You down with DCP? Ya you know me! (Vianillean and DCP)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
what weight range are you going to be competing against?
I'm doing physique so its based on height which is nice. I'm trying to bring a bodybuilding style to that class

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't believe I somehow missed subbing to this log. I'm in now! Jelly of you living in San Diego ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm doing physique so its based on height which is nice. I'm trying to bring a bodybuilding style to that class
just didn't want to see you standing next to a bunch of hulks, lol.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You've competed before, right?
just didn't want to see you standing next to a bunch of hulks, lol.
Ya that was my problem with my first show I came in super lean and defined but since I am 5'11 I didn't look nearly as big as the 5'5 in my weight class so now that physiques class is based on height and (supposedly) how "pleasing to the eye" you are I'm hoping that my increased muscle mass will give me an edge against the "surfer" look.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Can't believe I somehow missed subbing to this log. I'm in now! Jelly of you living in San Diego ;)
Good to have you here man. Ya San Diego is a nice place traffic blows and the cost of living is stupid but you really can't go wrong with how nice the weather is year round. Like today is supposed to be 75 and sunny at the coast.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good to have you here man. Ya San Diego is a nice place traffic blows and the cost of living is stupid but you really can't go wrong with how nice the weather is year round. Like today is supposed to be 75 and sunny at the coast.
i have very fond memories of the mission beach boardwalk back in the late 70's!!! balboa park wasn't bad either, lol.....

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I hit chest yesterday and back this morning. Yesterdays chest work out was rough I felt exhosted but I did a refeed of sorts last night and had a killer back session

Warm up DB rows
35X30X3 (30 reps each arm)
V grip seated cable rows 85X30X4
V grip pull downs 85X30X4
Barbell rows 75X30X4
Lat pull down triple set wide, reverse, and underhand close grip 130lbsX20 X100lbsX10 X70lbsX15 4 sets
Seated Wide grip cable rows SS with straight arm pull downs 115X30 40X50 3sets

Its getting to the point where I need to worry more about the reps than the weights there is a part of me that wants to still be pushing big weight but I need to throw ego to the side and focus.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
i have very fond memories of the mission beach boardwalk back in the late 70's!!! balboa park wasn't bad either, lol.....
Ya those are still two very nice spots I am a bit north of mission I usually hang out in Carlsbad or Encinitas I only really go into the city if I am going to a ball game or a group of friends are going to the clubs in the Gas Lamp

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya those are still two very nice spots I am a bit north of mission I usually hang out in Carlsbad or Encinitas I only really go into the city if I am going to a ball game or a group of friends are going to the clubs in the Gas Lamp
i can't begin to tell you how crazy balboa park was back then, lol....and the most beautiful women i have ever saw were on the boardwalk at mission beach-incredible!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
i can't begin to tell you how crazy balboa park was back then, lol....and the most beautiful women i have ever saw were on the boardwalk at mission beach-incredible!!!
Oh the scene hasn’t changed in OB MB or PB. If anything it has gotten better ;)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Shoulders and Arms today
DB raises triple set front side rear 10X10X10 25lbs
Varying height cable face pulls 10 reps 9 levels 2 sets 45lbs 180 reps
60 rep burn out face pulls top level 60 lbs
Behind the back smith machine shrugs 45lbs ES 30 reps ss with 25lb DB side raises 20 reps 3 sets

I then went on to do an arms circuit that lasted 20 min.

Thoughts I am continuing to lean out considerably this stack has been a fantastic aid to my fat loss coupled with a strict diet, as I don’t appear to be loosing any muscle size but fat seems to be vanishing.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Shoulders and Arms today DB raises triple set front side rear 10X10X10 25lbs Varying height cable face pulls 10 reps 9 levels 2 sets 45lbs 180 reps 60 rep burn out face pulls top level 60 lbs Behind the back smith machine shrugs 45lbs ES 30 reps ss with 25lb DB side raises 20 reps 3 sets I then went on to do an arms circuit that lasted 20 min. Thoughts I am continuing to lean out considerably this stack has been a fantastic aid to my fat loss coupled with a strict diet, as I don’t appear to be loosing any muscle size but fat seems to be vanishing.
Thats alot of reps bro! Crazy pump i'll bet.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those varying weight pulls are killer.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Weight this morning 197
I hit chest again this time with more energy. I have been taking a Unisom (Benadryl) before bed and I have been sleeping a lot better making my energy levels higher through out the day.

Incline DB Chest press 45X25X3
Incline Hammer Grip Chest press 45X25X2
Flat DB chest press 40X30X3
Close grip Smith machine press 35ES 25X3
DB flies 35X20 SS with hammer grip press 35X20 4 sets
Incline cable flies 40lbs X30X4
Incline Overhead Pulls 60X25X3
Dip Pull up ss 10X10X4

Finish 10 min of jump rope (That sh!t is hard)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Those varying weight pulls are killer.
Word man, I love em! In the three weeks I have been hitting them consistently, I have noticed some solid muscle separation

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Weight this morning 197
I hit chest again this time with more energy. I have been taking a Unisom (Benadryl) before bed and I have been sleeping a lot better making my energy levels higher through out the day.

Incline DB Chest press 45X25X3
Incline Hammer Grip Chest press 45X25X2
Flat DB chest press 40X30X3
Close grip Smith machine press 35ES 25X3
DB flies 35X20 SS with hammer grip press 35X20 4 sets
Incline cable flies 40lbs X30X4
Incline Overhead Pulls 60X25X3
Dip Pull up ss 10X10X4

Finish 10 min of jump rope (That sh!t is hard)
jump rope is beast!!!!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Weight this morning 197 I hit chest again this time with more energy. I have been taking a Unisom (Benadryl) before bed and I have been sleeping a lot better making my energy levels higher through out the day. Incline DB Chest press 45X25X3 Incline Hammer Grip Chest press 45X25X2 Flat DB chest press 40X30X3 Close grip Smith machine press 35ES 25X3 DB flies 35X20 SS with hammer grip press 35X20 4 sets Incline cable flies 40lbs X30X4 Incline Overhead Pulls 60X25X3 Dip Pull up ss 10X10X4 Finish 10 min of jump rope (That sh!t is hard)
I thought i done a bunch of reps; but apparently not! Why so many reps? I usually stay around 10-16 reps.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any drunk feeling in the AM when taking Benadryl?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I thought i done a bunch of reps; but apparently not! Why so many reps? I usually stay around 10-16 reps.
Im in pre-contest mode and I find that with the super high reps it forces muscle separation and striations plus its almost like cardio :) When building or recomp I stay in the 10-16 reps or drop down to 5X5 training but then I am also eating more fats and have the option to intake simple carbs so my endurance and energy levels are a lot higher.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders and Arms today
DB raises triple set front side rear 10X10X10 25lbs
Varying height cable face pulls 10 reps 9 levels 2 sets 45lbs 180 reps
60 rep burn out face pulls top level 60 lbs
Behind the back smith machine shrugs 45lbs ES 30 reps ss with 25lb DB side raises 20 reps 3 sets

I then went on to do an arms circuit that lasted 20 min.

Thoughts I am continuing to lean out considerably this stack has been a fantastic aid to my fat loss coupled with a strict diet, as I don’t appear to be loosing any muscle size but fat seems to be vanishing.
Very nice to hear!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I got a little cardio in this am and am going to hit legs this afternoon after work.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got a little cardio in this am and am going to hit legs this afternoon after work.
glad i am not the only one working on a sunday-snow again last night, talk about cardio, lol.

whats the song of the day?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
glad i am not the only one working on a sunday-snow again last night, talk about cardio, lol.

whats the song of the day?
Man Shoveling snow should be part of the strong man comp :)
Song of the Day: Rock n Roll by Skrillex

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man Shoveling snow should be part of the strong man comp :)
Song of the Day: Rock n Roll by Skrillex
lol...when it is that wet heavy crap yeah, but we just got 1 inch of powder...the hard part is handling all those bags of salt-1 truck holds 50 bags, loading that up is a workout, lol.

gonna have to look up your song, not up to date on the current stuff you listen to, but i try and give the good stuff a chance!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
techno?

kinda reminds me of pink floyd ummagumma played at 78 rpm, lol.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
lol...when it is that wet heavy crap yeah, but we just got 1 inch of powder...the hard part is handling all those bags of salt-1 truck holds 50 bags, loading that up is a workout, lol.

gonna have to look up your song, not up to date on the current stuff you listen to, but i try and give the good stuff a chance!!!
Ya up it Tahoe we called it Sierra Cement. Its HEAVY! My ear buds have a wide taste of music from drum and base /techno to Classical Bach

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd be down for that, it would probably be the easiest event of the day!
fill a parking lot with a foot of wet snow, give em a huge shovel and see who can clear it 1st...nothing to it!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I'd be down for that, it would probably be the easiest event of the day!
It would be more of an endurance event unless you had to push an accumulating mass of snow that got exponentially heavier the further you went up the hill...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya up it Tahoe we called it Sierra Cement. Its HEAVY! My ear buds have a wide taste of music from drum and base /techno to Classical Bach
my wife is into bach beethoven wagner.....i like ride of the valkyries, i play it when i need a pick me upper.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
my wife is into bach beethoven wagner.....i like ride of the valkyries, i play it when i need a pick me upper.
I used to play the cello and the Bach's 6 suites was some of my most favorite collections of music to play.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to play the cello and the Bach's 6 suites was some of my most favorite collections of music to play.
lol...that would explain your eclectic taste in music...i have a thing for motown and 70's R&B. o'jays backstabbers is a good one.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
lol...that would explain your eclectic taste in music...i have a thing for motown and 70's R&B. o'jays backstabbers is a good one.
Mowtown is great! There was a guy on KFI (talk radio station) a few months back that played guitar in and or wrote the rifts for something like 500 different songs. He was talking about the life back then and how he would travel almost every night of the week to play different shows for different bands it was crazy interesting Tim Conway Jr. did a great interview with the man.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mowtown is great! There was a guy on KFI (talk radio station) a few months back that played guitar in and or wrote the rifts for something like 500 different songs. He was talking about the life back then and how he would travel almost every night of the week to play different shows for different bands it was crazy interesting Tim Conway Jr. did a great interview with the man.
george benson/carlos santana...dueling guitars of 'on broadway', fantastic!!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Leg day
Quad extensions 50X50 80X30 100X20
Leg Press SS Calf press 180X20X20 500X20X20 450X20X20 360X30X30 270X40X20
Dead Lifts 225X15X2 275X10X2 315X8X2 365X5X2
Seated calf press 45 ES 25X5
Standing calf raises 145X20X5

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg day
Quad extensions 50X50 80X30 100X20
Leg Press SS Calf press 180X20X20 500X20X20 450X20X20 360X30X30 270X40X20
Dead Lifts 225X15X2 275X10X2 315X8X2 365X5X2
Seated calf press 45 ES 25X5
Standing calf raises 145X20X5
Nice numbers

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
So I am really starting to feel the recovery portion of DCP 2.0 I have been in the gym now for 10 straight days and my body doesnt feel too beat.

Hit back today
1 arm seated cable pulls 55X30X3 ( I did 15 one arm then 15 together really focusing on the shoulder blade squeeze)
1 Arm bent over cable rows 70X25X3
Vgrip bent over barbell row 2 plates 25X3
Triple set pull downs Wide grip reverse close grip 130X20 115X10 115X10 three sets
V grip pull downs 115X30X3
Triple set Overhead pulls DB rows reg grip DB rows Rear delt grip 60X30 40X25 25X20

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killed it! Glad to hear it's helping your recovery!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow man. That is some serious recovery!

Kick-A Leg Presses!