Are natty test boosters safe to use continuously or do they need to be cycled (specifically, optimize T)

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No it’s not. Nothing that plays with your hormone should be used continuously. Test boosters are garbage anyways what are you expecting to gain from that?

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 provided a really thorough answer to that question in this previous thread. It's worth a read:

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That site you linked says that because they’re trying to sell you the alternative. The article is so full of crap, I don’t even know where to start. If you get a good test booster from a reliable source, the only real issue would be that after a while, your body may start “fighting back” in a way to maintain homeostasis. Practically speaking, I don’t think that’s a big concern. There’s not much I’ve seen in testosterone boosters that I would even consider unhealthy. Seriously, that article was so bad. Ignore it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Asked a guy from their customer service and he said is ok to continuously use as part of ones normal everyday supplement regimen.

Then I read this article —https://gainswave.com/blog/over-the-counter-testosterone-supplements/

Which basically says all natural test boosters cause side effects.

What is the consensus in this community?

Thanks in advance!!
The article you linked to is trying to discourage you from buying supplement so they can sell you a dramatically overpriced treatment in which they are literally basically trying to get you to do 'sound therapy' to your penis. :ROFLMAO:

There are a wide variety of different testosterone boosting ingredients on the market and no one should ever use the word 'all' when referring to most any category of supplementation. In almost every category, there are going to be ingredients that work and ingredients that don't; and ingredients that can be used continuously for long periods of time and ingredients that shouldn't.

To answer your questions, Optimize-T can be taken long term as part of your daily supplement regimen.

This answer doesn't apply to all natural test boosters bc there are some that you may not want to take constantly without breaks (D-Aspartic Acid comes to mind), but Optimize-T can be taken daily.

Here's a link to the Optimize-T thread in case you haven't seen it. There's a lot of great discussion and feedback in there:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No it’s not. Nothing that plays with your hormone should be used continuously. Test boosters are garbage anyways what are you expecting to gain from that?
You're certainly entitled to your opinions, but Optimize-T does not 'play with your hormones'.
(My post also isn't entirely to you; I'm writing out a response to anyone that may read now or in the future addressing your comments, but its not directed at you personally).

I would agree with you in that many of the products on the market that call themselves natural testosterone boosters are more marketing hype than anything and they use the cheapest possible ingredients in order to maximize profits and pay for their marketing.
But that doesn't mean that you should stereotype every product or every company that way.

There are very few times in life that stereotyping or generalizing is ever going to have a positive or truthful outcome.

There are some of us that actually care about helping people and put a lot of money and many hours of research into providing top quality products in order to help people improve their quality of life, feel better, perform better, and reach their individual goals.

In the case of Optimize-T, I'm guessing that you most likely made your bashing comment without taking the time to read up on it because you probably have a negative opinions towards the entire category of supplements. That's okay, I understand - but if you're someone that enjoys learning about supplements, I'd encourage you to read up on Optimize-T and the ingredients in it, because it contains multiple ingredients that have been shown in real clinical studies to increase both free and total testosterone levels.

That's one of the beautiful things about using clinically researched ingredients is that it takes sales pitch and opinions out of the equation and gives actual facts to work with. Now I say this all the time on here, different things work different for different people - so there are times where an ingredient may have great studies and may not work great for everyone; but that's why in the case of Optimize-T there are literally 8 clinically researched ingredients in the product all at their efficacious dosages.

On the subject of studies, of particular interest that I found cool was that a group of researchers conducted a study in which they compared a wide variety of some of the most popular testosterone boosting ingredients on the market and their study results showed that the top 2 of them were KSM-66 and Furosap. Optimize-T contains Furosap at DOUBLE the dosage used in their study.

In regards to 'playing with your hormones', the role of Optimize-T is to help increase your natural testosterone levels. As we all age, our body's natural testosterone levels decline. Optimize-T contains ingredients that have been clinically proven to increase both free and total testosterone levels - so helping increase your natural levels isn't 'playing with your hormones'.

(To me, things like ph's, sarm's, and aas are more in line with the playing with your hormones comment- and I don't mean that negatively at all. To each their own - but its a fact that those things that cause roller coaster effects, suppression, etc. are more 'playing with your hormones' than something that increases your natural levels and doesn't cause shutdown or a yoyo type up and down effect).

The thought process on whether someone should cycle on and off of natural testosterone boosters depends on the ingredients - some can be used consistently and others do need to be cycled. For the ingredients in Optimize-T, they can be used continuously if someone would like to.

As for the thought process of cycling natural testosterone boosters in general, its much like the thought process with cycling HRT. The purpose of HRT is to increase your testosterone levels to a higher level within the normal range than a person is without it. Same concept with Optimize-T. Now, I'm NOT comparing Optimize-T to HRT; no companies should compare their natural products to any types of steroids - that's where some of the negative perceptions come from towards this category to begin with is a lot of companies making stupid claims about products. I just wanted to clarify that - I'm talking about the concept. The purpose of HRT being to increase your test levels to a higher level within the normal range than the person is without it; and that's the same concept with Optimize-T. So, just like there's one school of thought on cycling HRT and one school of thought on not cycling HRT and staying on it continuously, the same concept applies towards things like Optimize-T. Just like I wouldn't argue with someone to stay on HRT constantly or cycle it, I'm not going to argue with anyone to stay on Optimize-T consistently or cycle it. It's personal choice and whatever school of thought a person adheres to for both of those subjects.

For me personally, my personal opinion is if something helps increase your natural testosterone levels and helps you feel better, it makes no sense to me to come off of it just for the hell of it to then just go back on it. To me, that's just basically saying - hey, I feel so much better on this, let me come off of it and make myself feel like crap again for awhile before I start back. I would wait until if the day were to come where I wasn't experiencing the results anymore from it and take that as my body's way of telling me I need a break from it.

You asked him what he was looking for - if he's looking for 'steroid like gains', nope, he's absolutely not going to get that out of a natural testosterone booster. But if he or anyone is looking for the benefits that come along with increased levels of testosterone within the normal range, then there is a lot of great feedback on Optimize-T that correlates with that.

Some of the common user feedback on Optimize-T includes: people feeling better, having a better natural energy level, improved sense of well-being, positive mood, recovering better, having greatly improved sleep quality, and greatly increased libido.

Here's a link to the Optimize-T thread. There is a lot of great discussion and feedback in there:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That site you linked says that because they’re trying to sell you the alternative. The article is so full of crap, I don’t even know where to start. If you get a good test booster from a reliable source, the only real issue would be that after a while, your body may start “fighting back” in a way to maintain homeostasis. Practically speaking, I don’t think that’s a big concern. There’s not much I’ve seen in testosterone boosters that I would even consider unhealthy. Seriously, that article was so bad. Ignore it.
That didn't even qualify as an article. I had a hard time reading that website with a straight face. When I saw the treating the penis with sound waves part, there were so many comically inappropriate things that went thru mind mind lol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 provided a really thorough answer to that question in this previous thread. It's worth a read:
Thank you for posting that link.

Here's the main part of what I posted in that thread:

The theories of taking breaks on HRT and on natural testosterone boosters is more of the old school logic way of thinking on things like this. Five years ago, I'm sure if you looked at my posts then, I would have been suggesting to take breaks as well; but this is just an example of how our understanding of things has evolved and changed.

Think about it like this - where HRT used to be done for 12 weeks at a time and then people would come off and take a break (in theory to allow the body to normalize), that isn't the norm anymore. Because really, what is the taking a break to allow the body to normalize to then just go back on? It's basically the person coming off of it long enough to feel like crap if they needed it to then just turn around and start it back again.

The same logic can be applied to natural testosterone boosters like M-Test or Optimize-T. If your testosterone levels are low or lower than you'd like them to be and you use them and they help you and you find that you feel better on them, why take a break? In that if you're using them to get your testosterone levels up and to help you feel better, if you're feeling better and its working, then taking a break is basically just allowing them to fall again and feel worse.

If its generally accepted now that HRT can be ran continuously, there's absolutely no reason to say that natural testosterone boosters cannot be ran the same.

You take in my case, with my condition, I know for a fact via bloodwork that M-Test helps my free testosterone levels. They were low and I was experiencing symptoms accordingly - mood, fatigue, loss of libido, etc. After 2 months on M-Test, I had my bloodwork done and everything about them hormonally was better, especially my free testosterone. After another month, I cycled off and after 2 to 3 weeks off had bloodwork done and my free test levels were back down to where they were before and I felt like crap again - mood, fatigue, loss of libido, etc. was all back. I went back on M-Test and after 2 months again had my levels checked and they were better, just as they were on the previous bloodwork. That's when M-Test became part of my daily use supplement regimen and it was actually at my doctors advice based on my bloodwork. And he used the exact analogy that I used above in that as schools of thought had changed on HRT, the same would apply to natural test boosters bc the focus now is more on achieving constant levels where a person feels better rather than doing an on and off approach.

It's also an interesting example of where this is one of the cases where the general health side of the market was ahead of the bodybuilding side. I think that's because on the bodybuilding side of things, we've always lived in a world of cycles; people for the longest time have just cycled things bc that's the way things were always done (but that doesn't make it correct). But if you look at the general health companies, many of the large reputable brands that make natural testosterone boosters stopped suggesting them to be cycled years before the ones on the bodybuilding side did.

^^^ A good example of this is Nature's Plus - legit bigger brand reputable company - and their T-Male and Ultra T-Male products are extremely good sellers. They haven't recommended cycling off of them in probably 10 years or so.

john10960

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys, especially sns.

To my fault, I didn’t evaluate the site that article was on enough to see that it was promoting other services or products. So yeah, it delegitimizes right off the bat.

I guess the core of my question is: when continuously ingesting potent facilitators of testosterone production, might that negatively
Impact the the body’s natural processes to synthesize T? Dampens/weaken it somewhat so the body becomes ultimately dependent , unable to reach T production levels it achieved before ingesting these substances?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for all the replies guys, especially sns.

To my fault, I didn’t evaluate the site that article was on enough to see that it was promoting other services or products. So yeah, it delegitimizes right off the bat.

I guess the core of my question is: when continuously ingesting potent facilitators of testosterone production, might that negatively Impact the the body’s natural processes to synthesize T? Dampens/weaken it somewhat so the body becomes ultimately dependent , unable to reach T production levels it achieved before ingesting these substances?
No problem at all. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

I tried to be very detailed in my answer responding to your question and thought I'd already answered the part of it that you asked about again in this post. I'm sorry if I went into a little too much detail &/or didn't make my answer clear.

If you're just looking for a simple yes or no answer:
  • No, Optimize-T will not cause shutdown.
  • Yes, Optimize-T can be used continuously as part of an individuals daily use supplement regimen.
When answering a question like this, I'm not answering on all natural testosterone boosters. I'm answering specifically related to Optimize-T and M-Test and the ingredients that are contained in those two products.

In regard to what you wrote:
when continuously ingesting potent facilitators of testosterone production, might that negatively Impact the the body’s natural processes to synthesize T? Dampens/weaken it somewhat so the body becomes ultimately dependent , unable to reach T production levels it achieved before ingesting these substances?

^^^ The process you're explaining there is related to steroids, prohormones, sarm's, and things like that; not natural testosterone boosters. What you're explaining would happen when you take something strong enough to suppress your body's natural levels of testosterone.

Optimize-T and M-Test are not products that work by shutting down or overpowering your body's natural testosterone levels. They work by helping to optimize your body's own natural testosterone levels.

There are a variety of things that people can do to negatively impact their natural testosterone levels. For sake of this example, I'm just going to go with aging. As we get older, our testosterone levels decline; it's just part of the natural aging process.

Things like anabolic steroids, prohormones, or sarm's meant to increase your testosterone levels basically in simple terms do so by overriding or overpowering your body's own levels and cause shutdown.

The role of a product like Optimize-T or M-Test is to help increase your body's natural testosterone levels. They're not designed to overpower your body's own levels, they're designed to help optimize them. Basically to add an increase on top of what's already there.

Let's say that a person's levels are 450 just for example and they decide to take Optimize-T. I'm not going to claim certain numeric increases bc it depends on so many factors (age, diet, exercise, overall health, genetics, etc.) so you could pick any number you wanted to for the example but let's just say with continued use it helps increase it to 650. That's 200 points higher than it was before so the person would generally feel better, have more day to day energy, a higher libido, etc. So, in your scenario of what happens when a person stops - the body's levels would then just return to whatever they would have been without the increase provided by Optimize-T. They wouldn't go lower than that because there is no suppression; they would just go back to where they would be without it.

I hope that makes sense and answers your question. If you have anymore questions, you're welcome to post them or pm me or email them to me. I'm glad to help.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes that makes sense, thank you for taking the time.
No problem at all. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

Anytime you ever have any questions, you're welcome to pm me. And I'll be glad to also give you my direct email. The reason I don't just post it is bc when I did before I got an unbelievable amount of spam bc I think bot software basically scours places like this looking for email addresses haha