Progression and persistence

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Been a while since I had a good update. This is from last thursdays work out.

weight 172.

Power snatches PR!!! 195
[video=youtube;e9-t3vLir7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9-t3vLir7M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Summer is almost over, I dont gain fat easily so I will most likley start to add calories slowly. My overall goal is to stay same bf% and get to 190. I was there before I got injured and I am hoping muscle memory help! My training has kept my strength very respectable to where I was even 200+ Now that I go to my new gym, The only problem is affording the food it takes for me to gain clean weight...

ITW

ITW

Awards
Nice!! I've been thinking about starting some oly lifts they just look so fun

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Nice!! I've been thinking about starting some oly lifts they just look so fun
Oh they are. Nothing feels more powerful than heavy oly lifts. And most people in the gym can't do them.

The benefits that I find transfer to my other areas of training/fittness is unmatched. Explosive power, endurance, stamina, and coordination.

ITW

ITW

Awards
Honestly don't know how you could improve where you're at haha

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Bigger, faster, and stronger! Appreciate the support my friend!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking diesel man. Great progress so far, but keep on the grind. :cool:

O and Oly Lifts are definitely legit. :cool:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I weight about the same as when I started working out 8-9 years ago...

I bulked for the first years but not to dirty, then dirty bulked. That put me at around 210. Then I cut to around 180ish. I stopped yoyo dieting and now I try to make slow consistent quality progress. Staying fairly lean. Cutting 30lbs sucked. It took 6-7 months of hard dieting. I would rather just avoid that situation. Oh and lost TONS of strength-size in the process...

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
New DL PR today 365+ 2" wide bands on each side

No idea how much those resist, but I failed every past attempt at it.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
First of all I'm not even on page two but damn congrats u are beautiful lol no homoeroticism there keep it up, I am trying for lean and strong too and just started a log/run and am gonna Try to adopt some of your training/dieting methods. So I'll be on this thread often.

ITW

ITW

Awards
^ yupp he's got the best of both worlds right now. Strong but also cut as hell. A great balance of the two is my ultimate goal as well

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Finished reading, keep the log up, they are self motivating, and make you want to be stronger and leaner

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is huge on abs too, and you do huge cardio 5k isn't something anybody on here can proudly say they do as their cardio session

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Kickin ass man!

That's why I dig AM - wanna learn about getting shredded - there's some prime examples around here

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the support! I will always answer any questions, and be happy to do so.

IMO typical body building is out dated (especially for us natty guys). I dislike low carb diets, do whole body work outs, and listen to my body. I have trained with plenty "unnaturals" I respect every ones decision as long as mine is respected as well. I am much smaller than SOME OF THEM, but almost as strong, and pound per pound I am much stronger. Work ethic goes a long way. But in all fairness I am miles behind many, I just want to see what I can get my body to accomplish.

5k is only like 3.5miles. Personally good music, loud in the head phones, and a special herbal medication make a 5k pass like an... Herbal medication.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome I have that herbal medication too that's how I've been able to get myself to an easy mile... Well not because of it but because of going to the gym afterwards and just focusing and pounding it out and then treadmill afterwards, 3 months ago I couldn't run a straight mile but now I can kill it

Prraimm

Awards
First post, saw this thread first and I'm really impressed .. The amount you can lift for that size is amazing keep it up!
Questions on your cardio.. How often do you do the 5K? Do you believe in losing muscle from cardio?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
First post, saw this thread first and I'm really impressed .. The amount you can lift for that size is amazing keep it up!
Questions on your cardio.. How often do you do the 5K? Do you believe in losing muscle from cardio?
I run a lot. Not so much recently. I like to run at night and when it's cold much more. Even fast paced walks (i got dogs) I just hate when its hoy and sticky I don't think under 30 mins of running will burn to much muscle.

I was much bigger. I was stronger then. I basically bulked for around 5 years slowly then cut for a year and have trying to basically just slowly improve as much as I can. Strength has a lot to do with tendon strength, explosive power, and your CNS. Size isn't always relevant to strength. There will not be a 140lb person benching 600. There obviously Is some relevancy.

ITW

ITW

Awards
I run a lot. Not so much recently. I like to run at night and when it's cold much more. Even fast paced walks (i got dogs) I just hate when its hoy and sticky I don't think under 30 mins of running will burn to much muscle.

I was much bigger. I was stronger then. I basically bulked for around 5 years slowly then cut for a year and have trying to basically just slowly improve as much as I can. Strength has a lot to do with tendon strength, explosive power, and your CNS. Size isn't always relevant to strength. There will not be a 140lb person benching 600. There obviously Is some relevancy.
I blow at running but I'm an amazing swimmer. All state in high school. Swam in college til I got hurt and said **** it. So I do that for cardio. Crazy full body workout.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I blow at running but I'm an amazing swimmer. All state in high school. Swam in college til I got hurt and said **** it. So I do that for cardio. Crazy full body workout.
I agree swimming is wonderful. Running is just something that it's benefits are countless. Especially if in sports.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good **** on the snatches. I just started adding them in. Not sure if I'm going to do a deadlift/snatch day.

It killed my left shoulder ( old high school injury). Not on the way up but on the way down. And my shoulder flexibility is horrible.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Today I weighed 171 again.. And It was a very bad day. I should note that I have been working crazy hours, and a golf outing 2 days ago which after led to excessive drinking didnt help. My diet has been Ehh, and sleep has been little.

Epic failure today, the best part of today was the awesome shirt I had on...

Got 115 but when I had some one film me I couldnt repeat the set. I was not happy...

[video=youtube;vSr4beFFrC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSr4beFFrC4&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

Failed again...

Then Bench...

Worked up to 315. Hit a very clean double, then a easy clean single. Something about giving up my spotter mentally ****ed me for this set. Knowing that this set was on camera may not have helped as well..... VERY DIRTY REP i know i know....

Edit: video in later post

Its days like today that fuel me to really bust ass... Motivation. Watching these videos hurts.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Failed again...

[video=youtube;CYjQ2gORVRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjQ2gORVRQ&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
And another fail...

[video=youtube;GqbkUIiVuiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqbkUIiVuiM&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Gotta give credit where credit's due - keeping it real by posting the fails. For myself, it's much more valuable (and painful) to have the some of those bad days on tape, as compared to only having videos of the "good" days

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
BUT that Genomyx shirt I'm rocking is bad ass.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Squats today, I feel that I was very glycogen depleted during yesterdays work out. I ate almost nothing the previous days.

Weight 177

Worked up to 405 regular stance then did chain squats.

This is 315 + 2 chains each side (chains weigh 20lbs each)
[video=youtube;ME14P21X9n4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME14P21X9n4&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
315 + 4 chains. Not quite far enough...
[video=youtube;XDSnLBzVEl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDSnLBzVEl8&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
315 + 5 chains each side ( thats 100 lbs of chains each side....)

[video=youtube;mXZNcGYByRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXZNcGYByRI&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is a bunch of chains. :eek:

Must train in a pretty diesel gym. We need to get more chains at my facility, but unfortunately that isn't on the priority list right now. :(

Nice work tho.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I have hit a 500 parallel before (no chains just free weight) I use a much wider stance maxing out. For training I bring it in to increase my ROM. I also try to pass parallel training, but the last was about parallel. My sticking point is not in the hole, rather about 6 inches up so I set some chains to deload completely at that point of the lift.

ITW

ITW

Awards
Thanks guys. I have hit a 500 parallel before (no chains just free weight) I use a much wider stance maxing out. For training I bring it in to increase my ROM. I also try to pass parallel training, but the last was about parallel. My sticking point is not in the hole, rather about 6 inches up so I set some chains to deload completely at that point of the lift.
How much can you Db bench? My new goal is 115's each hand with absolutely no help

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
How much can you Db bench? My new goal is 115's each hand with absolutely no help
No clue, I have a video from years ago I hit 100s for either 10 or 12. I'll find it.

I know how I can find the answer to this question. Let you know within the week.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
WTG! A Lot more than I can do! ;-)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
WTG! A Lot more than I can do! ;-)
I'm sure not that much more than you Sara! Thanks for stopping by. I've been burnt out. Taking it easy for a few days and trying those lifts again.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I'm sure not that much more than you Sara! Thanks for stopping by. I've been burnt out. Taking it easy for a few days and trying those lifts again.
I hate when I hit the burn out point.. I usually back off too much and have to really get back with it again!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Thank you mike smith (Smitty) for critiquing my lifts. Made the recommended adjustments for squats today. Hit 405 + 80lbs total in chains for a set of 1 (tried the second got it moving up but the chains were to much. )

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Hit 315 for a set of 3 today on bench. Which was after dead lifts. Best in a long time for me!

My new protocol came in today. I didn't get it until after my work out BUT it tastes so good.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit 315 for a set of 3 today on bench. Which was after dead lifts. Best in a long time for me!

My new protocol came in today. I didn't get it until after my work out BUT it tastes so good.
Dang 315 for the triple. :thumbsup:

I got three tubs of the new protocol on the way. Can't wait to try it. :D

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
3 tubs. You won't regret it. I recommend using more water than recommended. Drinking .5 serving and 16 oz water now.