Slim Xtreme DISCONTINUED!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmm ya SX was spiked.....

*look we buy these products not for their ingrediants but for their effects right? SX worked. thats all that mattered same ppl saying ahh it was spiked with a designer etc etc are same ppl who use AAS so dont give me that BS like u care what ur puttin in ur body. results matter AX brought the results. i here by salute AX."

u guys had a great run and i love HDX2
Really? You are clearly delusional.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established

*look we buy these products not for their ingrediants but for their effects right? SX worked. thats all that mattered same ppl saying ahh it was spiked with a designer etc etc are same ppl who use AAS so dont give me that BS like u care what ur puttin in ur body. results matter AX brought the results. i here by salute AX."

why was i negged for this its just my opinion WTF

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

why was i negged for this its just my opinion WTF
I care, as well as most intelligent lifters who utilize supplements in a safe manner.

Davesta

Awards
Greetings everyone, first time poster here.

I used SX-- albeit not as much as some posters here who consumed a few bottles --and I liked it. The product did everything it advertised, and then some. I also experienced some of the side effects-- the headaches, teeth clenching, and mild insomnia. Having used stimulants before, and experienced similar side effects, I wasn't overly concerned-- I'm sure many of you share the sentiment.

My problem is this, an investigation has linked the so-called 'mystery stimulant' to an analog that is, POTENTIALLY, illegal and CAN lead to heart toxicity. If these allegations are true, I can understand why AX would not disclose it, EXPLICITLY (PROLINE ANALOG?), might as well include the phone number to the DEA and FDA. But, when you are pushing a product with SERIOUS risks and fail to make the consumer aware of such risks, we are entering a serious grey area.

I'm all for supplements working, who isn't? But let ME weigh at what cost I want to achieve my intended results! So, to say that we complain when a product works as a result of being spiked is wrong because the product delivered the effects we wanted is extremely problematic. Even more problematic because the product is, presumably, used to improve one's health-- that is, lose weight --but it is doing just the opposite to a vital organ.

Cigarettes are great hunger suppressants; thus, great weight lose aids-- but we all know they can cause cancer and as a result, we decide whether or not we choose to incorporate them in our diet. We can weigh the effect and results with the risk.

wolverine1971

Awards
look man honestly if u didnt like what it was doing to you, why not stop after a few days? instead keepin on takin it? im sure ur a nice guy. im just pointing it out
You obviously missed everything here. Where do you see me stating that while I took it I didn't like it and kept on taking it anyways??? You're mistaking me for someone else so your reply makes no sense.

I was losing weight, felt great. Mania is when you feel so high everything seems great. How would someone think that was bad if they were never manic before? There was no way for my wife to recognize I was going manic because I just kept telling people how high I felt all the time and everything seemed great.

It was when I stopped taking it that I had major withdrawal. Amphetamine Psychosis as the doctors called it. So I took it, felt fine but was actually going manic and actual would have needed professional help to needed ween me off this gradually to prevent me from going into psychosis.

You need to understand I got blindsided by this. Let's not be stupid, if I didn't like what something was doing of course I would quit. That's the danger of this supplement - it's when I quit that the real hell started.

When I was in the emergency room they pulled the product up on the internet so they could read the ingredients. Don't you think it's a bit irresponsible that they couldn't really diagnose what was going on because the ingredient was listed as Amino-Slim 4 and not what it really was? That's why they had to keep me under observation for so long. I was in the E.R. for 12 hours.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Dont worry... PCP is quite safe if used properly as well, same with LSD... **** throw in some Strict-9.
low dose strict-9 over the course of a few years can actually build a tolerance to it warranting you a tad bit of safety from it ^.^

You know what I am saying man. Weed, speed, etc something that isnt outright insane.

PCP is Fed up stuff, and LSD seems like a pointless drug. There are many uses for strict-9 though, just not for self/personal. :swordfight:

Davesta

Awards
Wolverine1971,

I read your story a while ago. In fact, I remember coming across your exchange with the AX while I dug up some of the bad side effects that I should expect while on SX. What happened to you is unfortunate, I sympathize.

But the angle that your taking against AX for what happened to you is not going to hold up in court. I can guarantee that. The product disclaimer will be the primary exhibit used against you. Granted, I am assuming that the product you bought has the same disclaimer as the product I bought. I am aware of the suggested dosage change that took place but that can be easily attributed to the tolerance clause. The disclaimer asks that you consult your physician-- in your case, your medical history pretty much warranted that visit. Also, if I am not mistaken, you took a other stimulants, something the product (at least the version I have) warns against.

If anything, you and everyone else stands a chance against AX if it can be proven that they KNOWINGLY included a controlled substance that can lead to potential undisclosed risks. Sorry bud, but its the truth. Lawyers are filthy mofos and a multi million dollar corp is not going to call some advertised on TV dude, these guys protect their ass with Big Law Firms with unlimited resources. If they smell an easy case, they will jump on it without considering settling outside of court. These guys get retainers based on their reputation and that comes with winning cases not with settling outside of court when the case can be so easily destroyed.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have sifted through hundreds of posts and links tried to interpret chemical structures and read countless speculations. I am still extremely confused.

Can someone do me a favor and fill in the blank here...

Slim Xtreme had _________ in it, and we were not aware when we took it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Try it sometime, definitely not pointless.
lol, I will pass. There are limits to what I will ingest.

I have sifted through hundreds of posts and links tried to interpret chemical structures and read countless speculations. I am still extremely confused.

you know, it is still not 100% certain yet. nothing "official" that I seen.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
You obviously missed everything here. Where do you see me stating that while I took it I didn't like it and kept on taking it anyways??? You're mistaking me for someone else so your reply makes no sense.

I was losing weight, felt great. Mania is when you feel so high everything seems great. How would someone think that was bad if they were never manic before? There was no way for my wife to recognize I was going manic because I just kept telling people how high I felt all the time and everything seemed great.

It was when I stopped taking it that I had major withdrawal. Amphetamine Psychosis as the doctors called it. So I took it, felt fine but was actually going manic and actual would have needed professional help to needed ween me off this gradually to prevent me from going into psychosis.

You need to understand I got blindsided by this. Let's not be stupid, if I didn't like what something was doing of course I would quit. That's the danger of this supplement - it's when I quit that the real hell started.

When I was in the emergency room they pulled the product up on the internet so they could read the ingredients. Don't you think it's a bit irresponsible that they couldn't really diagnose what was going on because the ingredient was listed as Amino-Slim 4 and not what it really was? That's why they had to keep me under observation for so long. I was in the E.R. for 12 hours.
Not saying you are or aren't correct but I just hoped on the prozac site. Here are a few things I see immediately:

Serotonin Syndrome or Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)-like Reactions

The development of a potentially life-threatening serotonin syndrome or neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)-like reactions have been reported with SNRIs and SSRIs alone, including PROZAC treatment, but particularly with concomitant use of serotonergic drugs (including triptans) with drugs which impair metabolism of serotonin (including MAOIs), or with antipsychotics or other dopamine antagonists. Serotonin syndrome symptoms may include mental status changes (e.g., agitation, hallucinations, coma), autonomic instability (e.g., tachycardia, labile blood pressure, hyperthermia), neuromuscular aberrations (e.g., hyperreflexia, incoordination) and/or gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., nausea, vomiting, diarrhea). Serotonin syndrome, in its most severe form can resemble neuroleptic malignant syndrome, which includes hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, autonomic instability with possible rapid fluctuation of vital signs, and mental status changes. Patients should be monitored for the emergence of serotonin syndrome or NMS-like signs and symptoms.

The concomitant use of PROZAC with MAOIs intended to treat depression is contraindicated [see CONTRAINDICATIONS and DRUG INTERACTIONS].

If concomitant treatment of PROZAC with a 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor agonist (triptan) is clinically warranted, careful observation of the patient is advised, particularly during treatment initiation and dose increases [see DRUG INTERACTIONS].

The concomitant use of PROZAC with serotonin precursors (such as tryptophan) is not recommended [see DRUG INTERACTIONS].

Treatment with PROZAC and any concomitant serotonergic or antidopaminergic agents, including antipsychotics, should be discontinued immediately if the above reactions occur, and supportive symptomatic treatment should be initiated.

Davesta

Awards

Sorry dude, no one can answer this. It is alleged that Slim Extreme has an ingredient that is similar in structure to a designer stimulant that can possibly be both, a controlled substance and lead to heart toxicity. This allegation was exacerbated by the inexplicable discontinuation of the product along with the company's profile in many of these forums. Unfortunately, at this point, it is merely speculative-- even after the company has denied the claims on several boards.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Wow, just got my first bottle of this in the mail a week ago. Lucky me. Any chance for a credit from NP?

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
(gulp) WOW.
I'm just saying if you are taking an SSRI and they clearly say "watch out for things that are mood enhancing because that can cause serious trouble" then you are a dumbaass for taking a stim with this on the product sheet.

Then understand that as much good as SX does for your body, it’s equally important – maybe more so – what SX does for your mind. SX makes you feel great. We don’t mean physically – although of course it does that too – we mean emotionally, mentally and psychologically. It’s like a huge dose of "feelgood." You’ll simply be in a great mood all day long.
I'm not a rocket scientist but it seems like that's a particularly bad combo.

wolverine1971

Awards
Wolverine1971,

I read your story a while ago. In fact, I remember coming across your exchange with the AX while I dug up some of the bad side effects that I should expect while on SX. What happened to you is unfortunate, I sympathize.

But the angle that your taking against AX for what happened to you is not going to hold up in court. I can guarantee that. The product disclaimer will be the primary exhibit used against you. Granted, I am assuming that the product you bought has the same disclaimer as the product I bought. I am aware of the suggested dosage change that took place but that can be easily attributed to the tolerance clause. The disclaimer asks that you consult your physician-- in your case, your medical history pretty much warranted that visit. Also, if I am not mistaken, you took a other stimulants, something the product (at least the version I have) warns against.

If anything, you and everyone else stands a chance against AX if it can be proven that they KNOWINGLY included a controlled substance that can lead to potential undisclosed risks. Sorry bud, but its the truth. Lawyers are filthy mofos and a multi million dollar corp is not going to call some advertised on TV dude, these guys protect their ass with Big Law Firms with unlimited resources. If they smell an easy case, they will jump on it without considering settling outside of court. These guys get retainers based on their reputation and that comes with winning cases not with settling outside of court when the case can be so easily destroyed.
I guess you don't really understand what my intentions are. I'm not trying to get rich off of this. I'm going to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else - and if they did include a controlled substance that was undisclosed they can get shut down for good for all I care.

I wasn't taking other stimulants unless you are going to call decaffeinated green tea a stimulant.

I have to say your assessment on how lawyers work isn't very accurate. I've won a contingency suit settled out of court against a major real estate corporation that had huge big shot lawyers. In fact the lawyers cost so much it can be much cheaper to just settle it up if the amount sought is low rather than take the risk of going to trial. And yes good lawyers settle out of court all the time because in many cases they give their client the choice and sometimes their client just wants to take a smaller amount of money and get it over with. The risk of going to trial goes on both sides no matter who thinks they have the better case.

Again, it's not about the money. It's about labeling this product appropriately and putting accurate warnings on it so that it can't happen to anyone else. It already happened to me, I can't change the past. But maybe I can help someone else's future.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And any good lawyer would tell you to clam up because stating you are doing it to "stick it to them" isn't the wisest of statements...by a long shot. And any good lawyer probably already has taken the screenshots by now. I would suggest you take your legal concerns to your lawyer and not in public.

wolverine1971

Awards
And any good lawyer would tell you to clam up because stating you are doing it to "stick it to them" isn't the wisest of statements...by a long shot. And any good lawyer probably already has taken the screenshots by now. I would suggest you take your legal concerns to your lawyer and not in public.
I'm not trying to stick it to them. I'm going to make sure this gets labeled properly so no one can get hurt. I think there is a difference there.

If the mystery substance is in fact just some safe amino acids then so be it. I was never planning on doing anything. If it comes back as a harmful substance then there are probably 1000 people that will want to join a class action lawsuit so why would I want to do it myself?

wolverine1971

Awards
I do agree with what you're saying as far as clamming up but I did want to create awareness to what happened. I don't care about a lawsuit. I'll just wait to see what the mystery compound is.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
case and point cosmo, sorry wolve, but you stand a small...small...small chance. let me make sure you understand i'm say small..chance at anything.
The you would have to PROVE they KNEW they were including a controlled substance and KNEW the sides.
Not to mention that clever disclaimer on every single supp bottle (including the bottle of walgreens vitamin C" that says pretty much in so many words "take at your own risk"
You have a lot of intent to prove, and frankly I dont believe you can unless you make this your life vendetta, which who in the end is really winning?

Was what AX did moral? No, weather or not intent was there.
But moral doesn't get you far in an unregulated industry.

wolverine1971

Awards
case and point cosmo, sorry wolve, but you stand a small...small...small chance. let me make sure you understand i'm say small..chance at anything.
The you would have to PROVE they KNEW they were including a controlled substance and KNEW the sides.
Not to mention that clever disclaimer on every single supp bottle (including the bottle of walgreens vitamin C" that says pretty much in so many words "take at your own risk"
You have a lot of intent to prove, and frankly I dont believe you can unless you make this your life vendetta, which who in the end is really winning?

small chance of what?

Hydroxycut had disclaimers on their products and it's not getting them off the hook for damages right now.

I'm not going to waste my time taking something like this to a trial court. I've got better things to do. If it comes back that they included a harmful substance then there will be 1000 people that will want to add their name to a class action lawsuit and there are probably some people out there that need the money that will take the time to get it going. I don't need the money.

I don't need to clam up about anything - it's all been disclosed in a very in depth FDA report 6 weeks ago. I have nothing to hide.

I guess some of you are still under the impression that they just pulled this off on a whim? AX is taking heat that they have not disclosed to anyone.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Sounds bad, definetely do more research when considering any stim product. I read up on sx before this raid and people were talking about how bad it made their anxiety. It turned me off to it.
Am I missing something here? I never spotted sx on the current list that the fda tested. I thought this came from bluelight and a few chemist from bb.com? I do not think the fda released any testing results on SX?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I do research everything before I use it and have used pretty much everything on the bottle prior except for "Amino Slim 4". That's good that you were able to read that prior to taking it but I got it the week it was released to market in mid March.

And how is someone supposed to research "Amino Slim 4"? I've taken those 4 amino acids before without any ill effects. I didn't know it was a chemically engineered concoction and not just 4 aminos separatley thrown in there. What a waste going to all those doctors showing them the ingredients because WTF is Amino Slim 4. Oh yeah, you're waiting on a patent so it's o.k. to screw with peoples health?

Hey Anabolic Xtreme do you want to pay the nearly $1,000 in copays that I racked up with doctors, a marriage counselor, therapy, and psychiatry over the last 4 months??? how about the 2 weeks of work that I missed because I was recovering from be mentally messed up??? And refund me for the 2 bottles of Slim Xtreme that I purchased. What about the humiliation of being taken out of my house by 3 police officers as my children watched???

I suggest you have someone contact me to reimburse me because I am going to go all in on this one if I'm not. And by "all in" I mean I will find the best personal injury lawyer in the country if I have to and pursue this to the end. I'm not asking for much here. I shouldn't have to take the loss for all those stupid copay's and missing work, and wasting my time with doctors trying to figure out what chemical I took that f-ed me up when we couldn't because you guys are waiting on a patent.

And just in case anyone here thinks I'm just coming out with this out of the blue you can read about the whole experience when I posted it in the AX Forum here back in May. Oh wait, they took it down for some reason...

Feel free to have your lawyer PM me.
This is something that would probably be better discussed in private or personal contact. Probably not in a public thread.

Davesta

Awards
I do research everything before I use it and have used pretty much everything on the bottle prior except for "Amino Slim 4". That's good that you were able to read that prior to taking it but I got it the week it was released to market in mid March.

And how is someone supposed to research "Amino Slim 4"? I've taken those 4 amino acids before without any ill effects. I didn't know it was a chemically engineered concoction and not just 4 aminos separatley thrown in there. What a waste going to all those doctors showing them the ingredients because WTF is Amino Slim 4. Oh yeah, you're waiting on a patent so it's o.k. to screw with peoples health?

Hey Anabolic Xtreme do you want to pay the nearly $1,000 in copays that I racked up with doctors, a marriage counselor, therapy, and psychiatry over the last 4 months??? how about the 2 weeks of work that I missed because I was recovering from be mentally messed up??? And refund me for the 2 bottles of Slim Xtreme that I purchased. What about the humiliation of being taken out of my house by 3 police officers as my children watched???

I suggest you have someone contact me to reimburse me because I am going to go all in on this one if I'm not. And by "all in" I mean I will find the best personal injury lawyer in the country if I have to and pursue this to the end. I'm not asking for much here. I shouldn't have to take the loss for all those stupid copay's and missing work, and wasting my time with doctors trying to figure out what chemical I took that f-ed me up when we couldn't because you guys are waiting on a patent.

And just in case anyone here thinks I'm just coming out with this out of the blue you can read about the whole experience when I posted it in the AX Forum here back in May. Oh wait, they took it down for some reason...

Feel free to have your lawyer PM me.
I formed my advice and assessment of your situation based on this post. I apologize if I misinterpreted what you were inferring when you demanded repayment for your copay, medical, and therapeutical costs. Unless I'm missing something, your NEW demand for labeling is not evident in what you said. Sorry, either stick to your point or stop telling people that they can't understand you because you keep changing what you said.

Either way, I could care less what you do. I have no interest in debating with you how lawyers work because unless you are a lawyer, law student, paralegal (to some extent), or judge; basing your understanding on how an attorney works solely on a particular settlement that doesn't fully resemble the allegations you made above is really faulty. There are many things that go into a decision to settle, that I grant you, but to assume your case would bring about that resolution is banking on too much.

Trust me, I'm pissed at the situation with SX. The chain of events and the way AX has handled the situation is bothering me just as much as it is bothering everyone else who used the product and recommended it to family and friends. But at the same time, I'm reserving judgment and subsequent action until I find out what is going on-- and whatever I do, I won't be posting it online.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not trying to stick it to them. I'm going to make sure this gets labeled properly so no one can get hurt. I think there is a difference there.

If the mystery substance is in fact just some safe amino acids then so be it. I was never planning on doing anything. If it comes back as a harmful substance then there are probably 1000 people that will want to join a class action lawsuit so why would I want to do it myself?
this is america, wait about 2-3 days and google slimx. i bet a whole page will turn up on class action suits. save your bottle.

wolverine1971

Awards
I formed my advice and assessment of your situation based on this post. I apologize if I misinterpreted what you were inferring when you demanded repayment for your copay, medical, and therapeutical costs. Unless I'm missing something, your NEW demand for labeling is not evident in what you said. Sorry, either stick to your point or stop telling people that they can't understand you because you keep changing what you said.

Either way, I could care less what you do. I have no interest in debating with you how lawyers work because unless you are a lawyer, law student, paralegal (to some extent), or judge; basing your understanding on how an attorney works solely on a particular settlement that doesn't fully resemble the allegations you made above is really faulty. There are many things that go into a decision to settle, that I grant you, but to assume your case would bring about that resolution is banking on too much.

Trust me, I'm pissed at the situation with SX. The chain of events and the way AX has handled the situation is bothering me just as much as it is bothering everyone else who used the product and recommended it to family and friends. But at the same time, I'm reserving judgment and subsequent action until I find out what is going on-- and whatever I do, I won't be posting it online.
Actually the labeling isn't a new demand. There was a disclosure by someone I won't mention and the details back in May. I can't and won't give the details on that though for confidentiality reasons. It could be another nail in their coffin but I don't want to get that person involved.

As far as getting paid for medical expenses- I was going on an angry rant because this whole thing brought up a lot of bad memories. It's a loss and sucks.

I let this whole thing go and chalked it up to a bad experience and took responsibility myself until this week when I read about the possibility that one of the ingredients is harmful. If that's true there will be plenty of people that will take care of this. I won't have to do anything.

wolverine1971

Awards
This is something that would probably be better discussed in private or personal contact. Probably not in a public thread.
YES - it was just an angry rant. But I wanted people to know what I went through and possibly create awareness that there is more to this than meets the label. I guess we'll see.

I just want to know what it is - and why it effected me the way it did.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
small chance of what?

Hydroxycut had disclaimers on their products and it's not getting them off the hook for damages right now.

I'm not going to waste my time taking something like this to a trial court. I've got better things to do. If it comes back that they included a harmful substance then there will be 1000 people that will want to add their name to a class action lawsuit and there are probably some people out there that need the money that will take the time to get it going. I don't need the money.

I don't need to clam up about anything - it's all been disclosed in a very in depth FDA report 6 weeks ago. I have nothing to hide.

I guess some of you are still under the impression that they just pulled this off on a whim? AX is taking heat that they have not disclosed to anyone.
You have every right to pursue this. As far as liability is concerned, you used the product as intended, and it hurt you. They have general liability insurance for such things, but I would assume the policy would likely exclude this incident if the product meets the definition of a pharmaceutical compound. That is a specific and large risk, that requires a specific policy beyond the scope of a general liability policy.

The broad warnings on labels aren't blanket protection for the product, especially something you ingest. The warning label clearly indicates that the purpose is to say that you should be consulting a physician before ingesting any product. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen even for a reasonably prudent person. How many of you have actually consulted a physician before taking a supplement or stacking two together? And even if you did for this product, the physician isn't going to be able to tell you anything about it based on name on the label and without knowing the exact amount per dose. And even if they did, and the chemical is what it is purported to be, there appears to be zero literature on the purported novel compound. So that label doesn't amount to anything in my opinion.

The product in question is sold as a food supplement when clearly it may be a novel pharmaceutical compound. And I doubt that this is a "mystery" compound to the manufacturer as they claim to be pursuing a patent. Odds are, they know what this is and blatanty hid it on the label. I doubt there has even been any paperwork filed for a patent and if there is, and the compound is pharmaceutical, then whoever filed it is a serious bonehead.

In this case, there is a history of marketing designer steroids with known hepatoxicity (and it appears documented that said company claimed it to be mild or nonexistant compared to similar compounds). Would it be a stretch to believe the same to be done with a designer stimulant? Also, it seems most of the companies on these boards have no problem touting the testing, purity, and efficacy of their products either directly themselves or through the back door via unpaid reps. So their foot is in their mouths if they claim they didn't realize it was there in the first place.

This will be very bad for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the silence continues indefinitely directly and even to their own online reps.

The FDA cannot be blamed for this. The fact that it has taken this long for this to happen just shows its inefficiency. And the fact that this has happened shows the industry is incapable of regulating itself. There is no excuse for designer drugs and steroids to be sold as supplements. This itself proves that the industry warrants regulation as it now (or was) operating. Apart from being unsafe, it is screwing the honest supplement companies over and will put more restrictions, scrutiny, and fear of their research, sale, and innovation of legitimate nutritional supplements in the future.

Now we are all going to reap what these dishonest companies have sowed.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
You have every right to pursue this. As far as liability is concerned, you used the product as intended, and it hurt you. They have general liability insurance for such things, but I would assume the policy would likely exclude this incident if the product meets the definition of a pharmaceutical compound. That is a specific and large risk, that requires a specific policy beyond the scope of a general liability policy.

The broad warnings on labels aren't blanket protection for the product, especially something you ingest. The warning label clearly indicates that the purpose is to say that you should be consulting a physician before ingesting any product. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen even for a reasonably prudent person. How many of you have actually consulted a physician before taking a supplement or stacking two together? And even if you did for this product, the physician isn't going to be able to tell you anything about it based on name on the label and without knowing the exact amount per dose. And even if they did, and the chemical is what it is purported to be, there appears to be zero literature on the purported novel compound. So that label doesn't amount to anything in my opinion.

The product in question is sold as a food supplement when clearly it may be a novel pharmaceutical compound. And I doubt that this is a "mystery" compound to the manufacturer as they claim to be pursuing a patent. Odds are, they know what this is and blatanty hid it on the label. I doubt there has even been any paperwork filed for a patent and if there is, and the compound is pharmaceutical, then whoever filed it is a serious bonehead.

In this case, there is a history of marketing designer steroids with known hepatoxicity (and it appears documented that said company claimed it to be mild or nonexistant compared to similar compounds). Would it be a stretch to believe the same to be done with a designer stimulant? Also, it seems most of the companies on these boards have no problem touting the testing, purity, and efficacy of their products either directly themselves or through the back door via unpaid reps. So their foot is in their mouths if they claim they didn't realize it was there in the first place.

This will be very bad for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the silence continues indefinitely directly and even to their own online reps.

The FDA cannot be blamed for this. The fact that it has taken this long for this to happen just shows its inefficiency. And the fact that this has happened shows the industry is incapable of regulating itself. There is no excuse for designer drugs and steroids to be sold as supplements. This itself proves that the industry warrants regulation as it now (or was) operating. Apart from being unsafe, it is screwing the honest supplement companies over and will put more restrictions, scrutiny, and fear of their research, sale, and innovation of legitimate nutritional supplements in the future.

Now we are all going to reap what these dishonest companies have sowed.
Well put. You cannot get 50% of the people around the country to believe what you just typed, but it is very accurate, indeed.

elivvt

Awards

Quotes from blue light in regards to the testing of Slim Xtreme:

"Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Well in a surprising show of ethics they do list the ingredients including

"Proline Analog [Phenyl-pyrrolidinyltoluene]"

which I think can safely be assumed to be 2-[1-phenyl-1-(4-methylphenyl)]pyrrolidine which would indeed be a novel analogue (or at least I've never heard of it before)

vecktor:
no the mass spectrum presented is wrong for that,the 4-methyldiphenylmethane fragment would be 14 AMU heavier, it is 2-(1,1,-diphenylmethyl )-Pyrrollidine with a bit of deliberate misnaming on behalf of the vendor."

"I was thinking DPMP (i.e. 2-diphenylmethylpiperidine) as soon as reading the symptoms you described, so the slightly more obscure diphenylmethylpyrrolidine makes perfect sense. We never tested this one but it is certainly available, just figured it would be like DPMP but not so good, sounds like the duration may be a bit shorter though which would be a plus.

DPMP doesn't spoil your appetite that much usually so there is probably something else in there producing the anorectic effect, or DPMPy is a stronger anorectic, or bodybuilders expecting anorectic effects feel the effects they expect...who knows.

Also while it may not be the case this time, designer analogues of modafinil are something I've been expecting to turn up for some time..."

"So the GC indicates something with a higher melting point/boiling point than caffeine, assuming it's caffeine anhydrous whose MP is 228°C. The retention time is about 7% greater than caffeine, so if you're scaling linearly (not really great science) that puts our compound at around 245°C for the melting point, which is slightly lower than that of the hydrochloric salt of desoxypipradrol (2-(diphenylmethyl)piperidine; ~250°C). So mostly guessing here from the trace vecktor is correct and the compound is 2-(diphenylmethyl)pyrollidine, and from the AUC it's in comparatively larger amounts to caffeine. I'm guessing it's not nearly as potent as desoxypipradrol."

"diphenylmethyl pyrrolidine is the pyrrolidine analog of desoxypiradrol. and if it is anything like desoxypipradrol it is a very long lasting stimulant.

it is used industrially for resolving chiral things, CAS 119237-64-8 it has other names such as diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methane

the related diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol has been associated with cardiovascular toxicity, it differs by an OH group"

"^ the substance was identified from a posted Mass spectrum. that mass spectrum shows the molecule contains the diphenyl methyl group also known as the benzhydryl group there is no doubt about that. diagnostic ions are M/z 70 for substituted pyrroles C4H8N+ and 165 for diphenyl methane C13H9+

So if the mass spectrum posted here was obtained from GC-MS of a genuine sample, then Slim xtreme contains either 2-(diphenylmethyl) pyrrolidine or 3-diphenylmethyl pyrollidine.

case closed. no further debate required."

So from the information that I have gathered on the proline analog (phenyl-pyrrolidinyltoluene) it is not the Diphenylprolinol (D2PM), aka diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol which is cardiotoxic unlike the other chemical analogs.

ottonis

Awards
So from the information that I have gathered on the proline analog (phenyl-pyrrolidinyltoluene) it is not the Diphenylprolinol (D2PM), aka diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol which is cardiotoxic unlike the other chemical analogs.
not diphenylprolinol, but diphenylmethylpyrrolidine. that one is only one OH group away from D2MP and there is no f****g way to state it is NOT cardioxic. If D2MP is cardiotoxic, then the other one most probably will be as well.

wolverine1971

Awards
This will be my last comment on this matter (until more viable information is released, either by AX or another special interest group ;)): I understand the situation, and I know the person you speak of. All I will say is that there's was a vested interest for that individual, so please take what he said with a grain of salt.

I remember reading that thread back in May and thought that AX wasn't taking it seriously. I spoke to someone about it, and they said that you were more than likely a competitor trying to suppress their sales. Man that turned out to be an erroneous statement!

In my own usage (Slim Xtreme), I used it three times and developed a nasty migraine each time that had to be treated with my prescription Maxalt. Each dose was several weeks apart, with the last one 2 months after the initial purchase. The feeling of wanting to grind my teeth, the migraine, and the odd numbness that ensued throughout my body was enough to make me give the bottle to a stimulant junkie *cough-Mmory-cough*. I did, however, put the other two bottles that are unopened away. One bottle went out yesterday to a company that will break it down as much as they can. It's on my own dime; however, I want his take on the situation. For several days after my dose, I felt as if I had a low-grade temperature and flu-like symptoms. When I raised these concerns, this is the comment that I got back: "That sucks! Too bad you don't like it. You should try SX Lite." :think:
Yeah, so I understand the situation that you're in, Wolverine.

It will take some time for test results to come back, from my end, and I am sure the same can be said for AX (if they are indeed testing it). I am going to sit back and watch it closely, but refrain from any more rhetoric.
Thanks Iron Lungz and to anyone else that showed support. I'll be signing off too as my work here is done.

For those that thought I should clam up that is exactly what AX wanted me to do RATHER THAN create keyword searchable content that will show up on Google Page 1 search results. These forums show up high on Google Rankings and the thousands of people that have never visted forums will now be treated to Page 1 search results when looking for things like Slim Xtreme, psychosis, side effects, lawsuit - ETC ETC ETC

now maybe you get it - some of you did the work for me by adding key phrases unknowingly in your own responses. Thank you.

Game over..........................................

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Iron Lungz and to anyone else that showed support. I'll be signing off too as my work here is done.

For those that thought I should clam up that is exactly what AX wanted me to do RATHER THAN create keyword searchable content that will show up on Google Page 1 search results. These forums show up high on Google Rankings and the thousands of people that have never visted forums will now be treated to Page 1 search results when looking for things like Slim Xtreme, psychosis, side effects, lawsuit - ETC ETC ETC

now maybe you get it - some of you did the work for me by adding key phrases unknowingly in your own responses. Thank you.

Game over..........................................
People told you to clam up pertaining to your legal matters. Nobody told you to clam up about what happened to you. Showing up on Google in the first page happens by default with this site. It would have happened regardless. The story was raging before you came to this thread.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Do us all a favor. When you type up something to post on here, reread your whole post and then delete it.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established

his lawyers will also have to prove conclusively (not just conjecture) that SX caused the "mania" and "psychosis", instead of a simple evolution of a pre-existing psych condition. A good expert witness for the defense will easily note that you cannot prove the first manic episode was due to the product. the claimant could have been hypomanic or cyclothymic for years and the natural evolution of the disease would be that mania could come at anytime. there is just no case here.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. Though at any given time they can hold a company to the DSHEA, and then I am 99.9% positive there will be charges against AX.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I have a 3 cap sample pack and was just wondering what i could fetch
on any corner in Detroit for it :afro:

But on a serious note, this and the whole FDA raid on BB has really opened my eyes.
I use to think how could a company possibly sell anything that is "tampered" and
get away with it. But, now i know.. I'm definitely going to be sticking to specific
companies that i trust for future products.

To be honest, i thought supp. companies made their own products as in each ingredient.
I didn't know they just bought raws from china and what not then slapped them together
inside the USA. This stuff is pretty disheartening to say the least, i love bodybuilding. I don't go out and buy cd's of bands i like to support them, I dont go out and buy jerseys of players i like to support them, but when i bought supplements i bought them to support a company or Bodybuilder sponsored by that company that i believed in.

Hopefully NP can broaden they're platinum series to a larger array of bulk supplements.

wolverine1971

Awards
People told you to clam up pertaining to your legal matters. Nobody told you to clam up about what happened to you. Showing up on Google in the first page happens by default with this site. It would have happened regardless. The story was raging before you came to this thread.
and by "people" you are actually referring to yourself so I'll explain it to you.

You don't know how Google ranking work do you? It doesn't show up by default, it shows up because the site has high authority which puts it on page 1. So if someone were to jump in a "story that was raging before I came" they could add additional keywords making it rich with phrases that will up on searches for MORE KEYWORDS.

you don't know what that means do you? I'll tell you. Your response has the keyword "legal matters" - if someone were to type in I 'legal matters with slim xtreme' now they will find this on page 1. understand now?

wolverine1971

Awards
his lawyers will also have to prove conclusively (not just conjecture) that SX caused the "mania" and "psychosis", instead of a simple evolution of a pre-existing psych condition. A good expert witness for the defense will easily note that you cannot prove the first manic episode was due to the product. the claimant could have been hypomanic or cyclothymic for years and the natural evolution of the disease would be that mania could come at anytime. there is just no case here.

My existing medical records and in psych evaluation from my military career in the USMC will conclusively prove otherwise. The multiple doctors that have looked at this show it was "drug induced" and there is no disease. If it is shown that this compound is in fact what the tests are claiming then the link to psychosis and mania will be clear. The burden will be on the company and not myself.

"a good expert witness" won't do them any good against the multiple "good expert witnesses" and 38 year history - along with the complaints that the FDA has had that this has happened to multiple people.

It can be conclusively proven that there is actually nothing wrong with me and that it was drug induced which is why I was allowed to leave the hospital rather than taken to a mental health facility for furthur evaluation. I was under observation at the E.R. for 12 hours before they let me leave. They couldn't legally let me leave until doctors and a psychiatrist signed off on the diganosis. There is a lot more to this than anyone actually knows.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and by "people" you are actually referring to yourself so I'll explain it to you.

You don't know how Google ranking work do you? It doesn't show up by default, it shows up because the site has high authority which puts it on page 1. So if someone were to jump in a "story that was raging before I came" they could add additional keywords making it rich with phrases that will up on searches for MORE KEYWORDS.

you don't know what that means do you? I'll tell you. Your response has the keyword "legal matters" - if someone were to type in I 'legal matters with slim xtreme' now they will find this on page 1. understand now?
Actually yes I do since my partner has owned an SEO firm since 1999. If you type slim xtreme legal matter bb.com then Anabolic Xtreme come up first depending on what datacenter you are hitting. Not everyone see's the same results especially if you are actually logged into a Google account. It bases search rankings on your own patterns. Now if you want this thread to show up for those terms I can certainly make that happen pretty quickly but just because content is posted on page 4 of a thread doesn't mean its going to show up. I don't tihnk you understand how Google ranks and indexed pages.

If I bolded it and repeated 100x it would have shown up...in 1999. They are a bit smarter than that these days.

If I didn't understand Google, this site would have died a long time ago.

wolverine1971

Awards
Actually yes I do since my partner has owned an SEO firm since 1999. If you type slim xtreme legal matter bb.com then Anabolic Xtreme come up first depending on what datacenter you are hitting. Not everyone see's the same results especially if you are actually logged into a Google account. It bases search rankings on your own patterns. Now if you want this thread to show up for those terms I can certainly make that happen pretty quickly but just because content is posted on page 4 of a thread doesn't mean its going to show up. I don't tihnk you understand how Google ranks and indexed pages.

If I bolded it and repeated 100x it would have shown up...in 1999. They are a bit smarter than that these days.
You're right - I don't understand how it all works which is why there are multiple efforts to get this info on several boards (I'll admit the Google algorithms are far too complicated for me to understand completely but as an owner of 5 websites that are SEO configured I know enough). The information here is already going viral with my own posts being copied (not even by me) to BB.com and other forums so the searches will show up eventually, somewhere, somehow - not for everyone but enough to help guide people to somewhere that might help them.

sorry if I assumed you didn't know anything about this - but I do know enough to get the job done.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, i was expecting somthing a bit more stern coming from you when he questioned your ability to understand search functions... You must be getting soft in your old age :p

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

If I didn't understand Google, this site would have died a long time ago.
BING... and decide! :D