that. It's normal. Your actually want to create trauma

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How often should dermaroller be replaced? I read at some p’aces that it should be replaced every like 10 uses. If this is the case it can be expensive if buying quality ones.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How often should dermaroller be replaced? I read at some p’aces that it should be replaced every like 10 uses. If this is the case it can be expensive if buying quality ones.
I would use a Pen, and to be honest the replacements are so cheap I'd never reuse personally.

I would do every 2 weeks, I wouldn't want to over do it and a lot of people forget or can't be bothered.

I haven't started yet, keep telling myself I will lol

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would use a Pen, and to be honest the replacements are so cheap I'd never reuse personally.

I would do every 2 weeks, I wouldn't want to over do it and a lot of people forget or can't be bothered.

I haven't started yet, keep telling myself I will lol
Yeh their cheap to buy. I personally will use mine for a few times. I've got hydrogen peroxide that I can dip the needles into and let dry. They should remain sharp for a few uses.

You should go for it? I had the fear at the start aswell. I first done a 0.5mm all over and see how I reacted. I then tried 1.5mm and yes it ain't comfortable but it lasts 30 seconds.

Derma pen seems to be the new hair loss addition that's got good studys and results behind them.

Give it a go

I would just do the pen and not add anything. No minoxidil etc. You don't want the minoxidil to go all systemic. The side effects will be bad.

Bob1983

Awards
I dermapen every 4 days 0.4mm and apply minox straight after. On the 3rd occasion I do 1mm with no minox then back to .4mm and repeat the cycle. I also apply topical Dutasteride the day before I dermapen. Have been following this dermapen routine for about 6 weeks and the topical dutasteride for about a year.