MTHFR Supplement Discussion - Anyone Interested in an MTHFR Specific Product?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We have been asked to do a supplement for this several times and have some ongoing discussion in the 'Tell Us What You Want from Us' thread, but I wanted to make a separate thread about it in order to hopefully get more input and opinions.

There are a lot of basic supplements in this category, many of which are extremely expensive and in my opinion trying to capitalize on the number of people that are scared or worried because they have or may have this condition. Then on the other hand, there are a lot of fly by night companies that likely don't have what they labels say, again trying to capitalize on the fear and worry of consumers and just trying to capitalize on it.

My goal, if we do a supplement for this category is to provide the absolute best product in its respective category and for it to be a top quality comprehensive formula at a great price that people can afford.

At SNS in general, one of my goals is a 'people before profits' concept in that yes, of course everyone is in business to make money, but my passion is to truly help people through helping improve their quality of life thru supplementation, and that can't happen if people can't afford the products. Many times, that leads us to taking really low profit margins to help make the products affordable to people, and not only am I okay with that, I'm happy to do it if it means someone being able to take something that will help them that they otherwise may not be able to afford.

I have a base idea for the formula for this, but I would love to hear anyone interested in participating in the conversation on it's thoughts and ideas for a product for this - ingredients, dosages, etc.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and a thank you to people that participate &/or to those that just wish to read, follow along, and hopefully learn.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For anyone that isn't familiar with MTHFR, here is an overview of what it is and what the MTHFR gene mutation is.

What is MTHFR?
MTHFR is a gene that provides the body with instructions for making an enzyme called methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR).

When you eat foods that contain folic acid, MTHFR converts it into methyl-folate (folate’s active form).

Methyl-folate is critical to methylation, which helps to optimize a huge number of processes in the body including the production of DNA, metabolism of hormones, and proper detoxification.

MTHFR also break down the amino acid homocysteine. Elevated homocysteine levels may increase your risk for dementia, heart disease, stroke, and much more.

What is an MTHFR Gene Mutation?
An MTHFR gene mutation may change the way that you metabolize and convert nutrients from your diet or supplementation into active vitamins, minerals, and proteins for your body to use.

This genetic mutation may also affect hormone and neurotransmitter levels, brain function, digestion, heart health, cholesterol levels, and much more.

There can be one or two abnormal variants which are passed down from parent to child. The more variations you have, the more issues your body may have with properly methylating.

If the MTHFR gene mutates, it may contribute to a variety of health conditions including certain types of cancers, heart disease, depression, digestive disturbances, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and much more.

Here are just some things that MTHFR gene mutation can possibly contribute to:
  • Cardiovascular Diseases – such as blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.
  • Mental Health Issues – such as anxiety and depression.
  • Behavioral – such as increased risk of ADD/ADHD.
  • Homocysteinemia – high homocysteine levels in the blood & or urine.
  • Ataxia – a neurological condition that can affect coordination.
  • Peripheral Neuropathy – a neurological condition that damages the nerves.
  • Anemia – lack of red blood cells in the body.
This is by no means a complete and comprehensive piece on MTHFR, its just a general overview for those reading and interested in it that may not be familiar with it or that want to learn more about it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here are my thoughts on ingredients for a potential product:

Definitely want to include:
  • Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)
  • Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)
  • Folate (probably Quatrefolic)
  • Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)
Possibly will include:
  • Vitamin B12 (as Hydroxycobalamin)
  • Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine)
  • Benfotiamine
SAM-e is an interesting one because from my reading, it seems like there are mixed opinions and some recommend it for people with the MTHFR gene mutation and some say it should be avoided. I have my opinion, but I don't want to influence anyone else's by giving mine first.

I have dosages in mind, but I want to hear opinions on the dosages people would like to see.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never heard of this before, but it sounds very interesting and cutting edge !! I currently take a Methylated Folate.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I appreciate you laying this out as it isn’t something I’ve looked into a ton before. Thanks for the effort to put it together.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_0260.jpg

Since you made this thread I thought I’d post this label here as well. This is the methylation complex that I take now.
I don’t know much about adding or not adding SAMe to it but adding B2 and or B6 to these ingredients above would be great and I’d definitely buy it from you Steve!

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Quatrefolic is one of the best ingredients I’ve taken that has truly made a difference in my life.
SAM-e was extremely potent but noticed that it left me on the edge of irritation and panic. I think SAM-e should be a single Ingredient on its own and putting it into methylation complex formula could cause too much methylation and pose some side effects perhaps. This is just my opinion.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quatrefolic is one of the best ingredients I’ve taken that has truly made a difference in my life.
SAM-e was extremely potent but noticed that it left me on the edge of irritation and panic. I think SAM-e should be a single Ingredient on its own and putting it into methylation complex formula could cause too much methylation and pose some side effects perhaps. This is just my opinion.
What kind of differences and at what doses?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am not familiar with this, but definitely interested and following along to learn and gain knowledge!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm also not very familiar with this topic but I'm definitely interested in it

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here are my thoughts on ingredients for a potential product:

Definitely want to include:
Possibly will include:
  • Benfotiamine
SAM-e is an interesting one because from my reading, it seems like there are mixed opinions and some recommend it for people with the MTHFR gene mutation and some say it should be avoided. I have my opinion, but I don't want to influence anyone else's by giving mine first.

I have dosages in mind, but I want to hear opinions on the dosages people would like to see.
Since SAMe is rather expensive, might you be able to reduce the SAMe content and add Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anydrous) - since it works synergiscaly with SAMe?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve been suffering from Dissociative disorder for a while and Quatrefolic at 400-600mcg really seemed to make me motivated and alive.
I appreciate the reply and information! I am looking into giving this a try now and am even more excited for a potential SNS release.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you to everyone that has replied so far. I enjoy discussing supplements in general. Most of the discussion here on AM is bodybuilding related, which I enjoy; but I also like discussing general health supplements and things that can help improve well-being and quality of life - and these things can also carry over into athletic and in the gym performance.

I have never heard of this before, but it sounds very interesting and cutting edge !! I currently take a Methylated Folate.
It's a gene mutation that a lot of people have, but it wasn't known about for a long time and for a long time insurance didn't cover testing for it, and still doesn't in a lot of cases.

Supplements like this could be useful for people whether they have it or not, but can potentially be life changing for people that do have the gene mutation.

I appreciate you laying this out as it isn’t something I’ve looked into a ton before. Thanks for the effort to put it together.
Thank you. I really appreciate you following along and any input is very much welcome.

View attachment 230068

Since you made this thread I thought I’d post this label here as well. This is the methylation complex that I take now.
I don’t know much about adding or not adding SAMe to it but adding B2 and or B6 to these ingredients above would be great and I’d definitely buy it from you Steve!
Thank you for posting that. It was my and your discussion in the other thread that made me decide to go ahead and post a separate thread on this.

SAMe is one that I think we will likely not add to it because some people love it, some people don't, and there seems to be contradictory understanding of whether its good for MTHFR. I actually think that for most people it is though and that a lot of the supplement brands trying to convince that it isn't is actually because its just a very expensive ingredient.

But ultimately, I think we will likely do it without SAMe because I think SAMe is best taken on an empty stomach whereas some people have to take things with B Vitamins in them with food.

I'm glad to hear that you like Quatrefolic so much and that its helped you.

I think that we will likely leave SAMe out, even though I really like it - because it does affect some people differently and also because I think its best taken on an empty stomach and some people have to take any B Vitamins with food.

It's interesting that SAMe affected you that way - it goes to show how potent it is and also how it can affect people differently. I recently added it back into my supplement regimen and have noticed that taking it with our Stress & Anxiety Support, they seem to intensify each other and leave me with a very mellow and calm feeling.

I am not familiar with this, but definitely interested and following along to learn and gain knowledge!
Thanks for posting and subscribing.

I'm going to start doing more articles again and also if enough people are interested, I may start posting more topics like this.

I'm also not very familiar with this topic but I'm definitely interested in it
It's really fascinating and the research is evolving.

Since SAMe is rather expensive, might you be able to reduce the SAMe content and add Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anydrous) - since it works synergiscaly with SAMe?
I think we'll likely leave SAMe out of it for reasons I put in a couple of my above replies.

But thank you for the suggestion; its a good suggestion and I'm surprised more reputable brands don't use TMG in their SAMe products. It's likely though bc to be competitive they have to dose the SAMe high so they're probably trying to keep tablet size down and keep it to one capsule/tablet. I say tablet just bc that's how most SAMe products come.

I’ve been suffering from Dissociative disorder for a while and Quatrefolic at 400-600mcg really seemed to make me motivated and alive.
I'm really glad to hear that its helped you with this. I'm so happy for you; I sincerely mean that.

I know that dissociative disorders can be so very difficult.

I appreciate the reply and information! I am looking into giving this a try now and am even more excited for a potential SNS release.
I'm really looking forward to doing a product like this. I'm struggling to think of a good name.

No worries man and yeah I hope SNS releases it for sure
I think we definitely will. I have the base idea and just want to see what people suggest or would like to see from one in this thread to put the finishing touches on it.

I'm trying to think of a good name for it but so far am not having any luck.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gene fix XT
Or a flashy GENETIC FX
I actually really like Genetic FX but I'm not sure if it would convey MTHFR to the general supplement consumer. I may try to think of some type of wordplay similar or close to that though. Thank you for the suggestion.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Come to think of it, Methyl FX makes sense too and sounds awesome.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It does but unfortunately is taken.

And ironic because that was my first name thought and it's pretty funny that you thought of FX when I had too.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It does but unfortunately is taken.

And ironic because that was my first name thought and it's pretty funny that you thought of FX when I had too.
How many ingredients are we looking at? How about Methyl8 (XT)? That makes more sense with 8 ingredients.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about Methylate XT?
Thank you for the suggestion. I thought about something along those lines but that one is better than my thought because I had thought Methyl XT and then ditched the idea because I was scared people may think it was a ph.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How many ingredients are we looking at? How about Methyl8 (XT)? That makes more sense with 8 ingredients.
I see where you're going with that and I like that idea.

Right now, I know I want to include:
Then, I'm thinking of including:
  • Benfotiamine
If we went with all of those, that would be 7 so far. If we use TMG in it though, the dose would be not too high because I don't want this to turn out to be a lot of capsules.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I see where you're going with that and I like that idea.

Right now, I know I want to include:
Then, I'm thinking of including:
  • Benfotiamine
If we went with all of those, that would be 7 so far. If we use TMG in it though, the dose would be not too high because I don't want this to turn out to be a lot of capsules.
If you’re using it as an aid for methylation, I would think even 100mg per serving should do something. I don’t think there would be a need for grams of it in this context.

I’d probably add 100-200mcg of selenium. I forget where, but I read that selenium is used in methylation reactions.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How about Badass MTHFR XT.
it should come with a free horvath clock.
All jokes. This would be a cool product. As we’ve seen with all SNS products, top notch

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How about Badass MTHFR XT.
it should come with a free horvath clock.
All jokes. This would be a cool product. As we’ve seen with all SNS products, top notch
Ha. I read clock as cloak at first and that got my mind racing to all sorts of interesting ideas haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you’re using it as an aid for methylation, I would think even 100mg per serving should do something. I don’t think there would be a need for grams of it in this context.

I’d probably add 100-200mcg of selenium. I forget where, but I read that selenium is used in methylation reactions.
I have read an argument for or against that for MTHFR. I personally think that its good to take with MTHFR, but I could see where some people may read a side of the argument against it and maybe not buy the product bc of it.

I just put this on my research list to try to look into deeper.

I personally supplement with Selenium myself.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Learning a lot here, thanks all.

I’ve never noticed any symptoms of a genetic mutation like that. Would I benefit from a methylanation complex like what’s being proposed? Any benefits to mood, longevity or metabolism?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Learning a lot here, thanks all.

I’ve never noticed any symptoms of a genetic mutation like that. Would I benefit from a methylanation complex like what’s being proposed? Any benefits to mood, longevity or metabolism?
A lot of people never realize they have it because the way they feel is normal to them and they never notice a difference until they target it. For some people, it's a minor difference but for some people it can be a life changing one over time.

The product I'm designing will be a great product even for people that don't have the mutation because it will still include the more absorbable and efficient forms of many B vitamins and help with methylation which can support cardiovascular health and is a major factor in anti-aging and longevity.

This will be an SNS product but I think its so supportive of longevity/anti-aging that if I do the anti-aging/longevity sub-brand that I'm considering, its very possible that you may see the same formula with a different label/branding under that brand as well.

josun

Awards
  • Established
From a post I read “Supplementing 1.6 mg of riboflavin per day has been shown to restore MTHFR enzymatic activity to homeostasis and alleviate disruption of the folate pathway.

In a RCT from 2006 riboflavin administration reduced homocysteine in MTHFR 677CT and 677TT variants, with a statistically significant decrease of 22% among the 677TT cohort [1]. Participants within the 25th percentile of folate status had an even greater 40% reduction in homocysteine.

Given that the primary cause of heightened homocysteine is due to the deficiency of MTHFR enzymatic activity, and that the 677TT variant exhibits the least enzymatic activity, it appears likely that riboflavin - a cofactor of the MTHFR enzyme - restored the activity thereof and ensured equilibrium within the folate pathway. A recent study has proven this to be the case.

In 2020 researchers randomized 47 participants with the

677TT variant to receive either 1.6 mg of riboflavin per day or placebo for 16 weeks [2]. Not only did the riboflavin intervention cohort significantly improve their s-adenosyl methionine (SAM-e) and homocysteine relative to placebo, their values normalized to those of a 677CC genotype cohort from a observational trial done prior.

This is definitive proof that riboflavin is cabaple of restoring the folate pathway to its homeostasis and ensure MTHFR enzyme activity equal to that of someone with the default 677CC genotype.

In closing, we may conclude that a riboflavin insufficiency coupled with particularly the 677TT genotype is causal towards a disrupted folate pathway; this is what's known as a dene-nutrient interaction. This mav also explain why
despite the ubiquity of MTHFR variants among certain ethnicities such as Italians, they do not experience widespread consequent disease because of a diet pi V naturally high in riboflavin.

1. McNulty, H., Dowey, L. R. C., Strain, J. J., Dunne, A.,
despite the ubiquity of MTHFR variants among certain ethnicities such as Italians, they do not experience widespread consequent disease because of a diet pi V naturally high in riboflavin.

despite the ubiquity of MTHFR variants among certain ethnicities such as Italians, they do not experience widespread consequent disease because of a diet pi V naturally high in riboflavin.”

Ward, M., Molloy, A. M., McAnena, L. B., Hughes, J. P., Hannon-Fletcher, M., & Scott, J. M. (2006). Riboflavin Lowers Homocysteine in Individuals Homozygous for the MTHFR 677C->T Polymorphism. Circulation, 113(1),

74-80. https://doi.org/10.1161/

CIRCULATIONAHA.105.580332

2. Rooney, M., Bottiglieri, T., Wasek-Patterson, B.,

McMahon, A., Hughes, C. F., McCann, A., Horigan, G., Strain, J. J., McNulty, H., & Ward, M. (2020). Impact of the MTHFR C677T polymorphism on one-carbon metabolites: Evidence from a randomised trial of riboflavin supplementation. Biochimie, 173, 91-99.

josun

Awards
  • Established
How would Quatrefolic compare to methyl folate?
really confused because I read with the MTHFR mutation, the only form of folate we can take is methyl folate. Is that not true? I know we're supposed to avoid folic acid and synthetic folate, to which the only other option I see is methyl. Am I missing something?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From a post I read “Supplementing 1.6 mg of riboflavin per day has been shown to restore MTHFR enzymatic activity to homeostasis and alleviate disruption of the folate pathway.

In a RCT from 2006 riboflavin administration reduced homocysteine in MTHFR 677CT and 677TT variants, with a statistically significant decrease of 22% among the 677TT cohort [1]. Participants within the 25th percentile of folate status had an even greater 40% reduction in homocysteine.

Given that the primary cause of heightened homocysteine is due to the deficiency of MTHFR enzymatic activity, and that the 677TT variant exhibits the least enzymatic activity, it appears likely that riboflavin - a cofactor of the MTHFR enzyme - restored the activity thereof and ensured equilibrium within the folate pathway. A recent study has proven this to be the case.

In 2020 researchers randomized 47 participants with the

677TT variant to receive either 1.6 mg of riboflavin per day or placebo for 16 weeks [2]. Not only did the riboflavin intervention cohort significantly improve their s-adenosyl methionine (SAM-e) and homocysteine relative to placebo, their values normalized to those of a 677CC genotype cohort from a observational trial done prior.

This is definitive proof that riboflavin is cabaple of restoring the folate pathway to its homeostasis and ensure MTHFR enzyme activity equal to that of someone with the default 677CC genotype.

In closing, we may conclude that a riboflavin insufficiency coupled with particularly the 677TT genotype is causal towards a disrupted folate pathway; this is what's known as a dene-nutrient interaction. This mav also explain why

despite the ubiquity of MTHFR variants among certain ethnicities such as Italians, they do not experience widespread consequent disease because of a diet pi V naturally high in riboflavin.”

Ward, M., Molloy, A. M., McAnena, L. B., Hughes, J. P., Hannon-Fletcher, M., & Scott, J. M. (2006). Riboflavin Lowers Homocysteine in Individuals Homozygous for the MTHFR 677C->T Polymorphism. Circulation, 113(1),

74-80. https://doi.org/10.1161/

CIRCULATIONAHA.105.580332

2. Rooney, M., Bottiglieri, T., Wasek-Patterson, B.,

McMahon, A., Hughes, C. F., McCann, A., Horigan, G., Strain, J. J., McNulty, H., & Ward, M. (2020). Impact of the MTHFR C677T polymorphism on one-carbon metabolites: Evidence from a randomised trial of riboflavin supplementation. Biochimie, 173, 91-99.

Thank you for posting. That makes sense why you see the 1.6 mg dose in so many products, whereas my thought would have been to go with higher dosing on it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How would Quatrefolic compare to methyl folate?
really confused because I read with the MTHFR mutation, the only form of folate we can take is methyl folate. Is that not true? I know we're supposed to avoid folic acid and synthetic folate, to which the only other option I see is methyl. Am I missing something?
Quatrefolic is a branded form of methyl folate.

There have been some issues with brands either knowingly or unknowingly putting regular folic acid in supplements claiming that its methyl folate. Some blame it on raw material supplies, I think its likely to save money. But either way, by going with a branded version, you eliminate any possibility for that.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sns8778 would this still benefit those without the gene mutation? I’ve done dna testing and have don’t disrupted folate metabolism? I like the product idea for those who do however

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 would this still benefit those without the gene mutation? I’ve done dna testing and have don’t disrupted folate metabolism? I like the product idea for those who do however
It absolutely would still be a good product even for people that don't have the mutation because it will still include the more absorbable and efficient forms of many B vitamins and help with methylation which can support cardiovascular health and is a major factor in anti-aging and longevity.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Steve,

I do have this, found out thanks to Solgar paying for some DNA testing almost two decades ago, thanks Solgar! Anyways in your opinion how bad is getting some regular folic acid for someone like myself? It's in so many products and I do get some here and there ut do try to avoid anything really high dosed, such as some pre's these days. I would say on average I get about 300mcg of regular and 400-800 methly a day? Thanks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Steve,

I do have this, found out thanks to Solgar paying for some DNA testing almost two decades ago, thanks Solgar! Anyways in your opinion how bad is getting some regular folic acid for someone like myself? It's in so many products and I do get some here and there ut do try to avoid anything really high dosed, such as some pre's these days. I would say on average I get about 300mcg of regular and 400-800 methly a day? Thanks.
I have this myself and I don't avoid regular folic acid, I just don't intentionally take any in. But if it was in something else I was taking or wanted to take in a low dose, I wouldn't be scared to take it. I just wouldn't count it as me supplementing with it personally.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wanted to see if anyone had anymore thoughts or input on this as far as ingredients or dosages that they would want in a product like this.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wanted to see if anyone had anymore thoughts or input on this as far as ingredients or dosages that they would want in a product like this.
I’m confident you’re going to make an excellent product, like always.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m confident you’re going to make an excellent product, like always.
Thank you.

I normally don't give out finished product ideas and I wont' disclose the dosages I'm thinking, but my thoughts at this time are to include:
  • Benfotiamine
  • Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)
  • Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate)
  • Folate (as Quatrefolic)
  • Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)
  • Vitamin B12 (as Adenosylcobalamin)
I'm thinking of maybe going the route of a 2 capsule/4 capsule per day dosing so that people can adjust their dosage based upon their individual desires and needs.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you.

I normally don't give out finished product ideas and I wont' disclose the dosages I'm thinking, but my thoughts at this time are to include:
  • Benfotiamine
I'm thinking of maybe going the route of a 2 capsule/4 capsule per day dosing so that people can adjust their dosage based upon their individual desires and needs.
Sounds good! You make it and I’ll buy it!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For anyone that is interested in mushrooms and likes threads like this one, where we discuss ingredients and putting a product together, here is a link to a thread I just created to get ideas on finalizing the multi-mushroom product:

josun

Awards
  • Established
Can't MTHFR cause issues clearing your body of histamine? So maybe something that can lower histamine? Maybe Quercetin?

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.

• Benfotiamine
I would be a lifetime customer for this
When are you planning one releasing this? @sns8778

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you.

• Benfotiamine
Would this take the place of the Coenzymated B Complex I take now ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would this take the place of the Coenzymated B Complex I take now ?
Yes, it would. This would have the best forms and really good dosages.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can't MTHFR cause issues clearing your body of histamine? So maybe something that can lower histamine? Maybe Quercetin?
Good suggestion. I had thought about it, but here's why I had decided not to include it.

Decreased MTHFR may cause a reduction in the breakdown of histamine, but if the cause of histamine issues is MTHFR then there's a good chance that addressing the other issues like this product will, will help with that issue as well.

The problem with adding Quercetin to it is that Quercetin ideally needs to be taken on an empty stomach and many people have to take B Vitamins with a meal. I did think about adding it, but that, along with that it would add a number of capsules to the product is why I had decided not to.

Histamine intolerance is contributed to or caused by other genes and issues as well. I have issues with histamine intolerance myself, and we will be doing a product to help target that later in the year. It's one that is very novel and unique, so I can't really give out any info on that now. I'm normally not very secretive about upcoming products or ideas I'm researching, but this project is special to me and I've been researching concepts for this for years and its a collaboration between myself, a dermatologist, and an allergy specialist, so it will be super cool.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would be a lifetime customer for this
When are you planning one releasing this? @sns8778
Thank you. I'm hoping that we could have it out in a few months.

This is one that will take some additional planning because I think its important for it to be part of the SNS lineup, but we probably need to do an individual website for this for people specifically looking for information about MTHFR and I wouldn't want it to get lost in the mix of all the other products.

Our selection of products is great, but I could see how it could be overwhelming for people looking for MTHFR to go to a website with 70+ products.

So, there's just a little more that needs to go into this one; but its an important project to me, and I could realistically see it coming out over summertime.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good suggestion. I had thought about it, but here's why I had decided not to include it.

Decreased MTHFR may cause a reduction in the breakdown of histamine, but if the cause of histamine issues is MTHFR then there's a good chance that addressing the other issues like this product will, will help with that issue as well.

The problem with adding Quercetin to it is that Quercetin ideally needs to be taken on an empty stomach and many people have to take B Vitamins with a meal. I did think about adding it, but that, along with that it would add a number of capsules to the product is why I had decided not to.

Histamine intolerance is contributed to or caused by other genes and issues as well. I have issues with histamine intolerance myself, and we will be doing a product to help target that later in the year. It's one that is very novel and unique, so I can't really give out any info on that now. I'm normally not very secretive about upcoming products or ideas I'm researching, but this project is special to me and I've been researching concepts for this for years and its a collaboration between myself, a dermatologist, and an allergy specialist, so it will be super cool.
I can’t wait until you release it @sns8778.