Seated tke
5s holdx10x3
Chest supported incline rows
80x10x4 @7,8,8,9
Walking bottom up kb press
8kgx15x3
Hammer swingsx10x2
Shoulder rehab: 2 sets
Notes: pec still wasn't 100% but pressed fine. Right shoulder was barking and not letting me get 100% set on bench sadly hence the first set at 285 but just worked on it between sets. My work capacity is surprising me a tad to be honest. Having fun just putting the work tho. Since I'm far away from competing putting on volume and then restoration work will be my priorities.

On the fence about full body work, but it seems to take me longer then desired due to my warm up preferences. So I may just stick to upper/lower for time and convenience. I'm about to finish classes then it's time to shadow/study for gre/study for cscs. Still a working full time and picking up more work outside of work too.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your training looks so fun to me right now haha. I need to just start programming for myself and using load drops and fatigue sets again. It brings a new challenge to every workout and every exercise for me and I really enjoy that.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your training looks so fun to me right now haha. I need to just start programming for myself and using load drops and fatigue sets again. It brings a new challenge to every workout and every exercise for me and I really enjoy that.
Then do it man! My set up is not complete by any means but it's getting there. I enjoy the work and it's cool to see just how much work I can actually do. I'm digging the auto regulation and it's having me do more then usually as I'm not expecting anything.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/29
Lunges 2ct pause
Bwx10x3
Pause db floor press
30x20x3
Eccentric uni sldl
8kgx10x3
Rope Facepulls
40x15x3
Upright face pulls
8kgx15x3
Planks
30sx3
Incline 1 and 1/4 curls
15x12x3
Laying side/rotator cuff thing 4ct tempo
10x8x2 sucked
Notes: kinda a whatever day filled with fluffing and more rehab. So far the frequency hasn't been to bad. Have some nagging stuff popping up but I'm learning it's not as much of a frequency issue it's more of I haven't addressed my issues thing. I just would let the acute pain go away between sessions which isn't happening now. But now I'm learning I need to address these if I really want to train healthy and not just train around stuff.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/1
3ct cg pause bench (120s)
205x8x3 @6-7
Seated oh pause db press (120s)
55x8x3 @6,7,8
Rear delt raises (90s)
20x10x4 @6,7,7,7
Neutral grip chins-pause db floor ext (90s)
Bw-35x5-8x2 @6-8/6-9
Bw-25x5-8x2 @7-7/7-7
Incline 1 and 1/4 curls (90s)
20x10/8/8 @9/8/9

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I've been looking into autoregulated training heavily lately. I am by no means a great athlete but I love to train. So I feel autoregulation can help keep me honest and injury free for the most part. However I've seen some pit falls in some of the rts style training and I already have some ground work philosophies so I'm looking to improve my current layouts.

Here is what I'm thinking I will put some examples together soon but this is just putting my thoughts down.

Utilizing a planned initial set or start weight for repeats. So I have week to week linear progression goals I prefer. But I can set rpe caps for initial sets to autoregulate if a bad day happens and the planned numbers don't to remove the feeling of being weaker. After my planned initial sets I will drop back, but I will have planned work loads with rpe caps to autoregulate bad days.

Along with this I'm going to track how I feel day to day to start and register how I am responding to the training load to adjust.

I fee these changes will improve my current sets ups with more margin for variation.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are two potential layouts for my both my main move and my secondary move.

Primary bench example
Option a
Week 1
Set start weight around 7-8 rpe for initial set of 5, drop to pre determined weight for down sets like 3x8 but cap at rpe 9 so if I reach nine before the sets are done then stop.
Week 2
Add weight to top set of 5, but it warm ups are going poor cap at rpe 9 or target weight which ever comes first. Drop back down, add weight to week 1 depending week 1 performance and again cap at rpe 9 if that comes before the sets are done.
Week 3
Same as week 2
Week 4 deload

Option b
Week 1
6x1 rpe 9 but have a target weight in mind to set a goal and to remain honest with effort applied. 5% load drop and repeat till rpe 9 again but have a min goal in mind like 6x3.
Week 2
5x1 rpe 9 with the target of adding weight from week 1, 5% drop again and repeat like week 1 with a set goal in mind like 5x4
Week 3
4x1 rpe, same as week 2 in terms of adding weight and having a target if it can be met. 7% drop and repeat till rpe 9 with a goal of 4x5, this will create more stress for super compensation.
Week 4
Deload

Secondary bench example
Option a
Week 1
8x3 with first set starting at rpe 7, repeats, cap at rpe 9 if reached before sets are done
Week 2
7x4 add weight from week 1, cap at rpe 9 if it comes before finishing all sets
Week 3
6x5 same as week 2
Week 4
Deload

Option b
Week 1
8x1 rpe 9 initial, 5% drop repeat until rpe 9 with a goal like 8x2
Week 2
7x1 rpe 9 but have a target by adding weight to week 1, drop 5% repeat until rpe 9 but goal 7x3
Week 3
6x1 rpe 9 but have a target by adding weight to week 2, drop 7% repeat until rpe 9 but goal of 6x4
Week 4
Deload

The first option of each move is more regimented but some autoregulation options, the second is more autoregulation based with some goals to keep regimented if possible and to keep one mentally in tune for the goals of the day and to not go to easy.

I'd love some feedback from those that care to read. I want to add more autoregulation to my training as I feel it will let me push with set parameters that limit me from overreaching to soon and getting hurt. But to much autoregulation and I just don't push to hard to avoid being on the other side of the fence. So I'm aiming for balance as if I use no real autoregulation I'll die to complete everyone on the days docket so that needs adjusting.

Thanks guys.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/3
Ssb squat
2ct pause
280x3x2 @9 was passing out, had to get my breathing in order
280x5x2 @6,7 much better
No pause per chiro
280x5 less then 6
Eccentric Nordic leg curls
Light band attached to pulldownx6x4 @7,8,8,9 5% fatigue
Feet out seated tke 5s hold
Bwx10x3 @7,8,9 5% fatigue
Beltless front squat holds
275x15sx2 less then 6
Notes: got the ok to squat heavier but wanted to keep with a weight I was confident with. Got the ok to pull light on sat and partake in some farmers walks so excited about that. So far biggest issue on squats is breathing under load again. No pain.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
good to hear recovery going well so far...hamstrings injuries are right up there as being one of the most nagging kind for me to get over.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are two potential layouts for my both my main move and my secondary move.

Primary bench example
Option a
Week 1
Set start weight around 7-8 rpe for initial set of 5, drop to pre determined weight for down sets like 3x8 but cap at rpe 9 so if I reach nine before the sets are done then stop.
Week 2
Add weight to top set of 5, but it warm ups are going poor cap at rpe 9 or target weight which ever comes first. Drop back down, add weight to week 1 depending week 1 performance and again cap at rpe 9 if that comes before the sets are done.
Week 3
Same as week 2
Week 4 deload

Option b
Week 1
6x1 rpe 9 but have a target weight in mind to set a goal and to remain honest with effort applied. 5% load drop and repeat till rpe 9 again but have a min goal in mind like 6x3.
Week 2
5x1 rpe 9 with the target of adding weight from week 1, 5% drop again and repeat like week 1 with a set goal in mind like 5x4
Week 3
4x1 rpe, same as week 2 in terms of adding weight and having a target if it can be met. 7% drop and repeat till rpe 9 with a goal of 4x5, this will create more stress for super compensation.
Week 4
Deload

Secondary bench example
Option a
Week 1
8x3 with first set starting at rpe 7, repeats, cap at rpe 9 if reached before sets are done
Week 2
7x4 add weight from week 1, cap at rpe 9 if it comes before finishing all sets
Week 3
6x5 same as week 2
Week 4
Deload

Option b
Week 1
8x1 rpe 9 initial, 5% drop repeat until rpe 9 with a goal like 8x2
Week 2
7x1 rpe 9 but have a target by adding weight to week 1, drop 5% repeat until rpe 9 but goal 7x3
Week 3
6x1 rpe 9 but have a target by adding weight to week 2, drop 7% repeat until rpe 9 but goal of 6x4
Week 4
Deload

The first option of each move is more regimented but some autoregulation options, the second is more autoregulation based with some goals to keep regimented if possible and to keep one mentally in tune for the goals of the day and to not go to easy.

I'd love some feedback from those that care to read. I want to add more autoregulation to my training as I feel it will let me push with set parameters that limit me from overreaching to soon and getting hurt. But to much autoregulation and I just don't push to hard to avoid being on the other side of the fence. So I'm aiming for balance as if I use no real autoregulation I'll die to complete everyone on the days docket so that needs adjusting.

Thanks guys.
Alright, I got onto my computer for this one.

Primary bench: I personally say hands down option A. It just seems much more straightforward and more in tune with your current goal of "getting yoked" while still being effective. If you do elect to go with option B, I would drop your initial set RPE to @8 vs @9 (at least on weeks 1 and 2) as I don't know about you, but there is no way that I could personally sustain @9 repeats for 6 singles. I understand what you are trying to get at with option B here, but I honestly think that it is just overcomplicated. I think you have a decent idea here and I think that we should revisit this as a skeleton once you get back into more of a strength oriented block. Remember, the majority the sessions on Tuscherer's programs cap at an @8 rpe...I think consistently trying to cap sets at a @9 RPE may lead to some issues sooner rather than later.

Secondary: what is your secondary bench going to be? If it is something like CGBP to a 2 board, then I say go option A. But if it is something like pin presses, I say go option B. I also think that for your goals at this time that option A with a secondary lift of something like what I just mentioned is the superior option.

So I guess my end goal would be option A all around, it just seems like they are both more simplistic approaches but will still be effective and allow your training to be dictated off of RPE. Even if you do have a "goal" going into the session, you know that you have the freedom to auto regulate the top set based on how you are feeling that day. If you have more, take it, if you don't, take what you have and come back better next time. That is the beauty of having RPE caps, even if you don't get to that goal you have on paper you still know that you are getting quality work in and you know that you aren't completely destroying yourself by attempting to hit this meaningless number that you have on a piece of paper in front of you.

Like I said above, I see the merits in what you are trying to do with option Bs, but I think that we should revisit that template at a later time as it seems to have a few too many moving parts at this time. I hope I'm not just blabbering at this point and this helps even a little bit.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright, I got onto my computer for this one.

Primary bench: I personally say hands down option A. It just seems much more straightforward and more in tune with your current goal of "getting yoked" while still being effective. If you do elect to go with option B, I would drop your initial set RPE to @8 vs @9 (at least on weeks 1 and 2) as I don't know about you, but there is no way that I could personally sustain @9 repeats for 6 singles. I understand what you are trying to get at with option B here, but I honestly think that it is just overcomplicated. I think you have a decent idea here and I think that we should revisit this as a skeleton once you get back into more of a strength oriented block. Remember, the majority the sessions on Tuscherer's programs cap at an @8 rpe...I think consistently trying to cap sets at a @9 RPE may lead to some issues sooner rather than later.

Secondary: what is your secondary bench going to be? If it is something like CGBP to a 2 board, then I say go option A. But if it is something like pin presses, I say go option B. I also think that for your goals at this time that option A with a secondary lift of something like what I just mentioned is the superior option.

So I guess my end goal would be option A all around, it just seems like they are both more simplistic approaches but will still be effective and allow your training to be dictated off of RPE. Even if you do have a "goal" going into the session, you know that you have the freedom to auto regulate the top set based on how you are feeling that day. If you have more, take it, if you don't, take what you have and come back better next time. That is the beauty of having RPE caps, even if you don't get to that goal you have on paper you still know that you are getting quality work in and you know that you aren't completely destroying yourself by attempting to hit this meaningless number that you have on a piece of paper in front of you.

Like I said above, I see the merits in what you are trying to do with option Bs, but I think that we should revisit that template at a later time as it seems to have a few too many moving parts at this time. I hope I'm not just blabbering at this point and this helps even a little bit.
Thanks so much for the feedback. I think we have a communication issue on my end.

I write backwards to most I think? 6x1 rpe 9 is 1 set of 6 reps at rpe 9 then drop from there. 6 singles on 9 would wreck me in one day so I agree there.

Btw thanks for the book, filled in the rpe based training gaps I was having man.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DAMN ITTTTT. haha shît. I was wondering why you did that, i couldnt really see you programming 6 singles @9 but thats the way I read it lol. I dont even know if my feedback is useful now!!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DAMN ITTTTT. haha shît. I was wondering why you did that, i couldnt really see you programming 6 singles @9 but thats the way I read it lol. I dont even know if my feedback is useful now!!
It's ok bud lol! I will be more clear in the future.

But I have a plan now after reading blaines book. He cleared up the issues I was having. I have now defined meet prep training and off season training.

I'll run a rpe driven off season model and a more percent based meet prep with using rpe to set the limits. I had success with this style in the past with 5/3/1 off seasons and structured preps.

Now I really like blaines vanilla gorilla program layout honestly. At least his gradual increase in singles over the weeks to keep as specific as possible and really fine tune the comp lift and use the variations to build in volume and strength work. This reflects my own experience that the variations tend to add more to strength then a lot of comp work and what Greg nuckols says too.

It's something I feel like would be fun to try and experiment with.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I plan on running the vanilla gorilla during my next meet prep as long as I can go into it healthy :). I really liked the looks of it as well.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I plan on running the vanilla gorilla during my next meet prep as long as I can go into it healthy :). I really liked the looks of it as well.
So we both agree then? Deff into it now lol

Off season plan is
Volume
Move 1
5/4/3 rpe 9 initial 5%/5%/7% drop for volume
Move 2
6/5/4 same as above
Move 3
12/10/8 repeats
Intensity
Move 1
4/3/2 same as above
Move 2
5/4/3 same as above
Move 3
10/8/6 repeats

Then for meet prep run the vanilla program pretty much. I'll just alternate the blocks above and aim to finish an intensity block before prep to set the move 1 priority up for the singles and goals %s ect.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So we both agree then? Deff into it now lol

Off season plan is
Volume
Move 1
5/4/3 rpe 9 initial 5%/5%/7% drop for volume
Move 2
6/5/4 same as above
Move 3
12/10/8 repeats
Intensity
Move 1
4/3/2 same as above
Move 2
5/4/3 same as above
Move 3
10/8/6 repeats

Then for meet prep run the vanilla program pretty much. I'll just alternate the blocks above and aim to finish an intensity block before prep to set the move 1 priority up for the singles and goals %s ect.
Haha, yah, i think we agree. I like the looks of the layout. Very interested to see how it winds up working for you. I think that once you get this RPE stuff down you will absolutely love it since you are generally very in tune with your body in terms of whats working well that day and whether something is safely there on any given day.

I also think his Geared Gorilla program would be fun AF if I ever bought myself a pair of briefs that I could get a decent amount out of. Id just use a SS/Ram for the bench work. I think itd just be fun to toy around with one mesocycle before raw meet prep or something.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha, yah, i think we agree. I like the looks of the layout. Very interested to see how it winds up working for you. I think that once you get this RPE stuff down you will absolutely love it since you are generally very in tune with your body in terms of whats working well that day and whether something is safely there on any given day.

I also think his Geared Gorilla program would be fun AF if I ever bought myself a pair of briefs that I could get a decent amount out of. Id just use a SS/Ram for the bench work. I think itd just be fun to toy around with one mesocycle before raw meet prep or something.
I agree 100%, already loving it for the most part and surprisingly I'm pushing myself harder then I thought I would.

I agree. I actually have a slingshot and a pair of single ply briefs that fit that I use to get 100lbs out of, I may have have some fun eventually myself.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now that you're "healthier" (mainly speaking of your hips here) i think you're just a little more comfortable pushing than you were before.

What type of briefs do you have? We sort of squat the same so i feel like they may be a decent starting point (even though you're much more skilled in gear than I would be). Ive been wanting a pair of briefs for like 8 months. I never got back to herder about my size for a pair he was gonna sell me.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/5
Pause bench
295x5 @9, thought 8.5 at first base d on vid but my gut said 9 decided to go up 5lbs to see
300x5 @10 was right, I'm ok with this bc I know I am right on with my about rpe 9
Drop 5%
275x5x4 @8,8,8.5,8.5 or 9
275x4 @9
Pin press off chest
245x6 @8.5-9
255x3 @8
Drop 5%
230x6x2 @8.5,9
Chest supported incline db rows myo reps
80x12, 5 breaths-5, 5 breaths-5, 5 breaths-3 @9,8,8.5,9
60x15, 5 breaths-5, 5 breaths-5 @9,8.5,9
Rehab: 2 rounds
Notes: dead. Learning my rpes on bench, set the goal at 295 so that's good. Was tired today and was shocked to get so many down sets. Things are getting juicy.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/6
Deadlift
Conv-315x5
Modified sumo-315x5
Conv-315x5
Modified sumo-315x5
Add belt
Modified sumo-315x1
Db floor press paused (90s)
50x12x3 @7,8,8
2ct pause lunges
Bwx12x3
Rope face pulls myo reps 2 activations (5-7min)
50x20, 5 breaths 6, 5 breaths 6, 5 breaths 6 @9,8,8,9
40x20, 5 breaths 6, 5 breaths 6, 5 breaths 6 @9,8,8,9
Abs wheel (5min total)
Bwx24 reps
Notes: deads felt easy and smooth. Sumo had the hammy pulling a tad but no pain and the conv didn't effect the hammy but my low back was feeling it. Overall modified sumo felt best but time will tell. Got some more work and felt great doing it.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/8
Pin press off bottom
265x4 strained pec again
Did some light fluff stuff and left, couldn't unrack the weights it was so bad. Oh well, **** happens. Twice a week frequency on bench is all I can handle with my injury history. Lesson learned.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/10
Ssb squat
340x4, wanted 5 but pec was telling me know with how I support the bar, was easy overall tho.
Cat ssb squat (90s)
300x3x4 these felt awesome too but stopped while ahead
Light band eccentric Nordic leg curls (120s)
8x3 @7-8
Foot out seated tke (60s)
5s holdx8/8/6/4 @8/9/9/9
Front squat static holds beltless
315x15sx2, pretty easy as well
Notes: squat is coming back with force. Feeling great. Pec is ok for the most part.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry about the pec. I've even heard Bryant say that pin presses from the bottom are the riskiest movements for pecs. But I know he is big on them still if possible.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry about the pec. I've even heard Bryant say that pin presses from the bottom are the riskiest movements for pecs. But I know he is big on them still if possible.
Tuscherer has said the same. He says that the best thing you can do to attempt to reduce injury risk is to try to maintain tension as best you can while on the pins. It isnt like you totally relax on the pins then re-fire to try to lift the weight.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tuscherer has said the same. He says that the best thing you can do to attempt to reduce injury risk is to try to maintain tension as best you can while on the pins. It isnt like you totally relax on the pins then re-fire to try to lift the weight.
Mikes way is the way I got hurt, I prefer joshes way of just doing the concentric as I always get hurt on the eccentric oddly enough

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/12
Pause bench
185x2, pain free but decided to be safe
Pause 1 board bench w/ chains
135+4 chainsx5x3 @6 or less
Add reactive slingshot
135+6 chainsx10x2 @6 or less
Walking bottom up oh kb press-side raises
12kg-15x12-10x3 @7-7/8-7/9-7
Jm press
135x8x3 @7
Rope face pulls
50x15x3 @7/8/9
Chest supported incline db rows elbows in
80x8x4 @7
Hammer curls
20x12x3 @6 or less
Notes: pec isn't as bad as I thought, not perfect. But I'll make a smooth return. Today was a nice start and I'll be sticking to variations of 1 board/chains/slingshot for a minute to keep my cns in the game but let the pec recover.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/13
Conv deadlift
435x4,5 @6 or less
Cat deadlift (90s)
385x3x4 @6 or less
2ct pause lunges
Bwx10x3 @6 or less
Eccentric uni sldl
8kgx10x3 @6 or less
Dead bugs
10x2 @6 or less
Add Acumobility balls pinned in erectors
10x1 @8 ouch
Farmers walk beltless
90lbs on each handlex30 yardsx2 @6 or less
Notes: feeling stronger each lower body day I come in. Hammy felt good as did my back. Finished up with some breathing focused moves, slowly working on breathing and bracing underload.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my time on trt may be coming to an end. My endo is working to pull me off. Personally I don't see an issue with this if I can produce a reasonable amount of test by myself again. The dose I'm on doesn't provide any thing beyond normal levels. My bp shoots up if I try to cycle and my sleep goes to crap. I'm still on two bp meds. So next step is a sleep study for sleep apnea and trying to find the root of my bp issues. Also my cholesterol values haven't been awesome in some time. So it's not like I'm here getting yoked on gear...I haven't really cycled much of anything since starting trt due to health issues. If I can come off, improve my health overall, have nice healthy test levels, feel good, could even at some point compete in tested lifting where I probably belong but can't compete due to trt even tho levels are normal range.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/15
High bar squat
365x1 @8
65%-255x7x2 @7
Pause 1 board w/ chains and blue slingshot
185+120lbs chainx8x2 @5
185+160lbs chainx8 @6
Jm press
135x10x2 @7/8
Banded reverse flys myo reps
Micro band around rackx15, 6x3 @9/7/8/9
15x1, 6x2 @9/8/9
Dead bugs (4min)
12/8/10/6
Notes: good day, high bar doesn't hurt and I suck at it, yay. Was the 365 really @8? Hard to say but I called it there. Pec felt better but played it safe. Myo reps is a great way to cram some work in on lesser important moves as is density training. Been using trac on rts as well. Plus backing off the volume a tad and working on higher reps per mikes momentum write up. I expect thing to start taking off here shortly.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/17
Dead bench from bottom (hole 6)
295x1 @8
65%-205x7x2 @6
Ghrs
8x3 @6/7/8
Sldl
225x8x2 @6
Neutral grip pull downs myo reps
125x12 @9 5 @9
100x13 @9 5 @7 5 @8 5 @9
Notes: another great session. Starting to feel much better since backing off the volume a tad and spacing things out more. Dead bench was concentric only and pain free. 295 may have been less then 8 rpe but didn't want to push my luck atm.

Edit: not ready for the lower body moves above, sticking with my rehab moves and pushing those harder for another few weeks long forward, nothing hurt in the hams but activation of the left isn't as good as it was and my chiro wants that activation to restore strength and balance so that's the goal atm.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How you liking Trac, lou? Training is looking dialed in brother.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How you liking Trac, lou? Training is looking dialed in brother.
To early to tell, I'm trying to be as consistent as I can. Doing the hr when I can too. So far it says my fatigue is dropping a tad. Says I'm ok for now but by it's rating I was pushing to hard for long term training and my daily stress load was always high. And that was on my rehab injured training. So it did open my eyes so I'm trying to see how much it helps me overall.

Training is anything but dialed in, general layout and just picking moves as I see fit lol based on what I can do for those target move slots atm.

Also not a big fan of full body workouts. I come in mentally ready for the main move of the day and then my momentum is halted by trying to switch gears completely. Just not me as a lifter.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/19
Reactive slingshot paused
275x5,14 @6 or less, 8-9
Jm press (120s)
145x8x3 @6-7
Rope Facepulls (90s)
60x10x3 @6,7,7
Incline chest supported db rows-front raises-side raises (90s)
90-15-15x5-6-6x5 @7-6-6
Hammer curls (90s)
25x10x3 @6,7,8
Notes: wanted to do cardio but had other things to attend to. Decent session and glad the pec is getting better each session atm. Felt good today.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/21
Conv pull
475x5 @8
Cat pull timed (15min)
385x3x6 @6-8 (10:17)
2ct pause lunges
15x8x3 @6-7
Seated tke
5s countx8x3 @8/9/10
Front squat beltless static holds
360x15sx2 @7-8
Notes: just wanted to get a little more work in, need to dial my conv pull back in but feeling healthy on the lift atm. Gf competed at the Europa yesterday and took second. It was cool to see some of the lifts. I feel weak watching some 181ers pull 6s and 7s the 181 deadlift world record was broken yesterday too which was nuts. I need to diet down again and be serious about losing some fat also.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/22
Cg pause bench
225x8x3 @6/7/7
Cg pause reactive slingshot
255x8x3 @6/6/7
Push-up paused
12x3 @6/7/8
Db rows
90x10x4 @6/7/7/8
Rope Facepulls-db curls
40x15-25x12 @7/8
40x15-25x8 @9/10
35x15-20x9 @9/10
Notes: good day, no pain, felt great technique wise and got some blood in the pressing muscles. Starting full rom benching off with a cg based block bc it's harder, I can drop my ego, and it doesn't stress the pec in the wrong way. Trying to start lighter so I have room to move forward.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I've been program hopping pretty hard since I got hurt. Just playing with different things. I'm gonna settle into something soon as I think I finally have a grouping of moves I stick with for a little and continue to get healthy. May do a meet with some friends in November. Of course, if I'm 100%. Think I'll focus on cg bench, hb squat, and some type of deadlift like deficit or block and get after it for a little. Focusing on small weight jumps and volume until it's time to get ready for a meet.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/24
Hb squat
305x8 @8
275x5 @6-7 hamstring barked at me so I moved on
5ct eccentric Nordic leg curls
Light bandx7x4 @8/9/9/10
Seated tkes
5ct holdx10x3 @8-9
Breathing pause goblet squats
35x10breathsx3 @6 or less
Hammer swings for shoulder rehab
10x2
Notes: oh squats how you test me. Hamstring is ok just felt it on a rep so I shut it down and moved on. Was considering 5/3/1 for something simple I've done well on in the past but I don't think it's the right thing for me and atm. At least not squat wise. My gas tank for squat work is very limited. After that top set I'm spent and well, my down sets will suffer some and it showed today as it was the easy down set that bothered me. The top set felt great and beyond strong. I will figure something out. Can't risk the hammy is all.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/26
T3 raises (60s)
5x10x3 @6 or less
Reactive slingshot paused
285x7,15 @6,9
Reverse flys banded (120s)
Micro bandx15x5 @7,7,8,8
Hammer swings-bottom up kb press (120s)
10-12kgx8 @6-8
10-12kgx8 @6-9
10-12kgx6 @6-10
Neutral grip chins (90s)
Bwx5x5 @6,7,7,7,8
Straight bar pushdowns (90s)
30x12x3 @6-7
Notes: focusing and getting healthy above all else and atm. Good and pain free day.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/27
Conv deadlift
445x5 @7, back was on fire so shut it down, fight another day
Sldl
225x8x3 @6-7 felt really good
2ct pause lunges
10x3
Dead bugs
10x3
Uni sldl
10x2
Notes: some volume work on pulls then rehab. Simple day. Felt strong but back was pumped up so didn't want to push past where I should.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/29
Cg pause bench w/ chain
245+80lbs chain doubled up with feeder chain at link 15x5 @7-8
Cat cg bench w/ chain (90s)
205+chainx4x4 @7
Dead bench (30s)
195x1x12 @6-7
Rope Facepulls (90s)
50x10x3 @7,8,8
Pulldowns-5s eccentric db tri ext (90s)
110-20x8-8x4 @7-7,7-8,8-8,8-8
Floor flys paused (90s)
15x15 @6 or less
20x15 @6 or less
25x15 @6 or less
Notes: pec tightened up a tad on me tonight but nothing serious. If I'm being honest it was not a movement issue but a benching like a wet noodle issue. I started to get a better groove and tightness near the end. Dead bench still is the best feeling move. I need to get my pressing sorted out if I want to bench big and healthy down the road.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/31
Hb squat
275x8x3 @8,7,7
3s Eccentric Nordic leg curls
Light bandx5,4,4 @8,9,8
Glute bridges
Tripled micro band around kneesx10x3 @6 or less
Planks
30sx3 @9,8,8
Notes: very happy with today and my second and third sets of squats. Did my best to control the movement and stay on my legs and off my back. My leg strength sucks and I'll bring it up on due time. But everything was pain free. All rehab work after squats today. Puked in my mouth from the fl heat and squats tho so that was fun.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/2
T3 raises 5ct pause
5x5x3
Floor press paused
225x5x4 @7,8,6 or less, 6 or less
Reverse flys paused
15x10x5
Flat db press paused
40x10x5
Chest supported rows
90x10x4
Paused push-ups
Bwx15x3
Notes: forgot how to
Floor press. No pain tho. I still hate db pressing. Push ups felt best between all the moves sadly. Motivation is pretty low for training atm. Just tired of working around everything. Going to deload next week and start some real training to keep myself on track and accountable. Will probably do something autoregulation based due to injuries and the flows of life atm. Idk between between 5/3/1 or rts style work yet. I know some of you guys like the 5th set but I just can't bring myself to commit to it. Idk why I just feel like I can't put it into loose phases dude to how ridge the main work is. But I could be wrong. Any input welcomed. I also have cons for the others too tho as with rts with no set goal or planned weights I will likely skimp on the top set. With 5/3/1 I'm useless for back off volume after the top set unless it's pretty low rpe based.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After putting a pen to paper I'm gonna use the rts methods.

6/3
Pause below knee conv deadlift
455x4 @9
Drop 7%
415x4 @9
2ct pause lunges
15x8
20x8
25x8 @6-7
5ct eccentric uni sldl
8kgx8x2
Db curls
20x15x2
Dead bugs with Acumobility balls on erectors
8x2 @7/9
Notes: felt like **** but performed way better then I expected and pulls felt the best they have since getting hurt. Dead bugs with pinned erectors sucks and really challenges your hips/ab control/breathing patterns. I like it

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1
Spoto bench or buffalo bar bench
6@9 drop 5%/5@9 drop 5%/4@9 drop 7%/5@9 drop 3%
Floor db press paused
10@7-9/9@7-9/8@7-9/9@7-8
Facepulls 2 activations, deload 1 activation
15,6/12,5/10,4/12,5
Chest supported db rows 2 activations, deload 1 activation
12,5/10,4/8,3/10,4
Tricep ext
10@7-9/9@7-9/8@7-9/9@7-8

Day 2
Ssb squat
5@9 drop 5%/4@9 drop 7%/6@9 drop 5%/4@9 drop 3%
5ct eccentric Nordic leg curls
3@8/4@8/2@8/2@7
Seated tkes 5s
3@8/4@8/2@8/2@7
Planks
4min/5min/3min/2min

Day 3
Buffalo bar bench or reverse grip bench
4@9 drop 7%/6@9 drop 5%/5@9 drop 5%/6@9 drop 3%
Bottom up kb press walking
10@7-9/12@7-9/11@7-9/12@7-8
Reverse flys or upright face pulls 2 activations, deload 1 activation
10,4/15,6/12,5/15,6
Wg chest supported rows 2 activations, deload 1 activation
8,3/12,5/10,4/12,5
Push-ups paused
5min/3min/4min/2min

Day 4
Pause conv deadlift
6@9 drop 5%/5@9 drop 5%/4@9 drop 7%/5@9 drop 3%
2ct pause lunges
10@7-9/9@7-9/8@7-9/9@7-8
5ct eccentric uni sldl
2@8/3@8/4@8/2@7
Erector pinned dead bugs
3min/4min/5min/2min

Next month of training, will be a volume based block. Rotating hard sessions so they all don't fall on the same week, worked well in the past for me. Movements subject to changed on how things feel injury wise. But outline will remain the same. Just picked whatever autoregulation made senses. I may find some of the density stuff is dumb and adjust time based on what is realistic so not worried there. It may be a good month. May be a bad month but will be a fun trial. Any input welcomed.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/5
Buffalo bar pause bench
275x5 @9
Drop 3%
265x5 @9
Dead bench
265x5 @9
Drop 3%
255x5 @9
Incline chest supported db rows
80x11, 4, 4, 4 @9, 9
Rope Facepulls
40x15, 6, 6, 6 @9, 9
Db tri ext
30x8x2 @7,8
Db curls
20x10,8 @8,8
Notes: this was fun workout. Buffalo bar felt perfect except for being hard lol. Love the myo reps as honestly I can get a lot of work done quick. I'm over accessories and this adds some novelty.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just train hard enough to force adaptation over time, but smart enough you don't kill your progress or get hurt. After that the programs and titles are just formalities.