Slim Xtreme DISCONTINUED!

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
This whole patent excuse seems irresponsible to me no matter how you guys try to spin this. When I was in the Emergency Room and doctors were trying to figure out why the hell I was having psychosis they went online to pull the ingredient list for SX. Propriety blend Amino Slim 4? That didn't help them much in trying to figure out what was f-ing up my brain.

In fact now I'm pretty pissed that this is how it's being handled. I should talk to a lawyer about this because this shouldn't go back on market unless they put some warning labels on it stating that people on SSRI's long term could be susceptible to psychotic changes in their brain when they try to stop using it. And that kind of warning is probably going to draw some red flags from the FDA.

Just so everyone knows - it wasn't until about week 5 that I started going manic, which meant I just felt really great and up but not in a good way, I didn't know I was manic but everyone around me saw a major change in my demeanor. It was when I stopped taking Slim X that I had complete withdrawal and went into psychosis. It scared the hell out of my wife and kids, I was taken away by the police, went to the emergency room. It took 3 days to completly come out of the trip I was on. It's taken me 4 months to mentally recover 100% and I wonder if there was any permanent damage?

Good luck getting this back on market guys...

Sounds bad, definetely do more research when considering any stim product. I read up on sx before this raid and people were talking about how bad it made their anxiety. It turned me off to it.

wolverine1971

Awards
Sounds bad, definetely do more research when considering any stim product. I read up on sx before this raid and people were talking about how bad it made their anxiety. It turned me off to it.
I do research everything before I use it and have used pretty much everything on the bottle prior except for "Amino Slim 4". That's good that you were able to read that prior to taking it but I got it the week it was released to market in mid March.

And how is someone supposed to research "Amino Slim 4"? I've taken those 4 amino acids before without any ill effects. I didn't know it was a chemically engineered concoction and not just 4 aminos separatley thrown in there. What a waste going to all those doctors showing them the ingredients because WTF is Amino Slim 4. Oh yeah, you're waiting on a patent so it's o.k. to screw with peoples health?

Hey Anabolic Xtreme do you want to pay the nearly $1,000 in copays that I racked up with doctors, a marriage counselor, therapy, and psychiatry over the last 4 months??? how about the 2 weeks of work that I missed because I was recovering from be mentally messed up??? And refund me for the 2 bottles of Slim Xtreme that I purchased. What about the humiliation of being taken out of my house by 3 police officers as my children watched???

I suggest you have someone contact me to reimburse me because I am going to go all in on this one if I'm not. And by "all in" I mean I will find the best personal injury lawyer in the country if I have to and pursue this to the end. I'm not asking for much here. I shouldn't have to take the loss for all those stupid copay's and missing work, and wasting my time with doctors trying to figure out what chemical I took that f-ed me up when we couldn't because you guys are waiting on a patent.

And just in case anyone here thinks I'm just coming out with this out of the blue you can read about the whole experience when I posted it in the AX Forum here back in May. Oh wait, they took it down for some reason...

Feel free to have your lawyer PM me.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Dont throw away SX bottles...I will take that!

So question...if you guys continue with the patent and clear things up, can we see SX back?

Honestly it is my favorite supplement for hard days. Only side effect I suffer from is I drink 12 bottles of water and pee like a none stop water fountain. But that is just my rule for stims(when using a stim I breath water pretty much).

Honestly nothing will compare to it, and I never lost effectiveness because I used it spread out and at the lowest dose for effects.

Tis a shame if it goes away. Regardless of whats in it.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Damn It! I'm pissed...I should have not waited to order SX, especially since I'll be working 7 days 12 hour shifts soon.

ottonis

Awards
I do research everything before I use it and have used pretty much everything on the bottle prior except for "Amino Slim 4". That's good that you were able to read that prior to taking it but I got it the week it was released to market in mid March.

And how is someone supposed to research "Amino Slim 4"? I've taken those 4 amino acids before without any ill effects. I didn't know it was a chemically engineered concoction and not just 4 aminos separatley thrown in there. What a waste going to all those doctors showing them the ingredients because WTF is Amino Slim 4. Oh yeah, you're waiting on a patent so it's o.k. to screw with peoples health?

Hey Anabolic Xtreme do you want to pay the nearly $1,000 in copays that I racked up with doctors, a marriage counselor, therapy, and psychiatry over the last 4 months??? how about the 2 weeks of work that I missed because I was recovering from be mentally messed up??? And refund me for the 2 bottles of Slim Xtreme that I purchased. What about the humiliation of being taken out of my house by 3 police officers as my children watched???

I suggest you have someone contact me to reimburse me because I am going to go all in on this one if I'm not. And by "all in" I mean I will find the best personal injury lawyer in the country if I have to and pursue this to the end. I'm not asking for much here. I shouldn't have to take the loss for all those stupid copay's and missing work, and wasting my time with doctors trying to figure out what chemical I took that f-ed me up when we couldn't because you guys are waiting on a patent.

And just in case anyone here thinks I'm just coming out with this out of the blue you can read about the whole experience when I posted it in the AX Forum here back in May. Oh wait, they took it down for some reason...

There is one thing many people are not aware of: companies like this one usually do not have chemists, physicians or pharmacists on their payroll and they have an entirely different process of thinking than consumers have.

It's marketing- and businessmen closely co-operating with specialized lawyers.

The process of thought is as follows in such companies:

"How can we earn money - as much as possible and as fast as possible?"

Once you understand that this is not only the main but the only driving factor, it's not hard to imagine how product development looks like:

#1 there is a great market for fat-loss products and appetite suppressants. Let's take a substance that works better than anything else in the market.

#2 Calling a known formulator and asking what the strongest and best appetite suppressant compound is that is not known to 99% of people and that no other supplement company uses, that is cheap, that is not explicitely scheduled and that will not immediately kill people

#3 Calling lawyer and asking about legal loopholes and the potential level of law violation by using such a substance and the probability to get prosecuted for selling it. Further asking on what to do in order to prevent potential future lawsuits as best as possible.

#4 phone conference with lawyer, formulator and marketing expert and discussing how to word the product claims and product labels in order to maximally cloud/hide the real ingredient but still get least possible legal consequences.

#5 finished product. sells like hot cakes. negative reports are being either suppressed or talked down by specially trained company representatives.

#6 company makes money. mission accomplished.

That's how it works most of the time. The consumers and their health are entirely irrelevant in that game.

You expect to get refunded or to win a potential lawsuit? good luck with that. As I have said, these people are experts for loopholes and they know exactely what to put on the product label, how to word and spell it in order to be maximally sure to not get sued or even convicted.

When you take a closer look on the product label you will find that they say that people should not take any other drugs or stims and that people should not use the product if they have any other medical condition (paraphrased).
In your specific case, their lawyers will make make mincemeat of you in court, citing from your medical records that you have been a long time SSRI-user etc. believe me, you'll have no chance to achieve anything because this is their playground and the field of their true expertise: to navigate perfectly safe between loopholes, avoiding 99.9999% of any potential legal risks.

You are screwed.

ottonis

Awards
@wolverine

I forgot one thing. such companies are run by true business experts. sharks. Of course they have a "plan B". In case that a really bad class action suit is rolling they will quickly file bankruptcy and escape any fincancial liability, regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit.

Such companies usually possess a huge net of interrelated shell companies and other entities between which they can easily and quickly transfer goods and properties. You could call such people at 02:30 AM in the night and threaten a lawsuit and by 06:00 AM of the same day they would have already filed bankruptcy and laugh in your face.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
@wolverine

I forgot one thing. such companies are run by true business experts. sharks. Of course they have a "plan B". In case that a really bad class action suit is rolling they will quickly file bankruptcy and escape any fincancial liability, regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit.

Such companies usually possess a huge net of interrelated shell companies and other entities between which they can easily and quickly transfer goods and properties. You could call such people at 02:30 AM in the night and threaten a lawsuit and by 06:00 AM of the same day they would have already filed bankruptcy and laugh in your face.
One issue with that...they can only file bankruptcy ones every 7 years I think...so its not as simple as you make it.

ottonis

Awards
One issue with that...they can only file bankruptcy ones every 7 years I think...so its not as simple as you make it.
no biggie. just re-open your business with you wife or with a friend as "official" company owner.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
no biggie. just re-open your business with you wife or with a friend as "official" company owner.
Doesnt work. That can very easily be brought into court, and he now has the means to deal with the lawsuit, via his wifes company....

ottonis

Awards
so what can I take instead?? I LOVED SX

make a checklist and then decide:

- known substance?
- known risk profile?
- anecdotal reports of severe adverse reactions?
- history of company?
- have you used the substance before and didn't have bad side effects from it?

Generally: the more outrageous the product claim and the more extreme the anecdotal feedback, the louder should your alarm bells ring.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
make a checklist and then decide:

- known substance?
- known risk profile?
- anecdotal reports of severe adverse reactions?
- history of company?
- have you used the substance before and didn't have bad side effects from it?

Generally: the more outrageous the product claim and the more extreme the anecdotal feedback, the louder should your alarm bells ring.
Hell if speed was legal again, I would have a stash...

Many things, properly used, are quite safe in control. Its just hte stupidity of the masses...

oregonsteps

oregonsteps

Awards
I used it, loved it and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I felt fabulous. Now I'm wondering what can replace that "feeling" and keep me on the results? I do NOT like the VPX Meltdown, makes me feel sick to my stomach. Just want the energy and appetite supressent of SX along with its lack of jitters. . . Any suggestions??

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
d@mn!!!

i've been on sx for about 6 weeks now and feel fine. i've been taking one per day. i'll say that again: 1 per day. coincidence?

since my wife is a nursing student, i know my bp is good; but i'm gonna go have bloodwork done to be safe. if everythig checks out, i'm gonna finish my second bottle @ 1 per day.

oregonsteps

oregonsteps

Awards
anyone know about methyl ice by redefine???

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's where you brought this issue up in May of this year: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-xtreme/126150-slim-xtreme-review.html#post1975147

I can see that it was clearly pushed away, and placed on you. Damn.

EDIT: It's also funny to note how your concerns/problems were ignored and they basically promoted SX-Lite.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
yikes........................................

wolverine1971

Awards
@wolverine

You seem to be taking a lot of time to try to discourage me from doing this. Guess what, I have nothing to lose. You give way to much credit to their lawyers as if they can work magic even in the event that the company is doing something illegal. Big pharma companies with billions of dollars lose lawsuits all the time for this kind of crap. In fact if you check out most personal injury lawyer sites they are already going after Hyrdroxycut settlements. I don't need to win a big settlement. I don't need to win anything aside be a thorn in their side for doing this. They won't be the ones laughing in my face, I can gurantee you that.

And you also don't seem to know how lawyers work - they will look at the total costs and risks of possibly losing the case, or even winning the case and compare to what the opposing lawyer is looking for a settlement. They won't want to take something like this to court because their is a risk of losing hundreds of thousands of dollars - who will a judge and jury side with? A company called "Anabolic Xtreme" that has a history of selling designer steroids? They will spend a hell of a lot more on legal fees than a simple 5K or 10K settlement. And I'll even pick up a lawyer that will do it on contingency, they can have the 33%. As I said, I have nothing lose, I don't need to get rich off this. All I want is justice done. If you were trying to discourage me with your ill conceived info on how the law system works you just motivated me by 1000% to move forward. Thanks for trying, not gonna work.

wolverine1971

Awards
Gunslinger -

Thanks or posting that from the AX forum that was taken down. It's still accessible so if anyone wants to see click on that link and read.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I feel left out. :cussing:
lol, if I owned a supplement company, I would try to recruit all of you guys.

AX can't be responsible for everyone's reaction to SX. Everyone is different.

During my run with my 1st bottle of SX, I developed WICKED anxiety and sporadic rapid heart beat. I have small anxiety issues, but this was insane. I was thinking some crazy ####. It was caused by SX. I stopped SX, went through some withdrawal. I then slowly worked back into SX, and began to cycle my dosages. Those lessons I brought to mind when I had recently went through my 2nd bottle. I had no issues. Some minor anxiety at times, but I countered that with pheni, and Rodi

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol, if I owned a supplement company, I would try to recruit all of you guys.

AX can't be responsible for everyone's reaction to SX. Everyone is different.

During my run with my 1st bottle of SX, I developed WICKED anxiety and sporadic rapid heart beat. I have small anxiety issues, but this was insane. I was thinking some crazy ####. It was caused by SX. I stopped SX, went through some withdrawal. I then slowly worked back into SX, and began to cycle my dosages. Those lessons I brought to mind when I had recently went through my 2nd bottle.
Wait, why would you begin to take it again if it caused you problems with the first run (as well as withdrawal - which indicates something isn't right)?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait, why would you begin to take it again if it caused you problems with the first run (as well as withdrawal - which indicates something isn't right)?
Said what I was thinking.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I was dosing two caps seven days a week. After stopping, I started back with two caps 5 days a week for the remainder of the bottle (two weeks).

When I picked my 2nd bottle, I dosed it 5 days on - two days off. I found two caps to be a little to much from the newer bottle, so I dropped to one cap 5on-2off.

I love SX, and when the lite version comes out, I'm gonna get a bottle for my wife to try.

jim623

Guys, just to let you know, I have a very large project starting up at work that will take most of my attention. I will check in from time to time to address any issues if I am capable. You have my word that if anything new developes, I will be here to let you know.

Thank you all for your patience.
Jim

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guys, just to let you know, I have a very large project starting up at work that will take most of my attention. I will check in from time to time to address any issues if I am capable. You have my word that if anything new developes, I will be here to let you know.

Thank you all for your patience.
Jim
Shredding documents?

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
by the same token, why would somebody with a psychiatric history on psych meds take this, not under the guidance of their psychiatrist? then when they do and get psych side effects, get angry and sue?
neither makes sense.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Speed, quite safe if used properly?

Jesus H Christ Zero, if you had ever had dealings with that stuff you would give yourself an uppercut for such a retarded statement
Ditto. And he wonders why I give him so much sh*t around here.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speed, quite safe if used properly?

Jesus H Christ Zero, if you had ever had dealings with that stuff you would give yourself an uppercut for such a retarded statement
Dont worry... PCP is quite safe if used properly as well, same with LSD... **** throw in some Strict-9.

wolverine1971

Awards
by the same token, why would somebody with a psychiatric history on psych meds take this, not under the guidance of their psychiatrist? then when they do and get psych side effects, get angry and sue?
neither makes sense.
You are confusing the posts of two different people here. I never took it a second time through - I had psych side effects, went to the hospital, and my wife threw it out. Never took it again.

And you need to know that psychiatric drugs are also just plain and simple prozac, celexa, lexapro that are used for mild depression and anxiety (these are even prescribed by general practitioners, you don't need to see a psychiatrist for them). I wasn't taking an SSRI because I was someone with a "psychiatric history" - that now qualifies as about 30% of Americans that have used or are currently using SSRI's now. So with such a huge percentage of people using basic SSRI's - and you think that someone should use this under the supervision of a psychiatrist then you just validated that it is mislabeled because there is no indication that this will cause ill psychiatric effects over all the other stuff out there. The reps said it was "safe and natural" so why would anyone need to consult their doctor?

And if it needs a warning for people on psychiatric meds - red flag, this will be classified as a drug.

wolverine1971

Awards
Here's where you brought this issue up in May of this year:

I can see that it was clearly pushed away, and placed on you. Damn.

EDIT: It's also funny to note how your concerns/problems were ignored and they basically promoted SX-Lite.
And I was only taking 2 per day (that is when the label said that 3 to 6 was safe). So I'm 5'10" 260 pounds at the time only taking 2 per day when the label said you can go up to 6).

And take the Boosters too!

And to clarify - I was experiencing mania. I didn't even know what mania was. but for those that don't know it is when you feel incredibly high, everything seems like it is great and is moving 100 miles per hour just like speed. I thought that this was just a great supplement so why would I think I needed to stop - the effects were clearly making me feel high and great.

I woke up on a Thursday and still felt high and great- so I said - I don't even need to take this anymore I just feel great naturally. Wrong- I had shifted into being completley manic caused by SX and then ceasing taking SX caused me to go into psychosis. The entire event was a complete surprise.

If you need the assistance of a doctor to come off of a health supplement there might be a problem here....

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
He meant you should consult your doctor if you are taking prescribed medications.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one here that is happy I have 5 bottles of SX next to my case of epi and HDX2?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Probably... but hey, what you dont know cant hurt you right?
that question is the whole point of thread. will it or won't wont it, old will would love it.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is ridiculous....

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would say the whole situation

I mean D you and me have spoken about how an individual should not taken a potentially harmful substance, so it kind of bothers me that AX (a trusted company) has a supp that is not only well loved but highly used and it "potentially" has some ridiculously dangeorus compound in it.

People dont like the FDA now b/c they are taking away supps that "work". I dont think some people really care about the risks in order to achieve their gains....i mean some boxers will drink their own urine....what the big deal about risking it with some drugs?

All-in-all i dont mind all dangerous supps being removed. Yeah its going to suck but in the end everyone will be lifting for a lot longer and a lifting a lot healthier.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, it's been a long time since I saw an ALRI thread.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow, it's been a long time since I saw an ALRI thread.
alri's behavior over venom was bad form. then palo alto got jammed with aspire and behaved like men, i thought they taught the supplement world how to behave when that sort of thing happens. i guess not.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what happened with aspire?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
haha no really i never knew they had to recall...i just looked it up now but i was completely unaware that they had to make a recall.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
hmm ya SX was spiked.....

*look we buy these products not for their ingrediants but for their effects right? SX worked. thats all that mattered same ppl saying ahh it was spiked with a designer etc etc are same ppl who use AAS so dont give me that BS like u care what ur puttin in ur body. results matter AX brought the results. i here by salute AX."

u guys had a great run and i love HDX2

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established

look man honestly if u didnt like what it was doing to you, why not stop after a few days? instead keepin on takin it? im sure ur a nice guy. im just pointing it out

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
haha no really i never knew they had to recall...i just looked it up now but i was completely unaware that they had to make a recall.
dave and bobby stood up and took the heat, were honest with everyone and behaved like men. it all went away. now comes ax and slimx...with the exception of jim, now that guy gets it. whet it go jim.