Guys in relationships with women: does she know about your anabolic us

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering as I see a lot of posts on BB just about natural bodybuilding putting a strain on some people's relationships, with their wives or girlfriends questioning the safety of supps, nagging about spending too much time in the gym or having to plan meals, or (bizarrely) preferring their BF not being ripped since it means more jealousy and increased attention etc.

With that in mind, was just thinking about my ex who I'm still great friends with and who knows all about my own hormone dabbling (not taking anabolics per se but a bunch of PCT stuff to improve my naturally disastrous T:E2 / PRL ratio). She regularly nags me about it on the phone but has accepted that there's nothing she can say to change my mind - however, I shudder to think of what I'd have to listen to if we were still going out. :p

Similarly, was way with a mixed-gender group of friends last weekend, one noticed my spraying of formestane on my shoulders in the morning and a big discussion ensued - use of these products is rarer than I thought among my friends, let's just say. But none - male or female - were disapproving, more just curious about it all.

With this in mind... How much do you tell your partner? Is she supportive or disapproving? Is it a problem for you? Ever been in a "it's me or the supps" scenario? Any funny stories in this area?

turff49

turff49

Awards
My ex wife, who I met at the gym falls into this category. After we got married she started getting jealous of me going to the gym. She all of a sudden hated me using any supps and eventually we got divorced. That was 15 years ago. My wife now knows exactly what I use and although she doesn't approve of everything she is perfectly happy if it's what I want to do. She isn't a control freak like a lot of women are.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
It started out that way for my wife and I. We often have a debate of "what's healthy" it always ends in a mutual disengagement of the conversation. In the end she is extremely supportive as long as I am 100% honest. She has even since started taking some supplements herself. Just don't push the ladies you didn't convince them to climb into bed in five minute don't expect her to to come to your side in five minutes either

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Speak for yourself ;)
Lol. I think It speaks for itself. If the woman you've found doesn't have enough self discipline and self respect to not jump into bed after five minutes. I would never expect her to have enough self discipline to enjoy this life long fitness journey with you let alone have enough brains to understand supplementation.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of the time, the guys I date are surprised that I know so much! Gotta love AM.com :D

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every girl I've dated has known and only one ever had any kind of issue. But she just left st her not approving. Being honest has been the biggest thing. When they know your not lying it makes it all that much easier. These are also girls I trusted and who wouldn't turn around and try to screw me over with it.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
My wife knows I take supplements (the cabinet is full of them) but doesn't know or care about what they do. She has taken fat-burners and preworkouts in the past. But I doubt she understands what those bottles of Stano and Diabolix really are lol! The big issue is when I'm at the gym during the day. I work swing shift, so we don't see each other much. I compromised by working out at 6am (I get home around 1130pm). It's what I gotta do.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
Also, I really want to somehow get her to watch Bigger Stronger Faster* !!! It opened my eyes

jrunner

Awards
My girl knows and knows I won't stop. She is cool with it. Always be upfront, don't lie.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
My wife knows and is fine with it. Actually helps with difficult spots.

I always advocate of transparency in marriage and serious relationships. It can be discussed intelligently and it's about open honestly and including them in what you are doing.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
My girl don't give a fuk. She isn't dumb. She knew when she met me I used gear by looking at me. Turns out she did too. She supports me competing and has no problem whatsoever with my gear use, constant eating and gym time. She's right next to me. Now my past ex girlfriends had issues that's why they are my ex. My gym, food and competing come first. If they don't get it then see ya. Bodybuilding is what has come to define me. I NEED to diet and train, it's a must for me no matter how I feel. All my friends train too so there is no issues there. If they aren't onboard this gain train then stay off my tracks lol.

Now obviously I have priorities and my girl and kid come first. I provide and care for them like a real man should BUT they know the deal

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
My wife is fine with being interested in fitness and the gym and is a soon to be competitor hopeful herself. Rather than hold a grudge against the gym and being athletic, she's embraced it and set her own personal goals. She's a big fan of Nikki Blackketter, Dana Linn Bailey, and some of those people (although her goals are to be more a Bikini girl than Dana Linn Bailey size).

livestrong82

Awards
My gf knows I take anabolics and is ok with it, plus I have cabinet full of supps.. What I think she doesn't know is anabolics are injected lol soon ill break the news to her. She's not very educated into anabolics, she just works out natty

jrunner

Awards
When I first started dating my current gf, I was on test and drol. When the drol was done I added proviron. That **** turns your **** into a baseball bat. She sd I likey proviron

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Never brought it up to any of them. I did talk to one of my ex's brother about my use as he used too, but don't think he ever told her. They might of know because I've always been one of the bigger guys around, but never been asked.

ryclegman

ryclegman

Awards
Had one ex GF use it against me after we broke up so safe to say i keep everything on the DL now. "its just creatine" approach always works.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My girlfriend doesn't like it but knows I'm going to do it anyways so she just deals with it. I'm about to make her pin me for my first pinning cycle. I told her if she wants to be an RN it will be good practice. Lol

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Had one ex GF use it against me after we broke up so safe to say i keep everything on the DL now. "its just creatine" approach always works.
Lol it's all fine and dandy until you break up and she plasters what you do all over Facebook for friends and family to see..

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Lol it's all fine and dandy until you break up and she plasters what you do all over Facebook for friends and family to see..
My parents, brother and sister know. Most of my buddies compete or use gear. Go ahead post my **** on facebook... I ain't got one lol

Camstan9

Awards
My lady knows. Heck she offered to buy my cycle for my birthday. She doesn't really approve but she likes to see me happy and supports me. I got lucky

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes when I'm trying to break things off with her, I'll just leave the used syringes on the coffee table.

DarthGainer

Awards
MY current GF will never understand the gear use as she thinks caffeine is hard core drugs even when I do explain she drinks it all day.