Still Recomping - Phase 2

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
go all out this next week then enjoy that week off. never hurts to take a break every once in a while!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 49 - Cardio

Ran 1 mile outside.

My goal was to run as fast as I could and see if I can keep the 1 mile under 10 mins.

I did a mile in 8 min. Frikkin lungs were on fire (I do have slight asthma).

I haven't done a mile in 8 min since HS. Whether it was 8:01 or 8:59, not sure, but my blackberry read 10:15, finished at 10:23!!

Tomorrow back in the gym to hitup Chest/Shoulders/BIs'

Cubate

Awards
I run a 5k in 28 minutes and 30 seconds. Anyone that can run a mile in 8 minutes or so is in good shape. BTW your lungs are supposed to burn at that speed especially if you haven't run in a while.
Kudos....

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I run a 5k in 28 minutes and 30 seconds. Anyone that can run a mile in 8 minutes or so is in good shape. BTW your lungs are supposed to burn at that speed especially if you haven't run in a while.
Kudos....
On a side note, are you doing a PP LV Log? My next roll around is gonna be that Turinbol. Looks fantastic.

Cubate

Awards
Yes I am logging it.
I am preloading on the Liver Juice now so there is no action.

Here is the link.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/150582-just-ordered-my.html

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ran 1 mile outside.

My goal was to run as fast as I could and see if I can keep the 1 mile under 10 mins.

I did a mile in 8 min. Frikkin lungs were on fire (I do have slight asthma).

I haven't done a mile in 8 min since HS. Whether it was 8:01 or 8:59, not sure, but my blackberry read 10:15, finished at 10:23!!

Tomorrow back in the gym to hitup Chest/Shoulders/BIs'
Slight asthma sucks - I know the feeling! Had the same thing when I was younger. Luckily I grew out of it when I started lifting, was a b*tch to run even a few yards.

//CC

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 50 - Shoulders/Chest/Bis

Took today off. Need the rest.

Lost more weight. Lots of LBM unfortunately :(

This week, diet stays the same, but I'm cutting my cardio down a bit to slow the process. I think my metabolism has shifted for sure. It's getting harder to keep weight on!! My workouts are definitely intense and I think the cardio can be lessened.

Numbers:
Weight - 207, down from 213
BF% - 12.7 down from 13

Kinda wish I had some Cort control as well, but better decision for next time.

The positives out of it is that I'm startin to get veiny, I have 26lbs of fat, so another 16 lbs of fat to lose to reach the promise land!

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Took today off. Need the rest.

Lost more weight. Lots of LBM unfortunately :(

This week, diet stays the same, but I'm cutting my cardio down a bit to slow the process. I think my metabolism has shifted for sure. It's getting harder to keep weight on!! My workouts are definitely intense and I think the cardio can be lessened.

Numbers:
Weight - 207, down from 213
BF% - 12.7 down from 13

Kinda wish I had some Cort control as well, but better decision for next time.

The positives out of it is that I'm startin to get veiny, I have 26lbs of fat, so another 16 lbs of fat to lose to reach the promise land!
damn your trying to get real lean! Still killing it like normal I see. keep it going flex!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
damn your trying to get real lean! Still killing it like normal I see. keep it going flex!
I am man. I wanna 'live' in single digits.

My goal is to be at a weight that if I need to prep for contest, I only need 10-12 weeks. Not 20+ like its taking now, lol

I'm hiccuping a little bit lately but my goal has never swayed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kickin arse in here Flex love the drop down to 12.7 that is gravy baby!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 51 - Back/Traps/Tris

Felt like garbage all day. The positive is that I went to the gym with no issue and
had a pretty good/productive workout. I may be turning a corner here after feeling
just 'down and out' lately.

Back/Traps/Tris

Power Cleans
135 - 10
185 - 10, 8, 4

Felt explosive.

Hammer Strengh Iso Row
90 a side - 10, 10, 10

Seated Rows
135 - 10, 10, 10

Undergrip Row Machine
130 - 10, 10
115 - 8

Hammer Strength Pullovers
140 - 10, 10, 10

Incline Close Grip superset with Tri Pushups
135 - 10, 10, 8, 8 pushes- 10, 10, 6-7, 6-7

Tricep Extensions
80 - 10
95 - 10, 10 drop set 80 - 10 then 65 - 10

20 min low intense cardio, 15 min sauna.

Notes
-Skipped Traps. Last week I did traps and woke up the next 2 days with a headache.
Almost as if something gets pinched back there. Happens when I do dips too.
-Although I said I was gonna skip cardio, I felt I needed it.
-Felt terrific after the workout. Hope we're turning a corner here!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 52 - Legs

Legs

Leg Extensions
70 - 10, 10
130 - 10, 10, 10

Preexhausted with some LExtensions. All the squat/power racks were full. Had to switch it up.

Leg Press
270 - 10
450 - 10
720 - 6
540 - 10, 10

Front Squats
135 - 10
155 - 10
185 - 8

Nice. 185 felt comfortable. Form is much more stable.

Lunges
25lb each hand - 8, 8, 6

Stiff Legged Deads
135 - 10
225 - 10, 10, 8
135 - 12

Seated Calves
150 - 10, 10, 10

Seated horizontal calve press
230 - 10, 10, 10

Notes
-Happy with the workout. Losing a little strength, but my intensity and focus are still high in the gym. I'm much more relaxed lately.

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Legs

Leg Extensions
70 - 10, 10
130 - 10, 10, 10

Preexhausted with some LExtensions. All the squat/power racks were full. Had to switch it up.

Leg Press
270 - 10
450 - 10
720 - 6
540 - 10, 10

Front Squats
135 - 10
155 - 10
185 - 8

Nice. 185 felt comfortable. Form is much more stable.

Lunges
25lb each hand - 8, 8, 6

Stiff Legged Deads
135 - 10
225 - 10, 10, 8
135 - 12

Seated Calves
150 - 10, 10, 10

Seated horizontal calve press
230 - 10, 10, 10

Notes
-Happy with the workout. Losing a little strength, but my intensity and focus are still high in the gym. I'm much more relaxed lately.
nice workout. sucks all the racks were full. Thats one thing I like about working out in my garage...racks are always open!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep the spirit up my man and don't let the minor setbacks pull you down. Hit it hard and keep your head held high bro! The more you think or take stress over the small loss your body pumps out cortisol. Stay away from those thoughts :thumbsup:

//CC

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 53 - Cardio

1 HR

10 min warm, 20 min HIIT, 30 min low intensity.

Turnin the corner. I might not wanna take next week off! hah!

Gonna rest up for Shoulders/Chest tomorrow.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 54 - Shoulders/Chest

Shoulders/Chest

Dumbbell Press
35 - 20
70 - 8, 5-6
50 - 10, 6-8

K, I really think 100lb dumbbells would be a reality but my right shoulder is toast. I wanna say I feel pretty good. I've turned the corner! However, next week I'm on-call and I said next week would be great to take off even though I'm feeling better but the shoulder really needs time off or its only going to get worse.

Cable lateral raise
15 - 10, 10, 10 drop set to 10lbs - 10

Cable upright rows
30 - 10
42.5 - 10, 10, 10

Incline Press Machine
225 - 10, 10
195 - 10 drop to 150 - 10 drop to 105 - 6-7

Cable Xovers
40 - 10
30 - 10, 10, 10 superset with flat pushes - 10, 10

20 min low intense cardio, 15 min sauna

Notes
-Turned the corner. I feel good. Workouts are getting better and better.
-Shoulder was a big issue so I had to cut it a tad short for shoulder work in general. I think it might just be overuse cuz it gets better throughout the week but training shoulders twice a week, it never gets the rest it needs.
-Formadrol this week has been 3 a day, 60mg torem. Next week Torem gets cut to 30mg. Formadrol reduced to 2 a day.
-My plans are to finish up PCT, take 4 weeks off from any supplementation and then possibly hitup a PP Turinabol/Androhard cycle. We'll see. Gotta lotta work to do before then and many things change.
-Arms tomorrow. Time to destroy these things.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
why the taper of formadrol? and why do you continue to train shoulders twice a week?

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
why the taper of formadrol? and why do you continue to train shoulders twice a week?
Should I be running the form 3-4 a day for the full 4 weeks?

Ive been training all BP's twice a week just at different angles, tempos, rest periods, etc..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Flex I think what Big means is since you are complaining ove overuse injury symptoms on shoulders right now, why have you not scaled back your volume or frequency of training them. I would agree with him on that one, even if you don't take next week off at least cut shoulders back to once a week, heck you could cut direct shoulder work out for the next 2 weeks and not see any atrophy from it but you could see some healing.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flex I think what Big means is since you are complaining ove overuse injury symptoms on shoulders right now, why have you not scaled back your volume or frequency of training them. I would agree with him on that one, even if you don't take next week off at least cut shoulders back to once a week, heck you could cut direct shoulder work out for the next 2 weeks and not see any atrophy from it but you could see some healing.
:werd:

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
why have you not scaled back your volume or frequency of training them.
Cuz Im made of adamantium :)

Like any other injury, I'm just hoping to work through it. I didnt know the severity up until yesterday as it doesnt hurt during my other sessions, just annoying while benching.

Will git er done fellaz..no worries..

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Kleen hit it on the head. Incorporate more before and after stretching along with cable work on shoulder days. You don't need to be training that much in shoulders.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
As far as ur test booster there is no reason to taper down. By tapering you are limiting your test level potential. Formadrol will raise test about 30% according to the ingredients and MOA so a taper will being that number down, not to mention the drop your levels will experience over time naturally.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Understood. I'll keep my dose at 3 for the next couple weeks.

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
your workouts are brutal man dont want any serious injuries....even if you are made of adamantium!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I were you in your shoes I would do 1 week no shoulders. 2 weeks @ shoulders 1 time via machine only, and 2 weeks @ 1 time with free weights and machines mixed. Then go back to what ever you have planned.

Alternatively you can depend on the admantium but if you get truly injured it may ruin your run at the fall show...

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Day 55- Arms/Back

Arms/BAck

Close Grip Smith Bench
90 - 10
140 - 10, 10 drop set with tri pushes - 10
110 - 10 tri pushes - 10
90 - 10 pushes - 8

BTN Dumbbell Press
75 - 8
50 - 12, 10

Cable Kickbacks
30 - 10
20 - 10, 10

Single Arm Dumbbell Curls
50 - 6
45 - 6,7
40 - 6,7
35 - 6,7

Hammer Curls
Drop set 30, 25 x 3 failure

Preacher Curls
65 - 10, 10, 10

Mid Grip Pullups Assisted
90 - 8
110 - 8
130 - 8

10 min low intense cardio, 15 min sauna.

Notes
-Worked hard but a 'cruise' type workout as I cut volume down.
-Will relinquish strength training until NEXT sunday. Cardio will be on Sunday,
Tuesday, Thurs, Sat, and then back to normal Sunday.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
If I were you in your shoes I would do 1 week no shoulders. 2 weeks @ shoulders 1 time via machine only, and 2 weeks @ 1 time with free weights and machines mixed. Then go back to what ever you have planned.

Alternatively you can depend on the admantium but if you get truly injured it may ruin your run at the fall show...
What injury did you sustain to your shoulder that you needed surgery?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What injury did you sustain to your shoulder that you needed surgery?
I tore the cartiledge up inside there real bad. The had to remove a lot of it and I also ripped a big section of it off the bone so they had to anchor it back on. Just from pushing through when I should have rested and healed.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Concluding the log soon

Welp,

Today I did 1 hr of cardio, low intensity.

This week, bunch of stuff happens-

1. Last week of PCT. Torem drops to 30mg.
2. Deconditioning. No strength training, just cardio. Anaerobic resumes next
Sunday. Cardio was today/Tuesday/Thurs/Sat. Mon/Wed/Fri, totally off, maybe do some stretching and calisthenics at home.
3. Not going to log cardio so this log pretty much has concluded.
4. Taking 4 weeks off from any supplementation to 'normalize' and to also save a few bucks.
5. Future supps - I'm looking at LG's ASGT and APump for PWork. Might pick up a bottle of Perform by AI and stack with Testopro for my next PCT or just run straight up. Considering a PP Turinabol/Androhard run.

Lastly, my numbers today

Wt: 209.8
BF%: 12.7

Phase 2 started 8 weeks ago and here was my progress throughout:
Week 1: 218, 16.5%BF
Week 2: 220.8, 16% (started Tren, M1D stack)
Week 3: 219.8, 15.4%
Week 4: 221.4, 14.5%
Week 5: 219.2, 13.9%
Week 6: 218.6, 13.6%
Week 7: 213, 13% (PCT)
Week 8: 207.6, 12.7%
Week 9: 209.8, 12.7%

Phase 2 was net loss of 8.2 lbs, 3.7%BF, LBM obviously fluctuated alot, even peaking at 189.30 in week 3 of the stack but at week 8 it was 182.03 and today its 183.16. Essentially just losing fat here, no muscle. Stength is still where it needs to be, just not as much volume. No big deal there. Another successful phase; got 1 more to get into single digits.

Wanna thank my bros for following. I'll be around to support y'alls logs while I recoup!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job Flex! Enjoy the down time and I look forward to the next ride.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Thx fellaz. Mirror is telling me great things. I'm fitting into clothes I never thought I'd ever again; its been gratifying for sure. Getting alot of compliments lately, also refreshing.

There is alot more work to be done though, and this last phase will be the hardest. The primary goal was just that, so I'm not satisfied yet. Hope you guys are around to see it!

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Nice log and great results. Question for ya. I may have missed it, but what was your daily calorie intake total? Thanks.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Nice log and great results. Question for ya. I may have missed it, but what was your daily calorie intake total? Thanks.
Thank you sir. My daily caloric is between 2K-2.5K. This phase was 8 weeks and the one previous was 8 weeks. The last will be the same, maybe even cutting some more just to experiment.

To sum it up, I've lost ~40 lbs, over 10%BF in 16 weeks. The important thing is, I've kept my size. Dieting in the past for me has always resulted in flat, weak, and just plain ole burnt out. It wasn't until I got my diet straight, stuck to it and worked like I know how, that I started seeing results and the ones i wanted. Support from alot of the guys here made it easier either through experience, vast knowledge, or just providing confidence to keep going. I give alot of credit to those guys and they know who they are.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you sir. My daily caloric is between 2K-2.5K. This phase was 8 weeks and the one previous was 8 weeks. The last will be the same, maybe even cutting some more just to experiment.

To sum it up, I've lost ~40 lbs, over 10%BF in 16 weeks. The important thing is, I've kept my size. Dieting in the past for me has always resulted in flat, weak, and just plain ole burnt out. It wasn't until I got my diet straight, stuck to it and worked like I know how, that I started seeing results and the ones i wanted. Support from alot of the guys here made it easier either through experience, vast knowledge, or just providing confidence to keep going. I give alot of credit to those guys and they know who they are.
Thats awesome brutha! Remember to hook me up with the link to phase 3 ;)

//CC

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good improvements in the avi. Do you have a new log now?

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Good improvements in the avi. Do you have a new log now?
Well I'm waiting for a tub of ASGT from LG, and I bought a tub of AP to stack it with. I'll be startin the log then..WOOHOO!