punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice work Flex!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
You may not be where you want to be but you sure as hell are better off than where you started!! There are no shortcuts to any place worth going Flex. Keep it going champ.
Really needed that man, thank you.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Standing lunges as opposed to walking?

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Standing lunges as opposed to walking?
Basically, hitting up one spot and staying there. Lunging, recovering and switching legs as opposed to doing the 'dead man walking' in the gym.

So, yes?!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got it thanks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good workout Flex, keep your head up brother.

Rage... Rage against the dying of the light! Try not to let life into your sanctuary, where there is only you against the weights. Enjoy that purity while you are in the gym for that short period and maybe you can get some release.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
On a more positive note, everyday is starting to be that treat you were talking about.

I may be the biggest and leanest I've ever been. I always was bigger not leaner or too lean (wait, really, no) and really small looking. I can't wait to show you guys pics. I really think y'all will be impressed. I'll try and get the tri set comparison up. Start, 6 weeks in, 12 weeks. Then comes the last phase, getting into single digits. I'm considering your current program and the one you gave me a mos ago. I like the idea of toning it down with lighter weight, more reps and high intensity specially for the hot months plus I could just use a break.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any of those would be good you should have a look at the one I just came up with first workout is in my log.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 - Cardio

Cardio

1 Hr. Draggin a$$. Super sore but got it done.

Not much to offer today. Time to rest and get back at it tomorrow.

Diet on, no swaying. Status quo..

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Money bro, how is everthing goin? (gyno)
Doin 20mg Tammy EOD. I never have experienced pain, no lactation. Just a few annoyances. I've lowered dose to 50mg and all seems to be status quo. I'll end the nolva when I hitup PCT. Torem will be my choice here. I think I'll be just fine. I have the tools I need in case I get further sides!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
You don't need caber, just be sure to adjust dose down accordingly

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
You don't need caber, just be sure to adjust dose down accordingly

Of which? My PCT? If PCT, absolutely. Im thinking 90/60/30

Im frustrated because I knew I couldve managed well with an AI like rimmy throughout the cycle but decided to do w/o. Controlling estro ultimately controls prolactin. Better judgement next run.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of which? My PCT? If PCT, absolutely. Im thinking 90/60/30

Im frustrated because I knew I couldve managed well with an AI like rimmy throughout the cycle but decided to do w/o. Controlling estro ultimately controls prolactin. Better judgement next run.
Use PowerFULL or bulk SuperSapponins it lowers prolactin levels reducing prolactin induced gyno. If the regular PowerFULL it will also provide an increase in both test and GH.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 19 - Shoulders/Chest

Shoulders/Chest

Flat Barbell Bench
135 - 10
225 - 5
275 - 10 (PR!!!!)
245 - 6
225 - 8

So I told my partner I was going for a PR on bench, either 275x10 or 315x5. Got 9 unassisted and little help on 10. Friggin STOKED!
My partner ended up skippin out and I had a stranger, yet veteran there, as my spot. Thanked him wholeheartedly, that was awesome.
Been tryin to meet new folks at the gym but its hard when everyone looks at you like a freak, I'm a friggin nice guy, sheesh!

Seated Chest Flye Machine
115 - 10, 10, 10

Nice and slow. I'm really trying to seperate my front delt with the upper chest with this.

Standing Military Press
135 - 6
115 - 8
95 - 12

Shoulders already pumped from bench. Did my best here, I was happy I had good stim there already and felt the burn.

Seated Dumbbell Presses
45 - 10, 10, 10

Went light to intentionally rest/pause these. Full motion all the way up all the way down with pause.

TCups
15 - 8, 8, 8

Glad I read these on other peeps' logs. These are brutal. Had to cheat on some reps to get em done. I love doing these, putting the weights down and doing little circles into big circles and then reversing motion.

Rear Laterals, cables
10 - 10, 10, 10

A set of these takes forever. I do them extremely slow and no hitch on the top or bottom, just constant tension. Seems light, but it gets rippin!

20 min low intense cardio, 15 min sauna.

Notes
-Ended my OEP. Ran out and I have a bottle but Im going to save that for future use.
-Just still stoked about the 275x10 on flat bench. If we can rep that for 3 sets I'd actually be pretty content. Any heavier and the joints start hurtin.
-Felt good today. Arms tomorrow.
-For my man Kleen! Question. I'm 15.4%. My goal was 12-13% by the end of 8 weeks. I'm in my 3rd week. I thnk numbers after this week will determine if I need to cut calories. I lost .6%, 1 lb last week. If I can lose another lb, great, but I want to lose at least 2 per week.
I'm thinking cutting out my 27g carbs first thing in the morning, netting a loss of 108 calsx5=540 cals. Is this a smart move, too much, too little?
The numbers at the end of this week will really help me determine what I think I should be doing.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Use PowerFULL or bulk SuperSapponins it lowers prolactin levels reducing prolactin induced gyno. If the regular PowerFULL it will also provide an increase in both test and GH.
Will 1-C help in this situation? I have Bulk 1-C sittin around.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
1-C will help but if you aren't lactating you have nothing to worry about. As I told you, B-6 works too.

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders/Chest

Flat Barbell Bench
135 - 10
225 - 5
275 - 10 (PR!!!!)
245 - 6
225 - 8

So I told my partner I was going for a PR on bench, either 275x10 or 315x5. Got 9 unassisted and little help on 10. Friggin STOKED!
My partner ended up skippin out and I had a stranger, yet veteran there, as my spot. Thanked him wholeheartedly, that was awesome.
Been tryin to meet new folks at the gym but its hard when everyone looks at you like a freak, I'm a friggin nice guy, sheesh!

Seated Chest Flye Machine
115 - 10, 10, 10

Nice and slow. I'm really trying to seperate my front delt with the upper chest with this.

Standing Military Press
135 - 6
115 - 8
95 - 12

Shoulders already pumped from bench. Did my best here, I was happy I had good stim there already and felt the burn.

Seated Dumbbell Presses
45 - 10, 10, 10

Went light to intentionally rest/pause these. Full motion all the way up all the way down with pause.

TCups
15 - 8, 8, 8

Glad I read these on other peeps' logs. These are brutal. Had to cheat on some reps to get em done. I love doing these, putting the weights down and doing little circles into big circles and then reversing motion.

Rear Laterals, cables
10 - 10, 10, 10

A set of these takes forever. I do them extremely slow and no hitch on the top or bottom, just constant tension. Seems light, but it gets rippin!

20 min low intense cardio, 15 min sauna.

Notes
-Ended my OEP. Ran out and I have a bottle but Im going to save that for future use.
-Just still stoked about the 275x10 on flat bench. If we can rep that for 3 sets I'd actually be pretty content. Any heavier and the joints start hurtin.
-Felt good today. Arms tomorrow.
-For my man Kleen! Question. I'm 15.4%. My goal was 12-13% by the end of 8 weeks. I'm in my 3rd week. I thnk numbers after this week will determine if I need to cut calories. I lost .6%, 1 lb last week. If I can lose another lb, great, but I want to lose at least 2 per week.
I'm thinking cutting out my 27g carbs first thing in the morning, netting a loss of 108 calsx5=540 cals. Is this a smart move, too much, too little?
The numbers at the end of this week will really help me determine what I think I should be doing.
NICE PR! I always hated having a stranger as a spot because they do not know you or how you lift.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
NICE PR! I always hated having a stranger as a spot because they do not know you or how you lift.
Yeah I was pretty upfront with him telling dont help me unless I get stuck for a 2 count and 8 reps is normal for me. I've seen the folks he works out with though and it made it an easy decision. He trains with a female competitor (or so it seems); this woman is jacked and ripped.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cool and like Big said the B6 should help, I forgot about that. Not sure about the 1-C I know it is the SuperSappnins that lower prolactin levels in PowerFULL but 1-C may also have the ability to help out. B6 is a cheaper option. Lactating.... Oh UhUh!!! I knew a guy who did that. Stayed on cycle year round. He was huge but he showed me and my friend that and says it's okay once I am big enough I am getting gyno surgery anyway so I am not worried about it. I was like WTF???? Bad things are happening inside your body dude.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Cool and like Big said the B6 should help, I forgot about that. Not sure about the 1-C I know it is the SuperSappnins that lower prolactin levels in PowerFULL but 1-C may also have the ability to help out. B6 is a cheaper option. Lactating.... Oh UhUh!!! I knew a guy who did that. Stayed on cycle year round. He was huge but he showed me and my friend that and says it's okay once I am big enough I am getting gyno surgery anyway so I am not worried about it. I was like WTF???? Bad things are happening inside your body dude.
Yeah, I dont like when the game gets outta hand like that. It's like, who can ingest the most drugs and get away with it (or not).

Truth, can you chime in on this for me?:

Appreciate it. Not sure to stick with status quo or what...Things are still working, just at a slower pace..If I should stick with what im doing until all platueas, I will; Just need some food for thought here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well you are definitely making progress. YOu may be able to kick start more fat loss with a small drop like that. If you are getting closer to your goal like around 15 as you say it is going to slow anyway. I think what you have planned may be enough. However I typically step my calories down about 250 per day when I make the step down. That should knock off another .5-.75 lb a week. I am not a huge fan of attempting the two lbs a week through aggressive drops. They work but LBM can be lost being overly aggressive. Another option would be to increase the intensity of your cardio, do HIIT on a couple of sessions. Depending on carb levels lower them slightly. That can make a difference even not changing the cals.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about just lowering or cutting out carbs on the off/cardio days?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'd focus carbs around workout time while getting your others from fiberous veggies.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
What about just lowering or cutting out carbs on the off/cardio days?
Well, I do get 2 lower caloric intake days already, that being Sat/Sun. I sleep in alot longer losing time to get more meals, hence less calories. I actually like the Mon-Fri schedule because its like clockwork for every meal.

I think with the opinions thrown out there, I'm gonna stick to status quo until I hit that wall. I can be patient, I dont mind. I just need that occasional reassurance.

Thanks fellaz.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 20 - Arms/Back

Arms/BAck

BTN Overhead Extensions
60 - 12
100 - 10, 8, 8

Dumbbell Curls
50 - 6
45 - 7-8
40 - 8

Hammer Dips
230 - 10
180 - 10, 10

Reverse Grip on preacher
20 - 10, 10, 10, 8 did with partner, no rest in between sets.

Tricep Kick with cable machine superset with triangle pushups
30 - 10, 10, 10 - 12, 10, 10

Preacher curl machine
80 - 10, 10, 10

Tricep Extensions
80 - 10, 10, 10

Seated Rows
90 - 10
150 - 10, 10, 10

One arm cable rows
75 - 10, 10, 10

20 min low intense cardio, 15 min sauna

Notes
-Decent workout. Not gaining, not losing any strength.
-Had a couple drinks 2nite with friends. Cut it short though. Needed it.
-Will do 1.5 hrs cardio tomorrow to burn off those adult beverages.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 21 - Cardio

Cardio. 1HR

Also did some calve work and ab work. 15 min sauna.

-More improvements. Can visually tell. Spare tire around the waist isn't a spare tire anymore. Lower back fat reduced as well as glutes.

It's all coming together.

-Gonna eat good 2nite and maybe even have some dessert.
-Numbers tomorrow should be solid again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio. 1HR

-More improvements. Can visually tell. Spare tire around the waist isn't a spare tire anymore. Lower back fat reduced as well as glutes.

LOL weren't you just asking about cutting calories Flex? Sorry it made me laugh. Enjoy that meal I know you have earned it!:cheers: :cheers:

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Cardio. 1HR

man thats great. I'm waiting for the day i can say the spare tire is gone. it always seems to linger till the end with me. looking forward to #'s

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
LOL weren't you just asking about cutting calories Flex? Sorry it made me laugh. Enjoy that meal I know you have earned it!:cheers: :cheers:
I was, I was. I did well. Ate good, ate some tasty desserts and didnt feel guilty about it. Back to work tomorrow morning. I'm not sure I'm ready to do a cheat meal once a week. The numbers arent telling me that a cheat meal will keep me losing BF so I'd rather skip it.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
man thats great. I'm waiting for the day i can say the spare tire is gone. it always seems to linger till the end with me. looking forward to #'s
I have more of a 10 speed bike tire, lol. Drastically improved, and when I actually see a 6 pack...I might cry..thats right, I said it, cry. I've never seen my abs other than 4. Naa I wont cry but it will be a milestone for sure.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Numbers!

Numbers are awesome this week. I'm sure last nite dinner skews this a little bit, water weight wise, but nonetheless, happy!

Weight is: 221.4 up from 219.8 last week
BF% is 14.5, down from 15.4 last week.

Loss of 1.7lb of fat and gained 3.4ish in LBM.

Caliper readings:
Chest: 9mm
Ab: 31mm (generous here, kept getting 28, 29 but couldnt believe it since last weeks was 34)
Quad: 8mm

Aiight, tired as hell, but time to get to work! Workout commencing! Damn good feeling!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man a few things first your body is ready. It will help that stall you feel like you are entering into. Rekindle the metabolism once a week with some great food. OR do a clean high calorie day one day a week and the next week have a cheat meal instead. Either way the extra calories are good for the metabolism every once in a while. See what happened today your muscle bellies filled up giving you more lbm on top of some fat lass and BAM instant major changes. Now 3 days from now some of that glycogen and water it is holding in the muscle will slowly go down but the elevation of your metabolis will still assist in fat burning.

Second Congratulations Bro! Nice compostition jump. I remember going down from the first time I saw my abs to when I was so ripped I could not believe it. Honestly I loved the mirror and it loved me back! Every time I walked by one I had to stop and look. The transformations was so amazing to me every mirror or reflections was fun to see. Like a present I had wanted for 20 years finally unwrapped and surprised me at every reflective surface. Yeah it is awesome Bro! I can't wait to be leaning up more where my abs become really apparent instead of light shadows and small indentions.

Last edited:
FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 22 - Chest/Shoulders/Bis

Chest/Bis/Delts

Barbell Incline Suicides
135 - 10 Regular incline to warm up
155 - 10, 8
135 - 10

Bring these right down to the throat, pause, blast, no lock and bring it
right back down to the throat. Don't mess these up!

Barbell Decline
205 - 10, 10, 10

Most likely gonna step these up next week.

Decline Cable Xover superset with pushups
15 - 10, 10, 10 push - 10, 10, 10

Dumbbell Flyes
40 - 10
45 - 10, 10

Went a little heavier and loved that stretch at the bottom. I don't touch
these in the middle either; total control throughout this motion.

Hammer Strength Delt Press
140 - 10, 10, 8

Great stim after doing chest work.

Rear Delt Machine
130 - 10, 10, 10

Single Arm Dumbbell Curls
40 - 8, 7, 6

Drag Curls
10 - 10, 10, 10

20 min cardio, 15 min sauna.

Notes
-Feelin good. That meal really helped. I actually found myself admiring
more than focusing on work. Things are really changing fast. Sometimes
numbers portrey that, other times they dont. I'm hitting my biggest and
leanest at the same time and its pretty exciting. Still a long ways to
go, but man, its a cool cool feeling watching this stuff melt off.

I can't stress enough how this diet has put me on a level playing field.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Sideflex comparisons Teaser

Jan 20th vs Today

Next week I'm taking Week 12 pics and will have Week 6 vs Week 12 or maybe 1 vs 6 vs 12

Lot's of progress and hard work. We'll see what it looks like.

Attachments

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Man a few things first your body is ready. It will help that stall you feel like you are entering into. Rekindle the metabolism once a week with some great food. OR do a clean high calorie day one day a week and the next week have a cheat meal instead. Either way the extra calories are good for the metabolism every once in a while. See what happened today your muscle bellies filled up giving you more lbm on top of some fat lass and BAM instant major changes. Now 3 days from now some of that glycogen and water it is holding in the muscle will slowly go down but the elevation of your metabolis will still assist in fat burning.

Second Congratulations Bro! Nice compostition jump. I remember going down from the first time I saw my abs to when I was so ripped I could not believe it. Honestly I loved the mirror and it loved me back! Every time I walked by one I had to stop and look. The transformations was so amazing to me every mirror or reflections was fun to see. Like a present I had wanted for 20 years finally unwrapped and surprised me at every reflective surface. Yeah it is awesome Bro! I can't wait to be leaning up more where my abs become really apparent instead of light shadows and small indentions.
TY friend. You've always chimed in at all the right times when I needed 'something' whether adding simple reminders/tips or praise. It really does help me keep moving in the right direction.

I got some excellent comments from some random peeps:
"You look like bodybuilder"
"You've really LEANED out" - I like this one because I'm dieting and everyone thinks you should be getting 'skinny'. Not the case.

It makes it all worth while, and thankfully nothing has even come close to remotely going to my head. I'll never forget where I was just 3 mos ago and all the years before that. I don't want to be that way anyway, anyway I can give back when the time comes, I'll be there.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Damn nice work bro...You should be proud of how far you have come!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Night and day difference Flex!! The definition is really starting to show. You have some great thickness going on with your muscle bellies. You will be surprised how much bigger you will look when the muscles are popping.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Night and day difference Flex!! The definition is really starting to show. You have some great thickness going on with your muscle bellies. You will be surprised how much bigger you will look when the muscles are popping.
Thx bro. All the years of lifting and finally I'm seeing what I've created. It's almost unexplainable and I'm not sure I can describe it. Like a painting finally becoming a spectacle after 10 yrs of artistry. Spectacle is respectable but I want Epic.

What I can say though, with total assurance, is that I'm gonna keep working my a$$ off cuz I want 'freak' status!

ronw2

Banned
Awards
Impressive, especially from Jan to now. Keep up the great work man! You have a great frame for some serious mass and you are beginning to cut up quite nicely!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dude....f*cking rip city!!! Damn Flex I knew you could do it...your leanness and dieting it def showing along with your dieting. Keep it up bro, we are here all the way!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent Bro, you are doing awesome and look great. Man, your jaw line alone is night and day. Everything is leaning up nicely and you are holding A LOT of muscle!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way you hae lost a lot of intra muscaular or visceral fat. Not just what shows differently under your skin but in thickness of your abdomen. Rememeber I said your abs would start to tuck up under your ribcage first then them showing was just around the corner.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
By the way you hae lost a lot of intra muscaular or visceral fat. Not just what shows differently under your skin but in thickness of your abdomen. Rememeber I said your abs would start to tuck up under your ribcage first then them showing was just around the corner.
I do remember, I don't forget much of what you have to add :)

How do you feel about ab training? Would it have been worth doing abs while looking like the Jan 20th pic? I didnt train abs all that much other than keeping as much ttension whilst doing cardio.

I am now just starting to really hit em up, but even now I still have alot on my love handles and still have a pouch up front.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't even hit em up to be honest. Stay strict with you core work (deadlifts, Squats) and be strict in cardio breathing. Diet will bring them out along with the intensity of your workouts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would hit up abs every other day by doing 3 single sets of vacuums each vacuum is a 30 second hold. This will train your abs and girdle muscles in and give you better ab control No need to really WORK the abs more than a heavy deadlift or squat will at this point. As you get in closer to show time fine tuning will come into play but for not the abs are there and if you have a good banded midsection you wont have much need for tons of ab work. Only if your abs are flat and hard to see do you really need to work them hard and then with heavy weight for building them. You won't know that until you are pretty lean. For now just keep leaining up and do Vacuums for your ab work, it will help cinch your waist in more.