questions on HRT/TRT

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Just wondering if there are insurance companies out there that cover this? I have no need of it because I do PCT and all but for the future you know? I'm nearing 30 and one day I may feel to do this.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have UHC and it's covered both from my PCP and a local anti-aging clinic.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Blue Cross Blue Shield covers part of the script for HRT but not all. So it cuts my cost in about half. But I had to do it via my General practitioner and then referral to endo once the blood work came back it was all under my insurance.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I hear you. So most insurance companies require you to go through your doctor first?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I hear you. So most insurance companies require you to go through your doctor first?
Mine did, I cant speak to most insurance companies I honestly work with a large number of doctors and pharma companies in my profession but that only gives me insight into their practices not there billing :/

robmm

robmm

Awards
I had my prescription through a dr, and my health insurance covers the full cost

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too bad they don't just give you the box and the needles eh?
I do at home injects now. Box of 100 hypos is ~$14, so TRT runs me around $50-60/month in months I have bloods done, $6-$7 on normal months.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Even if insurance does not cover it, the choice is simple (for me). I would find a way to pay cash. The benefits are just too material.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I do at home injects now. Box of 100 hypos is ~$14, so TRT runs me around $50-60/month in months I have bloods done, $6-$7 on normal months.
I got the hook up with a med supply company so I ended up with oh...1000 pins haha I think I might be set for life on that front.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I got the hook up with a med supply company so I ended up with oh...1000 pins haha I think I might be set for life on that front.
AT 2 pins per week, that's 500 weeks that is only 9.61 years. Man, you better start sourcing again.....:)

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
AT 2 pins per week, that's 500 weeks that is only 9.61 years. Man, you better start sourcing again.....:)
Lol yeah ill get on that, the nice thing is I set myself up as a medical supply company so I can get stuff whole sale :D

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Actually, that is a great idea. Maybe you could start a buying group?
Hmm might not be a bad idea I do have access to a whole catalog of items.