PES Strength Contest

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will do my body dips and start there. If someone could confirm and also look at my attempts as I had 150 pounds initially.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool, the dips are great depth- I just wanted someone to confirm the weight. I don't think you are lying by any means but I know I have to be absolutely sure in case this happens with someone we don't know as well.

Nobody has entered the bodyweight dips yet. Remember that all entrants get a free tshirt and prizes go to the winners of each category.

It helps to get your videos in early in case the technique isn't allowed and it is disqualified. A last minute video that gets disqualified would be a pain in the arse.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool, the dips are great depth- I just wanted someone to confirm the weight. I don't think you are lying by any means but I know I have to be absolutely sure in case this happens with someone we don't know as well.

Nobody has entered the bodyweight dips yet. Remember that all entrants get a free tshirt and prizes go to the winners of each category.

It helps to get your videos in early in case the technique isn't allowed and it is disqualified. A last minute video that gets disqualified would be a pain in the arse.
i got a video shot for the BW dips still waiting on my buddy to put it up :-(

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Okay this all looks like too much fun- I want in! No way I can hang with some of you monsters(180lb weighted dips! Cough, cough) but I wanna join in on the action! I'm gonna try and do all four categories just to push myself, ya know. I don't even have a dip belt and never do weighted dips/chins, but a dude I work out with from time to time does, so im just gonna borrow his. I shot my first attempt at bw dips today, probably do chins tomorrow and get vids of the weighted exercises by next week.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Any one do bw pull ups yet? I need my dips updated on the page one along with my pull ups.
ive done a trial run of both but without a video. you and i are pretty close on both. ill try to get a video tomorrow if i can find someone to do it

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How many pull ups can you do. I for sure though I'd get 25-30 but guess not.

nergy

Awards
count me in for bw dips as well, last time I did 40 reps after a leg training.
Video next week for dips, and in two weeks for weighted dips and pull ups.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might jump in on the bodyweight pull ups

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
How many pull ups can you do. I for sure though I'd get 25-30 but guess not.
Yeah they feel so light at first lol. i usually do 15 body weight for a warm up before i move into weighted pullups, its fairly easy but i havent gone all out in forever. im guessing ill fall between 20-25 but ill find out in about an hour. dips i hit 49 last week mid workout so i need to try them fresh and see.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going to warm up with dips will shoot for 3 attempts.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did 31 dips but my workout partner, she only filmed the first 5 so Tuesday I will re do it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow you beat me on dips but once I film it right im going 4 35 dips.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Did dips and pull ups today. Body weight pull ups: 23, body weight dips: 52. file size is too large for my phone to send it to my email via video message so im trying to figure out how to upload it from my phone to computer but having a lot of trouble. may just have to redo videos with a different camera.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Second post has been updated with daft205's entry.

daft205, if you haven't done so already please email [email protected] with your address to receive your tshirt. :)

You can wear it in your other videos!

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Oh in the vids above i did 135lbx5 on the dips and 90x3 on the pull ups and I weigh 186-187lb.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Doing another pull up video tonight.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh in the vids above i did 135lbx5 on the dips and 90x3 on the pull ups and I weigh 186-187lb.
Video uploaded to the second post.

To embed post [ y t ] y_08nB16_OA [ / y t ] without any spaces. Take the segment of the link after the = sign.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far here are the rankings;

Winning the heaviest pull up and bodyweight pull up competition is djbombsquad.

Winning the bodyweight dips competition is daft205.

Winning the heaviest dips competition is evandem27.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have just told you how to embed! :)

Good depth on these, well done.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Ah ha! I didn't get what you were saying, about how to embed- but I do now. Thanks bro!

Profion

Awards
Could some one sum up weight and reps for the winners?
Bw dips is 31reps right?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remembered to do dips at end of session last night. Got a video of 25 reps but I wouldn't count a couple of them. I'll let Ben be the judge on how many count. I'm not happy with it but I'll post it anyways.
[video=youtube;L_3HijUzNTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3HijUzNTY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Remembered to do dips at end of session last night. Got a video of 25 reps but I wouldn't count a couple of them. I'll let Ben be the judge on how many count. I'm not happy with it but I'll post it anyways.
[video=youtube;L_3HijUzNTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3HijUzNTY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
every one of those atleast hit 90 degrees, why wouldnt they all count?

Profion

Awards
might be able to do the BW dips and hit 35, but whats the point if someone can do 50

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
might be able to do the BW dips and hit 35, but whats the point if someone can do 50
To push ourselves and a free shirt. Besides, we have yet to SEE this fabled 50.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My lanky 220 pound ass got 25 BW dips last night....
And I know I can hit 10 pullups with a 45 pound plate. Wonder what that would equate to for 3 reps....

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I like these hardcore vids, keep posting them up, makes me wanna go lift.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going re do dips today I think. At the mini gym.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It gives you a reason to try and improve, even if you don't win the competition. Training with a partner is shown in studies to be more effective for strength training than training alone. Think of this as using an online training partner. Failing that you can get a free tshirt lol.

Luke, your 25 dips definitely count, well done. A little swinging but nothing for me to rule out by any means. Email [email protected] with your address for your tshirt. :)

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Going to redue my pull ups today! But gonna post a video near end of contest! I been in deep pull up training for the past 2 weeks :p

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
It gives you a reason to try and improve, even if you don't win the competition. Training with a partner is shown in studies to be more effective for strength training than training alone. Think of this as using an online training partner. Failing that you can get a free tshirt lol.

Luke, your 25 dips definitely count, well done. A little swinging but nothing for me to rule out by any means. Email [email protected] with your address for your tshirt. :)
I agree, calestethics definitely have their place in training regime.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

34 dips- all good!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't beat my weighted dips and pull ups till im unbanned from my gym.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why did you get banned from your gym lol?

Judging from the last video maybe you trained topless. ;)