Umm, I know what it is but I don't wanna say it - boro's log

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I keep my carbs to a minimum I can shead weight and fat. If I go moderate I recomp. If I go overboard I swell up like nobodies business.

I never eat more than 50g of carbs post workout. hen I lean out I can go as low as 25g with trace amounts throughout the day. Experiment with your carb intake.

Just my $0.02
This could have been the difference. I think I was slamming quite a few carbs post-workout. I was hardly taking in any throughout the day, but my post-training meal was like 120g/C or something like that. I really tightened up, but I didn't really shed all the fat I was expecting to. Again, it could have been the carb thing.

Thanks for the advice.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
MM does not bloat me near as bad as any other casein/milk proteins... I have a tub of Myofusion that just about kills me if i try to use 1 scoop.

Death Cab for Cutie buddy... Read it and weep...
you want some easy listening.....

belle and sebastian - if youre feeling sinister
bright eyes - cassadaga
portishead - third

GET INTO IT.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Death Cab is actually good tunes. I was just harassing you because I told you I listened to somebody - can't recall who - and you harassed me about. Sweet revenge.
Speaking on revenge... Have you visited the 'General' sub-forum lately? :)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I keep my carbs to a minimum I can shead weight and fat. If I go moderate I recomp. If I go overboard I swell up like nobodies business.

I never eat more than 50g of carbs post workout. When I am leaning out I can go as low as 25g with trace amounts throughout the day. Experiment with your carb intake.

Just my $0.02
I need carbs Post workout or I get hypo as hell. I am slowly leading them out of my life though...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you want some easy listening.....

belle and sebastian - if youre feeling sinister
bright eyes - cassadaga
portishead - third

GET INTO IT.
Thank you! I love new tunezzzzz.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre-Workout Supplements: 30-40 minutes prior to training
  • 2.5mg Yohimbanger HCL
  • 2 USPlabs Recreate
  • 2 USPowders Refresh
  • 1 scoop USPlabs Jack3d
  • 5 USPlabs PRIME
Intra-Drink: 10 minutes prior to training through last sets
  • 4 scoops USPowders DominATP
  • 2 scoops Scivation Xtend
  • 1 scoop Nimbus Nutrition Poseidon
Post-Workout Shake:
  • 1 scoop ATW Cinnabun Whey Blend
  • 1 VPX Zero Impact Bar
(5/3/1 - Shoulder Press) Training (1 hour, 5 minutes)
  • Foam Roller
  • Band Assisted Stretching
  • 3x15 Band Pull Aparts (Red)
  • Band Shoulder Traction (Green) (Great for increasing blood flow to shoulders)
  • Standing Should Press - Bar x10, 95x6, 105x5, 125x5, 140x5, 160x11
  • Body-weight Dips - 6 sets x 10 reps
  • Incline Bench DB Rows - 105x12, 110x12, 115x20
  • BB Shrugs - 225x15, 275x15, 315x26
:wave2:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal 5
  • 6oz Baked Chicken Strips
  • 2.5c steamed veggies (WITH BABY CORN!!!!!!!!!)
  • 1 square of 76% Dark Chocolate
  • 1T Honey Mustard
  • 16oz Diet Snapple Raspberry
Supplements
  • 2 NutraPlanet Bulk Fish Oil caps
  • 1 NOW SuperEnzyme
Soundtrack of the moment
Listening to Mulletsoldiers Jonas Brothers CD he let me borrow... Ill get it back next week brahhh

Attachments

rccratch

Awards
hey man sorry getting on board late. Love the pics, but yeah eveything looks enteresing. Will follow your log and see progress. Are you competeting in any strongman or sanction events?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey man sorry getting on board late. Love the pics, but yeah eveything looks enteresing. Will follow your log and see progress. Are you competeting in any strongman or sanction events?
None planned at this point. Trying to get in condition first...

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
LOVE your style of training, very similar to that of DeFranco. Since I am an athlete I do love me some tire moving, sleigh sprints, chain jump roping, chain squatting and bench, jump squat with weights, etc. I am a carb whore as well, so do not feel bad that you are crushing them, we as athlete need em, and we still burn them, so EAT AWAY!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
if yer gonna go as far as jonas brothers perhaps you might could stop off at the shins or massive attack or something like whiskeytown or wilco on the way...

I myself like me some steely dan lately, not sure but I listened to "Can't Buy Me A Thrill" a lot as a baby/little kid.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log, Subscribed!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOVE your style of training, very similar to that of DeFranco. Since I am an athlete I do love me some tire moving, sleigh sprints, chain jump roping, chain squatting and bench, jump squat with weights, etc. I am a carb whore as well, so do not feel bad that you are crushing them, we as athlete need em, and we still burn them, so EAT AWAY!
I am using Westside (Conjugate variance) based principles, much like Defranco has adopted.

Well AP is my friend, thats all I can say... I have some of the OG version with the Cissus Extract in it that I may throw in as well!!!! 1 current + 1 OG!!!!

Thanks for the compliments buddy!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if yer gonna go as far as jonas brothers perhaps you might could stop off at the shins or massive attack or something like whiskeytown or wilco on the way...

I myself like me some steely dan lately, not sure but I listened to "Can't Buy Me A Thrill" a lot as a baby/little kid.
I don't really like the J. Brahz... Mullet borderline forced me into accepting it...

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Give a listen to the jams these bros put out, they are really good..........:) similiar to Jonas Bros, but heavier. lol really motivational, lol

good job on the log boro......

reps for who names the group first

Attachments

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Give a listen to the jams these bros put out, they are really good..........:) similiar to Jonas Bros, but heavier. lol really motivational, lol

good job on the log boro......

reps for who names the group first
****... I know these guys... Acoustic guys... damnit.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/3/1 Day 2
My hip flexors are FUBAR today, I would imagine it is from the sled sprints yesterday morning. I was very lethargic when I woke this morning. Not sure what is going on. I decided to take it a little easier this morning as I have to pull tonight. I also plan to stretch and foam roll 3 times during the day.

730am: PILL SLAMIN'
  • 1 Anabolic-Pump
  • 2 Recreate
  • 2.5mg Yo'bama HCL
  • 2 PowerFULL
  • 2 Refresh
  • 2 SuperCissus Rx
8am-9am fasted conditioning work @ the (Sox-Harrison) Stadium
  • 4 scoops Scivation Xtend
  • 2 scoops DominATP
Worked Performed:
  • ~105lb Sled drag from waist, brisk walk - 4 runs (40 yds down, 40 yds back)
  • Bull Strength Tire Conditioning - Mock Wood Chops, Standing Core Work, etc. I did mostly all core work with the tires today.
  • Tire Jumps - Basically stacked the 2 tires on top of each other and jumped from one side to the other, repetitively. Did that for a few mins, no idea of time. I have not jumped (at all, for any reason) in about a year. I had a 37" box jump this time last year. I hope that this conditioning work will have a positive effect on my jumps.
Post conditioning meal
  • 1/2 Gatorade Powder Pack (15-20g CHO)
  • 2.5 scoops ATW Cinnabun Whey Blend
Soundtrack of the moment:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuYLukS_eWk"]YouTube - Soulfly- Eye for an Eye (live)[/ame]

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Three pages already! My apologies for turning up late. Was not intended. Rock on, C! :thumbsup:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Casey, may I suggest that you either incorporate VatAttack or Cissus on a fasted morning session, works wonders for me, all though I will never skip breakfast, lol. Cortisol levels are real high in the morning, specifically upon wakening.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Casey, may I suggest that you either incorporate VatAttack or Cissus on a fasted morning session, works wonders for me, all though I will never skip breakfast, lol. Cortisol levels are real high in the morning, specifically upon wakening.
Vat Attack! is derived from ReCreate, Andrew, and Casey is training fasted on purpose.

:usa1:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I edited it! Thanks man, I do take 2 SuperCissus Rx in the am... I am waiting on my next shipment from Jacob, i have a ton of fat to lose, the VAT Attack! will be great when I get into the lower realm...

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Vat Attack! is derived from ReCreate, Andrew, and Casey is training fasted on purpose.

:usa1:
Question Mullet, isn't there more coffee extract in VatAttack compared to Recreate?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I edited it! Thanks man, I do take 2 SuperCissus Rx in the am... I am waiting on my next shipment from Jacob, i have a ton of fat to lose, the VAT Attack! will be great when I get into the lower realm...
Yeah I hear ya, I just could never train without at least a little something to support my adrenals and so forth.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question Mullet, isn't there more coffee extract in VatAttack compared to Recreate?
Well, Vat Attack! is the ingredient in ReCreate known as "SCModulator". So, it is obviously an increased dose, for a specific purpose. This being said, ReCreate is a potent Cortisol-mitigator on its own, so the addition of Vat Attack! may be slightly unnecessary. As well, Casey is implementing a large amount of BCAAs in-and-around his workout, which is highly necessary in a fasted training protocol. Essentially, the key use of BCAAs is to promote local substrate utilization, in order to decrease the need for Cortisol-induced destructive metabolism - that is, use the BCAAs as a gluconeogenic source for oxidative substrates, as opposed to breaking down muscle tissue for the exact same purpose. in a final sense, Anabolic Pump regulates levels of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase [PEPCK] gene expression through AMPk. PEPCK is the rate-limiting step in Cortisol-induced gluconeogenesis. In an additive fashion, Casey is both controlling the local activation of Cortisol in metabolically active tissues, but is also regulating the gene expression of GR-mediated gene response elements, like PEPCK, that are responsible for the destructive metabolism of Cortisol. And so, in so many words, it is most likely unnecessary to add Vat Attack! to ReCreate!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Well, Vat Attack! is the ingredient in ReCreate known as "SCModulator". So, it is obviously an increased dose, for a specific purpose. This being said, ReCreate is a potent Cortisol-mitigator on its own, so the addition of Vat Attack! may be slightly unnecessary. As well, Casey is implementing a large amount of BCAAs in-and-around his workout, which is highly necessary in a fasted training protocol. Essentially, the key use of BCAAs is to promote local substrate utilization, in order to decrease the need for Cortisol-induced destructive metabolism - that is, use the BCAAs as a gluconeogenic source for oxidative substrates, as opposed to breaking down muscle tissue for the exact same purpose. in a final sense, Anabolic Pump regulates levels of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase [PEPCK] gene expression through AMPk. PEPCK is the rate-limiting step in Cortisol-induced gluconeogenesis. In an additive fashion, Casey is both controlling the local activation of Cortisol in metabolically active tissues, but is also regulating the gene expression of GR-mediated gene response elements, like PEPCK, that are responsible for the destructive metabolism of Cortisol. And so, in so many words, it is most likely unnecessary to add Vat Attack! to ReCreate!
Understood, with that being said, will VatAttack be more beneficial if one is an athlete and trains 6-8 hours a day, HARDCORE style?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Understood, with that being said, will VatAttack be more beneficial if one is an athlete and trains 6-8 hours a day, HARDCORE style?
you refering to Olympic-level athletes? And wtf does HARDCORE style mean?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
you refering to Olympic-level athletes? And wtf does HARDCORE style mean?
Not necessarily a power-lifter, I am referring to NCAA athlete(baseball, basketball, football). As for hardcore style, simple, training for real, no wasting time, putting your all into everything you do, if that does not explain it, well then I do not what to tell you.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily a power-lifter, I am referring to NCAA athlete(baseball, basketball, football). As for hardcore style, simple, training for real, no wasting time, putting your all into everything you do, if that does not explain it, well then I do not what to tell you.
the term HARDCORE always conjures up images for me of MuscleTech athletes hanging out with that daggy scientist (Dr. Marvin Heuer, Medical Doctor FAAFP, Chief Scientific Officer, Team MuscleTech) in a white coat peering into a vial of orange liquid :gay:

Thanks for the clarification mate :thumbsup:

Attachments

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
the term HARDCORE always conjures up images for me of MuscleTech athletes hanging out with that daggy scientist in a white coat peering into a vial of orange liquid :gay:

Thanks for the clarification mate :thumbsup:
GOTCHA, lol, that is true though; Muscle Tech does use a lot the term hardcore, they definitely are not USP for sure.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love it... Perfect K.... Thank You!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal 2
  • 1 can yellow-fin tuna (no additives)
  • 1c mexi-rice
  • 2 NutraPlanet Fish Oil Caps
  • 1 NOW SuperEnzymes
Trained earlier than normal today as I had a ton of calls to make in the afternoon...
Pre-Workout Supplements: 30-40 minutes prior to training
  • 2.5mg Yohimbanger HCL
  • 1 USPlabs Recreate
  • 2 USPowders Refresh
  • 1 scoop USPlabs Jack3d
  • 5 USPlabs PRIME
Intra-Drink: 10 minutes prior to training through last sets
  • 4 scoops USPowders DominATP
  • 2 scoops Scivation Xtend
Post-Workout Shake:
  • 1 scoop ATW Cinnabun Whey Blend
  • 1 VPX Zero Impact Bar
Training (5/3/1 - Deadlift)
  • Foam Roller
  • Band Assisted Stretching
  • Sumo Deadlift - 295x5, 340x5, 385x9 (about killed me, i am so out of shape)
  • Leg Extensions - (plate)8x20, p9x18, p9x16, p9x14, p10x12
  • Incline Bench Spider Curls, One Arm, DB - 35x10, 40x8
  • Hammer Curls - 55x10, 60x8
  • Standing Abs - p8x12, p8x12, p8x12
I spent most of my time tonight teaching 2 guys how to squat... I think it ended up pretty well. Well worth it to me to make a change like that.

Meal 4
  • Home-made Taco kit w/ the GF!!! 95/5 beef. 3/4lb to myself :)
Meal 5
  • Coldstone Oreo thing... yeah!!!
Meal 6
  • 6oz chicken breasts

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Oreo thing from ColdStone, so like me lol. Dude I at least treat myself to some form of ice-cream once a week, love sweets. I do not feel guilty anyways, cuz I know I will burn it lol.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel like **** today. I am sore all over and I just want to sleep and eat...
No morning conditioning, it was raining and such.

Meal 1
  • 1 VPX Zero Impact Bar
Meal 2
  • 1 Lean Cuisine
  • 6oz Chicken breast
Soundtrack of the moment:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSabNFbHJrA"]YouTube - DESPISED ICON - The Sunset Will Never Charm Us (LIVE)[/ame]

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
HATE RAINY DAYS, that blows bro, well keep your head up, tommorow's another day, as for the soreness, do yourself a favor and pop some powerfull's before I do so for the sake of it lol.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HATE RAINY DAYS, that blows bro, well keep your head up, tommorow's another day, as for the soreness, do yourself a favor and pop some powerfull's before I do so for the sake of it lol.
Jammed 3 last night. Upping Fish Oil as well...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All this talk of functional training. I love it! Makes me really want to go get back in my MMA class again. We would do push and pull the mini school bus up and down the street for conditioning. FUN stuff... in that sick demented push yourself till you puke kind of way. Definitely going to try some tire throws now. Great Log C!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
All this talk of functional training. I love it! Makes me really want to go get back in my MMA class again. We would do push and pull the mini school bus up and down the street for conditioning. FUN stuff... in that sick demented push yourself till you puke kind of way. Definitely going to try some tire throws now. Great Log C!
AHH, love me some MMA training, do it often, in matter of fact, doing it currently.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
NattyDaddy420 Cycle Logs 94
Anabolics 25