Women and relationships

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
She gave me her house keys and wants me to move in with her end of Jan.

Maybe this should be the time I tell her?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The time you tell her what? To share meal costs when going out?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Just stop going out to eat with her. Problem solved. Seriously though, you have to say something. Communication is key and always will be.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
The trick is to not to pay for everything the first date. When I went with my current girl, we went to the movies, both of us paid separately as it was a double date so not too weird at all.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

if you have issue with something as petty and fundamental as paying for the date now sharing a toilet, a shower, a vanity, a kitchen, laundry, groceries, a television are going to be serious trouble for you. Not to mention rent, utilities, cable, room temperature, sheets and blankets and pillows and toilet paper, and everything else that come living together. Then there's also the friends and family dynamics as well. Moving in with her is about to be the first big mistake you make in this relationship and potentially your life. Move in relationship of convenience are the worst and end up with somebody getting pregnant, or unsuccessfully married and successfully divorced and or hurt and or all the above.

Granted, my 25yo son wont listen either. Good luck to both of you.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you have issue with something as petty and fundamental as paying for the date now sharing a toilet, a shower, a vanity, a kitchen, laundry, groceries, a television are going to be serious trouble for you. Not to mention rent, utilities, cable, room temperature, sheets and blankets and pillows and toilet paper, and everything else that come living together. Then there's also the friends and family dynamics as well. Moving in with her is about to be the first big mistake you make in this relationship and potentially your life. Move in relationship of convenience are the worst and end up with somebody getting pregnant, or unsuccessfully married and successfully divorced and or hurt and or all the above.

Granted, my 25yo son wont listen either. Good luck to both of you.
Agreed.. I'm 26, and I've been w my gf for 4 years.. Living together for only 8 months now (granted we spent many nights and days in a row together at our parents house/when we lived in the same dorm) but sharing an apartment and expenses can cause a lot of tension/issue if u aren't ready to surrender some control and make sacrifices. It's not easy finding someone that's worth doing for. Luckily my gf is very independent In the sense she hates when I pay for her or even carry things for her.... I made it clear tho that I am a man and it makes me look and feel bad if she is doing heavy lifting/carrying bags of groceries and I am empty handed.. We have no issues splitting responsibilities almost 50/50... And if for some reason one of us can't, we don't mind picking up the slack for other knowing they would do the exact same

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sigh* guys, why does the guy chase the girl, make her fall in love, then change? Someone answer me...

I hate when the roles are switched around. Girls feel like the table always get turned and we end up chasing for affection.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Agreed.. I'm 26, and I've been w my gf for 4 years.. Living together for only 8 months now (granted we spent many nights and days in a row together at our parents house/when we lived in the same dorm) but sharing an apartment and expenses can cause a lot of tension/issue if u aren't ready to surrender some control and make sacrifices. It's not easy finding someone that's worth doing for. Luckily my gf is very independent In the sense she hates when I pay for her or even carry things for her.... I made it clear tho that I am a man and it makes me look and feel bad if she is doing heavy lifting/carrying bags of groceries and I am empty handed.. We have no issues splitting responsibilities almost 50/50... And if for some reason one of us can't, we don't mind picking up the slack for other knowing they would do the exact same
That's the same with my situation but had been together 10 yrs, married 4 yrs and living together about 5-6yrs. We know how to split loads and pick up for one another. After awhile everything gets easier as long as both parties are open and comfortable with one another. I knw I'm making it sound everything is always perfect but this is life. Nothing is perfect ;)

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Sigh* guys, why does the guy chase the girl, make her fall in love, then change? Someone answer me...

I hate when the roles are switched around. Girls feel like the table always get turned and we end up chasing for affection.
A real man always know how to treat a lady, but yes there are a ton of lame dudes out there. Watch out for those landmines and some girls are the same btw :) no offense

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A real man always know how to treat a lady, but yes there are a ton of lame dudes out there. Watch out for those landmines and some girls are the same btw :) no offense
Ain't that the truth... Dealing with that a little bit for sure... Shes Kinda hot and cold. Im Having to accept that is her personality but also not sure if I can deal with it. Just kinda riding it out. All i know is I've never been able to tolerate anyone else this long... So ... Lol

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Ain't that the truth... Dealing with that a little bit for sure... Shes Kinda hot and cold. Im Having to accept that is her personality but also not sure if I can deal with it. Just kinda riding it out. All i know is I've never been able to tolerate anyone else this long... So ... Lol
If you can both tolerate each other for that long and it doesn't seem like it's going to get worse then you'll be good my man.

Hot n cold, that's all women lol good luck!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
We can tolerate each other day in and day out.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Married 13 years...

Know how emotional/crazy you can get when running some gear? That's how kooky their hormones are normally.

Throw in a decision and you have a 2 hour crises on your hands.

Run for the hills now my man, it looks like you may be under one of their mind tricks....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"I was alone an' I needed love
So much I sacrificed all I was dreaming of,
I heard no warning, but, a heart can tell
I'd feel the emptiness of love I know so well"

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No offense taken. I talked to the lover today and he's been frustrated with work and busy with his upcoming deployment; that's why he's been so distant. He apologized and said that well communicate better. :D I let him know that he can always come to me and that I'll understand and listen. I'm working on my part and he's working on his. Communication is definitely KEY.
Happy girl. :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can both tolerate each other for that long and it doesn't seem like it's going to get worse then you'll be good my man. Hot n cold, that's all women lol good luck!
Haha, oh yes! Crying one minute and laughing the next!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can both tolerate each other for that long and it doesn't seem like it's going to get worse then you'll be good my man.

Hot n cold, that's all women lol good luck!
So "tolerance" is the new "raised bar" for relationships?
I tolerate hemorrhoids.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So "tolerance" is the new "raised bar" for relationships?
I tolerate hemorrhoids.
No but it's like all women will u drive u nuts.. And no matter how HOT she is.. 'Someone somewhere is tired of her ****' lol we took a couple breaks of a month of two along the way... And always ended up coming back so it's safe to say it's where we want to be

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
No but it's like all women will u drive u nuts.. And no matter how HOT she is.. 'Someone somewhere is tired of her ****' lol we took a couple breaks of a month of two along the way... And always ended up coming back so it's safe to say it's where we want to be

Tell me about it, and when you snap it's all YOUR fault, never mind they're trying to slowly turn you insane oh no that's ok.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"I love my hardwood floors"
1 week ago

"I never wnt hardwood floors again, I have to clean them all the time!"
Today

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Guys are always wrong and girls are always apologizing.
For me i'm lucky to get any form of an apology, usually a few huffs and some general disdain until she finds something else to kick up about.

I'm on about my mother mind, dementia is not a nice thing to have nor put up with as you get to see all their worst traits come out to play.

If i ever find me a good woman, believe me im not letting go :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me i'm lucky to get any form of an apology, usually a few huffs and some general disdain until she finds something else to kick up about. I'm on about my mother mind, dementia is not a nice thing to have nor put up with as you get to see all their worst traits come out to play. If i ever find me a good woman, believe me im not letting go :D

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/04/The-Sexodus-Part-1-The-Men-Giving-Up-On-Women-And-Checking-Out-Of-Society/

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
Just like she said, don't think too much into it.

And what do you mean by getting her to let her guard down and let you in?
Do you want her to open up more sexually or emotionally?

If you mean emotionally then I'd say just forget about it and let her come to you.

Just focus on making your time together enjoyable, f*** like a savage, and the emotional aspect will unfold from there as it's supposed to.

Edit:
Bottom line - don't unnecessarily complicate things and go with the flow. All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet, be the yin to your lady's yang, (insert cliche but relevant hippie saying here), yada yada etc.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just like she said, don't think too much into it. And what do you mean by getting her to let her guard down and let you in? Do you want her to open up more sexually or emotionally? If you mean emotionally then I'd say just forget about it and let her come to you. Just focus on making your time together enjoyable, f*** like a savage, and the emotional aspect will unfold from there as it's supposed to. Edit: Bottom line - don't unnecessarily complicate things and go with the flow. All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet, be the yin to your lady's yang, (insert cliche but relevant hippie saying here), yada yada etc.
We all have a defense mechanism due to being hurt. If we don't spill too much info, we won't fall too hard and if we don't fall too hard, we won't hurt as much if it doesn't work out. It took me a while to open up to my lover and when I did, I cried like a baby.

I'm always surprised to see a man overthink like a woman. I've been told too many times that women always overthink a relationship while men just go with the flow. I guess at the end of the day, we're all just humans with raw human emotions...

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We all have a defense mechanism due to being hurt. If we don't spill too much info, we won't fall too hard and if we don't fall too hard, we won't hurt as much if it doesn't work out. It took me a while to open up to my lover and when I did, I cried like a baby.

I'm always surprised to see a man overthink like a woman. I've been told too many times that women always overthink a relationship while men just go with the flow. I guess at the end of the day, we're all just humans with raw human emotions...
Sometimes that overthinking is more protective than we think. I recently got divorced, and it was nasty because I caught my wife cheating. She hurt me very badly and created some very deep seeded trust issues for me. I used to me a VERY trusting person. Learning that trust was completely miss placed was a serious hit to the ego and my fundamental thoughts on relationships. It's been a very hard road for my current girlfriend and I because of it. I've been very guarded with her, as well as some of my friends. So while it may seem like over thinking a relationship sometimes is a bad thing, there are times when it's neccessary.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
It does make you wonder where relationships are heading.
Is it any wonder people are so insular nowadays, when it's hard to know who you can really trust.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes that overthinking is more protective than we think. I recently got divorced, and it was nasty because I caught my wife cheating. She hurt me very badly and created some very deep seeded trust issues for me. I used to me a VERY trusting person. Learning that trust was completely miss placed was a serious hit to the ego and my fundamental thoughts on relationships. It's been a very hard road for my current girlfriend and I because of it. I've been very guarded with her, as well as some of my friends. So while it may seem like over thinking a relationship sometimes is a bad thing, there are times when it's neccessary.
Sorry to hear about your situation.

There's a saying that goes:

"Life makes love look hard."

Life is easy, people are complicated...

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
It works both ways in a relationship my man, if she's not making as much of an effort as you are to connect, then for starters back up. Ya don't want to come off as your more into her than shes into you, then shell just be messing with your head. Trick is to not care as much as you do then shell want to be more into you to stick around. Remember you maybe into her and she may not be that into you, if that's the case do you really wanna keep chasing something you cant catch and your wasting your time?? Think about it, but besides that dude keep doing what your doing or be more distant and see what happens your ball game

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It works both ways in a relationship my man, if she's not making as much of an effort as you are to connect, then for starters back up. Ya don't want to come off as your more into her than shes into you, then shell just be messing with your head. Trick is to not care as much as you do then shell want to be more into you to stick around. Remember you maybe into her and she may not be that into you, if that's the case do you really wanna keep chasing something you cant catch and your wasting your time?? Think about it, but besides that dude keep doing what your doing or be more distant and see what happens your ball game
Ugh, so tired of the head games. My friend is stressed out and crying right now because her BF is doing this crap and she won't speak up!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, my ex wife and I were together for 8-1/2 years, and have 2 kids together. She wrecked our relationship, she wrecked me, and she's wrecking our kids. Hard to get beyond that with my current relationship.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, my ex wife and I were together for 8-1/2 years, and have 2 kids together. She wrecked our relationship, she wrecked me, and she's wrecking our kids. Hard to get beyond that with my current relationship.
Can I ask how long you waited before you started dating again?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

or men have become womanized, lol. a real man is a threat to todays society!!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can I ask how long you waited before you started dating again?
Well, my wife and I started having problems around last October or November, which is where I figured out that's when she started seeing el douchebag. So it got worse until the beginning of May when I moved out. I started dating the beginning of July.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
or men have become womanized, lol. a real man is a threat to todays society!!!
I use the term demasculized but that is the truth. The modern independent self sufficient woman is to blame that men are pusseys.

Men (boys) today are either predators or pusseys and woman are to blame for both. Men are clueless.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use the term demasculized but that is the truth. The modern independent self sufficient woman is to blame that men are pusseys. Men (boys) today are either predators or pusseys and woman are to blame for both. Men are clueless.
I agree. I've been told that I'm a little too intimidating before. It just shows that they didn't try to get to know me.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, my wife and I started having problems around last October or November, which is where I figured out that's when she started seeing el douchebag. So it got worse until the beginning of May when I moved out. I started dating the beginning of July.
Well, I'm glad you took some time out to work on yourself and reflect on life before you jumped into another relationship. It takes time. I'm still pretty F'd up in the head sometimes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use the term demasculized but that is the truth. The modern independent self sufficient woman is to blame that men are pusseys.

Men (boys) today are either predators or pusseys and woman are to blame for both. Men are clueless.
women used to be held to a higher standard, if they behaved badly they were labeled and ostracized from society...today women are free to act as badly as they like without repercussions...women have proven that given this freedom they are every bit as capable of doing bad as men, but have added protections built in-a judge will still give a mother rights over a dad even if dad is more fit to raise the child, this double standard needs to stop. turning on the tears should not be a get out of jail free pass!!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I'm glad you took some time out to work on yourself and reflect on life before you jumped into another relationship. It takes time. I'm still pretty F'd up in the head sometimes.
We all are to some extent.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established

Trouble is women don't know what they want from us, so we wind up guessing.
One minute they want a nice man, then they get bored and run off with a bad boy.
Too many want it all their own way.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trouble is women don't know what they want from us, so we wind up guessing. One minute they want a nice man, then they get bored and run off with a bad boy. Too many want it all their own way.
All I want is to hold his hand while walking down the street, cuddle on the couch, spoon in bed, midnight s*x, morning he*d, cook him breakfast, come home to him, go out to dinner sometimes, cook together sometimes, both be passionate about life, love, and training. Motivate each other to succeed, have a life together but know that we can both enjoy a little time apart; stimulate each other's mind, late night talks about everything and anything, PDA him without a care in the world, love each other's families like our own, and succeed together.... :)

A REAL MAN.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All I want is to hold his hand while walking down the street, cuddle on the couch, spoon in bed, midnight s*x, morning he*d, cook him breakfast, come home to him, go out to dinner sometimes, cook together sometimes, both be passionate about life, love, and training. Motivate each other to succeed, have a life together but know that we can both enjoy a little time apart; stimulate each other's mind, late night talks about everything and anything, PDA him without a care in the world, love each other's families like our own, and succeed together.... :)

A REAL MAN.
A FANTASY MAN

juniorab

juniorab

Awards

A REAL MAN.
Quit watching so many damn movies! ;)