The wait is finally over...

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
That's what I did. I had long hair when mine hit :(

Donated it to Locks of Love, broke out the clippers and razor and never looked back. I guess I was about 30, though.
Some people have told me that once they shaved, their other head seemed to be getting a lot more attention if you know what I mean lol

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both grandfathers have a full head of hair and so do my parents so I'll probably dose epiandro at 3g a day just cause I can

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both grandfathers have a full head of hair and so do my parents so I'll probably dose epiandro at 3g a day just cause I can
Unfortunately heredity doesn't work like that, lol.

Both of my grandfathers had a full head of hair as well. My father also still has more hair than I do.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Lmao 3g a day
Unfortunately heredity doesn't work like that, lol.

Both of my grandfathers had a full head of hair as well. My father also still has more hair than I do.
I think (hope) he's kidding, but yeah this is true!

lamapuppy

Awards
Male pattern baldness is passed from mother to son, not father to son. If there was any in her family past, you could still be screwed.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Male pattern baldness is passed from mother to son, not father to son. If there was any in her family past, you could still be screwed.
Nope every single person up my lineage has had an Afro

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol real talk tho I'm scared to risk my fragile hairline on this new high af dosed dht ph

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Not true at all. That is an old wives' tale. The gene(s) can be passed down from either side of the family.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Considered using the localized shampoos, just not sure how effective they really are and if it would be worth the money. I'll probably wind up just shaving my head in a few years anyways if it continues at the rate it's going haha.
They are effective in slowing down hair loss but they will not stave off the inevitable. The problem is that most people use these types of products for a few months and don't 'see' any results. What they fail to understand is the how the hair cycle works and how long it can take to see positive results. The other thing to consider is that you may not visually see an improvement but with consistent and long-term use, they will be helpful in most cases.

I have a bunch of younger brothers. All of them are bald or heavily balding. None of them have ever done anything about it. I have more hair than all of them and I have been fighting the battle for over 8 years now. I chose to make the battle a part of my lifestyle and I still have a decent head of hair.

If you are worried that much about your hair, stay away from DHT-based compounds, heavily androgenic compounds or compounds that can't be manipulated to control androgenic sides. Of course, the other option of shaving your head is the easiest and cheapest way to deal with the problem.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it from the mom's father side? For example if your mom's grandfather had a head full of hair, you would be ok?

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about the mailman, the milkman, or the pool boy? :biglaugh:
now that I think of it, they're all bald dudes. And one calls me son whenever I'm outside...weird coincidence I'm sure

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
They are effective in slowing down hair loss but they will not stave off the inevitable. The problem is that most people use these types of products for a few months and don't 'see' any results. What they fail to understand is the how the hair cycle works and how long it can take to see positive results. The other thing to consider is that you may not visually see an improvement but with consistent and long-term use, they will be helpful in most cases.

I have a bunch of younger brothers. All of them are bald or heavily balding. None of them have ever done anything about it. I have more hair than all of them and I have been fighting the battle for over 8 years now. I chose to make the battle a part of my lifestyle and I still have a decent head of hair.

If you are worried that much about your hair, stay away from DHT-based compounds, heavily androgenic compounds or compounds that can't be manipulated to control androgenic sides. Of course, the other option of shaving your head is the easiest and cheapest way to deal with the problem.
I have pretty much always had really short hair, either a flat top, or a military cut, so when the time came, I took the shears to what was left and started saving money on shampoo. So now I can afford to buy fun stuff.

lamapuppy

Awards
Not true at all. That is an old wives' tale. The gene(s) can be passed down from either side of the family.
Not an old wives tale. I can't post links yet but from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1226186/

Our genetic data, however, stress the relative importance of the maternal line in the inheritance of AGA, since we estimate an etiological fraction of 0.46 that can be attributed to having ⩽23 GGN repeats within AR. This suggests that the average phenotypic resemblance should be greater between affected males and their maternal grandfathers than between affected males and their fathers. It is likely that the remaining etiological fraction is due to genetic variation at autosomal loci, which could explain the similarity of the AGA pattern of fathers and sons.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, just get some toco. Best thing ever. Hair and general health. Especially while on cycle

clown007

clown007

Awards
Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Not an old wives tale. I can't post links yet but from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1226186/

Our genetic data, however, stress the relative importance of the maternal line in the inheritance of AGA, since we estimate an etiological fraction of 0.46 that can be attributed to having ⩽23 GGN repeats within AR. This suggests that the average phenotypic resemblance should be greater between affected males and their maternal grandfathers than between affected males and their fathers. It is likely that the remaining etiological fraction is due to genetic variation at autosomal loci, which could explain the similarity of the AGA pattern of fathers and sons.
You're statement that "Male pattern baldness is passed from mother to son, not father to son" is indeed innaccurate and an outdated way at looking at MPB.

I'vre read that study before (as well as many other studies and articles over the years). It was based off of a 1916 study and it only indicated (at that time) that a specific AR-type gene comes from the X chromosome on the mother's side and that early-onset AGA is most-often associated with this gene. What it cannot explain is why some men with that specific gene don't go bald and why some me without that gene do go bald. There is more than 1 gene involved in MPB, even though one gene is thought to skew heavily toward early-onset AGA.

If you have this specific gene type in the AR gene block, yes you are more likely to go bald and at an early age, but this is not the only factor for MPB. Science has proven that there are bald men out there that do not have that inherited AR gene from the maternal side. Newer science also shows that gentic factors from both the maternal and paternal side are factors in MPB. The truth of the matter is that we are still in the 'amoeba' stage of understanding the human gene structure, as well as what specific factors cause expression of particular genes. What we discover today will be refuted tomorrow. It's the nature of evolution.

http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask192

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122393553747430381

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/oct/13/medicalresearch-genetics

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/news/20081013/baldness-6-new-gene-discoveries

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2672151/

Anyway. Not to derail the thread anymore, back to the Olympus Labs Andros!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the opposite, I wish I could get something to make the rest of mine fall out so I don't have to keep shaving the rest lol.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Good information Toren. May be a silly question but is it taken orally or spread on the scalp?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I'm the opposite, I wish I could get something to make the rest of mine fall out so I don't have to keep shaving the rest lol.
Whatever you don't want, send it to me. I'll just glue it on. Should look fine, I think.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
You guys should also look in to azelaic acid. My dad sees tons of more improvement in hair growth and less shedding when using azelaic acid solution that also has minoxidil in it.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys should also look in to azelaic acid. My dad sees tons of more improvement in hair growth and less shedding when using azelaic acid solution that also has minoxidil in it.
It's good but you need to keep using it indefinitely

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Well yeah I thought that was a given.

Like mentioned there's no miracle cure for hair loss unless you go surgical and use the hair follicles that don't get affected by androgens. Which I believe are the hair from the back and sides of your head.

Oldnewb

Awards
So are these supposed to drop today or is it still up in the air?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
That's what I thought originally about Minoxidil: Twice a day, forever?! Then I thought: "Self, you shampoo daily, soap daily, use toothpaste daily... why not rub some foam on your head daily too?" :) What's this Azeliac Acid? Cheap source? (Amazon?)

And I still swear to this day, that high dose ArA gave me my shedding/thin spot! :)

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established

doublet2172

Awards
Would this help much with gains if I am already on test and tren?

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would this help much with gains if I am already on test and tren?
Just think of it as taking proviron, it's going to shoot strength up (maybe not so much for you since you're in tren) and it'll definitely tone you up. It also has anti estro properties. It's essentially a dht pill. A very high dosed one lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Waiting on a few things to fall in place but it will be this week ;)
What is the definition of "this week"? By Friday or Sunday?