Questions on my HRT Program

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I finally saw a Dr yesterday for what I knew to be chronically low test levels. Long story short I am around 300 total test and he wrote me a script for 5 grams of the gel per day.

Now as I was asking questions as to what kind of program we would be running and what kind of follow up work he wanted to do, he kind of said that he does not do follow up labs unless the patient requests it and just goes by how they feel and quality of life and all of that stuff, which obviously left me a bit uneasy. Because after reading Dr John's paper, I want to be sure that secondary hypogonadism is not cause and estrogens and DHt are in check and all of that good stuff, not to mention the possibility that I may need HCG down the road.

Basically told me to come back after my three month script runs out.

So if this was one of you guys, how would you handle it? Would you demand follow up labs or do you think it would be easier to just find a new Dr? He was very liberal about writing the script, but it seems is more hands off after that.

TIA

krazy

Awards
Get your LH and FSH levels checked. This will tell you whether or not its primary or secondary. Im sure JanSz will be in here shortly to give you a laundry list of other tests you should take.

Be informed! I have never, ever, ever trusted doctors and have ALWAYS researched my drugs MYSELF. This has saved me ALOT of hardship and, honestly, permanent damage to my body from some of the drugs I've almost been handed before.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I finally saw a Dr yesterday for what I knew to be chronically low test levels. Long story short I am around 300 total test and he wrote me a script for 5 grams of the gel per day.

Now as I was asking questions as to what kind of program we would be running and what kind of follow up work he wanted to do, he kind of said that he does not do follow up labs unless the patient requests it and just goes by how they feel and quality of life and all of that stuff, which obviously left me a bit uneasy. Because after reading Dr John's paper, I want to be sure that secondary hypogonadism is not cause and estrogens and DHt are in check and all of that good stuff, not to mention the possibility that I may need HCG down the road.

Basically told me to come back after my three month script runs out.

So if this was one of you guys, how would you handle it? Would you demand follow up labs or do you think it would be easier to just find a new Dr? He was very liberal about writing the script, but it seems is more hands off after that.

TIA
Thread gently, very gently, talk nicely to you doc, do not even think of complaining, you will not buy anything with that approach.

Any testosterone, any way delivered, is better than none at all.

First get informed, read this board, read my thread:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-2.html
-----------------------------------------------
My first doc was generous with
Androgel scripts
and any
blood test scripts that I would ask for.

He would newer give me a script for AI or HCG or any thing else.

I had to figure out half decent TRT with what I had.
If that is your situation, do the same.

Also keep looking for beter doctor.

You can buy many blood test scripts from LEF.org

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.

I am just worried in the time being that I should be getting check for estrogen, estradiol, etc. Do you think I am being overly cautious?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.

I am just worried in the time being that I should be getting check for estrogen, estradiol, etc. Do you think I am being overly cautious?
I think it is excellent idea to test first then treat if indicated.
The link in my previous post contains list of tests that I do.