Any steroids to specifically increase tendon strength?

ChilledFaith

Awards
So I’ve got a bit of a different question. Do any steroids actually improve tendon/ligament strength? I’ve just torn my 4th tendon in 2 years and want to explore other options. Been lifting for 9 years and don’t particularly want to be “enhanced” but I also don’t want my body to keep braking down on me and ruining/preventing progress. Some quick background is 2 ruptured achilles and 1 (complex) meniscus tear, as well as just tore my plantar fasciitis. I never seem to get/have pain before it happens, they just tend to pop. So it’s not like i'm pushing through anything. I really just want to get out of this cycle of injuring myself, training my a** off, then injuring myself again. So, If they can/do improve their strength, any ones specificly to look into? Appreciate any suggestions!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’ve got a bit of a different question. Do any steroids actually improve tendon/ligament strength? I’ve just torn my 4th tendon in 2 years and want to explore other options. Been lifting for 9 years and don’t particularly want to be “enhanced” but I also don’t want my body to keep braking down on me and ruining/preventing progress. Some quick background is 2 ruptured achilles and 1 (complex) meniscus tear, as well as just tore my plantar fasciitis. I never seem to get/have pain before it happens, they just tend to pop. So it’s not like i'm pushing through anything. I really just want to get out of this cycle of injuring myself, training my a** off, then injuring myself again. So, If they can/do improve their strength, any ones specificly to look into? Appreciate any suggestions!
Do you cycle any Anabolics of any kind?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've read that steroids do the opposite and can stiffen tendons. Have also read some sarms can increase tendon and bone repair. I'd think the best bet would maybe be running Bcp 157 every so often but even then it increases healing not sure about adding actual strength to the tendon.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think your best bet is to research some peptides especially scince yiu don't necessarily want to be "enhanced" nothing wrong with that you won't pass a usada test but you won't have that "steroid" look either

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Steroids in general increase strength which puts one in a position to tear tendons more easily. Which would be the worst idea for you. I hope you have looked deeply into the movements you are doing and the rehab and ongoing conditioning related to these injuries. It appears you have jumped into things too quickly, had some brutal injuries and then jumped back into things to quickly from injury. In consideration that all the injuries you noted are related to each other. There is no short cut. If you really like training and want to be doing it when your older (I am a 55 year old active powerlifter), you had better rethink this and gain a new and healthy perspective. All the best.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Steroids=NO, they won't help ant potentially will make the problem worse.

You want to look into GH, peptides, collagen protein and things that improve collagen production/synthesis. Glucosamine will also help a bit

ChilledFaith

Awards
To reply to a couple different people, I don’t run any anabolics currently. I can see myself doing it eventually, but I was planning to wait until my 30’s if I ever do.

Appreciate the point on them (anabolics) making it worse, so something to stay away from then.

I have ran bpc on all of the injuries. I think it helps, but I’m not sure how good it is preventatively.

I take rehab pretty seriously and don’t try and jump into things too quickly. I’ve never jumped back into anything without doctor approval and feeling good with my body. I was a D1 pole vaulter in college and all of those injuries are related to it, falling from 17+ feet repeatedly is hard on your body in general, so I can definitely attribute some of it to that. I’ve tried knees over toes and also some other different programs for rehab/strengthening, but a major issue is my Achilles is so tight my knee physically can’t bend over my toes, of which the doctor warned would happen after the second surgery. So I think a lot of that can also be attributed to the inability of my body to absorb impact when sprinting/jumping.

I’m definitely gonna look into peptides a bit more and see if there’s some other options, maybe stem cells or such. Appreciate the help!