SAMe

JayNY2Fla

Awards
is it worth it? If you used it , was it effective or not ? What results did you have ?
Thanks
Jay

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Ive suffered from depersonalisation for quite some time in the past and I’ve used it and found it to be extremely potent..
It’s similar to vitamin b’s(methyl folate in particular) but it was not practical for me to take it long term because it would cause a bit of anxiety. Quatrefolic(branded methyl folate) I found to yield similar results with much less ‘side effects’ and I could take it on a daily base. Hope that helps.

DRip

DRip

Awards
SAMe is potent and can be a wonder drug if you have a COMT and/or MTHFR gene mutation. It greatly improves my anxiety, energy and mood but I do have the gene mutations that screw up my methylation cycle.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
C
Ive suffered from depersonalisation for quite some time in the past and I’ve used it and found it to be extremely potent..
It’s similar to vitamin b’s(methyl folate in particular) but it was not practical for me to take it long term because it would cause a bit of anxiety. Quatrefolic(branded methyl folate) I found to yield similar results with much less ‘side effects’ and I could take it on a daily base. Hope that helps.
oool man thanks for the feed back appreciate it. I dnt need anything to give me anxiety I don’t even drink caffeine

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
C

oool man thanks for the feed back appreciate it. I dnt need anything to give me anxiety I don’t even drink caffeine
Look man not everybody experiences anxiety from it but it is something I experienced personally and it is something to be aware of. Just wanted to point that out. Perhaps you could try it and see for yourself..

JayNY2Fla

Awards
Look man not everybody experiences anxiety from it but it is something I experienced personally and it is something to be aware of. Just wanted to point that out. Perhaps you could try it and see for yourself..
Well I already deal with PTSD man. So it is not something I need to take. But if it can increase anxiety if that’s a side which clearly it’s a side it’s something I dnt need to bother with. It ain’t that important to me to even bother

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
Did it help with your depersonalization? Similar issue here, but with derealization. Feel like I’ve been stuck in a dream/nightmare for longer than a year
Got interested…

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great job on pointing that out.

I've always been aware that SAMe could cause some anxiety issues in some people, but had never experienced it myself until my last go round with it. In the past, I would use it during stressful times and it always seemed to help, but the last time I used it earlier this year, it made things worse for me and made me more anxious.

I do know people that it is an awesome supplement for, but I think its a great example of what I always say about different things working different for different people; and sometimes with it, it can even work different for the same person.

When I've mentioned that we were going to be launching a Mood Support XT product in the future, I had had some people ask if we planned on using SAMe in it, and we are not and the variance in reaction for different people is the reason why.

Did it help with your depersonalization? Similar issue here, but with derealization. Feel like I’ve been stuck in a dream/nightmare for longer than a year
Got interested…
I'm very curious to hear his answer on this as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing that. I spent the majority of the last year and a half in that state myself - I think for me, it was a combination of getting hit by the car and my injuries and then getting Covid while still in the post concussion state. It was like nothing around me seemed real for the longest time and still doesn't sometimes. I felt like I was not myself, as in not even participating in my own life to a large degree. Many things that I used to get excitement out of didn't even matter at all and just nothing even seemed real anymore.

That was actually one of the reasons that I tried SAMe myself earlier this year and it backfired on me it seemed like this time, although I had had good results with it in the past.

For me, the combination that I found that really started helping me is Stress & Anxiety Support, KannaEase, and Sabroxy XT and using them all daily. I've used Stress & Anxiety Support XT the entire time and I used KannaEase as needed, but in researching a deep dive on how it works and looking at post concussion syndrome and also some theories on derealization and memory issues associated with post Covid, I had decided to try it daily along with Sabroxy XT bc of Sabroxy's BDNF aspects and it has made a huge difference for me.

Don't get me wrong, it has taken some time; it definitely didn't happen all at once. I could first feel my memory starting to get better and then things that used to bring me joy starting to do so again, just a little bit at first and then a little more. I can honestly say that I enjoyed some things I did in October and its the first time since Feb. of 2022 that I can honestly say that I experienced any joy or that I felt present in any aspect of my life since the accident, because before then it was like I was just going through the motions of life.

I am really sorry to hear that you're dealing with some of that yourself - you or anyone going through that are always welcome to pm me or contact me in any way that you have contact info for me and I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

Just for anyone that it may help - it's not exactly what we're discussing here, but @cruze1911r1 had been going through a lot and he tried 2 of these and posted a good review of his thoughts on them; in his case it was dealing with some really severe anxiety:

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Well I already deal with PTSD man. So it is not something I need to take. But if it can increase anxiety if that’s a side which clearly it’s a side it’s something I dnt need to bother with. It ain’t that important to me to even bother
Yeah better safe than sorry man..I suggest you look into Quatrefolic and other bioavailable b vitamins

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Got interested…
I suffered from both(depersonalisation and derealization) It actually did help..It made me more grounded and at moments I felt like I almost ‘snapped out of it’. But like I said it would eventually kind of make me feel like I was on the edge of panicking a bit.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah
Great job on pointing that out.

I've always been aware that SAMe could cause some anxiety issues in some people, but had never experienced it myself until my last go round with it. In the past, I would use it during stressful times and it always seemed to help, but the last time I used it earlier this year, it made things worse for me and made me more anxious.

I do know people that it is an awesome supplement for, but I think its a great example of what I always say about different things working different for different people; and sometimes with it, it can even work different for the same person.

When I've mentioned that we were going to be launching a Mood Support XT product in the future, I had had some people ask if we planned on using SAMe in it, and we are not and the variance in reaction for different people is the reason why.

I'm very curious to hear his answer on this as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing that. I spent the majority of the last year and a half in that state myself - I think for me, it was a combination of getting hit by the car and my injuries and then getting Covid while still in the post concussion state. It was like nothing around me seemed real for the longest time and still doesn't sometimes. I felt like I was not myself, as in not even participating in my own life to a large degree. Many things that I used to get excitement out of didn't even matter at all and just nothing even seemed real anymore.

That was actually one of the reasons that I tried SAMe myself earlier this year and it backfired on me it seemed like this time, although I had had good results with it in the past.

For me, the combination that I found that really started helping me is Stress & Anxiety Support, KannaEase, and Sabroxy XT and using them all daily. I've used Stress & Anxiety Support XT the entire time and I used KannaEase as needed, but in researching a deep dive on how it works and looking at post concussion syndrome and also some theories on derealization and memory issues associated with post Covid, I had decided to try it daily along with Sabroxy XT bc of Sabroxy's BDNF aspects and it has made a huge difference for me.

Don't get me wrong, it has taken some time; it definitely didn't happen all at once. I could first feel my memory starting to get better and then things that used to bring me joy starting to do so again, just a little bit at first and then a little more. I can honestly say that I enjoyed some things I did in October and its the first time since Feb. of 2022 that I can honestly say that I experienced any joy or that I felt present in any aspect of my life since the accident, because before then it was like I was just going through the motions of life.

I am really sorry to hear that you're dealing with some of that yourself - you or anyone going through that are always welcome to pm me or contact me in any way that you have contact info for me and I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

Just for anyone that it may help - it's not exactly what we're discussing here, but @cruze1911r1 had been going through a lot and he tried 2 of these and posted a good review of his thoughts on them; in his case it was dealing with some really severe anxiety:

I think we’ve had a few discussions about this in the ‘methyl b’ thread of yours if I’m not mistaken..
SAMe can be a life saver for some( even for me at times it kinda was) but I just couldn’t handle it long term. Supplements help a great deal but I think the best way to deal with dissociative disorders is to reprogram our emotional responses to all the traumas behind it.

JayNY2Fla

Awards
Yeah better safe than sorry man..I suggest you look into Quatrefolic and other bioavailable b vitamins
Cool man. I’ll def look into it. Thanks for the info bro