HRT questions.

bowhunter01

Awards
Hello my name is Jacob and I'm new to this sight. A few months ago I started to notice symptoms of low testososterone and decided to get some test run. I'm 31 years old. Well my t came back at 230 and my free t was also a tad low. I started treatment with this doctor without finding out why it was low in the first place. Immediately I began 100 mls a week of test cyp which had some good effects in the 1st month then things went downhill so I had blood drawn again. This time my test was 667 and e was at 55.6 which was high I believe. Long story short Dr. said to up the dose to 200 a week and neglected to manage e. So as of now I visited a endo who has told me to stop all injections for a couple weeks then do follow up blood work to see why my levels were low at 230 to begin with apparently she thinks its my pituitary gland... So my question to you guys is stopping trt cold turkey for weeks to see whether its primary or secondary a good idea or should I just continue on with the other dr. and the treatment? Thanks

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to come off test cyp @ 100mls a week also. gonna have bloods drawn in a few days to see where im at. before i could get off the test my endo had me get an MRI of pituitary, testicle exam and the dreaded prostate exam all came back great with no problems. I've been on test for about 5 months

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have never heard of that big of a dose. Good luck. 100ml is a lot

bowhunter01

Awards
I'm sorry I meant .5 ml a week and then my gp uppes it to 1ml a week never questioning my high e. Like I said I'm told to stop injections now to find out if my pituitary is causing the low numbers. Not sure what to do whether continue on with the treatment through my gp or follow the endos orders

bowhunter01

Awards
I really need some advice here. Its been over a week since my last injection and I am worried I will crash hard? Does it make much sense to stop treatment to find out if I have secondary or primary hypogonadism?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the Endo has your best interest in mind, which is great. They want you to stop so they can figure things out and yeah, it will likely be hormonal and emotional, but that is short term and they want to help you long term. They may suggest starting up clomid once you are off injections for a few weeks.

bowhunter01

Awards
I have been to both a endo and a men's health clinic both of them saying to come off treatment until Feb 10th redo blood test and then go from there. Problem is I have 2 kids a fiance and no energy lol. Neither of them mentioned clomid to take while coming off the test. I hadn't really felt the effects of the treatment since the end of the first month, but I blame that on e levels out of whack and I wasn't on hcg or a a1. I am freaking out because the men's clinic told me optimal levels for a 31 year old are 375-650 which I believe 375-500 is even low. My thyroid checked out fine but the gp forgot to check my pituitary levels as well as prolactin. So I guess I'm stuck waiting till feb 10th and then however long it takes to get test back. Just really sucks that I have to let my t drop so low here. My t level when first tested was 230, is that really low for a 31 year old?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I mentioned clomid, I said that they may suggest going that route once you are off the injections, not as you come off. It would be another approach that they may look into.

Having e2 levels in the 50s is going to make you feel like ****. So, to your suspicion of whether that played a role, I'd venture to say yeah. As far as your question of whether 230 is low for a 31yo- yeah it really is. I was testing from 230-199 before starting TRT before my 37thbday and that was really low.

bowhunter01

Awards
Taking clomid would be to try and JumpStart the pituitary gland? Or try and get me to make test on my own? Its been a little over a week since my last injection and I'm already falling asleep at 3:00 in the afternoon. Need this month to go fast.

bowhunter01

Awards
Is 230 a number that indicates hypogonadism or can everyday life drive numbers down that low?