RAD 140 Experience

DennisC1986

Awards
Sorry if I'm driving you guys crazy with all the questions. But I've put my macros into myfitnesspal(i know, not super accurate but much easier than counting myself) as this:

Carbohydrates 195 g 30 %
Fat 116 g 40 %
Protein 195 g 30 %

Does this sound okay for a 145-150 lb, 5'8" guy? Im looking for high protein, high fat and moderately low carbs.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Also, I don't think I am, but how would i know if Im getting any gyno type side effects? would it just be an itching/tenderness in the nipple or is there anything else to worry about? I just worry cause I'm self conscious about my chest. Everyone I ask says that they're just developed pecs but man boobs scare the **** out of me.
First signs of gyno can be itchy nipples. But in the end a real gyno is a lump under it wich you will notice. If you have a SERM and AI on hand you can counter it so the lump will be removed.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if I'm driving you guys crazy with all the questions. But I've put my macros into myfitnesspal(i know, not super accurate but much easier than counting myself) as this:

Carbohydrates 195 g30 %
Fat 116 g 40 %
Protein 195 g 30 %

Does this sound okay for a 145-150 lb, 5'8" guy? Im looking for high protein, high fat and moderately low carbs.
Thats totally fine.
Me personally would always opt to get on the lower side of fats and upper of carbs but thats just personal preference.

DennisC1986

Awards
Thats totally fine.
Me personally would always opt to get on the lower side of fats and upper of carbs but thats just personal preference.
Thanks, i kinda cycle it, more carbs on days I lift and a little less if i do cardio or off completely.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ah, i just read this has kratom in it? Ive actually used it in the past to try and get off the harder stuff. Ill check it out
Yep, but you don't get any euphoric effects from it if you fight falling asleep, so for me it's perfect, and super strong. 1 cap is typically enough, and 2 is way too much for me.

DennisC1986

Awards
I'll check it out. Its the kind of thing where I've tried damn near everything, from natural to pharmaceutical and nothing helps...well, except some dope and a few xanax...but, you see the problem.

Killcure666

Awards
Do you think yo guys could better explain the mechanism of action for RAD? in slightly more layman terms? I mean from what I understand it just kind of mimics the effect of test on the androgen receptors, right? So basically you're HPTA is shut down, and your not introducing exogenous test, so you're kind of getting the effects of test while basically having none in your body?
You're spot on! The way I interpret the mechanism of action is that RAD binds to the Androgen receptor (AR) and activates protein synthesis and anabolic pathways. Since RAD is occupying the AR receptors more testosterone is free to float in circulation which means more can be aromatized into estrogen and the higher levels of estrogen bind to the hypothalamus and decrease/inhibit HPTA activity.

Estrogen is your bodies primary indicator of testosterone and sex hormone level.

DennisC1986

Awards
You're spot on! The way I interpret the mechanism of action is that RAD binds to the Androgen receptor (AR) and activates protein synthesis and anabolic pathways. Since RAD is occupying the AR receptors more testosterone is free to float in circulation which means more can be aromatized into estrogen and the higher levels of estrogen bind to the hypothalamus and decrease/inhibit HPTA activity.

Estrogen is your bodies primary indicator of testosterone and sex hormone level.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. Working out is my only real passion and I love learning all i can about it.

DennisC1986

Awards
Do you guys think 2,600 is a decent number for a clean(ish) bulk? I was at around 1600 for my cut and upped it the same day I started the RAD, so in ten days I've gained about 2 pounds. So if I extrapolate (or interpolate? idk) I would be up 6 pounds by the end. I'd be pretty satisfied with that number since it appears to be pretty much lean gains, at least as far as visually. I'm up 2 pounds and my abs are more defined if anything.

migseattle

Awards

This is great. One more for you :) What causes the muscles to feel so "full" and pumped while on a SARM (LGD in my case)? I started noticing this very shortly after starting (within 2 days or so) so it's obviously not muscle growth at least initially...

DennisC1986

Awards
Mine don't feel much fuller but that might be because i started on creatine a few weeks before after years of not taking it, so my muscles are probably full of water already. What kind of effect do you guys thing RAD would have on fasted cardio? normally I'm not a fan cause i need to hang onto every bit of muscle but I'm gonna be unable to lift for 2 days and ill only be able to hit the gym for about 30 minutes in the morning, and id like to get some type of exercise in.

Killcure666

Awards
This is great. One more for you :) What causes the muscles to feel so "full" and pumped while on a SARM (LGD in my case)? I started noticing this very shortly after starting (within 2 days or so) so it's obviously not muscle growth at least initially...
I would imagine it has to do with the increase in anabolic activity within the muscle cell causing an increased demand for glucose and amino acids.

The mechanism probably is RAD increases the number of GLUT and amino acid transporters on muscle cell membranes and more glucose and amino acid molecules enter the muscle cell increasing its osmolarity which causes water to follow this gradient and result in a full feeling.

Its essentially amino acid and glucose mediated muscle cell water retention driven by the increased usage and demand for molecules needed for growth.

Killcure666

Awards
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. Working out is my only real passion and I love learning all i can about it.
I feel ya man! I love the science behind exercise and learning all about it

DennisC1986

Awards
Thought I felt a pain in my left nipple when I woke up this morning but it stopped after maybe 20 mins so I'm not sure if it was just in my head.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
yeah man, dope for me too. Throwing myself into exercise and nutrition is the main thing keeping me clean. Well, I take orange Triad as my multi, which has 200% dv of zinc. I split it into two doses, morning and night, so I'm taking around 100% of daily value at night time. Do you think that is enough zinc to have the same effect as ZMA? obviously there magnesium and B vitamins in it too. I also alternate between unisom, benadryl, melatonin. Ive pretty much come to terms with it, its been that way since i was a kid, but i do often wonder how much more I might progress if i got 8 hours uninterrupted every night. I haven't slept more than 3-4 hours straight in years.
Good sh1t with getting off the tether! I know a lot of ex dope fiends that started lifting weights and are jacked because we don't know moderation and can get that psychotic obsession. Lol. Anyway, ZMA is a specific formula and your not getting it in orange triad. You would have to stop taking orange triad and do a regular generic multi instead... Only multi I know of that doesn't have zinc is vita-jym, which is ridiculously overpriced.

I love ZMA. There are claims that it boost test but I think it's complete bullsh1t. I think it puts you in such a deep sleep that your body is able to recover and grow. For me, if I take zzyquil or other sleep aids I wake up and eat in the middle of the night... I guess I've replaced years of waking and smoking between nods with food... Anyway, I suggest you give it a go... Good luck brother!!

DennisC1986

Awards
Thanks man, same to you. ZMA has worked decently for me in the past but this was before my insomnia got way out of control. Since I just started the triad I'll probably finish it out and then go back to a cheaper one and add ZMA.

DennisC1986

Awards
So I think I'm noticing some phantom itching in my left nip so I'm gonna add some arimistane in daily. I know its not the best AI but I'll see how i feel after a few days and if i need something stronger I will add that. Any idea what the best time is to take it? Mine says in morning with first meal.

DennisC1986

Awards
I ordered the arimicare pro through Amazon but idk why its not here yet, so I'm going to start the nolvadren until it gets here. It has 75 mg of arimistane, should I take it in the morning when I take the RAD or should I space them out at all?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Not really important but if you space out you are always on the safe side.

DennisC1986

Awards
ok cool. Any benefit to taking it before bed? If not I'll take it a few hours after the RAD.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Not really. One could argument that the sleep gets better due to reduced cortisol. Then again the levels are highest in the morning and no one really knows how long it takes to the maximum point of cortisolsuppression.

DennisC1986

Awards
Ok well I usually wake up a few hours before I actually get out of bed so I can take it then, maybe that will help with the higher cortisol levels.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I think I'm noticing some phantom itching in my left nip so I'm gonna add some arimistane in daily. I know its not the best AI but I'll see how i feel after a few days and if i need something stronger I will add that. Any idea what the best time is to take it? Mine says in morning with first meal.
You would do better with Inhibit-E or Letrone. Arimistane does not lower estrogen. Are you sure your even getting E2 sides with rad??? Might be psychosomatic?

DennisC1986

Awards
You would do better with Inhibit-E or Letrone. Arimistane does not lower estrogen. Are you sure your even getting E2 sides with rad??? Might be psychosomatic?
Yeah thats what i was thinking, that it might just be in my head, but i wanted to take some precaution anyway. It can't hurt really can it? Will the Inhibit E be okay to take on cycle?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah thats what i was thinking, that it might just be in my head, but i wanted to take some precaution anyway. It can't hurt really can it? Will the Inhibit E be okay to take on cycle?
No, it can't hurt, unless what your taking doesn't do what your hoping (and it won't because it's not a real AI) and further down the rabbit hole you may go. I've been there, it's hell getting back! lol

DennisC1986

Awards
Is it unheard of to have E2 sides on RAD? like i said this morning i had a little pain in my left nipple that wet away quickly and they felt slightly itchy, but nor puffy or anything. In fact they look less puffy than normal. I mean you say its not a real AI but it has to be better than nothing, at least until I can get some abieta, no?

DennisC1986

Awards
I mean I've taken the old Erase formula and definitely felt that it was working back then

DennisC1986

Awards
I really feel that the effects of the RAD are just now becoming really noticeable so i wouldn't want to have anything mess that up.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it unheard of to have E2 sides on RAD? like i said this morning i had a little pain in my left nipple that wet away quickly and they felt slightly itchy, but nor puffy or anything. In fact they look less puffy than normal. I mean you say its not a real AI but it has to be better than nothing, at least until I can get some abieta, no?
Arimistane works well as at cortisol reduction, and the effects of that are similar to reduced E2. I'm not saying don't take it, I'm just saying I hope it's not all in your head.
I mean I've taken the old Erase formula and definitely felt that it was working back then

DennisC1986

Awards
you hope its not all in my head? Hmm i was hoping it WAS all in my head.

DennisC1986

Awards
Lol that's not what I meant. You know what I mean.
Haha no honestly i was confused. thanks for clearing it up. Well hopefully it is all in my head and it will just help with the cortisol levels.

DennisC1986

Awards
Woke up this morning, felt none of the "signs" I felt yesterday so I'm going to continue the Arimistane. I figured if it helps with cortisol, and cortisol is supposedly the stress hormone, since I'm anxious and stressed and rarely sleep, that this can only be helpful to me.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Woke up this morning, felt none of the "signs" I felt yesterday so I'm going to continue the Arimistane. I figured if it helps with cortisol, and cortisol is supposedly the stress hormone, since I'm anxious and stressed and rarely sleep, that this can only be helpful to me.
It may help improve body composition too.

DennisC1986

Awards
It may help improve body composition too.
Awesome. I never really gave it much thought but now that I think of it I'm sure I have higher cortisol levels than normal and its probably been effecting my progress. Have to take 2 days off lifting so I'm gonna go low carb and see how that goes.

DennisC1986

Awards
So I'm almost at 2 weeks and have only gained maybe 2-3 pounds. Do you guys think I should bump up the calories a little? Also, in terms of volume, would being on RAD mean I can train more often than normal without worrying about overtraining?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I'm almost at 2 weeks and have only gained maybe 2-3 pounds. Do you guys think I should bump up the calories a little? Also, in terms of volume, would being on RAD mean I can train more often than normal without worrying about overtraining?
Yes, you can also eat a lot more.

DennisC1986

Awards
Yes, you can also eat a lot more.
ok im gonna bump up the calories a bit. I didn't want to go too high because I wanted to stay as lean as possible but it seems like its hard for me to put on weight while on this. It will have to be more carbs I guess because im way over on my protein and pretty much hitting my fats everyday

DennisC1986

Awards
would it still be good to go lower carb on days I don't hit the gym or just go hard all the time?

DennisC1986

Awards
Your Daily Goal cals 3,000 carbs 225 fat 133 protein 225

Does this sound ok? Its hard to get rid of the preconceived notion that all fat is bad for you so it looks high to me but I guess its not

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your Daily Goal cals 3,000 carbs 225 fat 133 protein 225

Does this sound ok? Its hard to get rid of the preconceived notion that all fat is bad for you so it looks high to me but I guess its not
Carbs don't look high enough to me. And you need to eat fat too.

DennisC1986

Awards
wait are you saying I need to eat more than 133 grams of fat or are you just pointing out the fact that fats are needed? ok I can bump up the carbs.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
No. If you don't want to go with a ketogenic diet there is no need for more fat than 133 g. Thats already pretty much.
Totally sufficient and healthy are 0.8 -1.0 g fat per kg bodyweight. You will probably feel best if you eat more carbs instead but low carb high fat has its place too.
In the end its just personal preference.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
wait are you saying I need to eat more than 133 grams of fat or are you just pointing out the fact that fats are needed? ok I can bump up the carbs.
I'm just saying don't be afraid of fats. 133 grams looks good to me. But I'd suggest to go for 350-400g carbs on rad. It's incredible at nutrient partitioning.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm about 3 weeks into rad been doing a similar diet scheme with higher fat. I'm about 190lbs doing 327g pro, 118g fat and 233g carbs (I use net)

I will say the lethargy might be starting to kick in, gonna add in about 50mg of trest I think and see if that helps at all.

But I definitely haven't been experienced a massive nutrient partitioning at all if anything I've gained some BF and I'm using forskolin as well as 7-keto, so I've been Leary about adding any more. I do cheat meals every weekend though since I'm off prep.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm about 3 weeks into rad been doing a similar diet scheme with higher fat. I'm about 190lbs doing 327g pro, 118g fat and 233g carbs (I use net)

I will say the lethargy might be starting to kick in, gonna add in about 50mg of trest I think and see if that helps at all.

But I definitely haven't been experienced a massive nutrient partitioning at all if anything I've gained some BF and I'm using forskolin as well as 7-keto, so I've been Leary about adding any more. I do cheat meals every weekend though since I'm off prep.
How many mg of rad are you running?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could bump to 16mg for the remainder of the bottle but that would cut the cycle pretty short at only 3.5 or so weeks