vikinginc's Xtremely[!] Stoked[!] about his Epi[©] Journey from ~T7 to D4~

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Guess I'm kind of the opposite. I almost always start my exercises off with Military Press - aside from some warmup motions with a weighted fitness bar thing...

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Guess I'm kind of the opposite. I almost always start my exercises off with Military Press - aside from some warmup motions with a weighted fitness bar thing...
Me too. I always try to take out the big compound moves first.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I am under the impression I am among the few who don't like that .. My shoulders have always been a 'trouble-area' with pains and aches, didn't really get a feel for them for the longest time. They're almost 'vulnerable' to me . . so I've got to be careful how I go about the next couple weeks, as the strength will skyyyyrocket !!

Just because I don't like to start off with a compound exercise for shoulders, doesn't mean I don't do it .. thinking back, i tend to always start with behind-neck or front presses - whether seated, standing, smith or hammer. I guess DB presses just didn't do me any good to start with ! I did admit to not warming up thoroughly . . but for DB presses, i feel like my entire upper body has to be warmed up/pumped, not merely my shoulders. Balancing each dumbbell with an individual hand forces you to take in use secondary muscles, and the exercise becomes much more strict. In August, I was comfortably doing 100 lbs DB presses, but only when it was my third or fourth shoulder exercise in a given workout.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Arrrrghhhh, I keep looking at what time it is .. it's now 3.20PM. My damn Xtend isn't in yet. It's OUT ON DELIVERY TRUCK (FEDEX), but not yet here.. This sucks .. I'm impatient. I dosed my 20mg EPI two hours ago .. I'm ready NOW. ARRRGHHH !!!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great. Simply dose your Anabolic Pump 15 minutes prior to the beginning of training; be sure to hydrate well and utilize BCAAs if you have them!
so i used this protocol this morning for a crossfit routine which included the following:
1 mile run, then 100 pushups, 200 sit ups, 300 air squats, and finally a 1 mile run.

finished in 65 minutes.

powered through this no problem. looked extremely vascular and lean even 30 minutes after i finished and i got home to look in the mirror. and only carbs i had last night were some sweet potatoes and cranberry apple stuffed chicken.

and dood, viking, intense workouts. sounds like your stack is working awesome. you still using the myozene/whey routine?

and are you using the T7 yet?

keep up the awesome workouts. cheers brotha!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so i used this protocol this morning for a crossfit routine which included the following:
1 mile run, then 100 pushups, 200 sit ups, 300 air squats, and finally a 1 mile run.

finished in 65 minutes.

powered through this no problem. looked extremely vascular and lean even 30 minutes after i finished and i got home to look in the mirror. and only carbs i had last night were some sweet potatoes and cranberry apple stuffed chicken.

and dood, viking, intense workouts. sounds like your stack is working awesome. you still using the myozene/whey routine?

and are you using the T7 yet?

keep up the awesome workouts. cheers brotha!
Definitely an amazing protocol! That being said, the key is activity; without it, the demand for energy is non-existent, and therefore your body will not enact the natural energy cascades involved in lipolysis, inhibition of TG and cholesterol synthesis, and oxidative consumption. Considering the inhibition of cellular respiration is what initially enacts Berberine-mediated MGU (muscle glucose uptake), one must prominently disturb the extracellular AMP:ATP (as AMP:ATP ratio rises, the body recognizes glycolytic consumption, and demands glucose [remembering that ATP is the eventual byproduct of glycolysis]; in times of chronic glucose depravation [i.e., Ketosis or this protocol] your body will demand the next available source of energy to oxidize in order to rebalance the ratio of cellular respiration - this source being FAs) ratio in order to avoid feelings of light-headedness and lethargy vis-a-vis oxidative energy provision! Essentially, dosing AP on an empty stomach enacts the broader processes of Ketosis: The body hydrolyzing stored triglycerides (into fatty acids) and producing ketone bodies in response to; a) chronic glucose depravation and; b) the demand for energy (which is thereby met by lipid consumption). When individuals dose AP and wait too long to eat - without activity - they are only meeting the first criterion, and thereby these side-effects are produced! This protocol necessarily fulfills both criterion, and this is exactly why one experiences increased stamina, increased strength, and increased adipose loss as opposed to the opposite.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #7:

Gym Assault: Chest

Incline Barbell Press - (135 * 12, 185 * 12) 225 * 10, 275 * 3, 245 * 8, 245 * 6, 225 * 8, 225 * 6
Flat DB Presses - (70 * 12) 100 * 10, 110 * 8, 120 * 4, 120 * 4

Wide-grip Machine Incline Press - (130 * 12), 150 * 12, 170 * 10, 210 * 8

Flat DB Flyes - 40 * 15, 40 * 15, 50 * 12, 50 * 12
superset with
Standing DB Shrugs - 100 * 30, 125 * 25, 125 * 25, 150 * 20

DB Pullovers - 100 * 10, 100 * 8, 100 * 8 reps
superset with
Push-ups (toes on bench, hands on floor; upper-chest focus) - 20, 15, 15 reps

Weight - ?

Here's the Gym Assault: Chest footage:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRRLwyBNylo"]YouTube - An Epi(c) Gym Assault IV[/ame]

Overall, an intense, sick, explosive, vascular, pumped workout ! I was on a mission of pec destruction. I was jumped over the people in the gym like they were hurdles on my way from DBs to DBs and exercise to exercise. I walked around with my head held up so high, I was starting at the ceiling most of the time. ****in' A, Alpha Male Feeling like no other ! I was dry, lean, pumped, jacked. YES, YES, YES, YES !

225 for 10 on my first set on incline was featherweight. I was balancing and pumping out the weight like i was a robot - a damn machine. Utilizing a WIDE grip as you can tell, I always stop about 1-1.5 inches above my chest. 275 for three on my second set isn't on cam, because it wasn't worth showing something I did a week ago. Instead, I did 6-8 rep sets of 225-245 lbs, and god dayyyummmm . . Video speaks for itself. Beyond this point, I had the Xtend and Beta Alanine putting me in auto-pilot. 6 scoops Xtend with 30 grams of NOW's Complex Carbs, and within four sets, I was volumized as hell. mmm mmm mmm . ..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your lats really flare out on those wide hammer presses, very 3D. It kind of reminds me of NPC guys. When amateurs flex, they seem to bloat up in a more noticeable manner. When pro's flex, it brings out definition and depth, but not really size (to my eyes), I don't know if its because their skin is as stretched as its going to get or what, but I noticed a greater 3D effect with amateurs, which is what your lats looked like on those wide hammers. Also, I think I'm going to try your off the handle grip.

Last edited:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Your lats really flare out on those wide hammer presses, very 3D. It kind of reminds me of NPC guys. When amateurs flex, they seem to bloat up in a morning noticeable manner. When pro's flex, it brings out definition and depth, but not really size (to my eyes), I don't know if its because their skin is as stretched as its going to get or what, but I noticed a greater, 3D effect with amateurs, which is what your lats looked like on those wide hammers. Also, I think I'm going to try your off the handle grip.
I began noticing my lats better when I got real into the Pec-dec Flyes. Doing those, my lats are sticking out like TOOMOOORS :aargh: (Add the Arnold voice for full effect.)

Oh, and those were Machine Incline Presses, where I grabbed the outside of the handles. Due to the angle of both the movement itself and the grip, it gives an entirely different feel to how you pound the pecs. It's like I'm bench-pressing a 4 foot wide 300 lbs lineman or something; that's how that grip feels . .

Anyway, thanks a lot for the kind words, bro ! I really appreciate your comments, because you have an eye for everything . . or rather, and eye for things many find unnoticed! I think you'd be a very good judge of any figure/bodybuilding contest. You know what to look for.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Post-workout Nutrition:

Immidiately following work out:
3 scoops Myozene, 2 scoops Complex Carbs = 120 grams carbs, 25 grams protein

75 minutes following work out:
14 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice = 70 grams protein; 60 grams carbs

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workouts and vids man! Wow! Yeah I like that off the handle grip idea too - not sure Im there yet tho :D. Keep killn it Viking!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Comment on Gym Assault: Chest:

- How ya'll liking my nearly-flip-the-****-out-on-the-damn-machine-pin-change when I'm doing the Incline Machine Presses. I did a drop set, going from 210 * 8 down to 130 * 8, and the ****in' pin was stuck. 3:45 minutes into the clip is where i'm literally about to yank the machine off of the floor! LOL

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

- How ya'll liking my nearly-flip-the-****-out-on-the-damn-machine-pin-change when I'm doing the Incline Machine Presses. I did a drop set, going from 210 * 8 down to 130 * 8, and the ****in' pin was stuck. 3:45 minutes into the clip is where i'm literally about to yank the machine off of the floor! LOL
About a second in, I figured you must be doing a drop set, because nobody gets THAT anxious about the next set. Either way, very Testaholic of you. We've all had our Testaholic aggressive moments :aargh:

There's another group we'll have to enroll in, Testaholic Anonymous

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established

haha i just noticed this after you mentioned it. i get that all the time.

those machine drop sets are a lot of fun. i like putting it as high as i can go for 6 reps or so, then drop it, go til near failure, and drop it one more time for a failure set. the pump is ri-****-ulous.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
About a second in, I figured you must be doing a drop set, because nobody gets THAT anxious about the next set. Either way, very Testaholic of you. We've all had our Testaholic aggressive moments :aargh:

There's another group we'll have to enroll in, Testaholic Anonymous
Hahaha, bro, that cracked me up !!! Imagine seeing a dude at the gym do just that . . 'aaaarrghghhhj, I gotta do my next set NOW NOW nOW, ugh, ahhhhhh :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
haha i just noticed this after you mentioned it. i get that all the time.

those machine drop sets are a lot of fun. i like putting it as high as i can go for 6 reps or so, then drop it, go til near failure, and drop it one more time for a failure set. the pump is ri-****-ulous.
I know exactly what you mean. That's why I like the occasional machine/cable exercise, where you can do crazy $hit like that. . drop sets, negatives, and whatever else comes to mind. I do pec-dec flyes supersetted with reverse pec dec flyes, 15-20 reps, same weight in both . . holy helllll !

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another spectacular viking video! :clap2: I'm liking this sh!t!! I was watching all of your videos on youtube earlier today. I get fired-up watching you gut out extra reps even when it looks like the previous rep was sure to be the last. And I also prefer the "hammer" grip with palms facing each other. Feels much better to me. I feel the movement more in my chest and less in my frontal delts. I especially feel more inner-pec muscle fiber recruitment. I'll be watching these videos again tomorrow morning as I prepare to obliterate back and biceps!! Way to persevere and conquer the iron foe, my viking brother!! :aargh:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's pretty much sealed, I'm going to run through all the hammers with outter bar grip. I'm excited. I love trying new angles, if I could hang upside down off the back pad and inverse the angle, I would.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Another spectacular viking video! :clap2: I'm liking this sh!t!! I was watching all of your videos on youtube earlier today. I get fired-up watching you gut out extra reps even when it looks like the previous rep was sure to be the last. And I also prefer the "hammer" grip with palms facing each other. Feels much better to me. I feel the movement more in my chest and less in my frontal delts. I especially feel more inner-pec muscle fiber recruitment. I'll be watching these videos again tomorrow morning as I prepare to obliterate back and biceps!! Way to persevere and conquer the iron foe, my viking brother!! :aargh:
Hell yeah !!! Great minds think alike, what can I say ?! Have fun killing that back and them bi's ! You already preparing for the numbers you want to play with tomorrow ?! . . .I swear, that $hit works ! Mentally prepare, as well as physically. The zone is inevitable !

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty much sealed, I'm going to run through all the hammers with outter bar grip. I'm excited. I love trying new angles, if I could hang upside down off the back pad and inverse the angle, I would.
I may be hi[!], but you're cracking me up tonight, bro ! :afro:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I know exactly what you mean. That's why I like the occasional machine/cable exercise, where you can do crazy $hit like that. . drop sets, negatives, and whatever else comes to mind. I do pec-dec flyes supersetted with reverse pec dec flyes, 15-20 reps, same weight in both . . holy helllll !
im a big fan of this tri-set thing i tried on the pec dec machine.

10-12 full reps followed by 6-8 partial reps followed by push ups to failure. the most push ups i ever got on this was i think 13. and even the 13th one was questionable as to whether it should count or not haha

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
you ever sit in reverse on the hammer weight loaded shoulder press and do em that way? INTENSE.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah !!! Great minds think alike, what can I say ?! Have fun killing that back and them bi's ! You already preparing for the numbers you want to play with tomorrow ?! . . .I swear, that $hit works ! Mentally prepare, as well as physically. The zone is inevitable !
I keep a written log book as well as one on my computer. I love the old written logbook. It's got sweat stains and memories with it. I've been doing a modified DC routine for a while now and I always write out the next week's exercises and weights in advance. I get the logbook out and look at the upcoming workout about an hour prior to doing the workout. I mentally picture myself going through the sets and being successful and victorious. I visualize myself completing all rep goals for the session with power. This mental-visualization technique really helps me to achieve my goals with the weights. You have to believe it...to achieve it! And perceive it.....to receive it!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I keep a written log book as well as one on my computer. I love the old written logbook. It's got sweat stains and memories with it. I've been doing a modified DC routine for a while now and I always write out the next week's exercises and weights in advance. I get the logbook out and look at the upcoming workout about an hour prior to doing the workout. I mentally picture myself going through the sets and being successful and victorious. I visualize myself completing all rep goals for the session with power. This mental-visualization technique really helps me to achieve my goals with the weights. You have to believe it...to achieve it! And perceive it.....to receive it!
Well said, my friend !

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice work man. Sorry if I missed it, but how much BA are you taking, and when?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man. Sorry if I missed it, but how much BA are you taking, and when?
Thanks, bro !

I just got the Beta Alanine and Xtend in immidiately prior to yesterday's workout. I had 6 scoops of Xtend w/4 grams of Beta Alanine (~1/3 of the Xtend scoop), and mixed it up in ~3/4 gallon of coooold water. Delicious !

Oh, and perspiration was significantly increased, but at the same time, opposed to the times I take stims before I hit the gym, where i sweat, then go cold . . with Beta Alanine, I'm always warm; my entire core is warmer, and sweating doesn't even cool me down. Hell yes ! Allows me to complete a whole damn workout without the fear of losing the pump in the cooooool temperatures @ my gym (fvkk off gold's gym' who the fvkk can train and sweat and keep a pump going in 64 degrees?)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, hear ya on the AC'ed gym, ridiculous. Is it a gym, or a frikkin country club spa??? Retarded.

Nice dosage on the Xtend. I'm experimenting with BA dosages right now myself, I see some guys going up to like 6-8g surrounding their w/o, so I'm just playing around right now, been using 2g, tried 4g this morning..

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Haha, hear ya on the AC'ed gym, ridiculous. Is it a gym, or a frikkin country club spa??? Retarded.

Nice dosage on the Xtend. I'm experimenting with BA dosages right now myself, I see some guys going up to like 6-8g surrounding their w/o, so I'm just playing around right now, been using 2g, tried 4g this morning..

I was doing three scoops during my H-Drol run, along with WMS.

I increased to 4 now that I'm doing a modified cut / with increased cardio and jiu jitsu training. You're a big guy though Viking. I would think 5 or 6 for you would make a lot of sense.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Snag, how do you time your BA doses bro? Do you take all of the BA before your workout? Or some of it before and the rest during your workout? And how long before the workout do you take it? I hear it can kick in as quick as 15 to 30 minutes. I've tried it where it's mixed in with other pre-workout drink products. But now I have a tub of bulk on the way. Should be here before Wednesday's or Friday's workout at least. Thanks man!! :thumbsup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 2g with my other pre w/o supps, 30-45 minutes prior to training. Took this morning's additional 2g in my intra-shake mix (Xtend, creatine, Poseidon). I also want to experiment with that 2g dose following w/o, with the 10g creatine I take in my shake. Ultimately, I want to try 2g prior, 2g intra, and 2g post. I've heard good anecdotal evidence on post w/o consumption. BA is still a learning process for me, I'm fairly new with it as straight supplementation, i.e. not included in other products such as you stated.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established

Volcom was kind enough to drop me a kilo back in March/April. I was up to 8-10 grams for several workouts; trust me, Beta Alanine only works better and better the higher you go !!! :aargh: I may have to pick up another 500 grams .. I do SWEAR by this product !

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here! BA is the sheeeet!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... perhaps I should add this to this months shipment... :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do yourself the huge favor Timber!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #8:

- 45 minute run outside + abs (6 * 20 reps)

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I've got a surprise coming in the mail next week . . . in addition to the EFA stack (sesamin, cla, fish oil), I got another thing coming . . . It's gonna get rowdy . . You'll know when it goes down . .

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a surprise coming in the mail next week . . . in addition to the EFA stack (sesamin, cla, fish oil), I got another thing coming . . . It's gonna get rowdy . . You'll know when it goes down . .
Wow, sesamine and fish oil make a nifty, fat burning combo

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got an inkling I know what you're bringing in dude. I'll keep it on the QT tho, won't spoil your surprise! :D

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I got an inkling I know what you're bringing in dude. I'll keep it on the QT tho, won't spoil your surprise! :D
I will talk to you later today .. hoping I'm not jinxing my order here ! lol

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
What is it with these Norse bastards and their surprise compounds...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:toofunny: We're so down with a Blitz-Krieg. Shock and Awe ya know!!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
It's just in our blood to do so . . . Yes, Thunder, a la Blietz Krieg ! :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #9:

AM Cardio - 45 minute running outdoors.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #9: PM Workout

LEGS, BABY !!!

Barbell Squats - (135 * 15, 185 * 12, 225 * 12) 275 * 10, 315 * 10, 365 * 8, 405 * 6 (NEW MUTHAFVKKIN' RECORD!) , 455 * 1 (NEW MUTHAFVKKIN' RECORD!)
- immidiately drop from 455 * 1 reps -> 405 * 2 reps -> 315 * 4 reps -> 225 * 8 reps (DEEP, SLOW)

Smith Machine Romanian Deadlifts (middle 3/5 of movement) - 135 * 20, 185 * 15, 225 * 15, 275 * 12
SUPERSET WITH (YES, SUPERSET!)
High-stance Leg Press - 580 * 15, 580 * 15, 580 * 15, 580 * 20 reps

One-legged Leg Curls - 70 * 10 reps * 3 sets (another personal record!)
superset with
Standing Calf Raises - 315 * 15, 315 * 15

Weight - ? No idea, I don't like weighing in; not yet lean enough . .

SICK workout ! Holy muitha of xod !!!! Now, for those who know me from before, I've never touched by anything higher than 405 on squats, ok ? There's never been a load greater than 405 lbs on top of my traps (aka on the squats), and I have NEVER before gone beyond 2 reps with 405 lbs. GET THIS ! 6 reps ! 6 deep, long, slow, concentrated reps ! And what's better ?! it's on tape, biiiatch ! Following the 6 reps, i stood there with a WHAT THE FVKK look on my face, and people around me did, too. I'm the 'tall skinny dude' who still handles a fvkkload of weight. Without hesitation, I said, fvkk it, I'm gonna get 455 !!!! So I slabbed on a 25 lbs plate each side. Never seen this weight on my shoulders before. Never sat down with this weight before. I went deep, low, slow, my headphone cord snaps in half, I start pressing, HUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH, got that bit$h up, racked it, once again, 'wthat the fvkk did I just do ?!'

Then proceeded to Smith Deadlifts, supersetted with leg press. I pulled off my pants, and put the under armor underwear over parts of my shorts. My veins were popping out everywhere. Definition everywhere. TRUNKS, YES, BABY, TRUNKS ON THE BOTTOM OF MY BODY ! FINALLY ! THEY LOOK LIKE SOMETHING !

Xod damn, man, I'm stokeD ! Sickening, just sickening ! What's next ? 675 deadlift ? noooooooo ... 365 + bench ? hmm, maybe. I don't know, but you guys keep hanging out here, or check in every once in a while; this logs one for the record books ! It's only going one way from here on; DOWN, and then UP again !

Gym Assault V: Leg Brutality

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHdPcVBVlyw"]YouTube - An Epi(c) Gym Assault V[/ame]

. . . norwegian's OUT.

By the way, Dr Dre's 'Still D.R.E.' is bound to jack up ANY of your max lifts by at least 10-20 lbs. I'm still headbobbing. I'm still high on life. High on squats. High on my trunks.. and I'm about to get hiiiiigh !

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the 'tall skinny dude' who still handles a fvkkload of weight.
I'm still high on life. High on squats. High on my trunks.. and I'm about to get hiiiiigh !
You're a "tall skinny dude" like me!! LOL And I'm with you on the getting high. I'm already there myself brutha!! :D Have a great night viking warrior!! :head:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
You're a "tall skinny dude" like me!! LOL And I'm with you on the getting high. I'm already there myself brutha!! :D Have a great night viking warrior!! :head:
Damn, right, brother !! :aargh: I hope my new highs fuels your fire in the morning! :aargh: You take care!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established