Sleeping with MST (sponsored)

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I never miss the DOMS I get from squats.
With a stack like this, the acronym 'DOMS' doesn't exist in my vocab :thumbsup:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
With a stack like this, the acronym 'DOMS' doesn't exist in my vocab :thumbsup:
I'll be putting that to the test tomorrow on the squat rack fo sho, I just hope I will be able to walk after I'm done :scared:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #12

Last Night:
I took the ZMK & Somnidren-GH last night. I dosed 2 ZMK w/ 1/2 scoop Somnidren sub, then about 20 min later I took the other servings the same way. I was already feeling the 1st 1/2 scoop of Somnidren and the second one knocked me out a few minutes later. I got my usual 8 hours plus an extra 40 minutes that I over slept. This rarely happens, and when it does it is never as long as this, usually around like 15 minutes. I felt good when I woke up, did my stuff that I got to do every morning and went to hit legs.

The Workout:

Squats - warm up @ 185 x 11 - 4 x 5 @ 225, 235, 245, 255 w/ 60 sec rest
Stiff Leg Deads @ 185 - 3 x 5 w/ 60 sec rest
Barbell Calf Raises @ 185 - 5 x 8 w/ 30 sec rest
Front squats @ 165 - 1 x 12
Single Leg Squats - 10 reps per leg

After Thoughs:
The squats were feeling lighter than ever today. I was suprised by the way I got 255, I think I could have got a few more sets at this weighed but I didn't want to completely kill my legs this time. Just get a solid work out. I tried to get 20 reps on the front squat, but I just didn't have enough in to accomplish it. It was grueling when I got to 8 reps, and I knew I just couldn't get my goal of the 20 reps. The single leg squats were hard to; I got like 3 left, then 3 right, 3 left, 3 right, 2 left, 2 right, 2 left, and then finally 2 right. I had my usual post workout shake like 15 minutes post workout. Then I had a large plate of leftover chicken and rice since no one was here to make me my usual egg breakfast. It started to sprinkle when I was squating and I hope my weights don't start to get rusted out (my squat rack is outside). I think I'm gonna go back out there and make sure that they are all dry and stuff in a few. Tomorrow I got arms, which will be lots of pull ups/dips. Those are always my favorite days. I'm gonna try to up my cal a little more now to, just to try to put some more weight on me.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #13

Last Night:
I took all four ZMK and drank 1/2 serving of Somnidren-GH mixed w/ a little bit of water. Then 15 minutes later I took the other 1/2 serving of Somnidren-GH sublingually. I was out pretty quick after that. I got my eight hours of sleep and woke up a little bit sore. I think that with the leg workout from the previous day and then in the afternnoon I had to trench some rows of potatoes; both of which contributed to my sore legs and somewhat sore lower back. I got my usual pre workout meal, did my morning work, then got ready to hit the weights.

The Workout:

Pull/Chin ups w/ 35 lbs & Bench Dips w/ 65 lbs - 30 reps each in 7:53

Incline Hammer curls @ 40 lbs - 4 x 4
Skullcrushers @ 80 lbs - 4 x 4

After Thoughts:
So I knocked around a 1/2 minute of the time it took me to get the 30 reps in the pull ups and dips. It still was really difficult after the first 10 pull ups. I got 5 wide grip pulls ups, then 5 chin ups, and I felt good. Then I went to get 10 dips, and when I came to get some more pull ups it was like all of strength was gone. I struggled to get 3 at a time until I got 10 and moved back to dips. The last 10 were even harder. I started to get 2 at a time and after two of those then I could only get singles. On the singles I would lower myself as slow as I could go and kind of squeeze my lats and the bottom. I felt super good when I was done with them though, my lats and biceps were burning. I got my usual post workout shake after, and now I'm waiting on my meal. I'm still trying to get in more calories, it feels like I'm kind of stalled on the gaining. I'll just try to keep stuffing my face w/ food as much as possible. I think I got some more trenching to do today, so that will be fun.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #14

Last Night:
I took the ZMK all at once, then waited for around 15 minutes and took the Somnidren-GH sublingually. I only took 1/2 a serving and gave the other half serving to my gf bc she was curious about the stuff. I was still out in a few minutes and she was too. Still got my full 8 hours of sleep, and she said that she had the best night of sleep that she had got in a while. I think MST has found a new customer lol.

The Workout:

Single DB clean & press @ 70 lbs - 4 x 2
Incline DB press @ 80 lbs - 3 x 3
sets alternated w/ 60 sec in between

Floor Press (palms facing each other) @ 75 lbs - 2 x 6 /30 secs rest
DB Side laterals @ 25 lbs - 2 x 8 /30 secs rest

After Thoughts:
I know I was supposed to be deadlifting today, but when I did my first warm up set I felt something weird in my left hamstring. I waited for a minute and tried it again and I still kind of felt it. So I just had to make an excutive decision and hold off until tomorrow for the deads. Then I moved tomorrows orginally planned workout to today so the day would not be wasted and I can still try to get some deadlifting done this week. Todays workout was real hard for me. The DB clean & presses were tough, that was the most weight I have ever used on that. The incline presses were tough too, I am usually not able to get the initial push off w/ 80 but I got it 3 times today. I failed to get it off me on my fourth attempt and decided to move on. The floor presses felt good, and I struggled to get the last reps on the second set. I felt good after finishing this one though. I got my usual post workout stuff, but for my meal I get to eat egg/ground turkey burritos. I hope I feel up to deadlifting tomorrow...

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
sounds like your really pushing yourself jdg, that's what i like to see. Nothing like seeing how far you can physically and mentally push yourself/while being smart (you not dead lifting)

As far as your weight gaining needs, you could try adding some healthy fats like EVOO into your shakes, which is really dense in calories. I know we discussed this awhile ago but i dont remember what type you drink but maybe bump to 2% or whole milk? I also have a good post workout/weight gaining shake if your interested

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I do add some EVOO in my evening shake, along w/ some natty peanut butter and a lot of gorund flax. I'll probably just add some more. In the morning I've started to take a bit more coconut oil along w/ extra powerbutter & I might bump my morning hard boiled eggs from 2 to 3 or 4. I do not usually drink milk unless I can get my hands on some unpasturized stuff, which is becoming rarer and rarer. Sometimes when I go out somewhere I'll pick up some of the little horizons whole milk bottles w/ some string cheese and snack on them. If you got a nice calorie dense recipe though sumbum I would enjoy trying it out and let you know how it went.

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
o and cottage cheese, i like to pound that before bed.

anyways for the recipe: 2 cups oatmeal, 16-20 ounces 2% or whole milk, 1 scoop protein powder, tablespoon EVOO, spoonfull pb, maybe a banana, a little ice and blend it all up. I would first start with the milk and oats and blend that up for a minute or two, then add the rest. it's a beast... but i think you can handle it!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Yep I used to eat cottage cheese by the container, it gives me bad gas though, I may have to switch back to it, I just hope the gf can handle it...

Thanks for the idea, I do something kind of similar now, but I'll try to get some milk and throw it all in the blender. I might also put in some strawberries just bc there are so good. Appreciate it sum!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Yep I used to eat cottage cheese by the container, it gives me bad gas though, I may have to switch back to it, I just hope the gf can handle it...

Thanks for the idea, I do something kind of similar now, but I'll try to get some milk and throw it all in the blender. I might also put in some strawberries just bc there are so good. Appreciate it sum!
i wish they cottage cheese with less sodium :-/

i try to avoid salt at all times (i'm a salt hating freak. family history of heart problems, both grandparents died in their late twenties from heart problems and both my parents have heart problems)

i still eat it though.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I never really had a problem w/ sodium, but I don't go around throwing salt on my food though...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some salt is very necessary. I've been tossing garlic salt all over my food recently. That's okay, though. Not much else I have contains it.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i get salt in with my cottage cheese, my protein bars, and my gatorade powder. however i use mrs. dash on my meats.

what's there naturally is okay with me, but i don't want any more than that.

i do know salt is very much needed though, i wasn't trying to argue against it all together. (although reading back it sounds like i was)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #15

Last Night:
I got my usual 8 hours of sleep, dosing the ZMK about 15 mintutes before the Somnidren. Which I took 15 pre bed sublingually. My gf was trying to get me to let her get another sample of it but I had to put her in her place and told her no. I slept real good, as I am now becoming accustomed to. Woke up feeling ready to start my day.

The Workout:
Deadlfits - warm up 165 x 10, 205 x 2, 265 x 2, 285 x 1 - 305 cluster set of 5 reps w/ 10 seconds between reps x 2 sets
Double DB Standing calf raise @ 55 lbs - 3 x 20
Barbell Hack squats w/ jefferson squats (each hand forward one time) @ 135 lbs - 2 x 10,5,5

After Thoughts:
I was able to do some deadlifts today and they felt good. Those cluster sets felt different and the last reps were pretty difficult. My quads were burning when I was doing those hack squats w/ the jefferson squats. If you don't know what jefferson squats are it is when the bar is between your legs vertically and one arm is infront of you and one behind you. You then just like deadlift it up. I had done these in highschool and I saw them in a magazine and it reminded me that I should try them every once in awhile. They really get my quads feeling good. I got my usual stuff post workout and I'm about to egg some eggs, oatmeal w/ peanut butter, and a banana. I think today I'll do some work in the garden and then try to catch some of the NCAA tourament, I think SFA and Sryacuse play early. I'm just happy Texas got the win now they got Duke up next.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Oh I forgot to mentio that I weighed in this morning at 199.5 pounds- up 1.5 pounds from last Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the 200 lb club by next week!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Last Night:
I think SFA and Sryacuse play early. I'm just happy Texas got the win now they got Duke up next.
Be careful what you wish for, the butt whipping comes saturday :laugh:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
uh god i'm glad sfa lost.

i hated them for the way they treated me after my injury.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Be careful what you wish for, the butt whipping comes saturday :laugh:

I know it's probably coming, but crazier upsets have happened, lets just watch the game and have some fun while doing it.

uh god i'm glad sfa lost.

i hated them for the way they treated me after my injury.
What sorry to here that natty t, but just use it as extra motivation and make em feel bad about how they treated you

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
What sorry to here that natty t, but just use it as extra motivation and make em feel bad about how they treated you
It's alright.

there's a chance i may be in their conference again.

If so I'm gonna quite enjoy pounding them. I think thats the only time I'd love to be on defense. I'd love to show them what they screwed over.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Oh I forgot to mentio that I weighed in this morning at 199.5 pounds- up 1.5 pounds from last Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the 200 lb club by next week!
congrats on the weigh in.

we'll welcome you with open arms.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
congrats on the weigh in.

we'll welcome you with open arms.
Aww thanks dude!

Hey what teams are you thinking about playing for in the southland conference? Just Texas State? I think UTSA is suppose to be getting a team next season. If you're in the Woodlands then you're not far from Sam Houston in Huntsville and from I've heard that it's pretty easy to walk on there. But Huntsville sucks compaired to San Marcos or basically any other college town that I can think of.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Aww thanks dude!

Hey what teams are you thinking about playing for in the southland conference? Just Texas State? I think UTSA is suppose to be getting a team next season. If you're in the Woodlands then you're not far from Sam Houston in Huntsville and from I've heard that it's pretty easy to walk on there. But Huntsville sucks compaired to San Marcos or basically any other college town that I can think of.
i've got tooooo many ex girlfriends at sam houston.

I'm thinking about texas state. that's it.

if not them i'll be heading up to north dakota or a&m. a&m being the dream. :dl:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
No loss of sleep quality at all when I'm only taking the ZMK. The intense dreams are still there too. It feels sooo good!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
No loss of sleep quality at all when I'm only taking the ZMK. The intense dreams are still there too. It feels sooo good!
I took the ZMK by itself last night too. The dreams were insane and so random, lol. I'd rather not go into detail about them :rofl:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
glad to see everyone's dreams are going well :laugh:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep! Sleep is still great, and dreams are still crazy. I've been so happy with this stack.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #16

Last Night:
It was only the 4 ZMK caps, and I had a wild night. I had some very vivid nasty dreams and I woke up from one at around 3. Then I went to the restroom and tried to fall back asleep. But I couldn't get back to sleep, I kept thinking about that dream and it was bothering the sh*t out of me. For like an hour I just layed there in bed. Finally I got back to sleep and some more crazy a$$ dreams. They were so weird, like people were in them w/ pumpkins as there heads and there skin would change colors. I am still freaked out...

The Workout:

DB Presses @ 90 lbs - 5 x 5, 1 x 3 *- followed up w/ DB Fly stretches w/ 35 lbs for 25,15, & 10 secs
DB Row @ 75 lbs - 6 x 5
DB Shoulder Press @ 60 lbs - 3 x 5, 2 x 3, 1 x 2

After Thoughts:
I made up for me lose of an hour sleep w/ an extra hour of sleep and got to work. I broke a handfull of PR's today on both the DB Press & the shoulder press. I had never got 90 for more than like a rep or two, and I had never even done 60 lb shoulder presses. They were both hard but I got them for a pretty good amount of reps. I drank my usual post workout shake after, and I'm about to eat some eggs and toast now. Today I got a bunch of stuff to do outside, I just got to remeber to eat a ton during the day. Tomorrow is legs and I hope to bump my 5 rep squat really high. Maybe a little bit to high if you know what I mean haha! Oh and Somnidren comes back into my life tonight YES!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
crazy dreams...

my dreams are crazy as it is....

i don't know if i want them to be any worse.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Oh I bet they could get crazier natty t, just try some of it out...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #17

Last Night:
I got back on my Somnidren-GH, took both servings sublingually around 15 minutes before bed. The ZMK was taken 45 minutes before bed, and an hour and a half after my last meal. I got another super night of sleep, but I had to get up at 5. I couldn't really notice the loss of an hours sleep, and I wasn't groggy of anything. I just got to work then lifted.

The Workout:

Squats - warm up @ 185 x 10 - 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 265 x 5, 275 x 3, & 285 x 2
Goodmornings - 85 x 5, 95 x 5, 105 x 5
Barbell standing calf raises @ 205 lbs - 3 x 8
1 set of Power cleans @ 115 for 5 reps

After Thoughts:
I felt real good after this one. That 285 lb squat was the most that I have done since highschool when I think I maxed at around 275 I think. It was hard, I might have been able to get a third rep, but I didn't want to risk it yet. This was the first time I have done goodmornings in forever, they felt real awkward. I have missed doing power cleans and the 5 reps at 115 were easy, I just felt like doing some. Today I get to go back to my parents house until tomorrow. So I get to sit in a car for like 3 hours, but on the way my gf has to see some of her friends. It's gonna suck but I'm going to con her into taking me to some supplement shops that I frequent in Houston to see if they got any steals right now. I got my usual post workout stuff and my meal which I am waiting on now. I don't know if I'm going to lift here when I get back tomorrow afternoon, or in the morning at my Dad's house. Oh I forgot to mention that I got around to building a parallel dip thing out of some scrapp 2" x 4". I'll try to get a picture up of what it looks like. It's so sweet though. I chissled out some hand grips and taped them up, it's so cool. I might just hold off lifting until the afternoon tomorrow just so I can use it for the first time.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #18

Last Night:
I was back in my own bed that I grew up in. It felt good, but I only got 7 hours of sleep for the second night in a row. My friends and I had gone out to a sports bar to play some pool and watch the Rockets game. I only stayed until like 9:30, when the game was about to start. I took the ZMK, then they Somnidren right after sublingually. I managed to get to bed at 11 and had to get up at 6. I didn't feel like I only got 7 hours of sleep, for the second night in a row too.

The Workout:

Weighted pull/chin ups w/ 35 lbs - 30 reps - combined w/
Weighted parallel dips w/ 35 lbs - 30 reps --- total time to complete was 6:39

Reverse grip curls @ 70 lbs - 3 x 5 - 30 sec rest between sets
DB extension @ 75 lbs - 3 x 5 - 30 sec rest between sets

After Thoughts:
I didn't get to lift until 3:30 bc I had to drive 3 hours back to my house. I also had just ate 30 minutes before, but I didn't feel bad or anything. On my first attempt on the 30 chins I got 7 reps, thats up two from last week. The parallel dips were pretty difficult. I hadn't done them in awhile, and I made the handles wider than my old ones so it felt weird. Everything else went smooth today.
Last night while my boys and I were playing pool they were saying how I looked a lot bigger over the last time they saw me, which was only 2 weeks ago. It could have been what I was wearing, but I am around 10 lbs heavier than I was. I thought that was cool, and they were interested on what I'm doing and stuff.
Tomorrow I got deadlifts, good thing my legs are not sore at all from yesterdays squats!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #19

Last Night:
I got some good rest last night of course. I'm almost kind of said to be so low on the ZMK and Somnidren. I just wish somehow the bottles magically refilled themselves every few days. I took the four ZMK's about 30 min pred bed, then the Somnidren 15 minutes later. Woke up a little early and got to work...

The Workout:

Deadlifts - 265 lbs 2 x 2 w/ a snatch grip and a towel rapped around the bar
310 lbs 2 x 5 w/ reg grip and strapped up
Standing DB calf raises @ 65 lbs - 3 x 20, 2 x 15
BB Hack Squats - 145 x 12, 155 x 10, 165 x 7

After Thoughts:
The back of my legs is almost rubbed raw from those hack squats, but they were fun. I like doing the deadlifts w/ a snatch grip and towels, it made it a lot harder to do. I got my usual post workout stuff, and my meal is about to be the same scrambled eggs and toast w/ peanut butter. I'm pretty said to see he Somnidren almost gone, last night I was just looking in the almost completely empty bottle remembering the times of when it was full. Thinking about all of the wonderfull nights that we spent together...

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Last Night:
I got some good rest last night of course. I'm almost kind of said to be so low on the ZMK and Somnidren. I just wish somehow the bottles magically refilled themselves every few days. I took the four ZMK's about 30 min pred bed, then the Somnidren 15 minutes later. Woke up a little early and got to work...

The Workout:

Deadlifts - 265 lbs 2 x 2 w/ a snatch grip and a towel rapped around the bar
310 lbs 2 x 5 w/ reg grip and strapped up
Standing DB calf raises @ 65 lbs - 3 x 20, 2 x 15
BB Hack Squats - 145 x 12, 155 x 10, 165 x 7

After Thoughts:
The back of my legs is almost rubbed raw from those hack squats, but they were fun. I like doing the deadlifts w/ a snatch grip and towels, it made it a lot harder to do. I got my usual post workout stuff, and my meal is about to be the same scrambled eggs and toast w/ peanut butter. I'm pretty said to see he Somnidren almost gone, last night I was just looking in the almost completely empty bottle remembering the times of when it was full. Thinking about all of the wonderfull nights that we spent together...
Take advantage of the Somni/ZMK stack on Nutra :thumbsup:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great updates!
I really enjoy following your log, man - It's very detailed.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Well I was feeling all sad about being low on the ZMK & Somnidren-GH, and guess what happened???

I went up to check mail and I saw that I had the key to open one of the big boxes in my small box. I opened up the big box, wondering what could it be. Low and behold it was from my boys at Millennium Sports Technologies, and it was a whole new months supply of both the ZMK and Sonidren-GH.
Sooooo the log will continue for another month, sorry guys if you are getting bored of me.

I may stop w/ my bulk after this week and switch over to recomp mode. Let me know what you think I should do...

I will be posting updated pics & updated measurements at the end of the week. I'm a lot bigger than I was a few weeks ago. My abs are almost all gone, you'll see in the pictures though. Try not to make to much fun of me, this is the biggest I have ever been in my life. I snuck a peak at the scale this morning and it showed me at 203.5. I hope I'm still that heavy tomorrow morning on my official Friday weigh in.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Well I was feeling all sad about being low on the ZMK & Somnidren-GH, and guess what happened???

I went up to check mail and I saw that I had the key to open one of the big boxes in my small box. I opened up the big box, wondering what could it be. Low and behold it was from my boys at Millennium Sports Technologies, and it was a whole new months supply of both the ZMK and Sonidren-GH.
Sooooo the log will continue for another month, sorry guys if you are getting bored of me.

I may stop w/ my bulk after this week and switch over to recomp mode. Let me know what you think I should do...

I will be posting updated pics & updated measurements at the end of the week. I'm a lot bigger than I was a few weeks ago. My abs are almost all gone, you'll see in the pictures though. Try not to make to much fun of me, this is the biggest I have ever been in my life. I snuck a peak at the scale this morning and it showed me at 203.5. I hope I'm still that heavy tomorrow morning on my official Friday weigh in.
I like it!

maybe they'd be willing to test this on a football player with insomnia ;)