Just ran out of creatine hcl: can I use creatine mono for a week while I wait for more?

john10960

Awards
Would this cause any negative side effects?

thanks!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely not!

I kid, I kid. Yes you can use it. The end product is the same just some different buffering. The HCL tends to be easier on the stomach, and you can use like 3g a day instead of 5g of CM. Otherwise CM is the standard, and what 99% of the studies you see referencing used. That being said I prefer the HCL for my gut personally.

john10960

Awards
thanks!

yeah the reason I got on hcl was because of cramping in my lower left back which. With the HCL it seems to be a lot less.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thanks!

yeah the reason I got on hcl was because of cramping in my lower left back which. With the HCL it seems to be a lot less.
Yeah, I would just drink a lot more water with the CM. I tend to feel a little dehydrated on it and have to drink a lot more water due to fluid loss from peeing with it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would this cause any negative side effects?

thanks!
The only way that using Creatine Monohydrate would cause any negative effects is if you had negative effects from it to start with.

Like for me, I couldn't do that because Creatine Monohydrate bothers my stomach and bloats me and makes me feel miserable. But if it doesn't bother you like that, you should be fine.