puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in your dreams
He may not be perfect but he's perfect for me.
It took meeting a lot of a-holes before I met him, but it was worth it. Many people are jaded by their pasts but there are a lot of great people out there, we just have to be patient.

-Chivalry is definitely not dead. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He may not be perfect but he's perfect for me.
It took meeting a lot of a-holes before I met him, but it was worth it. Many people are jaded by their pasts but there are a lot of great people out there, we just have to be patient.

-Chivalry is definitely not dead. :)
life is about compromise, if you find someone who can accept you the way you are without trying to remake you then you are indeed fortunate...also the real secret to a relationship is learning how to fight without taking it to far or pushing the wrong buttons, because every couple WILL fight!!!

relationships are not easy, they take a lot of effort and dedication!!!

i have been married for 27 years...how about you and your dreamboat!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
life is about compromise, if you find someone who can accept you the way you are without trying to remake you then you are indeed fortunate...also the real secret to a relationship is learning how to fight without taking it to far or pushing the wrong buttons, because every couple WILL fight!!!

relationships are not easy, they take a lot of effort and dedication!!!

i have been married for 27 years...how about you and your dreamboat!!!
There's a lot to be said about the difference between what people like or want to find in a relationship to make it work and what people who have had half a lifetime in a relationship that make it work.

Almost 20 years married (+5 from previous) and a relationship is about acceptance and compromise.

As I said before true love is an action - the act of placing your marriage above eachothers personal wants and needs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There's a lot to be said about the difference between what people like or want to find in a relationship to make it work and what people who have had half a lifetime in a relationship that make it work.

Almost 20 years married (+5 from previous) and a relationship is about acceptance and compromise.

As I said before true love is an action - the act of placing your marriage above eachothers personal wants and needs.
and dedication...there are bound to be rough times in any LONG TERM relationship!!!

i take it you and your wife have learned the art of fighting, but knowing how far to go!!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
If we have disagreements then I'll roll over, take a few mins to calm down, roll back over and talk it out.

This is not the issue. Just need her to help once in a while and pay for a meal... here and there. not every 2nd meal but maybe every few or so. just alleviates a little bit of the financial burden

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If we have disagreements then I'll roll over, take a few mins to calm down, roll back over and talk it out.

This is not the issue. Just need her to help once in a while and pay for a meal... here and there. not every 2nd meal but maybe every few or so. just alleviates a little bit of the financial burden
sounds like you should stop rolling over....

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
sounds like you should stop rolling over....
rolling over and away so i dont blow up. gives me a few mins to gather my thoughts and be methodical in our discussion without any further confrontation

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
rolling over and away so i dont blow up. gives me a few mins to gather my thoughts and be methodical in our discussion without any further confrontation
sometimes confrontation is required...otherwise you are just gonna let it eat at you until you do blow up.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If we have disagreements then I'll roll over, take a few mins to calm down, roll back over and talk it out. This is not the issue. Just need her to help once in a while and pay for a meal... here and there. not every 2nd meal but maybe every few or so. just alleviates a little bit of the financial burden
My lover is always shocked when I pay for things or dinner. He was shocked when I bought him new angel eyes for his car, too. As grateful as he is about me paying for things, I am just as grateful when he pays for things. We're not use to it...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and dedication...there are bound to be rough times in any LONG TERM relationship!!!

i take it you and your wife have learned the art of fighting, but knowing how far to go!!!
absolutely!

Ephesians 5:25
1Peter 3:7

The last thing I do every morning before I leave my house is lay my hands on my wife and pray out loud "God give me the heart to love my wife like you do and the eyes to see my wife like you do".

It has change my life and the life of my marriage. Regardless of our "issues" He has been faithful to give me what I have asked for and it has helped me immensely in being the husband I desire to be rather than limited to being the husband who is enslaved in self seeking and self serving.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
absolutely!

Ephesians 5:25
1Peter 3:7

The last thing I do every morning before I leave my house is lay my hands on my wife and pray out loud "God give me the heart to love my wife like you do and the eyes to see my wife like you do".

It has change my life and the life of my marriage. Regardless of our "issues" He has been faithful to give me what I have asked for and it has helped me immensely in being the husband I desire to be rather than limited to being the husband who is enslaved in self seeking and self serving.

they don't call it the 'GOOD BOOK' for nothing....even centuries after it was written there are many valuable life lessons to be learned from it that are viable in todays world!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
AM family

I really like this girl I'm dating. I feel she has that shield up. I told her that I know she has one and she said to not think to much into it.

She gives me little hints like "my friends say I've got a great catch" or I'm a pretty lucky girl but not much more than that.

How do I get her to open up, help her let down her guard and let me in?

We stay at each others place every night. It's been 3 months.

I want to know how you guys get that girl you like to "WANT YOU" like you want them.
god you got no idea how much i can relate....
just ive all your love and hope for best, after a while , move on... blunt but...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it ok for your gf or bf to be friends with their exes?!

My bf is too nice to his ex and I'm not comfortable with it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

if he was still with her when he was seeing you, chances are he told her you were just a friend!!! now he is going to tell you the same...

life is but a circle, every thing comes around....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if he was still with her when he was seeing you, chances are he told her you were just a friend!!! now he is going to tell you the same... life is but a circle, every thing comes around....
No, they weren't together when we started dating. I told him tonight that it made me feel uncomfortable and he understands. He said he'd feel the same way if I still talked to my exes. He doesn't talk to them often but he's cordial when they text and he's been honest with me. Exes always come back when they see you doing better...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No, they weren't together when we started dating. I told him tonight that it made me feel uncomfortable and he understands. He said he'd feel the same way if I still talked to my exes. He doesn't talk to them often but he's cordial when they text and he's been honest with me. Exes always come back when they see you doing better...
sounds like you just like drama...geez, chicks, lol.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Everyone says relationships need a lot of "work." Bullspit. If you have to work to make things work out, then move on. My wife and I argue about nothing and it's been easy living with each other for years now. We've never raised our voices or carried grudges.

You can't force someone to be "the right one." They either are or aren't.
I'm much the same. Perhaps one or two little fights over silly **** over 8 years but we never go to sleep mad - we just talk it out if something has one of us is upset.
My opinion to the OP is just be yourself, and don't complicate things by playing games. Talk about everything openly and she should open up to you.

The first conversation I ever had with my girl went for hours and there was soooo much chemistry. We both felt very comfortable with each other nearly immediately. We see most things very similarly and generally have a similar opinion. I always look forward to seeing her and at the bottom of it all we are best friends as well - which i believe is one of the most important things.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

As usual, it depends on the situation. My gf is still really close with her ex husband, but they were great friends before they got married and they have a daughter together. That doesn't bother me. But she's still friends with her last ex boyfriend, and that one bothers me. It shouldn't, because he's such a dbag, but that's why it bothers me, because he's such a dbag.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you just like drama...geez, chicks, lol.
Actually, no. It was a serious question and I was simply asking how guys feel about it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As usual, it depends on the situation. My gf is still really close with her ex husband, but they were great friends before they got married and they have a daughter together. That doesn't bother me. But she's still friends with her last ex boyfriend, and that one bothers me. It shouldn't, because he's such a dbag, but that's why it bothers me, because he's such a dbag.
I completely understand. :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's weaksauce to the crazy I've these past two weeks.
That's the weaker message. I feel bad for her, she's been snooping around his apt. looking for signs of another woman. The mind truly plays tricks and create things out of nothing.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the weaker message. I feel bad for her, she's been snooping around his apt. looking for signs of another woman. The mind truly plays tricks and create things out of nothing.
Does it though? I thought I was going crazy at first as well, and then the more I dug the more I found until I found phone records that put the nail in the coffin.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it though? I thought I was going crazy at first as well, and then the more I dug the more I found until I found phone records that put the nail in the coffin.
Eeeeeeeek, maybe it's just me. I always feel like some things are better left unknown. I won't go searching for anything because things done in the dark will come to light sooner or later. Or maybe I'm just in denial. I was like that for 8 years. I would question my ex, he'll deny it, then we'll sweep it under the rug.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
puccah8808 did you get roofied by Bill Cosby last night? Looks like he took some photos and posted them up as your avi.

The less the exhibitionism the more tasteful they are IMHO

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
when my daughter was growing up she knew several girls who had to have chaos in their lives, when there was none they would create some...i think the term the use today is DRAMA QUEENS!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It took me a long time to realize that I can't always be in control; that I can't always try to wear both the pants and the mini skirt in the relationship. Just because I am submissive to my partner does not mean that I am weak. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we're both equal but I know my part in the relationship. We, as women, forget that sometimes we just have to let the man be the MAN in the relationship.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sometimes confrontation is required...otherwise you are just gonna let it eat at you until you do blow up.
I laugh when I hear people trying to say that they never fight or disagree. I married and want a passionate person about beliefs and opinions, so disagreements and arguments come with the territory. It is healthy to not agree on things and get a different perspective.

I've been with my wife for 16 years and married for 9 with two amazing little girls.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Tell me about it.
Been asked if i'm gay, am i hiding a woman from her, or it's me and the world conspiring against her.

Thank christ for 5-htp and cortisol supps.
She's Iucky i'm off the tren for a while.
Us men are just well you know, can't really say it here.

But nothing does crazy like you girls do.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I laugh when I hear people trying to say that they never fight or disagree. I married and want a passionate person about beliefs and opinions, so disagreements and arguments come with the territory. It is healthy to not agree on things and get a different perspective.

I've been with my wife for 16 years and married for 9 with two amazing little girls.
we are on the same page!!!

like i said earlier the secret to a good relationship is learning how to fight/argue and stay within bounds. my wife and i have learned how far we can push each other without leading to all out war, lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, we can argue and exchange words for 5 min and then start another conversation like nothing happened. Just needed to get it out of the system and nothing is bottled up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep, we can argue and exchange words for 5 min and then start another conversation like nothing happened. Just needed to get it out of the system and nothing is bottled up.
you have learned well, grasshopper!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"The love line is never straight and narrow unless your love is tried and true" ~ VanHalen 5150

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"The love line is never straight and narrow unless your love is tried and true" ~ VanHalen 5150
the only birds that don't fight are cuckoo birds-thebigt 2014

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to agree with thebigT (great name btw, I'm Tom been carrying that nickname since high school :)

Married only 13 years 4year old girl and a 8 yr old boy.

You need a partner to get you through: health problems(you may need her/him to wipe your ass one day!), raise children- this is the big one, we don't want the lil princess to be a codependent, image driven drama whore.

At the same time I am teaching my son how to be a man. Not just providing $ for his lifestyle (that depends on you) but teaching him how to be a good person, independent thinker/problem solver and I am a VERY firm believer in HARD WORK. School is one thing but you better be able to get hands on solve problems if you want to be successful with career and as a partner.

Pick <--- LOL , someone you think you would want your son or daughter to be like.

Be ready for the toughest challenge of your life, the divorce rate here in FL is a whisker under 70%.

Marriage is a sacrament. Treat it as such.

I would have to agree about the PUSSIFICATION of the male. We are definitely letting women down.
Hey give them all a trophy right?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have to agree with thebigT (great name btw, I'm Tom been carrying that nickname since high school :)

Married only 13 years 4year old girl and a 8 yr old boy.

You need a partner to get you through: health problems(you may need her/him to wipe your ass one day!), raise children- this is the big one, we don't want the lil princess to be a codependent, image driven drama whore.

At the same time I am teaching my son how to be a man. Not just providing $ for his lifestyle (that depends on you) but teaching him how to be a good person, independent thinker/problem solver and I am a VERY firm believer in HARD WORK. School is one thing but you better be able to get hands on solve problems if you want to be successful with career and as a partner.

Pick <--- LOL , someone you think you would want your son or daughter to be like.

Be ready for the toughest challenge of your life, the divorce rate here in FL is a whisker under 70%.

Marriage is a sacrament. Treat it as such.

I would have to agree about the PUSSIFICATION of the male. We are definitely letting women down.
Hey give them all a trophy right?
i think women are the reason for pussification of males....there are legit rules/laws set up to protect women as the weaker sex and child bearing sex. but women have abused these privilages. women get in mens faces push and shove and dare a man to hit her, when he does it's off to prison...women as child bearers have always been thought of as nurturer's, and been given 'special' privilages as far as child custody...women have abused this privilage and realize they can neglect their children and be the biggest whore in town and still get custody, often times when they don't even want the child/children just as a vindetta against the man. then you have more women in positions of power/authority, they can use preferential treatment towards women with impunity.... women are well organized, men are not...it's only going to get worse, imo.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think women are the reason for pussification of males....there are legit rules/laws set up to protect women as the weaker sex and child bearing sex. but women have abused these privilages. women get in mens faces push and shove and dare a man to hit her, when he does it's off to prison...women as child bearers have always been thought of as nurturer's, and been given 'special' privilages as far as child custody...women have abused this privilage and realize they can neglect their children and be the biggest whore in town and still get custody, often times when they don't even want the child/children just as a vindetta against the man. then you have more women in positions of power/authority, they can use preferential treatment towards women with impunity.... women are well organized, men are not...it's only going to get worse, imo.
NOT ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THIS, SO THERE'S NO NEED TO GENERALIZE.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Just read through this. First, some guy asks a blog for advice. It then leads to people chiming in saying really moronic things. Then it leads to people who makes wildly stereotypical remarks that are insanely untrue to most women. Some of these guys have a sad and false sense of reality pertaining to the opposite sex. Maybe that's why some them are either single, divorced or feel miserable in their relationship. Again I just find this conversation on an anabolic/exercise blog to be pathetic.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
A thread appropriately placed in the general chat section sounds good to me lol.