Progression and persistence

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Lats are slacking. Need to bring up the balance. But not a shabby place to start cutting from.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334116771.604780.jpg

Those chains estimates at 40lbs each.. All 4 of them. Not
Counting the chains they are strung on.

Box was set up at 42 inches. Not a Max jump by any means. Just high enough that explosive strength is needed to complete the jump. 6 sets of 8-12 worked in through out the workout.

No idea on the bands. But awesome for getting my "clean" up.

Attachments

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334155738.976987.jpg

Lower abs are starting to make an appearance.

I also stopped stepping on a scale everyday. It's really pointless to me right now. Strength and the mirror will be the ultimate guide.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hate scales. I only use it at work and it irritates me every time.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
dude I want your gym!!!! its sick!!! where is that?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
dude I want your gym!!!! its sick!!! where is that?
It just moved and the owner is certified in westside barbell. It's called the iron asylum. It's actually pretty cheap. Just weights. A few treadmills but no pool or basketball court or anything I have to pay upkeep on.

We are getting tires and hammers. The coolest thing is they leave the chains and bands by the squat rack not behind the desk.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
It just moved and the owner is certified in westside barbell. It's called the iron asylum. It's actually pretty cheap. Just weights. A few treadmills but no pool or basketball court or anything I have to pay upkeep on.

We are getting tires and hammers. The coolest thing is they leave the chains and bands by the squat rack not behind the desk.
this is what gyms need to be all about..... i need to make one of these

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great work here! Great abs. You could wash some clothes on those things. Washboard for sure. Keep going!

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
Damn man how do you drop so many lbs and keep your upper body size?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Damn man how do you drop so many lbs and keep your upper body size?
My training style is much more than bodybuilding related. I basically looked at all training styles and took what I like over the years. It consists of...
Powerlifting
Bodybuilding
Martial arts / Wrestling
Polymerrics
5/3/1
DC
Football style strength programs
Rugby work outs
Some gymnastics/ghetto work out (yoube it)
Olympic and explosive training.

I gained muscle slowly over years. It has matured and won't just disappear in a month. When it comes down to it diet. Diet. Diet. No one likes the answer. Find YOUR diet. I eat carbs when cutting sometimes before bed but not usually. I basically got to know my body over the years.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Any estimate on body fat. I would like to say 10% but I feel 12% is being honest. Maybe more.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
C'mon bro... Lets be real.. I haven't seen any pic of you that was >10%

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Leg day!
Fasted weight 175lbs. This will be 180+once I break fast

Caliber bf test by gym trainer came out to something like 9.89 I remember rounding up to 9.9 but didn't write down the exact # this was pre work out

Heavy squats... I knew I wouldn't be able to hit the 500 anymore. I have been doing chains, out the hole, widow makers, and odd variations of squats to avoid seeing how much strength I lost..

Worked up to a 475x1. I hear the same 2 comments every time I squat. Great depth and keep my head up.

475= 2.71x my bw or 300lbs+ bw. Not shabby.

The rest of my work out consisted of sled pushing and banded dead lift. Lots of sets some supersets. Working deads up to a 1rm. Not sure the weight with all the change and bands on the bar. Don't really care for today either.

Ended blasting calves, also did sets for calves all work out.

Attachments

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Definitely in for this, should've holla at me with this thread before

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Good to have you. My goals are basically strong and lean. I want to be in ninja like shape and abilities someday...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can't just go around 'shopping your head onto my body. :mad:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
At this point I am going to have to declare all out war to get rid of that lower ab fat. Results will be slower.

When I finish my bottle of Abliterate advance I will switch to Eviscerate to assist in spot reduction.

Attachments

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Best work out ever.

Squats 7 sets working up to 405. Took it easy because I hurt my neck and ankle in my rugby game this past weekend

Dead lifts (with bands)
7 sets working up to 315 on the bar plus 4 total bands. I was told this equaled around 430 on the ground and 540-560 depending how tall the person is at the top. By far a pr (315 plus Bands is the pr)

Yoke walk worked up to 400+ lbs @ 30-40 yards. I had 380 in weights and no idea how heavy the set up is. It is way more than 20lbs.

POST work out weight 175.5 I usually weigh myself first thing leg day but forgot.

Attachments

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Doing it like a boss

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
The yoke walk bar is 122. Making what I carried 502 (above)

Also did board press today and got 340 @ 2 boards. 2x bw!
350@ 3 boards.

Lame updates but life is happening fast. . .

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Damn brotha you are ready for summer(no homo)
Few more weeks of hard work and I should be ready. Even though my goal is to maintain sub 10% all summer or close. I am getting stronger. Can't complain about that.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
There is ALWAYS room for improvement. I will NEVER be happy. The leaner / stronger I get the more I crave for more.

Wait until AA is gone and I switch to eviscerate! I will look competition ready!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Posting for my own records (that's why I started this thread).

Completely unflexed and flexed pictures. After a huge carb up and TTA is having me a bit bloated

Still need to get that lower ab fat to go away.

Weight 178 this morning. 183 tonight for the pics. ( haha about a 10pm glycogen load?

Set lots of recent PRs this week as well.

48 inch box jump for sets of 4,3,3,1 my PR was once ( I mis measured and didnt realize how High it was until the 3rd set. That helped mentally a lot I think).

-3 board flat bench press 355
-Banded dead lift. 435 at the bottom and about 545 at the top (this does not mean I can dl 545)
-80lb dumbbell snatches for sets of 5(super set with DL after the PR I dropped back down a bit for the SS)

Notes: love the strength from the carb up hate the bloat... Needed to happen fat loss was stalling. Low carb for me is still 100g - 160g and I carb cycle. This week is 250g all week.

Attachments

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Pre gym fasted pics flexed and unflexed. Still bloated but much better. Also bloat will go away and this weeks diet has been very easy.

Notes:I can see separation unflexed and lower veins. The extra scale weight will make going back into a defect mentally easier as I would not drop below 170. ( I am coming down from 200 ish).

Side notes: energy and endurance is great.

Attachments

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Killing it bro with your unflexed pics

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your bodyfat % kind of irritates me...
:/

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Your bodyfat % kind of irritates me...
:/
I'm sorry?

I'm surprised no one has come in here and flame my weight...

As of right now 174

Pics taken 134am et. 5-25-12
(right now)
TTA stopped a day or two ago
Carb bloating has gone down
Got some sun haha

Unflexed and 2 flexed

Attachments

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kidding, of course... I hope to get my bf even close to where you're at next cut/recomp.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;GchsRvhk8mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchsRvhk8mw&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

I hope this works if not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchsRvhk8mw&feature=youtu.be

This is my last set... I worked up to 105 for 1 each arm. then back to 95 x 3 of 3... I didnt want to do that many but the person taking the video kept messing up. This was my 6th working set...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dang... One-armed snatches are no joke, especially with a BB.

Looking a little chubby, too. :p

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Let me shave the rug off I'll look lean. The hair is nice during a bulk it makes me look more cut. But when im lean it hides the lines...

I had more weight before that but the guy messed up the video and I was not able to repeat that set. My goal is 135 soon.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Update.

Unhappy with my bench lately so I am switching to speed training for a bit. Today I basically did 10-15 working sets speed bench with various weight, chains, and Bands.

In between sets I let my ADHD roll and would just do random exercises. Lots of rows holding at the chest, yolk walks, box jumps, push/pull the sled. Stretching.

Added some updated pics so I can keep comparing them to past progress pictures. Weight fasted am 176

On a side note pulled 450 DL raw grip (chalk) after squats Monday. That's a PR for raw grip. Then failed at 425 after.... Again I did 6 working ATG sets of squats first.

Attachments

ITW

ITW

Awards
Update.

Unhappy with my bench lately so I am switching to speed training for a bit. Today I basically did 10-15 working sets speed bench with various weight, chains, and Bands.

In between sets I let my ADHD roll and would just do random exercises. Lots of rows holding at the chest, yolk walks, box jumps, push/pull the sled. Stretching.

Added some updated pics so I can keep comparing them to past progress pictures. Weight fasted am 176

On a side note pulled 450 DL raw grip (chalk) after squats Monday. That's a PR for raw grip. Then failed at 425 after.... Again I did 6 working ATG sets of squats first.
Giving me some great motivation. Good thread my man