GABAergic modulation for boosting Testosterone

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AM members,

12 months ago, Primordial Performance brought Sustain Alpha to the market as a testosterone boosting topical cream. Since then, this completely legal topical cream has swarmed the market, exceeding virtually all expectations.

Natural athletes use Sustain Alpha to boost testosterone and reap the benefits from enhanced testosterone levels. For Post Cycle Therapy (PCT), men shun Clomid & Nolvadex for Sustain Alpha to restore testosterone levels faster than ever before. Most importantly, blood tests from actual customers have proven Sustain Alpha to be just as effective as Clomid or Nolvadex for PCT, without the side effects.

It’s no surprise that Sustain Alpha is so effective. The active ingredients are delivered with an advanced topical delivery cream that pulls them through the skin and straight to the blood stream. Once in the blood, they are carried to the brain – right where they start triggering the testes to produce testosterone like a fountain of youth.

Speaking of the triggering testosterone production, How does Sustain Alpha work?

It’s well known, that the main ingredients in Sustain Alpha – resveratrol and 7,8-benzoflavone – are natural anti-estrogens. However, both of these compounds have proven to be very mild anti-estrogens as blood tests have revealed that Sustain Alpha only has a minor effect on total estrogen. (not even close to the aromatase inhibition of a pharmaceutical like Arimidex)

But that’s ok; Sustain Alpha was never intended to crush estrogen levels. Extremely low estrogen can reduce libido, inhibit recovery, and hurt cholesterol health.

So the question is…

If Sustain Alpha isn’t significantly inhibiting estrogen, then how exactly is it significantly increasing LH, FSH and natural testosterone levels?

It’s because Sustain Alpha is working by other mechanisms besides estrogen modulation.

Before jumping into the science, here is a brief background on hormone production -

Basic Hormone Production
The Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis (HPTA)

In a normal healthy male luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) are sent from the brain (the pituitary) to stimulate the testes to make testosterone and sperm.

The release of LH & FSH from the pituitary is stimulated by Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is stimulated to produce GnRH when it senses low levels of steroid hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen. (hypothalamus [GnRH] --- > pituitary [LH & FSH]--- > testes [testosterone])

On the other hand, when the brain detects high levels of steroid hormones it suppresses the release of GnRH, LH & FSH, and eventually testosterone production. This is called the negative feedback loop – the normal daily rhythm of hormone production.

Traditionally, boosting LH & FSH to stimulate testosterone involved the use of a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM) to directly block estrogen at the receptor (eg, Clomid & Nolvadex) or inhibition of estrogen formation by blocking the aromatase enzyme with aromatase inhibitors (eg, ATD, 6-bromo, formestane, Aromasin, Letrozol, ect).

Now on to the exciting part…

Recently, it has been found that the main ingredient in Sustain Alpha – the naturally occurring flavone 7,8-Benzoflavone -- increases testosterone production by preventing the negative feedback of testosterone and estrogen on the hypothalamus through GABAergic modulation. (1-10)

That’s right, GABAergic modulation, but please let me explain before jumping out of your seat.

As you may know, γ-amino-butyric acid (GABA) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter known to play an important role in sleep, learning, memory and pain sensation. In fact, GABA supplements are often used to promote relaxation and sleep. However, the GABAergic system is a tremendously complex family of receptors which interact not only with GABA, but hundreds of other neuro-active chemicals all throughout the body.

The important thing to understand here is that GABA and GABAergic transmission are two separate things.

With that in mind, researchers are just beginning to understand how the GABAergic system regulates the hypothalamus and GnRH secretion.

So far, it’s been established that there is no androgen receptor (AR) or estrogen receptor (ER) on GnRH releasing neurons. This is fascinating, because it means that steroid hormones such as testosterone and estrogen must communicate with GnRH neurons through intermediaries. Meaning, steroid hormones must signal the release of certain neurotransmitters to suppress GnRH secretion in the hypothalamus. One of the neurotransmitter systems involved in this communication process is the GABAergic system.

As you can imagine, if the neurotransmitters can be blocked or antagonized, then suppression from steroid hormones can be reduced. This would allow the hypothalamus to continue secreting GnRH, the pituitary secreting LH & FSH, and the testes secreting testosterone.

Fortunately, Sustain Alpha has the perfect ingredient for this -- 7,8-benzoflavone.

7,8-benzoflavone is a neuro-active flavone that can pass the blood brain barrier and bind to the GABAergic receptors that modulate GnRH release. (1-10) In fact, animal studies have already shown 7,8-benzoflavone can prevent the drug related decline in LH, FSH and testosterone production. (2-4) By interacting with the GABAergic receptors, 7,8-benzoflavone is able to offset hypothalamic suppression of GnRH from steroid hormones.

So what does this mean for a guy wanting to boost testosterone?

This means LH & FSH levels can be boosted quickly and effectively without overly suppressing estrogen and sacrificing sexual health. This means Sustain Alpha is perfect for any PCT, or any male wishing to optimize his “male performance” with higher testosterone levels. This also means that Sustain Alpha is unlike anything else on the market.

There is one factor that will keep you from getting maximum gains from Sustain Alpha, and that is testicular sensitivity.

Let me explain…

No matter how much LH & FSH is secreted, the testes won’t secrete testosterone if they are desensitized to LH & FSH. (which can happen from too much, or not enough stimulation)

Therefore, maintaining testicular sensitivity is critical, and this is precisely what Toco-8 was designed for.

Toco-8 is a powdered tocotrienol supplement proven to increase testicular sensitivity. When taken with Sustain Alpha, a powerful synergy occurs. By increasing testicular sensitivity, Toco-8 makes Sustain Alpha 3-4x more effective, thus allowing the body to produce more testosterone than it ever could before. Research has also proven that Toco-8 can increase the effectiveness of hCG by the same mechanism. Consider Toco-8 the beginning of a great testicular awakening – critical for a strong testosterone response to LH & FSH stimulation.

Make no mistake, this is one of the most powerful testosterone simulating stacks on the market, but don’t take my word for it. Jump on Google or any major bodybuilding forum and put in a search -- you will see Sustain Alpha and Toco-8 are the “real deal”, backed by thousands of positive reviews from actual users.

Yours in health & fitness,

Eric Potratz (Pp)
Primordial Founder & President

Questions?

Phone – 1-800-568-2924
Email - [email protected]
Visit - Primordial Performance

Plus, checkout the feedback below from AM members -

Originally Posted by EasyEJL

"...my results were pretty amazing on Sustain alpha + toco-8 as my only PCT items (i also used creatine and x-factor, but neither effects testosterone)

I really noticed the boys hanging lower than normal even around week two. The final result was about a month after PCT ended. I lost about 10% bodyfat over the timespan between the tests, but I still can't believe my testosterone almost tripled!"

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/88352-complete-testosterone-recovery.html#post1322510
Originally Posted by Nunchaku

"Thank you for making products that really works!

This is the second time i'm using Sustain Alpha and i'm lovin it!
Like 3 days after I started my PCT I was waking up with morning wood. I'm also using 20mg nolva per day dont feel any need to go higher. I've also just recently added Diesel Test hardcore to the mix.

I love this newer version of the product, the first one I used worked fine, but that smell!!! I smelled like sausage =\
I like the smell of the new one =)..."

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/101700-thank-you-pp.html#post1494839

Originally Posted by buff18

“Sustain Alpha is a very good product. My libido was far above normal after about a week using it. I really want to run this again in the future. In fact I'd like to run it maybe once every 6 months as a test booster/maintainer.”

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/101200-test-recovery-stack.html#post1484675

Originally Posted by scoooter

“I'm using the "Testosterone Recovery Stack" completely satisfied. Age:42 not sure if this makes much of a difference compared to a younger male still brimming with real T.

Packaging, directions: excellent quality, scoops included.

Website information/details: excellent!

Customer support/Reps: Very excellent!

Does this cycle make me repeat "excellent!" ...maybe ? it def eliminate the lethargy I used to have

Admittedly, the Sustain Alpha took me a while to get used to (my first transdermal experience) but I've become completely used to it. When applied to dry skin its easy to work with but when applied just after a shower (damp skin) took longer to dry. The EndoAMP & Toco-8 powders mix well. I've taken them w/ water, green tea, protien shakes, oatmeal. When ate plain, just eating a whole scoop and washing it down it acted like peanut butter on the roof of my mouth. Taste was plain, like there wasn't any almost. I liked it best in the oatmeal.

Effectiveness / Comments: 8 out of 10 (if your into rating)

I've used this as PCT and it has returned a fullness to the boys, very quickly. Libido is good, would't say through the roof, yet. Has kept me very positive and this was the most noticable effect for me. After 2.5 weeks of Sustain when applied now I can actually feel it seeping in my skin, great transport, I now get a very mild / slight warming sensation, way cool.”

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/90264-have-you-used.html#post1285024

Originally Posted by gibbob2

“…You might want to invest in some sustain alpha for a natural test booster, works like a charm it starts to tingle when you apply... in a good way…”

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/91897-best-test-booster.html#post1312549

Originally Posted by Flyboy

"Just wondering if I was the only one to have noticed this... it kind of goes against what one might expect from something which should be boosting testosterone.

For a good few years now I've had a fair few large spots on my back, rarely loads but always enough that i never really had a clear back. Oddly enough they pretty much took up residence after the spots I used to get on my face during my teen years reduced (the buggers just migrated).

Been using sustain on my shoulders/upper back for probably closing on 2 months now, and my back is as clear as it's ever been. Still get the occasional one but massively, massively reduced. It seems to be related to the application area, as i still got some on the small of my back but since i started also rubbing in a small amount there (it involves some flexibility that stretches the limits of my ability haha!) those have reduced as well.

Totally unexpected effect, but awesome."

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/95908-sustain-alpha-improved.html#post1382977

References -

1. Neuroactive flavonoids interacting with GABAA receptor complex.
F Wang, M Shing, Y Huen, SY Tsang, and H Xue
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord, Oct 2005; 4(5): 575-85.

2. Prevention of chronic alcohol and nicotine-induced azospermia, sterility and decreased libido, by a novel tri-substituted benzoflavone moiety from Passiflora incarnata Linneaus in healthy male rats.
K Dhawan and et al.
Life Sci, Nov 2002; 71(26): 3059-69.

3. Passiflora: a review update.
Dhawan K, Dhawan S, Sharma A.
J Ethnopharmacol. 2004 Sep;94(1):1-23. Review.

4. Drug/substance reversal effects of a novel tri-substituted benzoflavone moiety (BZF) isolated from Passiflora incarnata Linn. – a brief perspective.
Dhawan, et al.
Addiction Biology 379-386

5. A gamma-aminobutyric acidB agonist reverses the negative feedback effect of testosterone on gonadotropin-releasing hormone and luteinizing hormone secretion in the male sheep.
Endocrinology. 2000 Nov;141(11):3940-5.

6. Anticonvulsant effects of aerial parts of Passiflora incarnata extract in mice: involvement of benzodiazepine and opioid receptors.
Nassiri-Asl M, Shariati-Rad S, Zamansoltani F.
BMC Complement Altern Med. 2007 Aug 8;7:26.

7. Effects of Dialyzing γ-Aminobutyric Acid Receptor Antagonists into the Medial Preoptic and Arcuate Ventromedial Region on Lutienizing Hormone Release in Male Sheep.
Suzie A, et al.
Biology of Reproduction 58, 1038-1046 (1998)

8. Antiandrogen Microimplants into the Rostal Medial Preoptic Are Decrease γ-Aminobutyric Acidergic Neuronal Activity and Increase Luteinizing Hormone Secretion in the Intact Male Rat.
David R et al.
Endocrinology, Vol. 137 No. 10 (1996)

9. Non-classical estrogen modulation of presynaptic GABA terminals modulates calcium dynamics in gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons.
Nicola Romano, et al.
Endocrinology, 10.1210/en.2008-0424 (2008)

10. Restoration of the Luteinizing Hormone Surge in Middle-Aged Female Rats by Altering the Balance of GABA and Glutamate Transmission in the Medial Preoptic Area
Genevieve S, et al.
Biol Reprod, Jul 2008; 10.1095/biolreprod.108.069831.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should be in company promotion, or company subforum? :)

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Should be in company promotion, or company subforum? :)
We kept the promotions/discounts out of this post to have it in the Supplements section and give it a little more expose. :)

-Pp

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We kept the promotions/discounts out of this post to have it in the Supplements section and give it a little more expose. :)

-Pp
I always get in trouble when I expose mysef.

madchemist

Banned
Awards
,8-benzoflavone is a neuro-active flavone that can pass the blood brain barrier and bind to the GABAergic receptors that modulate GnRH release.

There's really no reason for the compound to transduct across the BBB if its goal is to interact with the hypothalamus.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
you state in teh first paragraph u have blood work to show sustain alpha performed as good as clomid or nolva

can i see those results if this is true then im buying today

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
you state in teh first paragraph u have blood work to show sustain alpha performed as good as clomid or nolva

can i see those results if this is true then im buying today

x2 Im day 1 of my pct(clomid, IDS post cycle tabs) and would rather use sustain alpha if its as good or better than clomid. 2mar is payday and was buying toco8, so please post labs asap.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is all great..... now get it back in stock at Nutra will you? :)

Mr.50

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
come to think of it i did read 1 log on steroid.com. Guy came back great. Still like to see more data tho

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent write-up Eric. I've got a friend who will probably stock up on some more. I think I've seen the bloodwork in a log, but there's probably a few he can show us guys.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to have to give this stuff a try some day. I am all stocked up till spring so maybe next summer.

soultrain

soultrain

Awards
This is an excellent product! On only three pumps a day, I have noticed an increase in testicular size as well as better recovery in the gym. This will always be my favorite OTC product for any PCT.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
come to think of it i did read 1 log on steroid.com. Guy came back great. Still like to see more data tho
Yeah, there has been great feedback on a lot of forums [eg, oulawmuscle, elitefitness, mindandmuscle.com ect]... can I post links to outside forums on here?

For example, here is a recent post made on another forum -
“…I am posting my blood test results after running Nolva and PP's Test Recovery Stack for PCT after what was a fairly heavy cycle. I must say I am impressed. My Test levels almost a month after finishing PCT are at 635 ng/dL. This is compared to 315 ng/dL in March this year after an earlier cycle. I have not seen my test levels this high for some years in fact.

What was interesting was the fact that I had intended to only run a little Aromasin early on followed by Nolva. I actually started out this way but my libido was down severely and I thought I should jump on Sustain. I ordered and had in my hand very quickly but was about two weeks into Nolva at this stage when the order arrived and started Sustain immediately at this time. I finished 3 weeks of Nolva at 20mgs/day and ran the Sustain until was gone which was roughly three weeks after completing the Nolva. Originally I was going to do Nolva for 4 weeks but once I started the Sustain I was feeling much better and decided at that time to run the Nolva for 3 weeks only. Actually it was about 24 days in total in the end.

It seems very clear to me that the Test Recovery Stack played a very large part in elevating my serum test levels….”

Here is EJ's blood test results on this forum -

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/105053-before-after-blood.html

Most of the feedback is anecdotal … something like “Ive ran clomid and nolva in the past, and then ran Sustain and felt that I recovered faster and more completely…”

We do receive private blood tests from customers who share their results from us. The 20-30% increase in testosterone [depending on the situation] from Sustain is pretty close to what you would expect to see with Nolvadex or Clomid.

-Pp

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I hear a lot about it being effective for PCT but not too much about it as a standalone. I guess it must be pretty good.

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
We do receive private blood tests from customers who share their results from us. The 20-30% increase in testosterone [depending on the situation] from Sustain is pretty close to what you would expect to see with Nolvadex or Clomid.

-Pp
well its outtA stock at nutra:aargh: still gettin the toco. Btw, i would get the whole recovery stack, but already have lean xtreme left over.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
any military discounts on ur site :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great post eric!

I'm definitely very interested in giving Sustain Alpha a go.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent thread and post, Pp. Sustain Alpha is a rather subtle but very potent formulation. I have always enjoyed it. I just had a go at Dermacrine (another awesome product), and used some Sustain Alpha afterwards. :food:

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Excellent thread and post, Pp. Sustain Alpha is a rather subtle but very potent formulation. I have always enjoyed it. I just had a go at Dermacrine (another awesome product), and used some Sustain Alpha afterwards. :food:
So did you get the results you were looking for while on the Derma and Sustain??

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good. ( you might want to keep an eye out for another little product that will be comming out soon ):cheers:
I'll keep both eyes wide open! :)

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
That’s a sweet deal guys jump on that!!

wheels

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to agree; The Testosterone Recovery Stack is very fairly priced with this sale. The feedback on it is very good and for only $76 it's a great buy.
It's worth every penny at full price,great product line.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sustain Alpha is 40% off right now with our warehouse clearance sale that is going until tomorrow night at midnight. (27th at 12:00am)

Thats only $29.97 for a 4 week supply!

This is the cheapest you will ever find it... so don't pass it up.

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sustain Alpha is 40% off right now with our warehouse clearance sale that is going until tomorrow night at midnight. (27th at 12:00am)

Thats only $29.97 for a 4 week supply!

This is the cheapest you will ever find it... so don't pass it up.

-Eric
Yep, ... 12 hours left on this sale...

-Eric

dayday87

Banned
Awards
Someone tell me if im retarded, but what if you ran this along with an actual gear cycle? Would it keep your body producing natural testosterone at ALL, or would it help to bring you back up quicker in PCT? Basically could you use this to your advantage in a gear cycle besides just using for PCT.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Someone tell me if im retarded, but what if you ran this along with an actual gear cycle? Would it keep your body producing natural testosterone at ALL, or would it help to bring you back up quicker in PCT? Basically could you use this to your advantage in a gear cycle besides just using for PCT.
We are actually still looking into the possibility of using Sustain Alpha as a hCG replacement during cycle... We presented that idea here -

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/102527-prevent-testicular-shrinkage.html

We still need to confirm with blood test... weve been slowly gathering blood data for the past year. We want to get a convincing case before presenting the evidence.

-Eric