POSEIDON Info

tremelo24

Board Supporter
Awards
I suppose I should have started a thread...

First and foremost, saying it cleared up my complexion would be an understatement. I used to think I had good skin, but after a few weeks on Poseidon I look 5 years younger.. and I'm only 26. The skin on my face is tighter, and I no longer have any darkness under my eyes.

I take it first thing in the morning, and within minutes the AM fog has lifted. I take a serving at lunch, and a serving pre workout with another following post workout. My ability to recover between sets has really increased. The duration of my pump is much longer. I try to keep a certain level of light soreness at all times, and I've had to increase my volume about 20% to stay sore. Faster recovery = faster gains. :box:

It has definitely proven itself to be a staple. I'll be ordering more soon for my immediate family members.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I suppose I should have started a thread...

First and foremost, saying it cleared up my complexion would be an understatement. I used to think I had good skin, but after a few weeks on Poseidon I look 5 years younger.. and I'm only 26. The skin on my face is tighter, and I no longer have any darkness under my eyes.

I take it first thing in the morning, and within minutes the AM fog has lifted. I take a serving at lunch, and a serving pre workout with another following post workout. My ability to recover between sets has really increased. The duration of my pump is much longer. I try to keep a certain level of light soreness at all times, and I've had to increase my volume about 20% to stay sore. Faster recovery = faster gains. :box:

It has definitely proven itself to be a staple. I'll be ordering more soon for my immediate family members.
Great to hear the success your having tremelo24! Please do start a thread in the supplements section. Perhaps just copy and paste exactly what you wrote here. This is great information that many would benefit from. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing how your family members benefit from Poseidon! Thanks for sharing :)

Workin

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how many scoops are you taking at each one of these doses?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks tremelo.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
did i NOT predict this? I TOLD everyone to order more than one because it would undoubtedly sell out! and guess what.....to everyone's surprise............IT DID!

GO FIGURE!

:bow28:

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your question psywzrd.

We did test a capsule version. Unfortunately, we found that it had the potential to cause gastrointestinal discomfort due to many of the active ingredients not coming in contact with liquid until reaching the stomach. By adding Poseidon to water (or any other beverage) FIRST, the problem is eliminated.

I follow this protocol when it comes to taking Poseidon:

Recommended dosing protocol- For the best results, Poseidon should be used as follows:
1. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach or with a protein shake.
2. Before, during and after workouts* (I usually put 2-3 servings in a water bottle and start sipping on it 10 minutes prior to my workout and finish about the time my workout is complete)
3. In the evening before bed.

*On non-workout days, take 2-3 servings spread out as much as possible throughout the day.

I find it really is not much of an inconvenience at all. I also keep a water bottle in the refrigerator at all times that has 1-2 servings of Poseidon in it. This way I can sip on it whenever I feel I need to. I often times do the same thing with a water bottle that I carry around with me during the day. MY container of Poseidon says in my gym bag so I can easily add it to water and sip on it before, during and after my workouts, as stated above.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can answer any more questions you have. We're here to help.

Thanks for your interest ;-)

Workin
Working:

I know this is a bit late, but thanks for answering my question. Perhaps you can make a capsule version available so we can see for ourselves whether or not it causes any GI problems? Everyone reacts differently to supps so maybe some of us will be able to tolerate caps. Like I said, the convenience factor is huge for me and I always prefer capsules/gelcaps/liqui-gels, etc. over powders.

Regardless, with all of the positive feedback posted here I have decided to give it a try. Dam* you people with your raves about this product!!!:) If I like it half as much as you guys, I'm going to have another staple to add to my diet.

tremelo24

Board Supporter
Awards
psywzrd, it is inexpensive and easy to cap a powder. The Cap'Em Quick machines work well.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Working:

I know this is a bit late, but thanks for answering my question. Perhaps you can make a capsule version available so we can see for ourselves whether or not it causes any GI problems? Everyone reacts differently to supps so maybe some of us will be able to tolerate caps. Like I said, the convenience factor is huge for me and I always prefer capsules/gelcaps/liqui-gels, etc. over powders.

Regardless, with all of the positive feedback posted here I have decided to give it a try. Dam* you people with your raves about this product!!!:) If I like it half as much as you guys, I'm going to have another staple to add to my diet.
Thanks for the idea psy. The powder version is doing really, really well. I'm sure that if the boys think it would be productive and worthy a capsule version could be a possibility, but I'm thinking as of right now the powder version will be put to the test for a little while.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
psywzrd, it is inexpensive and easy to cap a powder. The Cap'Em Quick machines work well.
Are you using one of those machines to cap Poseidon. If so, what size caps are you using and how many caps does it take to make one serving?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
they have already indicated that the methylated B-12 (forgive me if this is the wrong compound) needs to be in powder form to digest alot easier. So i wouldn't look for a capsule form any time soon..

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
they have already indicated that the methylated B-12 (forgive me if this is the wrong compound) needs to be in powder form to digest alot easier. So i wouldn't look for a capsule form any time soon..
This was my understanding too.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Does this methlyated b-12 mean we should be taking some kind of liver protection while on Poseidon?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Does this methlyated b-12 mean we should be taking some kind of liver protection while on Poseidon?
HAHA--

Not that I am laughing at you...

Not at all. hehe

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just because something is methylated does NOT mean it is hepatoxic!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
The more you read you would. Caffiene is methylated too. Methylation only gets exciting for us when talking about hormone manipulation for oral use generally.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Retain is methylated, too! but not hepatoxic.....

lol! (i know it was a SHAMELESS plug, sorry!)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The more you read you would. Caffiene is methylated too. Methylation only gets exciting for us when talking about hormone manipulation for oral use generally.
Yep, we drink methlyxanthines everyday in our moring teas and coffees.

Regarding the b12, Poseidon and capsulation.... in order for b12 to be absorbed into the body it requires the presence of a carry protein. This carry protein is called Intrinsic Factor, and it is indeed located and secreted in the middle portion of the stomach. Intrinsic factor binds to b12 in the belly, goes along with it thru the intestines for absorption then(like arm floaties) keeps it swimming through the bloodstream to all it's designated locations. So imagine taking a pill that lies in the bottom of the stomach and THEN gets dissolved and opened leaving the b12 in a very concentrated state with little surface area available for IF to not only have to catch up to but also try to bind to. It practically misses the b12 all together which really, really hurts absorpiton of said product. So of course in a diluted drink where the b12 has much more exposed surface area and actually comes in contact with IF the absorption is greatly increased.:dance:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
maybe we could have flavored POSEIDON drinks in 4 packs?

:thumbsup:

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys recommend mixing Poseidon with to mask the taste? I know some here just use water but I want to know what else people are using just in case I can't take the taste with just water.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i mix it with my protein drink!

it is practically unflavored, so you can mix it with anything!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you guys recommend mixing Poseidon with to mask the taste? I know some here just use water but I want to know what else people are using just in case I take the taste with just water.
My personal favs are(in no particular order)

Water(he,he)
Crystal Light or Generic versions thereof consisting of
Lemonade(the best)
Rasberry(fruity goodness)
Peach Tea(not the best but I had to try it)
Strawberry Kiwi(Just because I like the word Kiwi)

And wollah mace theres your 4 flavors.:afro:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I like to mix any number of powders with any kind of Xtends. Anything that can mask BCAAs is a heavy flavoring. Try Crowlers BCAA mix.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mmmmm, excell and Poseidon. That's a tasty mixture motiv8er.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm - I'm thinking Crystal Light lemonade then. And I'll probably take it with my post-workout drink (Orange Endurox with Vanilla Protein Powder - tastes just like a creamsicle).

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Defenitly a good choice sir.:thumbsup: Can't go wrong with Lemonade and a Creamsicle.:D

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Working:

My pleasure psywzrd. :)

As for the capsules, we don't have plans for any due to the reasons listed above. It's a great idea, but it would not be as effective of a product unfortunately.

What many do is mix 3-4 scoops of Poseidon in a water bottle and sip on it throughout the day. This way you don't have to worry about constantly mixing. ;)

I look forward to your thoughts once you've tried it...I think you'll be impressed :thumbsup:

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
maybe we could have flavored POSEIDON drinks in 4 packs?

Down the road we will be looking into RTD Poseidon bottles, but for now, we don't have plans to flavor it. We don't want to introduce something unnatural or artificial (flavoring), to a very pure and natural formula. ;)

When we are ready to manufacture the RTD's, we will begin to looking into flavoring them. For now, Crystal Light works great if you would like to add some taste :)

Workin

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
man, i should be incharge of your R&D. LOL!

you guys read my mind, everytime! :thumbsup:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RTDP's(Ready To Drink Poseidon's) is a great idea.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Took my first dose this afternoon. I mixed one serving with Crystal Light lemonade (I chickened out of trying it with just water) and you couldn't even detect that anything else was in there. Drank it right down and got the tingly feeling and a noticeable niacin flush shortly thereafter. The flush wasn't bad at all and if that's as bad as it gets, I'll have no problem taking this stuff.

As an FYI, Crystal Light makes these great little packets called "On the Go" - they're single-serving packets that are super easy to pour into a narrow-mouth bottle of water. I'm going to keep them at work with my Poseidon so I can take it in the afternoon on my non-workout days.

Can't wait until I start feeling and seeing the effects from this stuff.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
YEAH!
how about some POSEIDON "on-the-go" packets? that would be GREAT!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took my first dose this afternoon. I mixed one serving with Crystal Light lemonade (I chickened out of trying it with just water) and you couldn't even detect that anything else was in there. Drank it right down and got the tingly feeling and a noticeable niacin flush shortly thereafter. The flush wasn't bad at all and if that's as bad as it gets, I'll have no problem taking this stuff.

As an FYI, Crystal Light makes these great little packets called "On the Go" - they're single-serving packets that are super easy to pour into a narrow-mouth bottle of water. I'm going to keep them at work with my Poseidon so I can take it in the afternoon on my non-workout days.

That's the same kind I use man. Really makes things convient for ya in the long run. If you get a chance check out the rasberry flavor to. It really taste good. As for the Poseidon solo, give it a try sometime. I think you'll find it's not that bad and that after a while you actually start craving it. Just mix one serving in about 10-12 oz or so, put it aside or in the fridge for about 5 mins and try it out..... good stuff.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
That's the same kind I use man. Really makes things convient for ya in the long run. If you get a chance check out the rasberry flavor to. It really taste good. As for the Poseidon solo, give it a try sometime. I think you'll find it's not that bad and that after a while you actually start craving it. Just mix one serving in about 10-12 oz or so, put it aside or in the fridge for about 5 mins and try it out..... good stuff.
Raspberry sounds good man - I'm all over that.

As far as pre-mixing the Poseidon and putting it in the fridge, do you know how long it will remain stable in water? Can I leave it in there for a few days? It might be nice to make a big-a$$ pitcher of it so I can just drink it whenever without having to worry about mixing it every time.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

I think you'll find it really doesn't have much taste mixed with plain water IF you let it sit for 5-10 minutes before drinking. Crystal Light does make a great mixer though ;)

Keep us informed on your progress psywzrd! :)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Raspberry sounds good man - I'm all over that.

As far as pre-mixing the Poseidon and putting it in the fridge, do you know how long it will remain stable in water? Can I leave it in there for a few days? It might be nice to make a big-a$$ pitcher of it so I can just drink it whenever without having to worry about mixing it every time.
Thats exactly what I do. It will stay stable in the fridge for 2-3 days easy. :thumbsup:

Workin

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
I think you'll find it really doesn't have much taste mixed with plain water IF you let it sit for 5-10 minutes before drinking. Crystal Light does make a great mixer though ;)

Keep us informed on your progress psywzrd! :)

Workin
I took it with some water last night and you were right - the taste isn't that bad. I still prefer it with Crystal Light but sometimes you're just not in the mood for it.

I made a big mistake last night though by not taking in enough water with my Poseidon. That was by far the most intense niacin flush I've ever experienced - I thought my head was going to explode!:hot: It subsided after about 15-20 minutes, but while it lasted it was more than a little uncomfortable. I won't be making that mistake again.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha, it sneaks up on you sometimes man. As for the stablility, I mixed some up on friday, left for the weekend and got back late sunday drank it down and still got a slight flush. So, I'd say stability is pretty good.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
FYI...Poseidon is back in stock at Nutra Planet in limited supply. :)

Workin

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Great call with the raspberry Crystal Light recommendation - that stuff is awesome!!! It's not a really overpowering taste like I thought it was going to be (especially considering how red the drink looked). I bought some Fruit Punch too and I'm sure that will be good. I love Iced Tea also but I'm not sure how it would taste with Poseidon. Can't hurt to try it though.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Great call with the raspberry Crystal Light recommendation - that stuff is awesome!!! It's not a really overpowering taste like I thought it was going to be (especially considering how red the drink looked). I bought some Fruit Punch too and I'm sure that will be good. I love Iced Tea also but I'm not sure how it would taste with Poseidon. Can't hurt to try it though.

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you liked it psy I like it a lot to. Keep alternating between that and lemonade(no carbs, no cals, and a little extra Potassium to go along with the Poseidon). Let me know how the tea and fruit punch turn out. DON'T try the peach tea flavor though, that stuff taste like rotten peach fuzz.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Down the road we will be looking into RTD Poseidon bottles, but for now, we don't have plans to flavor it. We don't want to introduce something unnatural or artificial (flavoring), to a very pure and natural formula. ;)

Workin
I'm in full support of staying all-natural. If you ever do flavor Poseidon, it would be cool if you could stick to some natural sweeteners. High quality stevia extract is an obvious one, but there are at least 10 others with GRAS approval that, oddly enough, aren't really utilized.