Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

• Total voters
Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Did you just see those Machinist pics I posted ? Muscle memory ? Christian Bale looks partially dead in those photos.

I just got off the phone with Christian. He confirmed he ran Anadrol into Test. Then added some Superdrol in the middle.

bale.jpg

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That's what I thought. I was talking to Hugh Jackman earlier this morning about the same thing and he told me since China has been under the US Government in terms of importing D-Bol/Anadrol, that he had to use Superdrol as a kickstart back when he started filming X-Men.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i believe in an interview, Gerard butler said they put a body suit on him, that that wasnt his real body. if i can find it ill post it.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that Amer His X Norton photo may cause some controversy...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Physiques like that of Bale and the others posted in this thread are NOT exceptional when viewed as they are. Where the questioning comes into play (if you even care) is could it be done in such a short amount of time without outside help?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

2RIIPPED

Awards
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. Most of the actors mentioned here are not using anything but hard work and a good diet. If you think you can't attain those physiques except through steroid usage then you really know nothing about training and diet.
Yeah right, thats a bogus claim. Sure you can look that good without juice, but considering how much these guys physiques change in such a short period of time theres not a chance that your statement is true.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This is what I was alluding to all along. It's not the physique primarly, it is the exaggerated transformation in such a short period of time.

Not to offend anyone, but to think you can change so drastically (3 months) on just training/dieting @ 40 yrs old is very naive.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I really dont see why it would in the context of this thread but I guess I'll remove it either way.
I liked the pic selection personally. There's just some ultra sensitive people out there. There's this older gent who worked with me years ago who grew up in the South. He had a small sticker of the confederate flag on his truck as part of his heritage. Someone seen it and got 'offended' so the company (huge Japanese company) told him to remove it or else. He refused since it reflects his heritage and they fired him. He got an atty & fought it, sadly he lost. It actually made national news.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'm not so sure about a few of these. The Christian Bale transformation was sickening, no way he went from 130-230 without a little injectable help.

Gerard Butler? I don't think so, look at him in the crappy movie "Timeline". He takes his shirt off at one stage and looks almost exactly like he did in 300 build-wise, just at a higher bf %. And if you read up on their training regiment, I don't see why 90 days of intense training with a regimented diet wouldn't see him packing on a few lbs of lean mass and shredding off the bodyfat.

Brad Pitt in Troy? Dude wasn't that jacked. He spent 3 months prior to that movie, on site, lifting, training, and eating. I see that physique as accomplish able.

Now the question remains, did they take the easier route and add some steroids? Possibly, and I do believe Hollywood actors use for some of their roles. I just don't think they all do. I'd like to believe Gerard didn't. Give me 3 months of two a days with a good trainer and perfectly prepared meals, and I'll show you a 300 body like Butler's.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I'm not so sure about a few of these. The Christian Bale transformation was sickening, no way he went from 130-230 without a little injectable help.

Gerard Butler? I don't think so, look at him in the crappy movie "Timeline". He takes his shirt off at one stage and looks almost exactly like he did in 300, just at a higher bf %. And if you read up on their training regiment, I don't see why 90 days of intense training with a regimented diet wouldn't see him packing on a few lbs of lean mass and shredding off the bodyfat.

Brad Pitt in Troy? Dude wasn't that jacked. He spent 3 months prior to that movie, on site, lifting, training, and eating. I see that physique as accomplish able.

Now the question remains, did they take the easier route and add some steroids? Possibly, and I do believe Hollywood actors use for some of their roles. I just don't think they all do. I'd like to believe Gerard didn't. Give me 3 months of two a days with a good trainer and perfectly prepared meals, and I'll show you a 300 body like Butler's.
Butler's questionable, but I don't think many realize that airbrushing & CGI was constant in every frame of 300 as well. But for Bale to gain 17 pounds a month for 6 straight months, and 99% being all pure mass...

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
i would say that some of the physiques may be possible lets look at someone who just dieted down for a show, their bodies are often depleted of water and carbohydrates or for the purpose of this discussion glycogen. So your body is in a state of what it feels to be "starvation and dehydration" in that case when the said person "reloads" with "normal" food thier bodies often freak out because they were convinced that they were dying, so now they hold onto all the water and gylcogen which causes a huge amount of glycogen retention. Glycogen retention can happen with a slight depletion of glycogen levels, so with a BB show or say perhaps the case of christian bale where he looks seriously depleted of glycogen his body would store every amount of both that and water if and when they were given back to his body due to survival instinct ingrained into us by years of evolution simply because our brain is storing them in the case that starvation and dehydration will happen again. If one uses this to there advantage they can actually build a signifigant amount of muscle mass due muscle memory or neuromuscular facilitation in which muscles remember particular motor skills or in this case remember being larger. So simply the size come backs quickly and with glycogen retention there is also large release of insulin which causes amino acids to be shuttled to muscle receptor sites which also sparks the growth. with this type of scenerio or one similar it is possible for that amount of weight in question to be gained with proper stimulation and nutriet timing without the use of hormones simply for the fact that when used to your advantage you can manipulate your bodies hormones to help produce an extremely anabolic enviroment

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. Most of the actors mentioned here are not using anything but hard work and a good diet. If you think you can't attain those physiques except through steroid usage then you really know nothing about training and diet.
Alright, then here is a proposition:

If you can lose 55% of your bodyfat (or a smaller percentage if you are already in the single digits), while putting on 15 - 20lbs LBM, in 20 weeks, and provide blood tests to provide you are natural, I will provide you with free USP Labs products (three a month) for one year.

Now, those are not exaggerated, but that was Ryan Renolds' transformation for Blade Trinity. He completed that transformation, from a sedentary lifestyle, in exactly 5 months. I am awaiting your massive transformation.

Key you are missing out on here: most of these actors were sedentary, untrained individuals, with no prior fitness experience. While the physiques displayed herein are not that impressive in and of themselves, the issue is tissue turnover rate. I do not mean to be the bearer of unfortunate news, but naturally, the body can only synthesize about 1/2 lb of LBM (key word, LBM) weekly. That equates to 2lbs a month. Some of these actors gained 20lbs in 5 months, nearly doubling that amount.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Gerard Butler? I don't think so, look at him in the crappy movie "Timeline". He takes his shirt off at one stage and looks almost exactly like he did in 300 build-wise, just at a higher bf %. And if you read up on their training regiment, I don't see why 90 days of intense training with a regimented diet wouldn't see him packing on a few lbs of lean mass and shredding off the bodyfat.

Awesome! Then you and Sir Foxx are both going to engage in my challenge?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep in mind, I am unconcerned with where either of your physiques stand as we speak. I am concerned with your tissue turnover rate - or rather, the percentages of adipose and LBM that you respectively decrease and increase.

I am excited!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I definitely feel that many stars run low-dose Test and some Anavar before filming. We cannot forget the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe training. While many of us are dedicated as possible, the natural stresses of payed labor can cause some very real hormonal changes that affect our ability to gain. If you had access to an entire team of outside perspective (that, really, is what a trainer provides), the highest quality food being cooked for you (as we all miss meals due to laziness), the highest quality equipment, and were being payed to get huge, your progress would be phenomenal! However, with that being said, I assume low-dose Test and Var would be the drugs of choice due to low side-effect profile and low proclivity for bloat.
This one is HUGE, we could all be alot more impressive if our meals were taken care of for us and we could all afford the best foods.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I only gain between .5lb-1lb naturally each month. 1lb on a good month. drug free of course.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only gain between .5lb-1lb naturally each month. 1lb on a good month. drug free of course.
And assuming, realistically, only 35-50% of that gain is LBM (we must take adipose, glycogen, and water into account) that places you at .5lb LBM monthly. Obviously, an actor is couched in ideal conditions; however, with that said, the human body can yet only produce .5lb LBM weekly, under ideal conditions.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Mark Twight is NOT a guy who would take shortcuts. His philosophy on training is quite the opposite. A large portion of the guys in the film came from martial arts backgrounds. Not exactly the sedentary lifestyle that is constantly getting refered to. Also keep in mind these guys weren't that big. If there was a picture of one of them on a scale and he weighed over 190 I'd be extremely surprised. I wouldn't don't there were a few that did use some sort of anabolics on their own.

http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=36

I highly recommend reading more of his essays. I've found them to be helpfull and inspriring.

Above is my opinion. Its not right, its not wrong, it is what it is.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Mark Twight is NOT a guy who would take shortcuts. His philosophy on training is quite the opposite. A large portion of the guys in the film came from martial arts backgrounds. Not exactly the sedentary lifestyle that is constantly getting refered to. Also keep in mind these guys weren't that big. If there was a picture of one of them on a scale and he weighed over 190 I'd be extremely surprised. I wouldn't don't there were a few that did use some sort of anabolics on their own.

http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=36

I highly recommend reading more of his essays. I've found them to be helpfull and inspriring.

Above is my opinion. Its not right, its not wrong, it is what it is.
I was not referring to the 300 actors, at any point - especially not the extras. As well, you would be interested to know Gerald Butler's training occurred primarily with a bodybuilder from Venezuela, and the '300' workout was a one-of endurance test.

You can take up my challenge as well, if you wish?

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
I was not referring to the 300 actors, at any point - especially not the extras. As well, you would be interested to know Gerald Butler's training occurred primarily with a bodybuilder from Venezuela, and the '300' workout was a one-of endurance test.

You can take up my challenge as well, if you wish?

I was on Incarnate and Leviathan when I made the best gains in 2 months. 100 DB Flats for 5 up to 120 for 10. Maxed my bench at 345 without haven;t benched for months. No need to prove anyhting to you or anyone else. I don't remember ever refering to you my post so I'm not sure why you feel the need to jump at it. If you need to play a now it all on the internet to get by then by all means pick apart all the posts you want to prove to yourself how intelligent you are. I merely stated my opinion and did not attack anyone. Have a good day. sir.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was on Incarnate and Leviathan when I made the best gains in 2 months. 100 DB Flats for 5 up to 120 for 10. Maxed my bench at 345 without haven;t benched for months. No need to prove anyhting to you or anyone else. I don't remember ever refering to you my post so I'm not sure why you feel the need to jump at it. If you need to play a now it all on the internet to get by then by all means pick apart all the posts you want to prove to yourself how intelligent you are. I merely stated my opinion and did not attack anyone. Have a good day. sir.
Huh? Easy does it diesel. I could care less about how much strength you gained - I was merely giving you the opportunity to make incredible gains with a reward at the end.

FYI: I have made the best gains of my life, percentage wise, during a 6-week DC Blast period using only ReCreate and P-Slin.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Mullet, I'm by no way saying that they didn't use anabolics. I'm just saying that some of those physiques are possible to obtain for the guys who already have a solid base. Gerard had a solid base prior to his training for the film. I've gone back and taken a much more in depth look at his before and after photos.

I'm inclined to say he used as well. Here is a before and an after picture. You can clearly see he lost a large amount of bodyfat. His abs became Greek God-like and his chest and arms and lats filled out to a large degree.

So although I feel he had a decent base to begin with, I'd have to agree that his transformation in a brief 3 month period is fairly large.

Attachments

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Huh? Easy does it diesel. I could care less about how much strength you gained - I was merely giving you the opportunity to make incredible gains with a reward at the end.

FYI: I have made the best gains of my life, percentage wise, during a 6-week DC Blast period using only ReCreate and P-Slin.

Why you playin an internet now it all ?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet, I'm by no way saying that they didn't use anabolics. I'm just saying that some of those physiques are possible to obtain for the guys who already have a solid base. Gerard had a solid base prior to his training for the film. I've gone back and taken a much more in depth look at his before and after photos.

I'm inclined to say he used as well. Here is a before and an after picture.
I apologize if I come off combative, it is most likely my language use.

My point, as made above, was merely tissue turnover ratios - it is impossible to lose 50% of your bodyfat, and gain 20lbs of LBM naturally, in 20 weeks time. As in physiologically, it is impossible (not being sarcastic). As I said earlier, this type of tissue turnover is not possible without hard training, and an impeccable diet; conversely, those traits must be assisted.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
The biggest difference in Butler are the CGI'd abs.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
CGI had nothing to do with it. It was MOSTLY airbrushing. You can't CGI like that unless he was wearing a full-body suit, which he wasn't. I'm guessing that there was chemical enhancement but I also feel that with the correct diet, training, lighting and makeup that anyone could be made to look better than they actually are despite them not actualy looking that good in real life. (If that makes any sense. LOL)

2RIIPPED

Awards
Personally I don't think the people from 300 were using AAS as much as GH. They don't have a lot of mass they just look ripped.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Alright, then here is a proposition:

If you can lose 55% of your bodyfat (or a smaller percentage if you are already in the single digits), while putting on 15 - 20lbs LBM, in 20 weeks, and provide blood tests to provide you are natural, I will provide you with free USP Labs products (three a month) for one year.

Now, those are not exaggerated, but that was Ryan Renolds' transformation for Blade Trinity. He completed that transformation, from a sedentary lifestyle, in exactly 5 months. I am awaiting your massive transformation.

Key you are missing out on here: most of these actors were sedentary, untrained individuals, with no prior fitness experience. While the physiques displayed herein are not that impressive in and of themselves, the issue is tissue turnover rate. I do not mean to be the bearer of unfortunate news, but naturally, the body can only synthesize about 1/2 lb of LBM (key word, LBM) weekly. That equates to 2lbs a month. Some of these actors gained 20lbs in 5 months, nearly doubling that amount.
You weren't being rude or attacking him, you were stating the obvious. Hell, if someone gained that much naturally in 5 months, I would fly them to San Diego and pay them to train me personally.

What was said earlier, that hasn't been brought up enough, is HOW INCREDIBLY BUSY these famous actors and actresses are. I work as videographer/photographer as a day job, our hours often go over 12 a day, often 6 times a week, and I don't have to do rehearsals, nor am I working on big budget LA/NY gigs. These guys are, and they shoot multiple films a year. You figure the average film takes between 6-8 months of serious involvement for an starring actor, and they are often overlapping with other films the actor is working on. I don't care if they are on location or in a studio behind a green screen, they don't keep hours that allow for the kind of bodybuilding that it would take to make those transformations. I don't personally know anyone making those kinds of gains naturally. Maybe some highschool kids that hit a huge growth spurt and happened to be training and eating right at the same time. But that is it. Definately not some 30 somthing actor in hollyweird. These people may be fit, but they aren't that into it. There are a lot more people out there willing to do a cycle than would admit to actually doing a cycle. Plus with plenty of money for training, advice, food, and yes the drugs, I say that it is very common for actors to juice.

I am surprised nobody has brought up Mark Wahlberg in The Italian Job. He looked freaking jacked in that.

Good thread reaper!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Their job is to look good, so they commit 100% of their time to training, eating, juicing, etc....that's what they get paid as actors to do.

However, I'm willing to get 99.99% of those Hollywood actors use anabolics for their films that require a 'big' look.
Don't yall commit 100% of your time to getting bigger and leaner?I know I do.I have to constantly remind myself that I work so I can pay for my gym membership,food,supps,and the internet. :lol: My life literally revolves around getting bigger and leaner.With a little more emphasis on one or the other at different times.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
You weren't being rude or attacking him, you were stating the obvious. Hell, if someone gained that much naturally in 5 months, I would fly them to San Diego and pay them to train me personally.

What was said earlier, that hasn't been brought up enough, is HOW INCREDIBLY BUSY these famous actors and actresses are. I work as videographer/photographer as a day job, our hours often go over 12 a day, often 6 times a week, and I don't have to do rehearsals, nor am I working on big budget LA/NY gigs. These guys are, and they shoot multiple films a year. You figure the average film takes between 6-8 months of serious involvement for an starring actor, and they are often overlapping with other films the actor is working on. I don't care if they are on location or in a studio behind a green screen, they don't keep hours that allow for the kind of bodybuilding that it would take to make those transformations. I don't personally know anyone making those kinds of gains naturally. Maybe some highschool kids that hit a huge growth spurt and happened to be training and eating right at the same time. But that is it. Definately not some 30 somthing actor in hollyweird. These people may be fit, but they aren't that into it. There are a lot more people out there willing to do a cycle than would admit to actually doing a cycle. Plus with plenty of money for training, advice, food, and yes the drugs, I say that it is very common for actors to juice.

I am surprised nobody has brought up Mark Wahlberg in The Italian Job. He looked freaking jacked in that.

Good thread reaper!

MM.jpg

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matthew McConaughey was absolutely and very obviously on something in Dragon Slayer

Based on his facial change I would not be surprised if it were M1T

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Don't yall commit 100% of your time to getting bigger and leaner?I know I do.I have to constantly remind myself that I work so I can pay for my gym membership,food,supps,and the internet. :lol: My life literally revolves around getting bigger and leaner.With a little more emphasis on one or the other at different times.
It would be nice to think that I commit 100% of my time, but it would be more honest to say I try to put forth 100% of my ability and effort to get bigger. I wish I got paid to do this, but I don't. There are things like rent and family that come before bodybuilding, I haven't met too many homeless bodybuilders. You do have to prioritize, but in reality this post is about actors who's concern may be their looks, but I don't think they have the time or ability to make the kinds of changes we are talking about in the amount of time we are talking about.

BTW, Thanks a lot Ziquor for finding the gayest picture of mark wahlberg you could. lol.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It would be nice to think that I commit 100% of my time, but it would be more honest to say I try to put forth 100% of my ability and effort to get bigger. I wish I got paid to do this, but I don't. There are things like rent and family that come before bodybuilding, I haven't met too many homeless bodybuilders. You do have to prioritize, but in reality this post is about actors who's concern may be their looks, but I don't think they have the time or ability to make the kinds of changes we are talking about in the amount of time we are talking about.

BTW, Thanks a lot Ziquor for finding the gayest picture of mark wahlberg you could. lol.
I have a dog but no immediate family.Nothing can stand in my way of getting all 5 wo's in a week and getting protien and carbs in my belly every 2-3 hrs.Their have been plenty of times getting home from work after 9:00 and having to wake up at 4:30 and rushing to get ready and get my meals cooked and heading to the gym to do it all over again.Just depends on how obsessed you are really.I play the guitar but will never call myself a musician.I don't compete and don't plan to,but I'm every bit of a bb'r as a competitive bb'r is.I'm just referring to reapers post about actors giving it 100%.Most pro bb'rs work too.Just some off the top of my head is ben white who works for a news channel and even works unexpected over time regularly.One who's a pilot but I forgot his name.Branch is a personal trainer and owns and operates a gym.Ronnie Coleman was a police officer at first while competing.He eventually went to part time then retired.I have read that most pro's have real jobs.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They do because up until they are top tier winners they don't get paid ****.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I have a dog but no immediate family.Nothing can stand in my way of getting all 5 wo's in a week and getting protien and carbs in my belly every 2-3 hrs.Their have been plenty of times getting home from work after 9:00 and having to wake up at 4:30 and rushing to get ready and get my meals cooked and heading to the gym to do it all over again.Just depends on how obsessed you are really.I play the guitar but will never call myself a musician.I don't compete and don't plan to,but I'm every bit of a bb'r as a competitive bb'r is.I'm just referring to reapers post about actors giving it 100%.Most pro bb'rs work too.Just some off the top of my head is ben white who works for a news channel and even works unexpected over time regularly.One who's a pilot but I forgot his name.Branch is a personal trainer and owns and operates a gym.Ronnie Coleman was a police officer at first while competing.He eventually went to part time then retired.I have read that most pro's have real jobs.
Ok, granted a lot of pro's do have real jobs. A lot of pro's real jobs revolve around a gym. Yes, Ronnie was a cop and I am most serious BB's have serious time consuming jobs. It's just that you said commit 100% of your time, that would mean a job would be out the window. If I committed 100% of my time, I would wake up, eat, work out, eat, take a nap, eat, read, eat, sleep, and then wake up and do it again. That is it. No family, no job, no girlfriend, etc. that would 100% of my time in my opinion. I'm not really trying to argue with you, I just thought it could be said a bit clearer. I get what you mean though, I, as well as you, try to make sure that I get in ALL my workouts, and eat ALL my meals, and get ALL my sleep. It's just that life comes up every now and again.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I commit 100% to a lifestyle.

A lifestyle and obsessiveness are not the same.

I am anti-obsessive and pro lifestyle.

Life-Style with the emphasis on life :D

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established

x2. Just as I work to live, yet some live to work. :whip:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established

Right on man. Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated anyway. There are just certain lines that, I at least, have to draw. Granted not much gets in the way of a workout, but there are things in life that aren't worth missing out on.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Well, Christian Bale dropped to 130lbs in The Machinist. In 6 months he got to 230lbs for Batman @ 6'1". He was approx 30 yrs old when he did this.

protein shakes and red meat isn't going to put on 100lbs of muscle in 6 months.
If you force yourself to lose it then it is a great possibility to re-gain nearly all of it...
I don't see why people say it's hard though; i've dieted down for a local comp to meet in at 150 and 8 months later i was back at 195, with abs, with the use of NO assistance from pro/ass.

That dude from the bond flick looks like an average dude from around here...it just looks like he worked shoulders and chest to the extreme...

I bet his legs weren't as "jacked" looking. All that is easy to obtain if your spot building, which Is what most actors,rappers,singers do. They spot build; they rarely work entire body, with the exception of a FEW hundred out of thousands.

I can introduce you to a couple dudes that just got out of the joint(prison) that will make a believer outta ya on constant workouts and spot building doing wonders for specific muscle sites....There's a guy that used to live about 5 miles from me that went to prison for 15 months...he went in weighing 130ish, came out near 210ish and ripped like someone carved him...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I know exactly what your saying; however, those aren't real jobs. Well, they are real jobs technically but when your a cop that aint really on the beat(no disrespect, i love ronnie), your not running people down with a gun; or getting shot at on a traffic stop, he was chasing run-a-ways and minor domestic violence cases; that's a huge mental relief.

I've yet to see any software engineers, biologist, or biz executive guys competing in the O'. I just don't see there being a 100% commitment to anything of that sort, but I do understand that you try and give it 100% which leads to phenomenal results and that is all that really matters.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
wow anyone with half a decent body gets labelled a steriod user. Its really quite pathetic.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Matthew McConaughey was absolutely and very obviously on something in Dragon Slayer

Based on his facial change I would not be surprised if it were M1T

Sorry to say I must disagree. Matthew McConaughey is fitness obsessed and always in extremely good shap. My $0.02 :D