Specific Joint Issue - Double Knee Surgery - Review of Joint Products

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
I've reviewed pretty much every joint thread for the last 2 years and am compiling a consensus.

My specific issue is earlier this year I had surgery for torn meniscus in both knees + damaged cartilage. It was the second meniscus surgery for one of the knees. The recovery has been extremely slow. Still some swelling in both, especially after a full day moving around or doing some stationary bike riding and other strengthening exercises. I ice after exercise in the evening.

I'm getting older, body's not healing as fast as it did, and my knees don't have much connective tissue left in them. Doc says I 100% will have more issues in 5-10 yrs.

So based on my research on here, I found a lot of support for the following:

Topicals:

Joint Force
Skelly Balm

Multi:

Orange Triad

Supporting Supps:

Fish Oil
NOW Krill Oil

Supps specifically for joints:

Wobenzym N
Animal Flex
Osteo-Sport
Cissus
Forged Joint Repair

Here is what I'm looking to do:

I would like to select 1 from each category. I don't really want to take anything right now that will "kill" the pain because I know I'm not 100% healthy yet and don't want to do too much. I'd like to be taking things that support the joints and tissue and help with inflammation.

I used to take fish oil, cissus and straight Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM. Strangely, I'm not taking anything at all right now, and so I know that taking some of this stuff again should definitely help. The question is, what combination?

1. From what I read, Joint Force topical is great but it also may dull the pain a lot, which I surely won't mind in another month or two, but for right now I think I'll probably choose something a little less aggressive.

2. I did take cissus a lot a few years back, and now have these joint issues, so I was wondering if, in any way, the cissus could be destructive or cause joint problems down the road? Is cissus an anti-inflammatory?

Open to suggestions or talk of which of these is best.

Almost definites are I plan to switch my multi and take a low dose krill or fish oil. The question now is, which topical and which supplement? And, would you taking all of these (topical/multi/fish oil/supplement) be overkill or would they definitely help out?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joint Force coupled with Super Cissus RX and fish oil, it helped my shoulder greatly. I separated my shoulder in three places and i slowly rehab'd it back into shape. But those 3 things helped me so much more. Joint Force is the best joint supplement hands down in my opinion.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Joint Force coupled with Super Cissus RX and fish oil, it helped my shoulder greatly. I separated my shoulder in three places and i slowly rehab'd it back into shape. But those 3 things helped me so much more. Joint Force is the best joint supplement hands down in my opinion.
Thanks for the comment - did Joint Force "mask" the pain so you could "power through" it, or do you feel like it helped the healing process, by reducing inflammation or by other means?

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Trying to nail down a specific joint supplement.

Deciding between:

Osteo-Sport by AN

or

Wobenzym N

Anyone tried both? Interested in the Wobenzym for its supposed digestive and immune support as well, but mainly want solid joint support.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
Trying to nail down a specific joint supplement.

Deciding between:

Osteo-Sport by AN

or

Wobenzym N

Anyone tried both? Interested in the Wobenzym for its supposed digestive and immune support as well, but mainly want solid joint support.
You cannot go wrong with Joint Force, and I honestly think you are on the right track by going with a topical and a joint support supp

I haven't tried Wobenzym - However I have a ton of experience with OsteoSport and it is without a doubt my fav joint aid (I actually was a dedicated OS user before becoming an AN rep!) The nice thing about going with Osteo-Sport is that it is going to attack your joint issues from multiple angles, rather than just Cissus or Gluc/MSM. You will have a combination of Cissus, Gluc/MSM, and other extremely beneficial ingredients such as Bromelain, Bioperine, Hyaluranic Acid, and more!

I even have my Dad (he is 64) hooked on OS - I had him start taking it about 3 months back when he was saying his knees and back bothered him to bend down. Since starting to take OS, he is pain free :D!

Feel The Burn

Awards
Joint Force & Osteo Sport is a great combination.

As for the concern of Joint Force "masking" the pain......it's not to the extreme you may think. Don't be worried that joint Force will mask the pain and make you feel better before you are. Try it...give it a little time, and you will be well on your way to recovery.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am interested in seeing the affects of those other compounds, such as the Bromelain, Bioperine and Hyaluranic Acid. The Orange Triad has the basics of Gluc/MSM, and also does have some Bromelain and Hyaluranic Acid, though I'm not sure exactly how much.

Question for you is OS says it has 500 mg total per cap. I'd be in the 4 caps/day range. When is the optimal time to take and would you take 2 doses of 2 or all 4 at once? thanks

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Joint Force & Osteo Sport is a great combination.

As for the concern of Joint Force "masking" the pain......it's not to the extreme you may think. Don't be worried that joint Force will mask the pain and make you feel better before you are. Try it...give it a little time, and you will be well on your way to recovery.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OsteoSport + Fish Oil is a great joint support stack

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I have had great results with high dose of Omega 3 and Cissus extract for my joints. It's very cheap and not aggressive at all, so if you wanna try something mild and natural I'd pick those 2.. But I have also had great results in pain releaving with the use of cortisol inhibitors as they reduce the stress on the joints as well..

Also, I have heard great stuff about Controlled Labs Orange Triad, I'm currently trying them out now, but it's too early to say anything yet about them.. First I thought they were pretty expensive, but after realizing that it also takes away the need for buying vitamins and minerals separately, it ain't so bad :)

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i just had shoulder surgery. im taking

test at trt dose
hgh 2iu/day will go up to4
deca 150mg/week