Heat Miser is Transcending Agedness With USPLabs/PES and NutraPlanet

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am embarking on a new cycle of training after returning from a 10 day rest and deconditioning period. Well, I did not rest much due to travel and activities but I have deconditioned to the point that it is calling me to hit it again. I have renewed motivation and enthusiasm. As well my last day of training was on my 43rd birthday.

I would like to thank my friend Mullet for the personalized and advanced USPLabs product application protocol. I have every confidence in USPlabs and even more confidence in Mullet.

As a result of my own personal dedication and motivation, USPlabs products and Mullets previous protocols and counsel I am already in the greatest shape of my life. I am at the leanest and heaviest I have ever been. This was achieved with sub part intensity to due my injury which has reached about 85% recovered in strength and size.

My goals are to continue to increase LBM while maintaining or decreasing body fat.

The following is an outline of my pre and post workout supplementation.

Upon Rising:
USPLabs Recreate™ - 2 caps
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 3 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 cap
SupperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap

+30 mins later intra w/o drink:
Xtend BCAA - 12.5g
NutraPlanet Leucine - 7g
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine - 3g
NutraPlanet Creatine Mono - 2.5g

During which time I will begin low intensity treadmill warm-up for 10-15mins followed by site specific stretching and warm-up for approximately 10 mins and I will dilute throughout workout and consume last bit upon the last set.

Last Resistance Training Set:
P-Slin™ - 1 cap
Begin 15 to 20 mins static moderate intensity treadmill

Immediate Post Work Out Shake:
Xtend BCAA - 12.5g
NutraPlanet Leucine - 7g
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine - 3g
NutraPlanet Creatine Mono - 2.5g
NutraPlanet KWICK KARB™ (Waxy Maize Starch) - 25 to 30g*

Second Post Workout Shake/Meal:
Ground oats - 25g*
Whey Protein Isolate - 50g

Throughout the day:
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 2 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 to 2 caps as needed
USPLabs Recreate™ - 1 to 2 caps as tolerated
SuperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap x 2

Pre bed:
NutraPlanets - USPLabs Certified:
1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol) - 1g cap x 2

*Waxy Maize Starch and ground oats serving sizes will be evaluated and adjusted up or down as desired, tolerated or goals are attained.

As tolerance to my USPLabs pre workout stack is assessed I may add in 1 to 2 caps of NutarPlanet TEA-GCG™ as well as the possibility 5-10mg of NutraPlanet Yohimbine bulk powder.

There are also your standard antioxidants such as NutraPlanets NAC and ALA as well as Multi-V, Vitamin E and Vitamin C, Policosanol, Niacin, Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna Bark), Fish Oil, Sesamin...and maybe a staple or two I am forgetting at this time.

Training routine and splits will be posted as each day is completed as time and motivation allows.

Stats as well as the possibility of pictures may be added at a later date.

Depending upon my progress and achievements there may also be a TD and/or oral pulse to maybe or maybe not be mentioned at a later date.

I am not sure of my frequency of updates. I have still many many remodel activities around the house. I have also begun to implement an Apprentice/Mentor program at my place of employment that has been quite fulfilling to me so my usual frequency of posting during my idle work time make decline considerable more. My function as Administrator and NutraPlanet rep will be maintained as well as is expected but my logging and social time may be diminishing.

Feel free to inquire or contribute as the next several days are my off days from work and I am more likely to be able to engage in dialog more freely.

This is ultimately a working, living breathing journal that may contain contributions from me that are irrelevant and or abstract in nature.

That is really my profile - irrelevant and abstract.

Thanks to NutraPlanet for carrying these fine products. Thanks to USPLabs for delivering these innovative and tremendously effective product to our retailer. Thanks to Mullet for the personalized protocol and investment of time, knowledge and friendship.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Did you forget to post your carbs with your intra-workout drink?

If not, I'm confused as to why AP is used prior to...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very good question. Thanks for asking Jordan. I likewise was curious if not skeptical
To tell you the truth, fasted states in conjunction with products which induce, and following, utilize lipolysis are absolutely fantastic. If you are lifting immediately after waking, may I suggest forgoing the Pre-WO shake? Glucose provides only 1/3 of the energy for anaerobic cellular reactions, and the combination of both PowerFULL and ReCreate modulating lipolysis pathways produces very strong workouts.
Whether we choose to utilize them or not, the process of lipolysis liberates stored fatty acids into our blood stream in the form of triglycerides - by engaging in anaerobic exercise, we use these newly liberated FFAs for cellular exertion (as I said, fatty acid oxidation comprises about 2/3 energy use in an anaerobic movement). This protocol merely utilizes energy which would have been wasted in a normal protocol, while ensuring that proper Post-WO nutrition is undertaken.
I am hopeful that Mullet will further contribute and or elaborate.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Very good question. Thanks for asking Jordan. I likewise was curious if not skepticalI am hopeful that Mullet will further contribute and or elaborate.
To each their own I suppose... it's interesting. :)

While I understand in theory, I would assume it would depend in part to what your last meal of tha day looks like.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
O/T observation: I have struggled with insomnia. Not wide awake can't fall asleep insomnia, but rather can't stay asleep insomnia. AmbienCR has failed to work anymore even at 2x dose. I was prescribed 30mg Tamazapam. It did work well initially but soon two were required and at that point I felt I was enjoying the buzz more than the sleep induction...not a good idea for me.

I use it infrequently, most specifically when I am certain I have 8 hours before I need to drive and or go to work. Recently I have stacked it with 2g of PureDopa™ (1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol). Now a single 30mg dose of Tamazapam w/2g PureDopa™ has me sleeping very soundly and deeply with only one or two wakes for urination.

I used to use up to 3 or 4 grams of PureDopa™ and it seemed to loose it effectiveness for sustained sleep. I even practice going lower dosed with slightly better but still less effective sleep.

PureDopa™/Tamazapam stack works well.

Additionally I appreciate the color and naming on the USPLabs capsules. I am able to drop them all in one bottle and bring them to work without the worry of figuring which is which. Good job! :thumbsup:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would assume it would depend in part to what your last meal of tha day looks like.
Doesn't everything? ;)

EDIT: I am a skeptic and optimist and a realist in matter of supplementation experimentation. Sometimes it does not need to make sense, but in this case it does based on the science. If this is ineffective I will be the first to proclaim it. I have used and empty stomach training protocol with only PowerFULL and had very very good success in both performance and body recomposition. I imagine it is based upon the application of what this concept and/or theorization is based on as well. Only this time it is stoked to the gills with goodies.

Thanks Jordan.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
B5150-

Pics ? I want to see what a ripped 43 yr old looks like.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I edited my opening post. I mistakenly stated my post workout nutrition. There is an immediate and a secondary.

Reaper - Give me a week or so. I just got back from some reckless eating and slouching during my time off. I am really self conscious...really...and am not nearly 'ripped' but do well for my phenotype and age. You'll be the first one I call when I post them.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I edited my opening post. I mistakenly stated my post workout nutrition. There is an immediate and a secondary.

Reaper - Give me a week or so. I just got back from some reckless eating and slouching during my time off. I am really self conscious...really...and am not nearly 'ripped' but do well for my phenotype and age. You'll be the first one I call when I post them.

holla :head:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established

Here I was hoping I'd be tha first... or perhaps I should be calling you for pre-authorization, lol.

Can't be any worse than me, I've exposed my fair share on this board and was told elsewhere to purchase stock in Gillette.

Seriously though, I've been wanting to find time to contact you very soon. I need some new perspective on life and career paths.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here I was hoping I'd be tha first... or perhaps I should be calling you for pre-authorization, lol.

Can't be any worse than me, I've exposed my fair share on this board and was told elsewhere to purchase stock in Gillette.
Well my head is more bald, my body hair has increased, my beard grows in gray and I ain't no better looking. Actually I am just wanting to get rid of some water weight that I picked up over the week at my sons graduation. Plus some Arizona sunshine will tan me real quickly which never hurts a physiques appearance :)
Seriously though, I've been wanting to find time to contact you very soon. I need some new perspective on life and career paths.
You can always call, but that doesn't mean I have the time to talk. I should be doing something better with my time right this minute. :D

Here are just a few things I picked up today without looking:

"Fitness comes from engaging the body. Wellness comes from soothing it"
"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give"

Best one though is a song title:

"I hate every bone in your body except mine"

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKCv2qGMkF0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

All day staring at the ceiling
Making friends with shadows on my wall
All night hearing voices telling me
That I should get some sleep
Because tomorrow might be good for something

Hold on
Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown
And I don't know why

[chorus]

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you cant tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be...me

Im talking to myself in public
Dodging glances on the train
And I know, I know they've all been talking about me
I can hear them whisper
And it makes me think there must be something wrong with me
Out of all the hours thinking
Somehow Ive lost my mind

[chorus]

A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I''m just a little impaired
But soon enough your'e gonna think of me
And how I used to be

Ive been talking in my sleep
Pretty soon they'll come to get me
Yeah, they're taking me away

[chorus]

A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be

Yeah, how I used to be
How I used to be
Well, I'm just a little unwell
How I used to be
How I used to be
I'm just a little unwell

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday - Monday, June 16th

Chest/Triceps

10 mins treadmill warm-up and stretching

Chest:

Light Incline Smith Bench Press*
185 x 8, 8, 8

Decline Smith Bench Press*
185 x 8, 8, 8

Flat DB Flys (left arm only)
50 x 8, 8, 8, Drop - 35 x 8

Cable Press (left arm only)
40 x 14, 10, 8, Drop - 30 x 10, Drop - 20 x 15

Triceps:

Tricep Cable Press (left arm only - assisted)
130 x 8, 8, 8

Tricep Deck Extension (left arm only - assisted)
100 x 8, 8, 8, Drop - 60 x 8, Drop - 30 x 10

Treadmill:

20mins medium slightly increasing intensity and a cool down of an additional 2 mins.

Observations:

Stamina, focus and intensity were quite good. I made myself stop the treadmill at 20 mins because I had to pee...I diluted and drank down the intra drink for the duration of my workout ;)

* I suspect that the weight of the bar exceeds the traditional 45lb but working weight is based upon 45lbs. So it could be heavier. I am not quite nearly as strong as I once was do to injury.

This is a new split. It used to be Chest/Back and then an Arms/Legs day. I am mixing it up right now. It may go back or it may not.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck and I too wanna see some jpegs, elder. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back and Bicep

Back:

Wide Grip Pull-Ups
BW x 10, 8, 6

Lat Pull Downs (left arm)
100 x 10, 110 x 8, 8

Dumbbell Rows (left arm)
110 x 10, 115 x 9, 8

Seated Cable Rows
120 x 8, 8, 8

Bicep:

Reverse Grip E-Z Curls (left arm)*
60 x 8, 8, 8

Preacher Curl Machine (left arm)
25 x lost count I do some insane negatives

Treadmill:
20 mins low/med intensity treadmill cardio

Observations:

Back work intensity was quite good, even above par. I used to train Chest and Back together in a sequence of sets of one chest exercise and when completed I would follow with sets of a back exercise. Then repeat the sequence. IOW - 3 sets of chest, then three sets of back, then three sets of chest, and the threes sets of back...etc.

I did experience serious reduction in bicep working load due to training them following my back work. Inversely my back work was even greater because I did not do it in sequence with my chest work as outlined above. This by no means hindered my ability to create a hypertrophy or at least kick the sh1t out of my bicep. It is just and adjustment that i need to make to my working set work loads. I am not in it for weight. This is purely hypertrophy.

* This is done with an emphasis on my left arm. I lightly assist with my right fist to keep the bar balanced. I alternate this exercise with hammers in previous splits.

Additionally this applies to my smith barbell work on my chest mentioned above. I do my best to not allow my right, stronger, uninjured dominant side to overpower my left side. So as a result the working load is reduced or slighter that I am accustomed to prior to injury.

If you can appreciate what I am trying to do with unilateral primary work and see how i am also incorporating some bilateral work such as pull ups and barbell press you will understand how my carb intake needs to be carefully monitored in order to not overfeed myself.

This injury has forced me to be much much more intelligent with my training and is indeed a blessing in disguise.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
You know BFiddy, I find it real interesting to see how "injuries" force us to change. I am enjoying reading how you are getting around yours. I am almost 2 months post ACL repair, and am able to start moving 45 pound plates, and moving heavier DBs. It was good for me to have to get my fix from machines for a little while. I didnt love it, and couldnt go as heavy as I liked, but I was able to keep a degree of sanity and shape.

The great thing to come of all this was a major change to my training, I had to use my lifting for both aerobic and non-aerobic trainging for a good while, and my strength endurence is about the best its ever been, due to the high reps and short recovery periods I have had to use the last couple of months.

Keep up the good work man! :woohoo:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic Pump is often conceptualized as merely a supplement of glucose homeostasis. While that's true in part, its true identity is one of energy metabolism as a whole; specifically, modulating energy expenditure and transfer in both fat and muscle cells, via the modulation of energy storage and production mechanisms.

During a long bout of exercise (i.e., an hour long resistance training session) your body's energy homeostasis mechanisms need to take on a more oxidative (the B-oxidation of fatty acids) as opposed to glycolytic (GLUT4 translocation and glucose storage) role. This is due in part to the inability of the body to produce the fuel (glucose) for anabolic processes at the rates needed for anaerobic exercise. In response, your body has in place several mechanisms which prevent the accumulation and synthesis of triglycerides and lipids, and release them into the bloodstream to be oxidized.

These lipolytic processes actually contribute to the majority of energy transaction in a bout of anaerobic exercise - the oxidation of fatty acids and plasma triglycerides, primarily, provide the energy for resistance training.

The reason I mention all this is Anabolic Pump's fascinating ability to regulate one of the vanguards of oxidative and glycolytic energy consumption - AMPk. AMPk works as an essential gate-keeper of energy production, reacting to extracellular fluctuations of various downstream energy messengers (AMP:ATP ratio included). Its activation is responsible for various roles, including all of the above mentioned.

Using such a product in conjunction with fasted cardio simply utilizes energy which would have been stored anyway. The mere presence of AMPk ensures that the liberated fatty acids and triglycerides will be oxidized as it plays a primary role in not only lipolysis, but the inhibition of lipid, triglyceride, and cholesterol synthesis.

In terms of blood glucose, you should have circulating plasma levels which are enough to stave off hypoglycaemia, even with the use of Anabolic Pump. As carbohydrates have not been ingested, the presence of Insulin (the main inducer of hypoglycemia) is not necessarily present. Anabolic Pump works through Insulin-reactive, though not dependent, pathways of energy metabolism. The lipolytic role is also enough to provide ample energy.

Hope that helps!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any doubt why I place my trust in this man they call Mullet?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following along B :) Good luck on this! I would recommend have some steel cut oats for that 2nd PWO meal. They digest pretty fast for me if you take in lots of liquids at the same time. Plus they taste amazing!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders

One Arm Upright Cable Row Alternating R/L:
110 x 10, 120 x 8, 8

Seated Levered High Row:
230 x 10, 250 x 9, 8

Machine Lateral Delt Raise Alternating R/L:
125 x 12, 135 x 8, 8, 8

DB Shrug Right Side Only*:
100 x 10, 105 x 8, 8, 8, Drop (bi lateral) - 35 x 12

Arnold Press Left Side Only*:
25 x 12, 11, 9

Treadmill:

Observations:

These are some big jumps in weights as i have been using high rep high volume for quite some time. I am very pleased to be so strong in some of these exercises.

I felt very very good. I very strong sense of well being. Stamina, endurance and performance were exceptional. This is testimony to my protocol. I used to use the empty stomach PowerFULL/SupperCissus Rx during my early rehab and experience similar yet not quite as sustained and pronounced as with this mega stack I am running. Like I said, I did this before and this does support the theory of what Mullet has outlined above. When I used carbs during a similar stack of AP and or P-Slin my stamina peaks and drops off sharply. This is not at all like that. It is progressive and borders a euphoric experience.

This new cycle of training is a whole new split for me. It may or may not stay this way. I am always in experimentation.

* Due to my injury some of my training is unilateral. The has caused some imbalance or symmetry issues as well as strength loss. Really it has always been there it is just that I am hyper observant of it now. So I am training with the intention of righting some symmetry and strength disparities.

Comment:

There is something that I want to speak of regarding my supplement choice. I can attest to the fact that I can credit a great portion of my results and performance to their use. Why? Because I have been doing this for about 7 years and I know my body, my nutrition and my physique. I am achieving body composition results that rival some older PS/PH and other anabolics without their use. I am not saying that physiologically they are rivals. What I am saying is that the results to my body composition are very pronounced.

Could there be other supplements by other manufacturers that produce comparable results? Sure. Maybe. Maybe even likely. Why do I use USPLabs? Because for me it produces serious intellectual challenges regarding nutrition timing and this encourages me to learn and understand the physiological aspects of what they do and how they do it. Then I see it work just as promised.

Will this happen for the beginner, the "got-my-diet-dialed-in-no-need-to-go-there-casual-recreational- social-muscleandfitness-reading-guy"? Nope. Why? If you need to ask you wouldn't understand.

One other comment; if you are a blond or brunette 20 something year old soccer mom who drives an Escalade with 22' wheels and come dragging your two kids into the gym with you face and hair done up smelling of perfume and your breast implants displayed proudly for everyone to see while you take up space on a treadmill talking to your BFF on your cell phone...be courteous enough to say "thank you" when I hold the door for you when you walk in the gym behind me. You ain't "all that" girlfriend :aargh: Some peoples kids...or wives :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

110 x 10, 120 x 8, 8

Seated Levered High Row:
230 x 10, 250 x 9, 8

125 x 12, 135 x 8, 8, 8

DB Shrug Right Side Only*:
100 x 10, 105 x 8, 8, 8, Drop (bi lateral) - 35 x 12

Arnold Press Left Side Only*:
25 x 12, 11, 9

Treadmill:

Observations:

These are some big jumps in weights as i have been using high rep high volume for quite some time. I am very pleased to be so strong in some of these exercises.

I felt very very good. I very strong sense of well being. Stamina, endurance and performance were exceptional. This is testimony to my protocol. I used to use the empty stomach PowerFULL/SupperCissus Rx during my early rehab and experience similar yet not quite as sustained and pronounced as with this mega stack I am running. Like I said, I did this before and this does support the theory of what Mullet has outlined above. When I used carbs during a similar stack of AP and or P-Slin my stamina peaks and drops off sharply. This is not at all like that. It is progressive and borders a euphoric experience.
On the Euphoric note, keep in mind that the latest neurobiological research is elucidating connections between essentially fatty-acids, lipid and triglycerides synthesis and metabolism, and dopamine (and thereby serotonin) receptor subtypes in the brain.

As well, AMPk is a master regulatory switch for all cellular energy transactions; including those which occur on the molecular level (i.e., brain cell mitochondria). The combination of ReCreate and AP is producing fluctuations in AMP:ATP ratio, possibly in the hypothalamus. You are embarking on a great number of cellular reactions, and as your ATP lowers (as a response to energy demand), AMPk will tell your body (including your brain) to produce, produce, produce! In your brain's case, this means the production of energy and the stimulation of neurons.

Couple this with increased levels of norepinephrine, hypothalamic ATP, and Caffeine, and you have a very prominent anabolic AND euphoric response. I have tried many protocols myself, but the one I have layed out for you B is the most physiologically complete.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interesting protocol brian, and i wish you great success.

I'll be following along. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs:

Treadmill:
20 mins low/med intensity treadmill followed by stretching

Machine Leg Press:
225 x 8 , 240 x 10, 255 x 10, 10

Bilateral Machine Leg Curls:
100 x 10, 8, 8

Bilateral Calf Raises on Machine Leg Press:
255 x 12, 270 x 12, 285 x 12

SLDL/Walking Lunge:
Bar/BW x 12, 12, 12

Treadmill:
10 mins low/med intensity treadmill cardio

Observation/Comment:

Here's the thing with legs - my phenotype is truly and endomorph. My greatest strength was my legs. I say was because I have not trained heavy on legs in like forever, if I even trained them. I have had two knew surgeries. I used to be a catcher when I played baseball in HS. I also held the class record for DL and Squats in one of the years of HS. I always trained legs heavy. Add that to my phenotype and my predisposition for that sort of fat gain...I have always had a phobia of being too big on the bottom. It is somewhat true in every aspect except for body building :)

Still I do not have a desire for more mass on my lower body with the exception of my calves. When I had trained legs in the past it was always 20 reps leg presses for volume for purposes of metabolism and definition.

Due to my neck injury putting a bar on my shoulders is OOTQ. So are heavy traditional dead lifts for obvious reasons. So I do machine work. I am looking to find my 8-10 rep range for weight. As you can see I am searching. Same goes for leg curls, but based on the drop off I reps it does look real close. With that movement I risk staining my tendons and ligament and aggravating my knee. Not desired by any means for any means or any reason. It just is what it is and thats the way it is.

The calf work was heavy as well and suspect I am going to be very sore tomorrow. SLDS/Lunges was for what it was...just some more hamstring work without risking aggravating my neck.

Oh...here's a good one for you guys. My 6yo daughter is a gymnist. I say gymnist because she is good and has accelerated
in her age group very quickly. She was recruited by the coach to practice with the team that competes. She yet has the skills disciplines to compete but she is being exposed to it now. I anticipate we will be seeing some sort of Jr. O's or some sort of formal competition simply because she is good, a natural and she loves what she does.

We banter about both of us being athletes. She has been my best moral support on my injury recovery. "Dad, that left tricep is really coming back up", "your looking really pumped today", "Daddy's belly is getting ripped"...she is 6 mind you.

She'll do double bi poses with my in tandem. "Dad, feel it, this one is pumped", or best yet, "yeah, my left side is a little weak too, just like yours".

Anyway. I was posting yesterday. It's 114° in AZ at the moment. We spent a lot of time in the house (I work weekends) and I spent too much time in front of this monitor. She comes up behind me and says to me (paraphrased); "You and I are kind of into the same thing. We train. You go to your gym and I go to my gym. What's different is you lift weights and I do gymnastics...and I don't take all the vitamins you do". I said, yeah, you and I are the same in that we like to train and we are athletes, different athletes. You are a gymnist and I am a bodybuilder. "Yeah, I don't lift weights but we both are growing muscles...but how is what you are doing on the computer with 'your guys' bodybuilding? How is this bodybuilding?" :D

Now I know what my answer was. But I just thought I would send out some "take-out-food-for-thought" to 'my guys'. :)

Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
YouTube - Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good brian!

The wife and I look forward to having a little trauma soon to enjoy the moments that you've described above. :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good brian!

The wife and I look forward to having a little trauma soon to enjoy the moments that you've described above. :)
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH... naw just kiddin... keep it flapping :D

Adams

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH... naw just kiddin... keep it flapping :D

Adams

LOL, damn skippy!! Oh i'll keep on flapping all right!! :hammer:

Go check out the article i posted up in the steroid section. I think you'll enjoy it.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, damn skippy!! Oh i'll keep on flapping all right!! :hammer:

Go check out the article i posted up in the steroid section, i think you'll enjoy it.
I wont miss it, still reading up on some Resveratrol information.

Adams

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
B if you're posting up videos like that, I have to request Green Day- Time of Your Life ;)

Glad to hear your daughter is interested in gymnastics; A passion/focus in kids will drive them a long way. I know I wouldn't be pulling off my marks in university if being a doctor hadn't been a lifelong goal of mine.

And as for temperature, it was below 50 this morning here in Toronto ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Don't want to miss a thing" is more my oldest 20yo daughter. Brother, I was weeping...sobbing...in that movie...and of course I was Bruce Willis ;) I had all I could do just to post that link. Another is Nicklebacks - Far Away. Neither can I hear or sing from memory without nearly balling.

I am not so affectionate towards Green Day but my 6yo daughter used to sing "Wake me up when september comes" even that far back when it was getting lots of air play.

Now we, her and I, share Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty songs. We make fun of mom, with 3AM..."she thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway" and our recent fun is the new CD which has an interactive DVD and we are having fun with "How far we've come". Firtunately, despite her advance reading skill she does not see the irony in having fun with that song..."I believe the world is burning to the ground...lets see how far we've come. I believe the world is coming to end, I guess were gonna pretend....lets see how far we've come"

BTW.. remind me why steel oats are better than regular whole oats.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Don't want to miss a thing" is more my oldest 20yo daughter. Brother, I was weeping...sobbing...in that movie...and of course I was Bruce Willis ;) I had all I could do just to post that link. Another is Nicklebacks - Far Away. Neither can I hear or sing from memory without nearly balling.

I am not so affectionate towards Green Day but my 6yo daughter used to sing "Wake me up when september comes" even that far back when it was getting lots of air play.

Now we, her and I, share Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty songs. We make fun of mom, with 3AM..."she thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway" and our recent fun is the new CD which has an interactive DVD and we are having fun with "How far we've come". Firtunately, despite her advance reading skill she does not see the irony in having fun with that song..."I believe the world is burning to the ground...lets see how far we've come. I believe the world is coming to end, I guess were gonna pretend....lets see how far we've come"

BTW.. remind me why steel oats are better than regular whole oats.
Steel cut oats are less processed. They take the whole oat groat and loosely cut it, whereas oats that are in flakes have gone through a processing and milling stage. Although the difference in nutritional value is rather negligible, the flavour and texture of steel cut oats if not over cooked is well worth the time. Nobody likes oatmeal because it's "Mushy", but steel cut oats have a nutty flavour and texture too!

As a student I got lazy and would just microwave some Oatbran instead of steelcut oats in university, so before I headed home I picked up a 25lb bag of oat bran. Now that I have the time to finally cook the steel cut oats, I'm stuck with a mountain of oatbran :frustrate
Good blog read at Healthy, yummy breakfast…for pennies « The Cleaner Plate Club

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember now about the steel cut. The thing is I grind them up and put them in with my protein powder. Otherwise I don't eat them cooked, with the exception of when implementing a refeed when doing a CKD. I just love them. But I belive the carb deprivation might have a lot to do with it too. Thanks for the tip though.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did yard work on Thursday. Weed pulling, clean-up from two double window removals for two French door installs. Caught a mild cold/allergy. Had a mild drip and drainage yesterday. Woke to a horse voice today. More drainage all day and it is now in my chest as we speak. At this time just prior to bed I am about spent, which means I will be in bad shape in the morning. It gets into my chest and it get rough. Infrequent but happens about once a years.

Side note. My son comes in for a few weeks on Tuesday the 24th. Another cool piece of news. My two cousins are coming into town the same day. They and their band are playing The Vans Warped Tour stop here in Phoenix on the 25th.

What About Pluto? | 100% Organic Rock-N-Roll

This is so very cool! These are real good Christian young men, cousins, brothers. Josh and Chris are my cousins. My son Jordon will be working merchandise and promotions. I might bring my 'presence' for 'security purposes'. God IS good.

Vans Warped Tour 2008 Concert Tickets - Cricket Wireless Pavilion Phoenix, AZ | A Live Nation Event

MySpace.com - What About Pluto? (is playing Warped Tour in AZ) - GREELEY / FT. COLLINS, Colorado - Rock / Powerpop / Classic Rock - www.myspace.com/whataboutpluto

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I did yard work on Thursday. Weed pulling, clean-up from two double window removals for two French door installs. Caught a mild cold/allergy. Had a mild drip and drainage yesterday. Woke to a horse voice today. More drainage all day and it is now in my chest as we speak. At this time just prior to bed I am about spent, which means I will be in bad shape in the morning. It gets into my chest and it get rough. Infrequent but happens about once a years.

Side note. My son comes in for a few weeks on Tuesday the 24th. Another cool piece of news. My two cousins are coming into town the same day. They and their band are playing The Vans Warped Tour stop here in Phoenix on the 25th.

What About Pluto? | 100% Organic Rock-N-Roll

This is so very cool! These are real good Christian young men, cousins, brothers. Josh and Chris are my cousins. My son Jordon will be working merchandise and promotions. I might bring my 'presence' for 'security purposes'. God IS good.

Vans Warped Tour 2008 Concert Tickets - Cricket Wireless Pavilion Phoenix, AZ | A Live Nation Event

MySpace.com - What About Pluto? (is playing Warped Tour in AZ) - GREELEY / FT. COLLINS, Colorado - Rock / Powerpop / Classic Rock - www.myspace.com/whataboutpluto
Sounds like fun B!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a messed up now by this cold. It is effectively attacked the chest and head to the point of making me miserable. I'm hoping I can shake it tonight. I really am having a good ride with this training and supplementation that I hate to miss the first day of the week. We'll see.

It does sound like fun. Thing is that it is 113° and it is an outdoor show. I'll likely enjoy the fact that they will enjoy themselves...from my comfortably air conditioned home.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing bothers me more than sickness during a strong run of training, supplementation, and diet.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a messed up now by this cold. It is effectively attacked the chest and head to the point of making me miserable. I'm hoping I can shake it tonight. I really am having a good ride with this training and supplementation that I hate to miss the first day of the week. We'll see.

It does sound like fun. Thing is that it is 113° and it is an outdoor show. I'll likely enjoy the fact that they will enjoy themselves...from my comfortably air conditioned home.
Get well soon brother.

Can you believe that yet again today was filled with nothing but violent thunderstorms here in florida?

Well, it is the rainy season down here, but still.:frustrate I'll take the thunderstroms, just keep the damn hurricanes far, far away! :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

:frustrate I rarely get sick, but a few weeks ago when I caught a cold it was so hard to take my own advice that I give to others; Take a day or two off and let your body recover! Luckily with all the Vitamin C/Ginseng/Echinacea/Rest I was able to only be out of the gym for 2 days :woohoo:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:frustrate I rarely get sick, but a few weeks ago when I caught a cold it was so hard to take my own advice that I give to others; Take a day or two off and let your body recover! Luckily with all the Vitamin C/Ginseng/Echinacea/Rest I was able to only be out of the gym for 2 days :woohoo:
:Shameless plug: :)

Try a little Gut Health too to strengthen that immune system!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest/Triceps

Chest:

Light Incline Smith Bench Press
185 x 8, 8, 8

Decline Smith Bench Press
185 x 8, 8, 8

Flat DB Press/Flys (left arm only)
50 x 10, 55 x 10, 8, Drop Fly - 35 x 6 *

Cable Press (left arm only)
42.5 x 10, 9, 8, Drop - 32.5 x 6, 22.5 x 6, 12.5 x 10 *

Triceps:

Tricep Cable Press (left arm only - assisted)
130 x 10, 9, 8, Drop - 90 x 8, 50 x 8 *

Tricep Deck Extension (left arm only - assisted)
100 x 10, 105 x 8, 8, Drop - 65 x 8, 35 x 10 *

Treadmill:
None

* Increases in weight and or reps where indicated. See previous for reference.

Observations:
Against better judgment and common sense I went to the gym this morning. I woke earlier and got a good head start on the morning before cold symptoms could hit me. I looked like shat but my training was very good. Skipped cardio.

I'm eating and sleeping and being a couch potato most all the day.

Rented as watched Rambo - The Fight Continues. Watched it in the van while I watched my daughter through the window at gymnastics. Both the wife and I are sick so we had a late lunch and a movie and chilled out for a bit. I like the movie a lot. "Live for nothing. Or die for something"

Still feeling bad but I sense the worst is behind me with some more Vit. C, liquids, food and sleep.

EDIT: I have more videos to watch and need to get some rest. If you see me here again in the next 3-4 hours you have permission to ban me.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back/Bi's

Back:

Wide Grip Pull-Ups
BW x 9, 7, 7

Lat Pull Downs (left arm)
110 x 8, 8, 8 *

Dumbbell Rows (left arm)
115 x 8, 8, 8 *

Seated Cable Rows
120 x 9, 8, 8 *

Bicep:

Reverse Grip E-Z Curls (left arm)*
60 x 8, 8, 8 - Superset last set DB Hammer 20 x 10

Preacher Curl Machine Negatives (left arm)
25 x 10, 10, 10

Treadmill:
20 mins med/high intensity treadmill cardio - Level 15 x 3.5mph *

Observations:
Cleared the last few chunk out of my chest this morning. Brain fog is clearing up a bit. Picking up my son at the airport at noon.

I think I may go country. See ya!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMHoEv7jj_U"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I didn't say see "YA'LL" So I'll be OK. I won't go Brett Michaels or BonJovi on ya'll ;)

I'm better. My chest is cleared up pretty well at the moment but still some nasal congestion. I think I may have a mild fever still. But it is pretty damned hot out and the A/C is working hard to keep us cool. Plus I am practicing recreational use of Recreate ;)

My son is coming in today for about 16 days. Short but I'll make the best of it. So, I'm doing real good :D

Heading out to pick him up right now. May be absent for a while.

Be good. See you later. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wednesday 06/25

Shoulders:

120 x 9, 9, 8 *

Seated Levered High Row:
250 x 9, 8, 8 *

135 x 12, 140 x 9, 8 *

DB Shrug Right Side Only:
105 x 8, 8, 8, Drop (bi lateral) - 45 x 12 *

Arnold Press:
30 x 14, 35 x 12, 10 *

Treadmill:

Observations:
This has become nuts really. The only down side is I feel I am experiencing a psyco-tropic reaction to this stack. I border on euphoria with a bit of anxiety that is becoming unpleasant. I suspect it to be the cumulative effect but I do feel that the Recreate is a culprit that puts it over the top in the anxiety department.

I will be adjusting by eliminating 1 Recreate from my pre workout stack to assess any changes and hopefully a reduction in anxiety.

I am beginning to suspect that, although in theory and in practice, this is very potent, I may have issues with this personally and or need to add more overall carbohydrates to my system altogether in order to sustain my sanity.

I do suspect the Recreate though as today I dosed one solo and experienced the beginnings of a similar anxiety issue and staved it off with some more food.

Wednesday I was at the Van's Warped Tour concert. Oh, gosh. These youth are our future. God please help us. Too many details to explain but I had no intentions of attending based on the weather report. 110°F in the shade. We spent the entire day, 9:00AM to 6:00PM, on an asphalt parking lot. Suffice is to say I skipped my Thursday leg workout.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Shoulders:

120 x 9, 9, 8 *

Seated Levered High Row:
250 x 9, 8, 8 *

135 x 12, 140 x 9, 8 *

DB Shrug Right Side Only:
105 x 8, 8, 8, Drop (bi lateral) - 45 x 12 *

Arnold Press:
30 x 14, 35 x 12, 10 *

Treadmill:

Observations:
This has become nuts really. The only down side is I feel I am experiencing a psyco-tropic reaction to this stack. I border on euphoria with a bit of anxiety that is becoming unpleasant. I suspect it to be the cumulative effect but I do feel that the Recreate is a culprit that puts it over the top in the anxiety department.

I will be adjusting by eliminating 1 Recreate from my pre workout stack to assess any changes and hopefully a reduction in anxiety.

I am beginning to suspect that, although in theory and in practice, this is very potent, I may have issues with this personally and or need to add more overall carbohydrates to my system altogether in order to sustain my sanity.

I do suspect the Recreate though as today I dosed one solo and experienced the beginnings of a similar anxiety issue and staved it off with some more food.

Wednesday I was at the Van's Warped Tour concert. Oh, gosh. These youth are our future. God please help us. Too many details to explain but I had no intentions of attending based on the weather report. 110°F in the shade. We spent the entire day, 9:00AM to 6:00PM, on an asphalt parking lot. Suffice is to say I skipped my Thursday leg workout.

You could increase total CHO without sacrificing the beneficial aspects of the no-carb workout. If possible, increase by 30-40% your last, or second last, meal of the day containing carbohydrates. The glycogen storage from that meal should be enough to combat some of the oxidative stress and "highness" which is accompanied by dopamine fluctuations due to triglyceride/FFA metabolism.

Would you agree it's an amazing feeling when bearable though Brian? It's almost a cycle-like 'Alpha Male' euphoria. I know such an analogy is a dead horse, but each time I've utilized this particular protocol, I have not suffered in attitude and motivation but increased them! Similar to, "Fvck these weights and the horse they rode in on" type feeling.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could increase total CHO without sacrificing the beneficial aspects of the no-carb workout. If possible, increase by 30-40% your last, or second last, meal of the day containing carbohydrates. The glycogen storage from that meal should be enough to combat some of the oxidative stress and "highness" which is accompanied by dopamine fluctuations due to triglyceride/FFA metabolism.
That is my hope. The challenge it to maintain self control while consuming them later in the night.
Would you agree it's an amazing feeling when bearable though Brian? It's almost a cycle-like 'Alpha Male' euphoria. I know such an analogy is a dead horse, but each time I've utilized this particular protocol, I have not suffered in attitude and motivation but increased them! Similar to, "Fvck these weights and the horse they rode in on" type feeling.
Absolutely amazing progressive endurance, which if you note the weight increase, is also accompanied by performance increase as well. So aside from the issue I mentioned I have nothing but great things to say about the stack.

Candidly, my spirit can be quite frail and tender, despite the boldness of and strength in my faith, and anxiety can grieve it deeply at times, so I do my best to guard it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest/Back

10 mins treadmill warm-up

I mixed things up today.

Incline (closer to 45° than usual 30°) DB Press Bilateral
70 x 8, 8, 8 Drop - 45 x 10 left only

Pull-Ups
BW x 8, 8, 8

Decline DB Press
70 x 8, 8, 8 Drop - 45 x 10 left only

Seated Close Grip Cable Rows Bilateral
180 x 10, 10, 10

Cable Crossover Flys
45 x 10, 10, 10, Drop - 30 x 10, Drop 20 x 10

Close Grip Handle Pull Downs Bilateral
140 x 10, 160 x 9, 9

Observation:
I ate like **** yesterday. Last night I ate more ****, focusing on carbs. This morning I did not add Recreate at all to my pre w/o stack. Same euphoric feeling, increased stamina, endurance and performance without the anxiety. Hmmmm? Could be the increased glycogen stores. Could be the cold I had is beginning to pass. Could be anything right now. Don't care really, right now.

I'm out of town up north to my mother's cabin for the next couple few days. I need a break from the stress of work, the stress of the heat, the stress of obsessive training. Did I mention I need a break from the stress.

Peace!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Go get some PEACE man!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great log/journal, B5150!
I too, would like to see Bulk PowerFULL to come back!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back in town from time up in Northern AZ. Damn. 20-25° cooler, rain, peace, quite and tranquility was much needed.

A serious anecdotal response was a drop in RHR by 10BPM. Seriously. My HR and BP have been elevated due to insane amounts of stress. A good portion work related, most specifically environmental noise toxicity as well as complete organized chaos.

At home I have been remodeling for a couple months, spending money on credit, strategizing the process for efficiency. Some major projects have come to near completion and the remainder of any exterior modifications and upgrades/maintenance need to be put off due to the insane heat we have here in AZ.

To clarify the eating like ****, it was a couple slices of pizza. But then this last several days I ate French Toast, Ice Cream, Apple Pie, lots of French bread, Doritos, Chips and Salsa to name a few items. Nothing like a gorge fest but really poor food choice.

I woke this morning with a nice swell and fullness. I have really been neglecting to eat as much as I should and could and my body is grateful for the surplus. Not to mention the extra sleep and rest days have been a blessing.

Came home and needed to get away from all the "face time" with the family and hit the gym in the evening around 6:00PM. This is very out of the ordinary. Very unusual as I am a 6:00AM trainer.

I hit arms only. This workout and the last on Monday is a complete departure from the norm. I kept in some basics but sequence and exercises have been mixed up a bit.

Arms:

10 mins treadmill warm-up

CGBP:
135 x 8, 155 x 8, 8, 7

Hammer Curls (left):
50 x 10, 55 x 8, 9

Tricep Cable Push Down (left side assisted):
140 x 9, 9, 150 x 8 - Drop 80 x 8, 40 x 8

Preacher Machine Negatives Left Side (very very slow):
35 x lost count x 3

Tricep Overhead Deck Extension Machine (left side assisted):
105 x 12, 12, 12

Some accessory cable tri and bi work.

Treadmill:
10 mins low intensity.

Observations:
Holy moly! Glycogen stores pumped my asz big big time. The negatives on my preacher work had me in near tears. I put on a real good swell that I have not had in a while. Rest and surplus calories were much appreciated. Despite holding some considerable visible water weight from my over indulgences there is still pronounce vascularity.

I have noticed that the psycho-tropic effects are gone. I have eliminated the recreate since the last several episodes. I will reintroduce it in the morning for shoulder work, but only at one cap to see how I respond.

As usual my endurance was sustained, progressive and remarkable. The sense of well being was as usual pronounced and a pleasure.

I am almost to a point where I feel I am going to start to work more bilateral and do accessory work in the unilateral fashion. I know that some of the bilateral work seems light but it is done with emphasis on the left side with the right side just for balance and stability. Hard to explain but picture it in your head and imagine the mind muscle connection and contraction only on the left side...a challenge but effective. Despite my less than impressive strength I do display what may be called a "strong physique" ;)

I'll hit it again in the morning then I will be spending the day at the in-laws putting on the tan at the pool.